1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yamaguchi Maho (Mahohon) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NGT48 Graduated Members' started by nobodywil, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I presume she's been taking elocution lessons provided by her new agency, similarly Haruppi's lisp seems lessened since her signing to a new agency. I can't help feeling a bit sad about it though as it's one of Maho's charm points.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Although I agree that it was very endearing, I imagine that it is a relief on her behalf. My sister had a lisp and pronounced her 'sh' sounds in a very awkward way by having her tongue in front of her teeth (I don't even know how she did it but she also had a tooth gap so maybe that's how it worked). Her s and sh sounds are now perfect, after having had elocution lessons in her late primary education, and she's very grateful as, while some thought it endearing, many made fun of her for it too.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Shinichi46

Shinichi46 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    wakatsukiyumi
    I hope she still is able to kinda reproduce the lisp in an exaggerated way like in one of the akbshow episodes.
    But I'm of course much more interested in the "new" Mahohon and how she will "use magic" as an actress and show us different sides of her.
    Waku waku

4. Valdore

Valdore Kenkyuusei

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    The twitter is still the same

6. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Maho will have her first solo TV appearance inside Fuji TV's program "Nonstop!" (airtime 9:50 to 11:25 AM) in a few days, in what looks like to be a two-part overseas trip special. Here's a translation of the ModelPress article published today, just to give an overview of it.
    ---

山口真帆、女優転身後初のテレビ出演 現在の心境を語る
    Yamaguchi Maho, in the first television appearance since turning to actress profession, speaks out about her current inner thoughts

[​IMG]

女優の山口真帆が、16日と23日に放送されるフジテレビ系「ノンストップ!」(あさ9:50~)に出演。女優転身後初めてのテレビ出演となる。
    Yamaguchi Maho, now actress, is set to appear on Fuji TV network's "Nonstop!" (9:50 AM~), to be aired on the 16th and 23th of this month. This is going to be her first television appearance since turning to her new actress profession.

同番組では、祝日特別企画として“秋のマカオ旅”の模様を放送。山口は、日本でも話題の統合型リゾート(通称IR)をはじめとした世界中の新しいものが集まり、女子旅にぴったりのマカオの魅力を、久代萌美アナウンサーと共に徹底調査する。
    In this program, they will broadcast scenes from her "Autumn trip to Macao", as a holiday special feature. Along with television announcer Kushiro Moemi, Yamaguchi will go into an in-dept exploration of the marvels of Macao, a perfect place for a woman's trip, where every new things from all over the world are concentrated -- to name one, the Integrated Resort (IR for short) facility which has been a matter of talk even in Japan.

マカオの街を歩いていると、話題は山口の女優転身についての話へ。久代アナウンサ―に心境の変化について尋ねられると、「新しいことに挑戦するっていうワクワクがある。難しいこともたくさんあるけれど、できないからこそやりがいがあって楽しい」と、女優という新たな挑戦への前向きな気持ちを語る。
    As they walk around the streets of Macao, the topic will shift to Yamaguchi and her turning to an acting profession. Asked by announcer Kushiro about what has changed in her mindset, she talked regarding her positive attitude toward this new challenge which is being an actress: "There's a feeling of excitement about trying out something new. There are many difficult things, but it's exactly because one can't handle it which makes them fun and worth doing".

その後2人は、異空間広がるハリウッドの世界を演出した巨大ホテル・スタジオシティを訪れ、ホテル内にある、世界初の8の字観覧車に大興奮。観覧車のゴンドラに乗り、久代アナウンサ―が「なぜ今回女優に?」と問うと、山口は「私は周りに合わせる性格だったので、“自分が無い”と思っていて。それがお芝居だと、誰かになりきったりその役になりきったりするから、それがすごく楽しくて」と、自分のコンプレックスが“女優になる”という決断を後押ししたことを明かす。
    Following that, the two of them will pay a visit to the enormous Hotel Studio City, in which the world of Hollywood is reenacted, with its sprawling out-of-the-ordinary atmosphere. Attracting their great interest will be the world's first 8-shaped panoramic wheel, situated inside the hotel. While riding inside the panoramic wheel's gondola, announcer Kushiro asks "Why an actress this time around?", which Yamaguchi follows up by saying "My personality had been one which tended to adapt itself to what surrounds me, so I feel as if there isn't a myself, so to speak. When it comes to stage plays, that means it's possible to fully become a certain person, to fully get into the role in other words, and as such it makes it extremely fun", revealing that it was her own complexes that encouraged her into making the decision of turning to acting.

