1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yamaguchi Maho (Mahohon) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NGT48 Graduated Members' started by nobodywil, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Dokuro3313

Dokuro3313 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Onishi Momoka, Kojiharu
    First of all I wanted agree that my post was inappropriate,
    Second of all there are different people with different opinions on Yamaguchi Maho, when a person likes her I personally don't understand the reason, but that's okay.
    I will endeavor in the future to stop expressing myself badly about members and stop judging that much.
    Third of all, there were people on the Tano Ayaka thread, who called her a witch, it makes me as a person who likes Tano Ayaka and dislikes Yamaguchi Maho feel unconfortable to read such a stuff. So the idea was to turn the table, but it kind of failed.

Best luck for Yamaguchi Maho in future, even if she prepared some circumstances to the group generally.

• Dislike Dislike x 9
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Call me crazy but maybe people who are antis of an assault victim and stan someone who helped create the situation in which the victim was assaulted, should feel uncomfortable.
    Anything negative that happened to the group was because of how management mishandled every single thing about the situation. Maho just spoke her truth.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    I believe the Golden Rule is treat others as you would be treated, not how you have been treated. (At least, that's the positive version of it.)

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. TheHitch

TheHitch Kenkyuusei

They called Tano a witch? What have witches ever done to anyone?

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    As I have published it already elsewhere, here's me relating the good news also here as it's due, if with a little bit of delay. Cheers!
    ---

Yamaguchi Maho: First regular appearance in a drama serial - Taking on the role of the workplace colleague of Wakatsuki Yumi’s character in “Kekkon dekinai ni wa Wake ga aru”

[​IMG]

News has come in on April 7 that Yamaguchi Maho, former member of the idol group NGT48 and now actress, will be appearing in the TV drama serial “Kekkon dekinai ni wa Wake ga aru [There is a reason why we cannot get married]” (ABC - Every Sunday at 11:55 PM), featuring Hayami Mokomichi in the lead role, which will start on April 18. For Yamaguchi-san, this is going to be her first time making a regular acting appearance in a TV drama serial. “The original work this is from is very intriguing, in fact this was one which I ended up devouring through at an eager pace. I’m so happy to have received a proposal for it. What with this being my first regular acting appearance, there’s also some tension I have to it, but I’ll be working my hardest on it with all of my spirit.”, she told about her personal outlook.

The drama has for its basis work the digital comic going by the same title (Solmare Editor), authored by Murasaki-san and which has already broken past the mark of over 23,000,000 downloads. Depicted in it is the bizarre triangle relationship between Tomizawa Mitsuo (Hayami-san), in love with his doll, Goto Mariko (Wakatsuki Yumi-san), who intends to get married in 100 days from there, and the unsettling doll “Michuko” itself. Yamaguchi-san is going to play as Takada Yoshie, a workplace colleague of Mariko and herself already married.

In addition to the above, it has also been announced that Furukawa Tsuyoshi-san of the popular group “SUPER☆DRAGON” will make an acting appearance in the role of Mitsuo’s junior coworker Inoue Kenta; Igashira Manami-san in the role of Tanimura Tetsuko, who similarly to Mitsuo also maintains some “demanding hobby interests”; Yoshida Shiori-san in the role of Mariko’s workplace colleague Shizuka; Akiyama Yuzuki-san in the role of Satsuki; Narumi Juria-san from “Yume Miru Adolescence” in the role of Kenta’s fiancee Ichinose Koharu-san; Dandy Sakano-san in the role of the company’s subsection manager; as well as Takada Shoko-san in the role of Tetsuko’s mother.

---
    Source: https://web.archive.org/web/2021040...-web.jp/article/20210406dog00m200054000c.html

---​

Main promo images released for the drama “Kekkon dekinai ni wa Wake ga aru”, featuring Wakatsuki Yumi’s acting performance! 8 people confirmed for the supplemental cast, among which Yamaguchi Maho, and YumeAdo’s Narumi Juria

[​IMG]

The main promotional material has been publicly released for the drama “Kekkon dekinai ni wa Wake ga aru”, in which Wakatsuki Yumi will be acting. Moreover, regarding the supplemental cast, the acting appearances of Yamaguchi Maho and Yume Miru Adolescence’s Narumi Juria have also been confirmed.

The main promotional picture unveiled today has the leading protagonist Hayami Mokomichi, Wakatsuki Yumi, and the doll Michuko all giving one impactful final effect to the composition.

Moreover, the central actors cast, who will be bringing in even more animation into the story, has also been announced.

The role of Inoue Kenta, a junior coworker of the protagonist Tomizawa Mitsuo (Hayami Mokomichi), is going to be handled by SUPER★DRAGON’s Furukawa Tsuyoshi.

