Yahagi Moeka (Moechan) / Draft 3rd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Hugglepuff, Jan 22, 2018.

1. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    WTF/H ?

2019. What a year for AKS
    (I think @Mana must be in a corner somewhere...)

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. MondyofAus

MondyofAus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    You could almost argue that AKS is a tainted brand now. Nobody wants to touch them anymore, not even up and coming members. Their agencies are encouraging them to get out.

• Dislike x 6
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
  3. Oddball82

Oddball82 Member

Oshimen:
    Hitomi Momose
    Unexpected? A little bit

Shocking? No

Personally when taking her age into account she will probably focus on her studies.

The thing is that she already, at 17, got everything a member could strive for; center position, solo concert, photobook and a reputation for being a good singer. In less then 2 years she achieved/got more then what other members work years and years for. When you have already done everything a member can strive for it makes choosing school a lot easier. (Maybe even a little parental pressure?)

Yes AKS is at fault for her graduating but not because they treated her bad, no, it's because they treated her to good.

• Agree Agree x 18
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

From what I can recall she's from a pretty wealthy family so she didn't need to stay with AKB for the money either.

Yeah, pretty much. She's been indulged more than any young member I can remember. She's got big boobs, can sing and has the right haircut but she didn't pay her dues and now it's come back to bite AKS in the ass (not that I can muster much sympathy for AKS after what they've done this year to Maho). They thought they were pushing the next big thing to the top now they're pushing nothing.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. kira7x

kira7x Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I will forever wonder if she was fired or she finally gave in to the harassment.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. darlingmysugar

darlingmysugar Kenkyuusei

It’s not really surprising to me, taking into account how “active” she’s been with her actual akb schedule (theatre shows, the tour)

7. Izzy Trinh

Izzy Trinh Future Girls Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    AKB48 Yukirin, AKB48 Naamin
    It’s surpising but not really shocked. Well she has everything as an idol in such a very young age, then it’s been a very very long time since her last active on stage. And then now she have to choose between keep studying to go to the university or being a full-time idol. I think her parents affect her not just a little bit consider that her sister Yukina also graduated after 2 years to go to the university and she was the first 8th gen to come to the senbatsu of SKE, just lịke how AKS push Moeka now.
    Another question is that will she do her graduation stage with team K? She has hardly performed before despite being drafted to team K and now a team K member. So if she choose team K stage it’ll be her first time since she was promoted and also last time, which sounds weird. And from my view, she don’t really close with team K member either, even the captain Komiharu who choose her at the drafted so graduation stage with team K? I’m not sure about that.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    She will center two of the three senbatsu of her career.

9. chuanki47

chuanki47 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    not only AKS but the fans out there call her fat and everything and also diggin bad stuff about her.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Yeah I felt like it was history repeating itself, almost the same situation as Yukina except Moeka was pushed even more. But in Yukina's case management should have expected it since obviously she would work as dentist after graduation, nobody's gonna bother to go through the dental school and abandon a safe and well paid career as a dentist to be an idol until they're maybe in their late 20s, then get into the real world with not much useful experience for most careers except showbiz (but again, if showbiz was her long term ambition she wouldn't have bothered with dental school in the first place). I guess with Moeka they were more hopeful since she's still young and might stop with education after high school if idol career was promising enough for her - like Naachan for example (whose parents are doctors and also aimed to be a doctor until she decided to be an idol). But I guess Moeka chose a different path.

Well she has never done the Team K stage except as a zenza girl so somehow I doubt she will do that as a graduation stage. Last stage she actually performed (a year ago lol) was Pajama Drive, she only did it a few times but maybe she could do that for her graduation. Or because she gets so much special treatment she might get a special graduation stage like some top members did, for example Mayuyu. Though to compare her with the original kami 7 members like Mayuyu is not appropriate in my opinion, she's cute and talented and reasonably popular but not that level :fear:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. rendizzz

rendizzz Next Girls

another big loss to me, 2019 really a bad year :gavel:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Mana

Mana Under Girls

._.