ホテルを探検した後は、広東料理の3つ星レストランで豪華なディナーを堪能。今後どんな女優になりたいかと尋ねられた山口は、「今期待されている部分も大きいと思うし、いろんな意見があると思うので、自分に厳しく一つ一つのお仕事を頑張っていけたら」と、強い意気込みをあらわにした。
    After looking around inside the hotel, they then enjoy a premium dinner at a three-star restaurant serving Cantonese cuisine. Asked about what kind actress she'd want to become in the future, Yamaguchi reveals a strong sense of ambition: "I feel that the fact that right now there are expectations placed on me also holds great weight. There are various opinions surrounding it, I imagine, therefore I feel like wanting to engage onto every single one of my job opportunities all the while being severe on myself".

[​IMG] [​IMG]

---
    Source: https://mdpr.jp/news/detail/1870771

Last edited: Nov 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Ian905

Ian905 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mizushima Miyuu
    • Like Like x 4
  9. irontech

irontech Next Girls

Her Macao trip video has been uploaded.

if the video does not show watch the video here

Update notes
    The above video is only part 1. There is a part 2, but it'll be only aired on the 23rd.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  10. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    As told before, here's the 30-minute long special feature from today's episode of "Nonstop!". In case the above it's gone, a copy of it is also on Dailymotion:

Alternative link, just in case: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av67942204

Additional article on the show, not much more than what I already posted before...:
    山口真帆 アイドル卒業後、初のテレビ出演に反響 ファンから喜びの声
    Yamaguchi Maho, expressions of joy from fans in reaction to her first TV appearance since her idol graduation

[​IMG]

山口真帆が16日、情報番組『ノンストップ!』(フジテレビ系/月曜〜金曜9時50分)にて、NGT48を卒業して女優転身後、初となるテレビ出演を果たした。ネット上には、ファンから喜びのコメントが続々と寄せられた。
    On the 16th of this month, Yamaguchi Maho had what was her first television appearance, on the general news program "Nostop!" (Fuji TV network/airing from Monday to Friday since 9:50 AM). Many euphoric comments from fans were garnered over the Internet.

山口は同番組の企画で、フジテレビの久代萌美アナウンサーと中国・マカオを旅することに。カメラの前に山口が登場し、笑顔で「おはようございます!」と挨拶すると、SNSには「山口真帆さん、キター」「久々のまほほん!」といった声が上がった。
    In the special feature of this program, Yamaguchi happened to go on a trip to Macao, China together with Fuji TV announcer announcer Kushiro Moemi. As soon as Yamaguchi appeared in fron of the camera and smilingly greeted with a "Hello there!", voices across the social media went up saying "Yamaguchi Maho-san is here", "Long time no see, Mahohon!".

旅ロケに初挑戦することになった彼女は「旅番組みたいなロケは憧れでした」と明るい表情でコメント。久代アナから現在の心境を聞かれた山口は「新しいことに挑戦するのはすごくワクワクするし、もちろん難しいこととかたくさんあるんですけど、できないからこそやりがいがあるというか」と真剣に語った。
    Trying her hand for the first time in a traveling location show, she commented with a bright expressions "I always dreamed of participating in a traveling program kind of location coverage". Asked by announcer Kushiro about her mindset at present, Yamaguchi talked about it in an earnest way: "There's a feeling of great excitement about trying out something new. There are many difficult things, but it's exactly because one can't handle it which makes it worth the effort, I say"

ロケの中で久代アナから「なんで女優さんになろうと思われたんですか?」と質問された彼女は「私は周りに合わせる性格だったので、自分がないなと思っていて」と話すと「それが逆にお芝居だと誰かの役になりきったりするから、それがすごく楽しくて」と語った。
    While in the middle of the on-location reporting, after being asked "How come you felt inspired to become an actress?", she replies telling that "My personality had been one which tended to adapt itself to what surrounds me, so I feel as if there isn't a myself, so to speak", before continuing that "But on the flipside, when it comes to stage plays, that means it's possible to fully get into the role of a certain character, and as such it makes it extremely fun".