Moreover, the part of Tanimura Tetsuko, who maintains some “demanding hobby interests” in the same manner as Tetsuko, will be played by Igashira Manami; while the part of Tetsuko’s mother will have Takada Shoko at it.

In addition, as for Mariko’s own group of three, same-age friends, Yamaguchi Maho has been confirmed for Yoshie’s role, Yoshida Shiori for the role of Shizuka, and Akiyama Yuzuki for the role of Satuki.

On top of that, working in the part of Kenta’s own fiancee Ichinose Koharu -- in what is an original character spot made for the drama -- will be Yume Miru Adolescence’s Narumi Jurina, while for the company’s subsection manager it will be Dandy Sakano.

Interview with the performing actors

Yamaguchi Maho (in the role of Takada Yoshie)

-- Can you please tell us about what your honest feelings were, at the time when your acting appearance in the drama “Kekkon dekinai ni wa Wake ga aru” was decided?

Yamaguchi:
    The original work this is from is very intriguing, in fact this was one which I ended up devouring through at an eager pace. So, I’m so happy to have received a proposal for it. What with this being my first regular acting appearance, there’s also some tension I have to it, but I’ll be working my hardest on it with all of my spirit.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

-- What are the appealing aspects of Takada Yoshie, who you will be acting as this time, and what kind of character role does she hold?

Yamaguchi:
    Yoshie has herself already got married, and she is one of the workplace colleagues who are giving their support to Mariko, who instead desires to get married eventually. Though, as it is also in some certain scenes where they would have a lunch all together, there’s actually something that still gets you wondering “How is it possible that Yoshie managed to get married, when Mariko hasn’t yet?”, about the whole way the meal in there is like, and so on. (laugh) She is chill and a little straight-from-the-shoulder, but at the same time she has a very humane spirit too, as such she is the kind of figure that would feel reassuring if you ever have one as your own friend.

-- Can you please send out a message and your personal wishes to the future viewers?

Yamaguchi:
    I’m confident that the “reason” in “There is a reason why we cannot get married” will turn out to be something that will go beyond anyone’s possible guesses. All the same, this series will be one that, in some part or another, will get you wanting to root on for the characters; and that will make you curious about what’s next and wonder “How are things gonna turn out like, now after that!?”. So, please, don’t hesitate to come watch it.

---
    Source: https://popnroll.tv/articles/16165

Last edited: May 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Does that mean she wasn't a regular on the drama '白でも黒でもない世界で、パンダは笑う' ?

8. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    In ShiroKuroPanda that was a central character for one episode's story, not the whole series.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Thanks, I was mostly confused by the article calling it her first drama in a way but I get it now ^^

10. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    The trailer for “Chocolat no Mahou” has just been released:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 5
  11. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'm actually surprised they used 'Former NGT48' in the trailer. I would have assumed they'd want Maho and NGT48 separated from now on.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Yamaguchi Maho: “I’ve been careful not to betray the original image of it”. A sense of “pressure” about her first ever acting performance and leading role on the big screen < Interview >

[​IMG]

The movie “Chocolat no Mahou”, in which ex-NGT48 and now actress Yamaguchi Maho will be working in the leading role in what will also be her first ever acting appearance on the big screen, is going to be released on this June 18 (Friday).

The work in question is a fantasy horror authored by Mizuho Rino, issued at irregular intervals on the young girls comic magazine “Ciao” (Shogakukan) breaking past the mark of 1,000,000 copies sold in total across the entire series, and which over the course of 10 years has been receiving much loving appreciation from the public as a manga aimed at young girls, with it also receiving an anime adaptation among other things. A witch that can prepare mysterious chocolate candies with the ability to make any wish come true just by eating them, Aikawa Chocolat would fulfill those wishes while taking back in exchange what is the “the dearest thing” that the person who ate it has.

On this occasion, we had a direct interview with Yamaguchi, who, as she confessed, had too been a reader of “Ciao” during her elementary school days. Here, she talked to us about her feelings regarding her first ever movie appearance, some personal episode of hers revolving on chocolate, and much else.

I felt unsure whether I could personally bring out such cuteness (laugh)

-- What were your inner feelings like, at the time your acting appearance was decided?

Well, naturally, there was a feeling of pressure about it. With there being many fans of the original work, and it going to be adapted into a live action movie, there was also this resolve on my part, to be careful not to betray the original image of it.

-- It looks like that Yamaguchi-san too had been an affectionate reader of “Ciao”, isn’t it?