I'm so sad honestly ._. I really didn't expect that Moeka would graduate so fast. It's so rare for me to find an idol who I really like and really want to support... and it's just sad that she's leaving so fast, it's been only 2 years that she's in the group... I like her since her 16th gen auditions and I was so happy when she auditioned for draft and got into AKB. I can't believe it ended so fast ._. especially with how well she was doing and all the potential she had, and the attention she got even more in recent months. it just doesn't make sense to me when I read the news, I was shocked T_T

I know a lot of people were bothered with her push and scandal, but it honestly didn't (and doesn't) bother me at all... I just wish she stayed ._. I listen to her singing videos so much and I was happy thinking she will do so many more in the future and I wanted to support her, and now... T_T it's just sad...

Seeing the date of her graduation (February) seems obvious to me that she is graduating for school/studies reasons, probably going to college. I guess maybe she won't be active as celebrity anymore... or maybe she will, but I doubt it would involve singing and that's what I like the most about her, so I'm still sad ._.

I was looking forward to follow her career as idol so much T_T she was talking about her wish of doing another solo concert and all... T_T

This is more of a personal rant so I put it in spoiler, I feel like I have such bad luck with AKB tbh when I find a member who I really want to support (more than just liking) they end up graduating early. First I supported Naanya who stayed in AKB for less than 4 years and who was just 17 at graduation... After that, it took me a while to find a new gen who made me want to support her as much, but I found Moeka, and she's graduating even faster after only 2 years in the group, and at 17 years old too... I mean it's really discouraging because I can't just force myself to feel the same (at the same level) about other members even if there are members who I like a lot. I have doubts that another member will make me feel strongly again :/ it's almost like this is a sign that I don't belong in the fandom :/ all my favs are grads except Yukirin who is an old gen so she won't be an idol for that much longer. so I feel kinda discouraged right now... I mean there aren't that many idols who I follow now and I thought Moeka will be an idol who I can follow for some years and enjoy the content especially her singing and cute photos etc., but suddenly this happens to me (again) ._. idk I feel sad right now :/

:cry::cry::cry:

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. YukoOshimafan

YukoOshimafan Member

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    @Mana I knew and started to love Moeka because you showed her videos to me, she is a really talented girl and I agree,she had so much potential as idol,so I want to thank you for updating always about her <3.
    Is sad to let her go, but I wish Moeka the best of luck in her dreams <3.

14. 3091013ss

3091013ss Kenkyuusei

I feel like her gori push is a blessing and a curse at the same time.

While she had a tremendous idol career like nobody business with center, photobook, solo concert, great hs sales, etc in such a short period of time; she had to pay it with the hate from antis, fans of other girls, I assume also from other girls who would do anything to have her 1/10 push and bunshun target lol.

Not exactly a fan of her but hey she has talent to back her push and she’s also a really cute girl, so I was kinda looking forward to her future years with akb. Sadly it’s a short journey for her and her fans in akb.

Idk just sharing my opinion and happy graduation in February?

15. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@YukoOshimafan aww I'm glad that I made you love Moeka with my messages ;_; Yes she was very talented... I'll miss her. Thanks for the sweet message <3

and yes it's so sad to see Moeka leave when it felt like it was just the start for her... it looks like she thought about it a lot before making this decision... I just watched her announcement on Mirai Monster here, and it broke my heart ._. She cried a lot... There is also a message on AKB48_staff's Twitter here. This has almost 3 million views already wow...