また久代アナから「どういう男性がお好きなんですか?」と尋ねられた山口は「仕事熱心な人がいいです」と一言。続けて「自分に厳しく頑張っている人がいいです」「年上がいいです。包容力のある方がいいなって」と理想の男性像を告白する一幕もあった。
    And again, once asked by announced Kushiro "What's a kind of man that you prefer?", Yamaguchi answers in one sentence: "Someone who is passionate about one's job would be great". Then, adding to it, "Someone who works hard while being self-critical would be also good.", "I'd like someone older than me, better if having a broad-minded sense", in what was a small segment of her confessing about her ideal image of a man.

---
    Source: https://www.crank-in.net/news/68897/1

---
    Looks like tomorrow Maho is also scheduled to make another solo appearance on Mezamashi TV instead, for an interview in conjunction with the photobook release.
    [​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/cx_mezamashi/status/1173558057420410880

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  11. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    A short clip taken from today's episode of Mezamashi TV.
    Interesting to note how NGT48 is avoided being mentioned by name, Maho is simply referred to as having graduated from an "idol group from Niigata" instead.
    Quoting the comment on Maho from the editor in chief of the fashion magazine "sweet" (Watanabe Kayoko), for which she did a photoshoot sometime before: "At the time of graduating from the group, all eyes were on what this girl was going to do afterwards. The fact she looks like she has a strong spirit is what I find extremely captivating".
    Other than that, to the question by the female interviewer on the likelihood Maho is going to go back singing and dancing again in the future, Maho's answer is "Zero".

Also another promotional interview from TimeLine News
    https://twitter.com/TimelineNews_tv/status/1173793698804457472

While at it, I decided also to translate in full one of the various full interviews that are being published around these days, this one coming from Asahi's Telling. My initial intention was actually to bring attention to the closing part of it, at first, but then I thought that I could as well bring the whole text out for anyone who wishes to read...
    ---

[​IMG]

Yamaguchi Maho-san: "I wish people to see this new me"

For now-actress Yamaguchi Maho-san (24), her first ever photobook "Present" has just gone on sale on September 17, 2019. As she spoke, in the photos taken in Hawaii, be it smiling faces, serious faces or any which other expressions, "it's as if it isn't myself". A slender body and clear-cut facial features are the dream of many women, but truth is that she has also many complexes of her own. In preparing for the photobook, she went through training and revised her diet regimen, eventually taking part in the photo shootings after gaining 5kg. We asked Yamaguchi-san, who just started taking steps towards her next objective, to tell about her story.

I could express "sexyness in a cool way", as I had never done before

- So, I heard that you had set on wanting to release a photobook of your own with the intention that you "wish people to see this new yourself". On which aspects in particular do you think this "new Yamaguchi Maho" is displayed?

Yamaguchi Maho (Yamaguchi, below): Until now, when it came to getting photos of myself taken, in many occasions it was about "looking directly at the camera with a smiling expression, while striking poses and gestures that are cutesy in a readily understandable way", but now I'm trying to venture also into a "sexyness but in a cool way". There are actually many shots inside that can also be enjoyed by women, with a clearly definited makeup and which are stylishly revealing, but still without vulgarity to it.

I have a personality that is shy of others, but during the period of the shootings I would go out with the staff to have lunch together, occasionally listening to everyone else's adult love talk, building up a relationship of trust in the process. This way, they also managed to capture in photos a natural image of me, as well as new expressions even I had never realized I could have.

- The fact that the shooting location happened to be Hawaii also helped toward this feeling of liberation, right?

Yamaguchi: Exactly, Hawaii makes me want to visit the place at least once a month (laugh) for its weather, its townscape, and of course for its delicious food, but anyway I get the feeling that the local people over there all seem to be happy and living their life freely, nobody ever is enraged at anything. It is only once I returned to Japan that I started to feel "Among the people in Tokyo there are so many who keep being pressed for time".

- While you are conducting your job in this kind of Tokyo, how do you set yourself aside some time for relaxing, then?

Yamaguchi: I'm the kind of person who tends to completely switch between an ON and OFF mode, so to speak. There are times when I would relieve my stress by having a talk with friends older than me, those who lavish me with affection, while on those times I need to recharge my energy much more, I instead would spend time all by myself at home with my mind free of thoughts. On those occasions I would stop for the time being any contact with my intimate friends, I don't even try picking up the smartphone. Catching sight of any insensitive comments and made-up gossip rumors inevitably causes me to sink in negative thoughts. Crying all alone in my room as time passed... there have been also such moments when this happened.
    I would take long baths inside of the bathtub to give a detox both to my body and to my heart, letting my soul be free while listening to music.