The first manga I have ever read in my life was on “Ciao”, in fact. Back in my days, “Kirarin ☆ Revolution”, “Mirmo de Pon!”, and many others, were being published there serially, so I have memories of growing up while looking at those.

At the time, “Chocolat no Mahou” still hadn’t begun its serialization, so it is actually only after plans for this movie were set, that I took the opportunity to have a look at it. While at it, looking at the pictures drawn by Mizuho-sensei in the original work, I couldn’t help thinking how extremely cute her artistic touch was in the illustrations. But since this ended up growing on me very much, as an opposite effect I ended up feeling unsure whether I could personally bring out that same level of cuteness, myself. (laugh)

[​IMG]

Costumes faithfully replicating those of the original work

-- Regarding the costumes, they were made to replicate in a faithful way those from the original work, I see...

They really are exactly as they are found in the original series, indeed. The cake[-shaped hat] I am wearing on the top of my head turned out to be something really carefully crafted, so much so that I have to wonder if it would look like an actual one, when seeing it on moving picture… But all the same, it also had its fair share of weight, so I had to make sure that it wouldn’t be tilting too much on the side while at it -- and also for the wig itself, until now I had never worn a long-haired one, so I needed to pay attention so that my head wouldn't hurt from the whole heaviness of that.

-- I have heard that you have also been paying attention also about your dietary style.

The costume was tailor-made and all, and since at the time of the try-on fitting it matched just exactly what were my own size measurements, I couldn’t help wondering if I wouldn’t have been able to get inside of it in case I ended up gaining even a little extra weight afterwards, so I had been constantly attentive about that. But as a result of me keeping on with this habit, when today I came back to wearing it again after so long, it rather feels like that the skirt is now too loose around the waist, instead...

-- Is there anything that you had been conscious about, when getting into the character’s role?

Being this a slightly mysterious character role with no human warmth to it, I tried to avoid putting on much expressivity, by speaking in a lower tone than I normally would. And even when at home, I kept practicing on it by doing recitation on my own.

Other than that, since laughing too much, and such things, would be at odds with the supposed image of Chocolat, I worked to act in a detached and unfazed manner even on those parts where, in normal circumstances, one would instead tend to express an emotive reaction. I am the type of person who tends to immediately end up laughing, myself, so it would have really been the end if there had been someone among the co-performing actors who would’ve gotten me to... (laugh)

-- Are there any aspects in which she resembles yourself?

The fact we love chocolate and that we know how to prepare it, and also the fact that we tend to get down and consider matters from a variety of factors. Chocolat would give to each person who has some personal plights exactly what they request, and she would let that person realize what is it that they actually lack in within themselves, with it. So I too, when I have a friend of mine come have a talk with me about their personal worries, would tell them in a forthright way what it is that actually needs improvement, and I would work on thinking up a solution to the impasse. I have got to wonder, therefore, if we aren’t both the same, in that way…

[​IMG]

If I could have a wish come true, “I’d like to have a dog as a pet”

-- What was the atmosphere like, over at the shooting location?

Everyone looked like they were feeling pretty cold. In the scenes at Chocolat Noir, they had actual chocolate candies in there, so to prevent them from melting, they avoided turning on the heating, with the result that it felt rather cold in there. But anyway, once the shootings were over, when I got to take the chocolate that was actually placed there as set decorations and ate it, they tasted extremely good. They were something fantastic, both in appearance and in substance.

-- Inside of the story plot, one can have one’s wishes come true simply by eating a chocolate candy, but what wish would Yamaguchi-san like to see come true, instead?

I’d like to have a dog as a pet. A Shiba Inu, or a Pomeranian, or maybe a Toy Poodle… I really adore dogs, but unfortunately the one dog that we used to own as a pet over at my family’s home had departed away to heaven without me ever having any chance to meet it, and for this reason I am left yearning to find a dog I could be together with… It’s to the point that, on even more than one occasion during the month, I find myself uttering “How much I’d like to have a dog as a pet” out loud!

-- By the way, when your wish is fulfilled there is a trade-off to pay for it. What is it that you would give away?

Eeeh… Being no longer able to eat chocolate would be pretty much impossible so, since they are long, I guess that I would offer my hair instead. (laugh) Sure enough, I’d imagine that dog’s hair too does tend to fall off in great quantities and all, so I gotta wonder if maybe I could get my own hair reduced to just about the level of a short bob cut, then…?

-- Is there anything that you would love to do in the future?

Recently, I have been doing a lot of research about colors. Turns out that for each person, there exists a certain thing called “personal colors”, which suit that specific individual -- this way, that also helps you to present yourself in a better manner by wearing on yourself items that thus suit you, and also gives you a cue on how to look for them, too… I too, on my part, have taken a personal color test before, and there have been situations where I could feel as though my life has changed and turned for the better as a result, indeed. So, for this reason, I would be happy if I too could develop myself a special eye for colors, and be of help in providing items that would look well-suited for people of various kinds.

