1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kinoshita Yukiko (Yukko) / 3rd Generation

Discussion in 'SKE48 Graduated Members' started by Takamina, Feb 27, 2010.

1. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

2. bang_benz

bang_benz Kenkyuusei

IMO this is common mistakes while Japanese people converting foreign name from katakana into alphabet.

Japanese people write foreign word based on how they pronounce it, not based on how it should write.

I'll give you another western name for example. Let's take MICHAEL as example. Japanese people pronounce MICHAEL as MI-HAE-RU and that's how they wrote it in katakana, and if they doing mistake (like in Yukko case) while converting it into alphabet then they will write it as MIHAEL.

Fortunately Yukko is quite smart girl (or maybe someone told her :D ), she realized the mistake and change her Instagram name into MICHELLE, but admin of central Japan website still not realize their mistake.

Dikirim sambil nganu

3. kenchanayoh

kenchanayoh Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
  4. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    That's not true. Michael is not pronounced Mihaeru, it is pronounced Maikeru.

Michael Jackson's name in katakana is マイケル・ジャクソン which translates to "Mai-ke-ru Ja-ku-son.

5. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

6. kenchanayoh

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    She's doing the choreography of Sakae Girls!

7. wilay14

wilay14 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kinoshitayukiko
    Random (it's actually been a while since I post anything lol), did you hear her mother is actually Colombian? :eek::eek:

8. Rainabow

Rainabow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Holy crap! Wow.... I didn't know!

9. wilay14

wilay14 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kinoshitayukiko
    Forgot to mention I also found these very cute 2-minute videos of her speaking Engrish on some NHK-produced PR thing I guess?? (right column, the last two videos)

10. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Really? I didn't know it! :awesome:
    PS: thanks for the link. I can't watch the videos, but I'm sure I'll resolve the problem soon...

11. Surabaya

Surabaya Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    Her mother is from Spain, like me.;)
    In "111114 SKE48 no Sekai Seifuku Joshi ep07", SKE48 Vs World, she is with the Spanish team.:)

http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/Kinoshita_Yukiko
    "Her mother is Spanish and her father is Japanese. However, she barely knows any spanish."

12. wilay14

wilay14 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kinoshitayukiko
    Yes, that's what I thought too, but in those vids I shared, they say she's a former member of SKE and that she was born from a Japanese father and a COLOMBIAN mother.

Now, I'd expect her (and other idols) to lie on their profiles, it's pretty common imo, but one does not simply lie to one of the biggest and most important broadcasting companies in Japan (if you want to be able work for them in the future, I mean).

[​IMG]

That said, when you really think about it, it actually makes sense. Being from Spain, I think you may have realized that on the very rare occasions in which she spoke Spanish, she usually spoke politely (referring to people as "usted", and the like).

I know when you learn a new language you usually learn how to speak politely first, but, in this case, she didn't take any Spanish classes -that we know of- which makes me think that she spoke this way because that's the way her mother spoke to her (and her family). Now, Colombians are known for speaking politely even in casual situations (w/friends, family, etc.) and taking into consideration everything I just said, it leads me to believe that the possibility of her being half-Colombian is quite high.

Of course, I may be wrong and this may only be a typo (I guess??), but I just wanted to share my thoughts, being a Spanish-speaker myself.

13. karles48

That makes sense. Only a few here in Spain speak so politely. However, since she has grown up in Japan and the code of respect is very important, maybe she's actually half Spanish but addresses her parents formally...

14. kenchanayoh

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    There is a girl at my school who is Colombian with Kinoshita surname. I wonder if she might be a relative

15. karles48

That's one of the things I sometimes wonder about. Can we be sure that her real surname is indeed Kinoshita? I mean, the topic about real names and 'fake names' has been on the table from time to time...and I don't remember a final conclusion about it... :|

16. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

17. karles48

I'm glad, it was time. :)

18. Rainabow

Rainabow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    I HAVE THE MONEY FOR IT. I.HAVE.THE.MONEY.FOR.IT.

19. pesco

pesco Kenkyuusei

Yukiko's first photobook is published through a crowdfunding website.
    Here is the link for her project (japanese)
    https://camp-fire.jp/projects/view/6051

For what I understand, it is not possible yet to buy it from overseas.
    Maybe later, because if you select a 'Return gift', you are redirected to a page mentionning in the right column :
    【SORRY】
    Order from oversea is unavailable and in preparation now.

So, for the moment, one should use a Japanese deliver proxy service to buy it and receive the gifts (but not sure if it would work for all the gifts).

If someone can translate the texts for the 'Return Gifts', that would be helpfull to know if there is a way I didin't find for overseas fans to help this project.

20. kenchanayoh

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Wow you can actually meet her as the prize