I adore Radwimps, myself, and their lyrics are being a salvation to me.

[​IMG]

Finally managing to lift 40kg barbell weights

- I got news that to ready yourself for the photobook, you proceeded to gain 5kg before going on with it. A slender body frame is what any woman aspires to have, so can you tell us the reason you were asked to have a "weight gain", if anything?

Yamaguchi: It was a period where, due to stress, I was prone to suffering from stomach pains even if I would normally eat food, and so I only ended up getting thinner. So, looking for an ideal, well-rounded body shape, I went on to revise my diet regimen and undergo muscular exercises as part of my personal training. Back at the beginning I had no muscles to speak of, to the point I couldn't do even one single pull-up, but in one month time I got to the point where I could lift even 40kg barbell weights.

- That's an impressive transformation!

Yamaguchi: You can always change things up as much you wish, depending on how much effort you put into it, that's what my thoughts were. After I started attending a personal training, whenever I looked at the mirror, I felt happy to see my own physique transforming a little amount at a time.

I now came to like my own body than I ever did before.

[​IMG]

- I reckon that many people hold some kind of complex or another about their own body. What if you could send out to them an encouragement?

Yamaguchi: I imagine everyone has a different definition of what's "ideal" to them. You are what you are, you can't just become another person altogether. Therefore, I find it important to deeply understand your own self, all the while you try making an approach toward the direction you want to be.

These days, over the Internet, things such as a "bone structure analysis", in which you can input your own personal body characteristics and it brings out a description of clothes that would look good on you and such, can be done pretty easily. So, first off know yourself, and only afterwards work on it, setting up for youself an objective, like "I want to try wearing these clothes, but would they look good on me?" or "I'd like to give others this impression of me" -- how about it for an idea?

- Revealing your forehead is also something you wouldn't have done before, that too was a big challenge for yourself. Even so, the impression given changed entirely from what was until now, and it was really cute.

Yamaguchi: Ever since I was still a child, I always had a hair style with bangs laying straight down, meaning that when the makeup stylist was about to pull up my bangs I could not hide my bewilderment as I went "Eeeh? Eeeh?". Even then, their hairdo styling proceeded on without any clemency... (laugh)

Even when I got to pose in front of the camera with my bangs all pulled up I felt uneasy, of course, I would have never imagined such a photo would have ever gone on to become the book cover. At first it was even to the point I felt reluctant about it, like "I don't want~!". But then again, I also felt a sense of relief once they then went on to immortalize my expression in a way telling "I also showed this face, myself".

Inside of the photobook there indeed are lots of versions of myself, with faces that nobody had ever known yet. To the point that, on the contrary, it's rather what I have been until now that leaves me wondering "Had I been impersonating someone who isn't actually myself all along?"

[​IMG]

There's also a time I straight up told in a love advice talk from older friend, "Isn't that time wasted like that?"

- With the photobook to start things off, Yamaguchi-san has now made a second start. Other than the job waiting from here on, are you envisioning also other turning points in your life, such as a marriage or having children?

Yamaguchi: Actually, out of the friends I have from where I am from, there are also many girls who turn out they have married, so occasionally I would find myself wondering "What if it were me...?".

It so happens that at times I would be requested for advices on love from an older friends of mine, on such times I tend to listen to their stories down to the details, and then answer in a serious manner. "Have you ever considered carefully about the visions of you two in the future? Is the partner a person who looks like is regarding you with care? What about his way of approaching the matter of job?", I would pester them with questions like that. (laugh)

And then, once these friends have a consultation with me saying "It's not a partner I would want to marry with, but I can't break up with him either", I would end up straight up telling "Isn't that time wasted like that?" (laugh)

As for myself personally, a quite important key characteristic to ask from one's partner is whether or not they are the kind of person to deal with their jobs in a diligent way. That's because I feel that a person who works on earnestly while being considerate of those surrounding themselves is a person worthy to put your trust on.

[​IMG]

- As you watch those people of generations older than yours saddled with such feelings of "uncertainty", what is something you feel?

Yamaguchi: I perceive that in Japan there exists a culture of male chauvinism over women, which is why in this condition women do necessarily need to carry on with their lives in a strong-headed way, I believe. There may be many moments in which you find yourself forced to adapt to those around you, sure -- but as I keep taking in outside input, if in a moderate way, I want to carry on ahead without forgetting to hold tightly onto what is myself.