-- Lastly, can you please leave a message to our readers?

The movie “Chocolat no Mahou” is an entertainment production that will be faithfully recreating the very same world atmosphere of the manga. This is a movie which sees the protagonist Chocolat working to make the various characters in the story realize what is it that they are actually lacking in, and with this, one can also get to look at matters from various different perspectives this way. I feel that this is a movie that will give an opportunity to take on a new awareness on things, so come watch it at the cinema, if you please.

---
    Source, and for an additional photo gallery: https://thetv.jp/news/detail/1029463/

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  13. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Maho talking at the studio where she recorded the theme music for “Chocolat no Mahou”:

The video includes a new trailer for the movie.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Former "NGT48" Maho Yamaguchi's first movie starring "The Magic of Chocolate" (directed by Tomonobu Moriwaki, released on June 18) is a collaboration between the 5-member unit "mzsrz" and Yamaguchi. It was revealed on May 20 that the song "Unbalanced feat. Maho Yamaguchi" was decided. The movie trailer has also been released. The theme song "Unbalance feat. Maho Yamaguchi" has also attracted attention for providing the song "Mosaik Role" for "Hey! Say! JUMP" and writing the lyrics for Ado's latest song "Dance".

The trailer portion of the video above.

Interview in print

――What was your impression when you heard the song?

When I first saw the lyrics, I was surprised a lot, I thought it was a song that matched the world view of the movie, and there were many points that I could sympathize with.

When I listen to this song, I think that there are many things that many people may be disappointed with, things that they dislike, and things that they want to escape from, but I thought I couldn't do my best. Sometimes, I think it's a song that gives me the courage to say that I don't have to work hard, and that it's a song that is close to me.

I want a lot of people to listen to this song, and since this version I sang can only be heard at the cinema, I definitely want a lot of people to listen to it at the cinema.

--Did you have a hard time recording?

DECO * 27 is a lot of other producers, and I listened to it a lot. It was hard to raise and lower the keys, the rhythm was very fast, and I thought it would be impossible for ordinary people to sing, but I worked hard with everyone.

――What was the particular part of the recording?

Since the lyrics match the world view of the movie, I tried to sing while thinking of the movie scene, and I also sang in light of my emotions to see if there was any overlap with me.

There is a lyrics that says, "If you want only what you want, it's important to lose it", but this is also a match in the part of the movie scene, so I hope you can check it in the movie.

10302319.jpg

https://thetv.jp/news/detail/1033540/

Last edited: May 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Yamaguchi Maho, first song recording in 2 years and a half. Collaboration with mzsrz for the theme song of her main-starring movie “Chocolat no Mahou”

[​IMG]

It has just been revealed that former NGT48 member Yamaguchi Maho is going to be singing the theme song for the movie “Chocolat no Mahou” (out on June 18), in which she herself is working in the leading role. For Yamaguchi, this has been her first music recording after about two years and a half.

The main song is titled “Unbalance feat. Yamaguchi Maho”, in what is going to be a collaboration track with the 5-member group of teenage vocalists mzsrz (“mizushirazu”). This had been composed specifically for today’s movie by Vocaloid producer “Deco*27” (read: DecoNiina), who has already called on much buzz to himself also for having provided the music for Hey! Say! JUMP’s “Mosaic Roll” and for having worked on the lyrics of Ado’s latest song “Odori”.

Initially, it was planned for just mzsrz (mizushirazu) to be singing in it. However, since the lyrics of the song itself also went hand in hand with one of the themes that are intended to be conveyed through the movie and the character role played by Yamaguchi herself in the story, that is the «Balancing between “wishes” and “reality”», this led to Yamaguchi also swiftly joining in into the song recording process at the end of April. While the idea at first was for her to exclusively sing the refrain segments, because the voices of Yamaguchi and mzsrz (mizushirazu) fit together in a way much better than it had been prefigured, she eventually came to sing also in other additional parts of the song as well.

Regarding the music created by Deco*27, Yamaguchi told “Between the fluctuations in the keys, and the rhythm of it being fast, I thought it would have been out of my capabilities for me to personally sing in it, but with everyone else in here also providing to me their cooperation, even though it had been a hard task to do nonetheless, I went on to work hard on it”, reminiscing back her first song recording session after quite a long time.