Translation of what she said in Mirai Monster: "I want to be a Mirai Monster and spread my wings too, thinking about what I want to do and my road ahead. I'll have many appearances in Mirai Monster this year and I'll continue doing my best. Please support me!" (Source)

Translation of her blog post on AKB's blog (Source):

001.png 002.png

Many people tweet about her graduation, including graduated seniors like Sasshi, Miyuki etc. Sasshi's tweet said that Moeka is a delicate person, unexpectedly she's not strong mentally, and she cries easily. She said Moeka is cute, fun and she has a great sense, and she wished her the best. <3

• Like Like x 1
  16. rayanami

rayanami Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    I can remember at least one younger member who got at least equal indulgence to moeka while also without paying her dues first. That girl is still here, so I don't think AKS was being stupid.

• Like Like x 1
  17. naruse

naruse Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    naruse48
    lol what a bunch of crock @ that other graduation thread.

People just willingly superimpose their image of her and throw mud at her (not unlike twitter or 2ch btw).

Interacting with her and looking back at her earlier days, especially her underground/16th gen/draft days, it's obvious she loves doing the job. Also had all the right variables to be successful. Unfortunately the huge amount of negativity got through her delicate facade she puts on, and that multiplied many times with her precipitous rise to the top.

What's amazing is people freely throwing words like "entitled" around. In her graduation comment she said she feels bad for missing so many events, even when she's doing as much as allowed. That guilt must've contributed to what eventually led to the "snap". The theory that she's half-assing is so asinine. Not a surprise that at this critical juncture in her life, her parents chose the safe path for her, just like with her sister. If it was up to herself she would've probably continued a bit longer.

Most people probably won't agree, but the group needed her more than she needed the group in its current state. So I don't really care when people go "oh noes look at akb throwing all its resources at her and now shes up and left".

Looking back at my June comments though, I kind of saw this coming after bunshun. But after being center and settling down a bit, I thought she still had a couple of more years to go until she starts to get serious in university. Oh well all the great things must come to an end, and that ephemeral moment was great while it lasted.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Disagree Disagree x 8
  18. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Well that I didn't see coming lol. With the way promotions were going it made it seem like Moeka was gonna continue to at least be in front row and management would try. I guess she's leaving on her own terms and that's nice. Weird year for AKB for sure. Sucks tho. I was growing to really like her.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I remember seeing a comment some days ago on Youtube, in japanese, it said something like "if this girl graduates now, wouldn't it be really bad for AKB?", it made me kinda happy that people were already seeing Moeka as a necessary presence for AKB's future (for her singing skills and her looks especially). I never thought that it would become true and she would graduate now... ;_;

I often read the japanese comments on Moeka's videos, all her singing videos, and especially the Maji de Koisuru 5 Byou Mae one that gets a lot of views, with new comments everyday with lots of opinions. a lot of fans of Sakamichi groups or even Hello!Project groups were praising Moeka, saying that although they're fans of other groups but they think Moeka has a really nice voice and good singing and she's very cute, and they thought she can do a lot for AKB.

I checked those videos every 4-5 days and read the new comments. it makes me so sad to think about it now and the fact that it will all end so soon... I really think Moeka had so much potential and this is such a waste ._. the amount of attention and views/likes on her 2 videos of announcement (especially the one in AKB48_staff account where it has now 3 million views and 15k likes) in just some hours, that says it all. it shows how much Moeka reached the interest of the non-fans already and it feels even more like a waste... I remember it was one of her goals to make people who don't know AKB become their fans... it must be hard for her to make this decision to leave... maybe it's for school, maybe her parents, maybe she herself wasn't strong for the pressure (I guess she talked about it with Sasshi probably so Sasshi's tweet mentioning Moeka's weak mental makes me think Moeka had hard times to deal with it). Her blog post and her tears in Mirai Monster really makes me see that it hurts her a lot to come to this decision. She really loved idols and AKB, she had everything to be the perfect idol, so many people were writing "she gives the feeling of THE idol" when seeing her performances... ._.

• Like Like x 9
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. Ghada Regaieg

Ghada Regaieg Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana (Naachan)
    i really had very high hopes for her future in the group
    like, she had it all

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1