Trying too hard to show a nice face of your own to everyone, going out of your way to bare your heart to anyone up to a fault... Can't you just do without doing any of this? That's the way I have come to think as of late. If it's about laying bare what is your true self to a dear friend, or someone else who understands yourself, that's fine enough, but on certain times it is also important to be capable of keeping a proper distance with various kinds of people and matters.

It's about defending yourself with your own means, neither exposing yourself too much, nor keeping your feelings suppressed too much either. This is the "picture of a strong woman" as I consider it. I feel determined to keep engaging with my job from here on too with this stance in mind.

---
    Source: https://telling.asahi.com/article/12718382

Last edited: Sep 15, 2023
    • Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. Valdore

Valdore Kenkyuusei

I'm glad it isn't really mentioned. It would feel like a perpetual black mark if people keep associating her with NGT48. "ex-NGT, formerly of NGT, etc". How can she really move on if everyone reminds her of the past?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    "shitty group from Niigata"

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Valdore

Valdore Kenkyuusei

• Like Like x 2
  15. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    "Maho Yamaguchi (24), an actress who graduated from NGT48, recently held an event to commemorate the release of her first photo book “present” at the Kinokuniya Shinjuku store in Tokyo.

It ’s been four months since the group ’s graduation performance in May this year. Yamaguchi, dressed in a white dress, was greeted with applause by 50 people with platinum tickets, and asked, "How many people do you see for the first time?" Most of the spectators raised their hands and said, “Yamaguchi is like this. Nice to meet you. Nice to meet you.”

The event was held on the 17th, and it was my 24th birthday. I changed my mind on my birthday and took a new path.

“I think I've been worried a lot, but I was able to release a photo book in this way. There was something that seemed to happen, but I can do my best because there is everyone, and everyone's existence is the driving force of my day, so I celebrated on my birthday and I gave a photo book to everyone I think I was able to feel my present through this photo book. ”

Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 8.20.35 PM.png

https://hochi.news/articles/20190918-OHT1T50050.html

Another article with more pics:

Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 8.26.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 8.26.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 8.26.37 PM.png

https://www.crank-in.net/news/68940/1

P.S. Both articles mention that her book is #1 among photo books at Amazon.

Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 8.32.43 PM.png

Update: ModelPress

"Next, Yamaguchi, who is not good at swimming and can not swim, has the same expression as the episode that `` looks like jumping and floating '' when shooting in the pool, and the product you have in the supermarket In the episode, there was an act of laughter from the audience.

In addition, the making video of the photo collection was screened, the first cut was a discussion with the staff and the shooting was challenged, the swimming scene in the pool where he said he was not able to swim, and after shooting at the supermarket, I looked back at the shooting while looking at the making video of shopping and shooting in the cold sea.

Another question from the audience, “Where would you like to take the second photo book?”, “I want to go to Europe. I want to shoot in a stylish city like Paris.” Yamaguchi confided the idea.

https://mdpr.jp/news/detail/1872830

Also Oricon
    https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2144485/full/

[I know it is all googleese, but you should get the main idea]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Shinichi46

Shinichi46 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    wakatsukiyumi
    As I am waiting for my copy of "present" I wanted to contribute at least something to show my gratitude towards Mahohon and her comrades/fans.

PS: <3 Happy Birthday! <3 Mahohon! <3

Setlist:
    190518 MahoRikoRena - a VTR raw
    190518 A to Z 2016 - Yamaguchi Maho
    190518 A to Z 2016 - Hasegawa Rena
    190518 Riko - Mushi no Ballad Live
    190518 Mahohon - Kuroi Hitsuji Live
    190518 MahoRikoRena - Letter Part 1
    190518 MahoRikoRena - Taiyo wa Nando Demo Live
    190518 MahoRikoRena - Letter Part 2
    190518 MahoRikoRena - Sakura no Hanabiratachi Live

Excuse the translation quality of short MC parts...
    Credits to their respective owners.
    Many thanks to @Cisalpine88 for translating these letters/speeches!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ei03nqpmepf1vg/190518 MahoRikoRena - Graduation Performance.mp4?dl=0

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    A video interview.

• Like Like x 4
  18. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Sorry if I missed it but how much did her pb sell on the first day?

19. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    And a photo book promo video

• Like Like x 2
  20. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Oricon sales aren't announced until the end of the week when it comes to photobooks iirc.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1