Upon reading the song’s lyrics “There actually were plenty of parts of it which simply left me awestruck, and it also fits in so well with the world atmosphere of the movie. Even speaking about me personally, I could really emotionally empathize with it”, she told before adding “This is a kind of song which, whenever there would be anything that makes you almost lose heart at it, anything that feels unpleasant, when you just want to leave everything and run away, when you believe that you are at the end of your rope -- when listening to it on any of those times, it would feel like it’s standing emotionally close by your side, reassuring that you can do it even without pushing yourself impossibly hard”, in emphasizing the good qualities of the song.

Moreover, sending out an invitation to the public, she told “The version in which I have sung can be listened to only at the cinemas, so for this reason I’d love for as many people as possible to get to do it while over there”.

This production is a live action adaptation of a popular work which saw serialization over approximately 10 years inside of Shogakukan’s young girls comic magazine “Ciao”. A fantasy horror, this has for its main protagonist a chocolatier, Aikawa Chocolat (Yamaguchi), who can prepare mysterious chocolate candies that would make any wish come true just by eating them. With Yamaguchi in the role of the witch Chocolat, and Okada Yui in the role of a female high school student who’s working on solving a mystery-filled case, also making their acting appearance inside it will be Sakurada Hiyori, Nakajima Ken, Tsuna Keito, Hata Mei, Mori Kisho, Ueno Rinko, Kawaguchi Aoi, Yoshida Akari, Miura Maya, Hamada Yoshihiko, and Azuma Takahiro.

---
    Source: https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2193962/full/

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    sscrla already beat me to posting the other article, but I hope he doesn't mind if I quickly get out also the one I have written for completion, which anyway includes the whole article. GoogleTrans's magical neural networks still get some strange results sometimes.
    ---

Yamaguchi Maho participates in a track recording for the first time in about 2 years and a half. “A song standing emotionally close by your side”

[​IMG]

It has been officially confirmed that the theme song for the movie “Chocolat no Mahou” (out on June 18, Friday), in which ex-NGT48 Yamaguchi Maho will be working in her absolute first protagonist role, will be “Inbalance feat. Yamaguchi Maho”, a tie-up collaboration track with mzsrz (mizushirazu). With it, shots from the recording session of the song have been unveiled as well.

The movie “Chocolat no Mahou” is a popular work which had been receiving loving appreciation from the public for about 10 years already, originally published inside of the magazine “Ciao” (Shogakukan) and breaking past the mark of 1,000,000 copies in total across the whole series. The story is a fantasy horror which has for its main protagonist Aikawa Chocolat (Yamaguchi Maho), a chocolatier who prepares mysterious chocolate candies that can make any wish come true simply by eating them.

“Unbalance feat. Yamaguchi Maho” is a song composed by Vocaloid producer Deco*27, who had previously provided the music for Hey! Say! JUMP’s “Mosaic Roll”, and worked on the lyrics for Ado’s latest song “Odori”.

While initially it was planned for just mzsrz (mizushirazu) to be singing in it, since the lyrics of the song itself went hand in hand with one of the themes intended to be conveyed through the movie and the character role played by Yamaguchi herself in the story -- the «Balancing between “wishes” and “reality”» -- at the end of April she quickly went on to perform this track recording as a result.

Yamaguchi, for which this had been her first track recording in about two years and a half, was planned at first to take part in the singing of just the refrain segments, strictly in the form of a special guest-singing. Yet, in spite of that, after demonstrating a remarkable compatibility with mzsrz (mizushirazu)’s own voices, she eventually came to sing in other additional parts of it too.

Yamaguchi Maho’s comment

-- What was your impression at the time when you got to listen to the track?

When I looked at the song’s lyrics for the first time, there were actually plenty of parts of it which simply left me awestruck, and I couldn’t help feeling how this was a song fitting so well also with the world atmosphere of the movie. Even speaking about me personally, there were many points inside which I could really emotionally empathize with.

And by listening to this song... Well, I must imagine that for many people, there are many things that make them almost lose their heart at it, that feel unpleasant, and that would make them want to just leave everything and run away -- and so I am convinced that, on those times whenever one feels they are at the end of one’s rope, this would be one song that may reassure them that you can do it even without pushing yourself impossibly hard, that may give them courage, in a way, that would be standing emotionally close by their side.

I’d wish for as many people as possible to have a listen to this song. This version which I have sung can be listened to only at the cinemas, so for this reason I’d hope for many people to go ahead, and get to listen to it while over there.

-- What is something you struggled hard to accomplish during the recording session?

Deco*27-san is someone who has been employed also in the production of many other various works, and so I too have listened to lots of those on my part. Between the parts with the keys fluctuating high and low, and the rhythm being extremely fast, I felt like that it would have probably been beyond my capabilities, for a plain ordinary person to sing that. It had been a hard task to do, but with me and everyone else putting our efforts together, I went on to work hard on it.

