1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Watanabe Mayu (Mayuyu) / 3rd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. BilyIsFab

BilyIsFab Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Does anyone have any update on Mayuyu!? I barely hear any news from her :( she isnt on Utage either.

2. Hunter

Hunter Kenkyuusei

Mayu has dissapeared for a while and I kinda worried. I heard some rumor saying she is having some health probs... hope that's not true

3. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

I know she did tweet everybody a Happy new year, I just hope she is doing well.

4. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

This is the problem when your oshi graduates. There's always a huge possibility that she'll disappear from our lives altogether. We know so much about the girls while they are in the group (or, at least, we think we do) and then graduation comes about and the girls almost always become less forthcoming about their activities, which is expected, of course, since they are now young women with little, if any, connection to AKB. It always feels, somehow, like we've lost a close friend. Kinda sad.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

In UTAGE! They asked about Mayuyu by putting an assistant in his place.

Nothing has been known since December 31, there is a lot of speculation, his followers and the press are worried if he is sick.

Their representatives have been asked on twitter and there were no answers.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  6. richard durbano

Best possible scenario: Mayuyu has finally met a guy who has swept her off her feet and she is so in love and so smitten with this guy that she simply lost track of the days and weeks and, for the time being, forgotten all about social media and her fans and everything else. Anybody buying into that theory?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  7. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    That must be the luckiest man in the whole planet.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Possibly. But, didn't Yukirin said one time that she didn't think Mayuyu will ever marry? Nobody knows Mayuyu better than her.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. richard durbano

I know that, but didn't she make that comment a few years ago? Things change. People change.

10. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

If he had married he would have put a note in the press being popular. :huh:

11. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I’m wondering if she’s met a partner who perhaps is a non-celebrity and the couple just want complete privacy, and maybe her ‘physical condition’ is that she’s pregnant? Even though I’d be insanely jealous of him [hehe] I hope it’s that rather than she’s ill.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

You wouldn't be the only jealous one. Half of Japan would be jealous.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    BIGLOBE has just published a news article about Mayu:
    https://news.biglobe.ne.jp/entertainment/0219/myj_200219_6324973863.html

The headline is suggesting that she wants to return to AKB48? However I'm reliant on Google Translate, I've pasted the translation I'm getting but as usual it contains a certain amount of gibberish (and I'd guess that the article contains a certain amount of speculation anyway):

14. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

She might be changing agency and has to keep quiet while contracts are being transferred.

Alternately she could be suffering a stress/exhaustion related illness like Jurina/Haruppi.

15. Mayoyo

Mayoyo Member

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    My money's on pregnancy

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Return to team B. Mayu the millennium idol. Would be mind blowing

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

17. Tchu

Tchu Kenkyuusei

I'm not too worried. Other graduated members have had peaks and valleys in their public visibility. Yuko vanished for a short while and now she's acting on TV shows again. I don't think someone as notable as Mayu could ever go away completely. She's probably just enjoying a long deserved break.

I'm sure the rumor of Mayu wanting to return is just a misunderstanding. She probably believed it was time for her to move on, but Yukirin has shown you don't ever have to quit. That being said If Mayu wants to come back I'm all for it. :banana:

18. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    Maybe she's just chillin at home like many other ppl. Scary place out there (with the likes of Corona-chan etc [hehe])

19. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

When they are at home they disappear completely, they don't even update the twitter. :^^;:

And it ended a few days or weeks or months, they appear giving the surprise with drums and trumpets [hehe]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  20. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

What I was thinking. Like Jurina, she has been in the entertainment world since she was a kid (becoming a member when she was 12), and after 13 years of being in it, she finally just needed a break.