-- What are some aspects you paid special attention to during the recording process?

Given how the song’s lyrics fit in with the world atmosphere of the movie, I tried to sing it while at the same time recalling into my mind certain scenes from the movie, as well as by comparing it all with my own personal sentiments, seeing if there couldn’t be any points which are in common with myself.

There’s a line in the lyrics which goes “If you desire for only the things you crave for, what you’ll lose is only that which you cherish”. Even that too, it is a part which matches up with some certain elements present in the scenes within the movie, and with that, I hope people will come and find that out for themselves through the movie itself, too.

-- Can you please tell us about the movie’s must-see points?

This one is going to be a horror fantasy piece in which Chocolat, the chocolatier who can prepare magical chocolate candies granting any wishes whom I play as, will be at the origin of a mystery unfolding inside of one certain school. There’ll be suspenseful scenes, as there’ll be touching scenes -- I believe that this will be an entertainment work which people of various, different generations may all enjoy, so please, take the opportunity to come watch it at cinemas, then.

---
    Source: https://thetv.jp/news/detail/1033540/

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  17. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I can see how Maho's vocals could suit a vocaloid-ish song, she has a pretty high-pitched voice. I always liked her vocals on Inori wa Donna Mirai mo Shiawase ni Kaeru, I wonder if she still displays her gentle lisp.

• Like Like x 1
  18. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane

• Like Like x 1
  19. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Little translation of today's Josei Jishin's interview. Little to do with the movie than the others, more of a light little piece about trivie from Maho's life. Cheers.
    ---

“Ending up ...as a homeless girl” Yamaguchi Maho’s unexpected mishap at the time of moving up to Tokyo, recounted by her

[​IMG]

“When my protagonist acting appearance was officially confirmed, I felt very happy. However, my anxiety about it was also great. On top of that, there’s also the fact that the character role is not that of a human being, but that of a witch. And having to act in a way showing through as little expressivity as possible, in order to give off a mystical aura to it, was pretty hard to pull off. And also, ah yes... for what it regards the character preparation, I have personally made a trip also to some specialized chocolate stores, back in the past… (laugh)”

The one speaking as above is actress Yamaguchi Maho (25). Coming out on next June 18, she works in the lead acting role for the movie “Chocolat no Mahou”.

Aikawa Chocolat, the character she is playing in, is a chocolatier who would prepare mysterious chocolate candies said to make wishes come true just by eating them. On the other hand, she is also a witch who, as it goes, expects to “take away with herself what is the most precious thing” that one certain person has, as a price to be paid by the person who ate the chocolate. Following that, a female high school student at the Seiran School, Iida Nao, played by Okada Yui (21), sets out to look into the mystery behind these chocolates, when she too finds herself caught up by personal desires, ones with very dark implications… The work in question is the live action version of the celebrated dark fantasy manga which had been published in the popular magazine “Ciao”, breaking past a total of 1,000,000 copies across the whole series.

In the movie, Yamaguchi is clad in a gothic lolita fashion dress tightly cinching her waist. She didn’t work strenuously only on the character preparation for that, but, as it looks like, also on the physical preparation.

“The costume was precisely fit in size, in the true sense of the word! (laugh) To the point I have the impression that, if I would get even half a millimeter bigger at the waist, it would go “pop!” and come apart at the seams… I was careful to check that my calorie intake wouldn’t be more than the level of calories burned on average in a day, so I ate vegetables and chicken meat, and from that point on, I also took to eating boiled eggs on a regular basis too. Even for the bento at the shooting location, I just ate it until I felt just a little bit more than half full. So, all in all, I tried my hardest to resist and carry on throughout it.“

■ A telephone call came in, “Turns out you can’t go live in the new home anymore”

“One thing that makes this job charming is how ‘you have the possibility to transform into someone else other than yourself’. So, I hope to be able to confront myself with what my parts would be, treasuring every single opportunity coming at me”, so says Yamaguchi, with her inner actress spirit kindling up. It was right on May 2019 that, after having graduated from NGT48, it was announced she had signed up to her current agency Ken-On.

“There had been an enormous public reaction to that at the time, but anyway, did you have any chance to perceive such situation firsthand?”, the interviewer asked, to which Yamaguchi let out a bashful smile. She followed up by saying, “...I didn’t really have the leisure for that back then, myself (laugh)”, before going on to reveal as follows.

“Back at the time, you know, I had all the baggages already being loaded on the truck of the moving company, and the preparations were all ready and complete, enough to say «Time to move over!» and go. …But! Just some moments shortly after that, while at it, there then came a telephone call from a person at my agency. «Turns out you can’t go live in the new house anymore», they said... (laugh)

So… over there, the tenant owner was some foreign person, and the house in question was one in which bringing pets was permitted. But fact is that I don’t have any pets myself, however. With things being like that, it turns out that the owner had apparently ended up giving precedence to another applicant, one who was native of their same country, and who instead kept a pet with themselves, as a result. So at this point I ended up in a “homeless girl” sort of situation. (laugh) As such, back at the time I had just moved up to Tokyo, I had been living over at some hotel instead, while in the meantime I was all busy searching for another apartment.”

■ Her old days in Aomori had been just like in “the world of Princess Mononoke”

Her daily life over in Tokyo got off with a pretty unexpected mishap, but now, in a short while, she’ll be stepping into her third year there. As a native of the Aomori prefecture, Yamaguchi tells us “I still have a long way to get accustomed to it”.

“The place I grew up at was one where foxes and boars would show up while you are just taking your dog out for a walk, and at the time of returning back from school we used to receive warning announcements informing «There has been some monkeys showing up recently, so please be careful» -- that was the level of it... Seriously, it was a world that felt like straight out of Princess Mononoke. (laugh) Even for the trains, there would be only one coming every hour, and on top of that there is only one railway line passing through. On the other hand, when in Tokyo I always end up taking the wrong train anyway, even by consulting the app...”

Adding to that, she also told “I’m making it a point not to go to Shibuya if not for work reasons!”, to which she continued:

“The first time I ever took a trip to Shibuya, it was together with some other friend of mine also from Aomori. Still, the place was so overcrowded with people, that I was left startled! «Is there some kind of festival celebrations going on?», I wondered to myself. «How about we try asking someone if there’s anything going on?» «I feel they won’t give us attention even if we do», we discussed among ourselves, and I still remember that part. Thinking of it now in hindsight, we should be feeling glad that in the end we didn’t accost anyone to ask. (laugh) Also, even switching from one train to the other is a feat, and there’s a lot of ticket barriers to pass at the stations. It’s always tiring to get over there, no matter the time, basically.”

Over in Tokyo, Yamaguchi went on to make a new step forward. As an actress, and as a woman as well, she is currently making progresses.

“Personally, what I would like to become is ‘a woman who would be accepting and open-minded towards people of all kinds‘. With that I mean, rather than letting myself be restrained to only one single line of thought, I want to go on finding out new things day by day, and learn that «Oh, so there also is this other way of thinking too!». In this profession, you get to make many acquaintances with new realities, so I’d have to imagine that this also goes in perfectly with this objective I’ve set. But all the same, being the true-born Tohoku person that I am, that would be while taking on things at my own pace. «I promise I’ll get down to working on it from now after, alright~», in that sense. (laugh)”

---
    Source: https://jisin.jp/entertainment/interview/1982884/

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Two-part interview with Maho from today's EntameNext. Second part will be published in another post for ease of reading.
    Enjoy.
    ---

Yamaguchi Maho, in her first main-starring movie “Chocolat no Mahou”. “I went about acting in it as if being a doll, free of any human-like dimension”

[​IMG]

Yamaguchi Maho has achieved her first main protagonist acting on the big screen with the fantasy horror movie “Chocolat no Mahou”, to be out on June 18. The original work at its basis is the popular young girls manga going by the same title, created by Mizuho Rino. How did Yamaguchi go about playing in the role of Chocolat, who in exchange for realizing people’s wishes with her chocolates, would then take away from them what is that person’s most cherished thing? What she felt while at the set stage, the movie’s own highlights, as well as her inner emotions at present -- here she talked with us about any of that. (First half of the two-part article)

-- What were your feelings like, at the time when you first received talks for the main acting role in the movie “Chocolat no Mahou”?

Yamaguchi: At the beginning there was a mixture of surprise and apprehension. The Chocolat depicted by Mizuho Rino-sensei is so extremely cute, so I inevitably found myself wondering if I could be able to portray her in the flesh after all. At the same time, given that I had been reading “Ciao” (the young girls comic magazine on which it had been published serially) since when I was an elementary school student, being picked for the role of Chocolat was also a honor to me, and I was very happy for that.

-- Reading the original work, what was the impression you got of Chocolat, who you are playing as?

Yamaguchi: I found her to be an extremely strong-spirited girl. Chocolat lives on her life by herself after having lost both of her parents, and there have been many harsh things that she herself had gone through while she went on to become a chocolatier. Even about the chocolate candies that Chocolat would hand over to make someone’s wishes come true, this is another detail to it which has me going “Aah, so that one is what chocolate she picked and handed over to them“ and makes even me, now that I have already turned into an adult, feel amazed at it. The way I feel it, she is someone who, through her own chocolates, would try and give people many insights for them to realize what is still immature about themselves, what their vices are, and that strikes me with admiration.

-- Are there any traits in which Yamaguchi-san resembles Chocolat?

Yamaguchi: There’s the fact that we both love chocolate. (laugh) Since I suffer from a low blood pressure, myself, in order to ease that off, I would always go on to eat some chocolate every day in the morning. And while I can’t cast magic myself, I know how to make chocolate candies at least. (laugh) Besides that, Chocolat is someone who would point out to other people what is it that they are doing wrong, about themselves, and since I too, when it comes to my friends, I have taken to speaking out fair and squarely to them how something is wrong when it is, I would imagine we perhaps both resemble in that aspect after all...

-- Is there anything you worked on in terms of role preparation, upon getting to play in such a character as Chocolat?

Yamaguchi: Before proceeding with the shootings, I had been reading out the script together with director Moriwaki, and then we compared and contrasted the mental image of Chocolat that I and he had respectively. In the end, it turned out there was a little darker touch to her than the kind of Chocolat I had in mind. Chocolat bears herself in a dignified, stately manner. As such, I too paid attention to talk while keeping also my voice tone low, making sure never to speak too rapidly either. Also, aiming to carefully maintain the original world atmosphere of the manga, I was instructed by the director “It would be better off if it there wouldn’t be any human-like feel to it”, therefore in those scenes which were shot in a darkly-lit setup I went on to coat up my skin to make it whiter and such like, and more generally I acted in it as if being a doll, free of any human-like dimension.

-- Both the costume and the hair color, too, are exactly the same as the image they have in the original work, but in any case how was it actually like to transform yourself into Chocolat herself?

Yamaguchi: Back at the beginning, “Would it look good, on me?” was what I wondered to myself at first. (laugh) Since the hair color, the make up, and also the costumes, were something totally different from what I usually have, there was some worry I felt, thinking “Wouldn’t I be sticking out too unnaturally like this?”, but as the shootings progressed on and on, the people in the staff commented to me how “They have become pretty much habitual clothes to you already, haven’t they?”, and so I too took up confidence about it. (laugh) About the purple [wig’s] hair color, also, it actually has lighter shades and darker shades mixed together, it underwent special treatments in advance, and a lot of particular attention was put also on the hair quality itself. Out of a variety of wigs, I have checked through them to see which one was the closest possible to Chocolat in color, as I went to research for the same imagery as Chocolat. Even for the clothes, while having chocolate-colored tones as their basic colors, purple tones -- which is Chocolat’s own trademark color -- are included to it, and pearls are also added among laces and frills to accompany them, which I find to be so cute. Considering how normally I would never get on to wear such gothic clothes, I feel glad that I could have a chance to do it in the shootings. Just one thing, though: since this was specifically tailor-made, it was “uber-tight fitting“ in its size. That’s to the point I would haven’t been able to wear on the clothes anymore If my body form had ended up changing even just a little, which means that I had been cautious in maintaining myself in shape.

-- With that said, haven’t you slimmed down, in the end?

Yamaguchi: Right, I surely have gotten slimmer since. I have gotten to wear these clothes again after quite some time, for today’s interview, and now they feel a little bit looser than I had before, so yes, I could tell from the clothes that “Ah, I sure have lost weight!” (laugh)

-- What was your first movie shooting set like?

Yamaguchi: During the shootings, I was fighting hard to resist the cold. (laugh) I guess the wig kept me warm, a little bit at least, but since the clothes had no sleeves on, it was extremely cold anway. The same can be said also about scenes shot on the exterior, but also while at the “Chocolat Noir” (Chocolat’s own house), they avoided using any heating, so as to ensure that the chocolate candies wouldn’t melt down, so it was cold, indeed. (laugh)

-- What about your interactions with the other people in the co-actors cast?

Yamaguchi: I could get the chance to have a lot of talk about this and that with all the other co-actors in there, during the intervals between the shooting. There have been many co-acting scenes I had with Okada (Yui)-san, so naturally I also got on to talk with her a lot while at it. Both I and Okada-san are passionate about cosmetics, so in the end we went on to discuss about the ones each one of us would recommend. With Sakurada (Hiyori)-san, instead, our co-acting scenes were fewer, so there wasn’t as much time as that for us to be able to have a conversation, but I still feel happy that I could get to have a talk nonetheless, even if just a little.

---
    Source: https://entamenext.com/articles/detail/11525

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1