Kotani Riho (Ripopo) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NMB48 Graduated Members' started by Naomi, Dec 7, 2010.

1. purekyunkyun

purekyunkyun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Twitter:
    purekyunkyun
    Re: Kotani Riho / Team N

Short news piece on the Yoshimoto Wonder Camp with Ripopo and Eriko Jo.
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avH-KmeyOhs[/yt]

2. pitviper15

pitviper15 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako

I recently started noticing Ripopo more from watching a lot of the NMB Challenge48 recently, she has started to become my 2nd favorite NMB member after Sayanee.

Here are videos to refresh her thread:
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFNhkbOFa6M[/yt]
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nbYVxdK7TQ[/yt]
    :D

3. Chaos48

Chaos48 Kenkyuusei

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u14eI5n7nv0[/yt]

4. shamurai48

shamurai48 Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

Congratulation for entering AKB48 Janken Tournament [party]

EDIT: And it seem like they gave her the center position in the upcoming single in the selection 8.
    really congratulation [party]

5. moomookan

moomookan Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki, Yagi Toa
    Off to Team A... I hope poor Ripopo (and Milky) catch a break. Reading about Jurina's Nagoya -> Tokyo -> Nagoya trips sounds horrible, I can't imagine Ripopo and Milky making Osaka -> Tokyo -> Osaka all the time...

6. OSR48

OSR48 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    nogibabiez
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

gif credit to : akbgifs@tumblr

:( :( :( :(

7. crunky12

crunky12 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    For a person like me who has over little interest in nmb, I think I may just have found my nmb oshimen.

When I watched the janken thing last night and saw what Ripopo was wearing, like she doesn't give a care :hehe: , it has been confirmed. She kinda reminds me of Sasshi in ways, in good ways. :awesome:

Welcome to my oshimen list Ripopo.

8. shamurai48

shamurai48 Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Yeah. she is really unique, & one of things that I like about her, she is always herself & not trying to act like someone else, she can be funny & her character is loved from the NMB48 members, maybe these & other points make Aki-P interested in her, & give her a huge promotion to Team-A. [rock]

9. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    ^promotion? don't you mean transfer!?

10. crunky12

crunky12 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    I think her additional position on Team A is a promotion. She is gonna get so much exposure from it like Milky and Jurina, when they got transferred.

11. mieniem

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    What kind of more exposure did those two get exactly?

12. crunky12

crunky12 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    Oh, you know, it was the talk of the town and all. :awesome:

Seriously though, I knew next to nothing about Milky until her transfer to B.

Jurina is co-centering an AKB song. I'm pretty sure that counts as exposure.

I see them both in EVERYTHING now, more than before.

It's just basically my thought. I feel like I see or hear about them more than usual. :dunno:

13. maki2589

maki2589 Kenkyuusei

i've never really paid much attention to nmb, but this girl really made an impression on me during yesterdays streaming of the janken tournament. the way she was dressed so casually and how she looked so nervous really got me and made want to know who she is, learn more about her, and watch her perform. that's why i'm really happy to hear about her transfer/promotion to team a cause it's gonna make those a whole lot easier. i'm really looking forward to getting to know her more.

14. mieniem

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    So was winning a janken taikai it increased appearances, but despite the increased exposure it didn't actually increase Mariko's or Mayumi's popularity. As such these transfers do the same thing because known circumstancial exposure just puts off fans. As for Jurina Co-Centering a song that's just a loophole to prevent people from complaining that an SKE member as center.

15. maki2589

maki2589 Kenkyuusei

actually i feel like milky being put in team b gives her more exposure to overseas fans both old and new. i mean it's usually akb48 that overseas fans get exposed to first and it's a lot easier for overseas fans to get to know them more. then they start to get into the other groups like ske, nmb and hkt afterwards or cause they see girls from those groups in shows and concerts and like them so they check those group out to get to know those girls more. there are a couple of exceptions like rena and jurina though who get a lot of exposure overseas even though rena is not akb48 and in jurinas case before she was put in team k.

im not saying that the added exposure is only to overseas fans though. being able to perform in the akb theater which is in another area/city will give them the opportunity to perform to more and new people and possibly make those people their fans. more exposure doesn't necessarily mean they become more popular it just means that they get more chance to attract peoples attention specially if they get to perform for those people in person.

16. mieniem

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    ^Weak
    Exposure on stages or concerts isn't that much different than just being members of their original groups and joining them for the single. Basically it's not really a promotion unless they get extra media work, within the group just gives them a chance for people to possibly change their oshi. I mean in the end there are plenty of members that are more popular than akb despite the fact that they are in ske or nmb.

17. Ozu

Ozu Kenkyuusei

A transfer draws attention to the member by both media and fans. In Jurina's and Milky's cases, I think they were transferred to make them more prominent within the 48 family than they were before that. Milky has become a regular senbatsu member this year and to me it looks like that transfer was the first step towards that. In other words, it looks like the management pushed the two to make them more visible as AKB's front girls. I don't know how Ripopo's transfer will work in that regard, though. The same goes for the AKB members who now also occupy a position in the sister groups.

18. maki2589

maki2589 Kenkyuusei

*mieniem
    i guess i just see it differently that you do. also i didn't say that was the reason i think that milkys and ripopos transfers are promotions i was just saying that it gives them more exposure to other people. i consider it as a promotion cause to me it's gotta mean that aki-p and management believes they wont disappear under the senbatsus shadow if they're put in the same stage as them. i mean why would they put a girl from one group into the same team that has senbatsu members like takamina, mayuyu and mariko if they didn't think she's gonna do good in that team.

also i personally think that seeing a girl perform live in person makes a huge difference than just seeing them on tv or videos. i mean there's girls like umechan and hirari who made a huge impression on me at the dc concert and now umechan is like my 4th favorite girl. sure ive always liked seeing umechan perform even in lods but she has never been in my top 10. hirari was a kenkyusei i didn't even knew before, but she shocked me with how fluent she is in english and drew my attention during the unit parts of the concert, now im downloading whatever lod and videos i can find with hirari in it. there are also takamina and sae who solidified their spot as my 1st and 2nd favorite during their concert in ny in 2009(not that they needed it) and backed up the reason they're still there in the dc concert this year.

19. shamurai48

shamurai48 Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    @ mieniem
    Milky is the biggest example, ask a lot of AKB48 Ota & fans from this forum, they don't know or they didn't care about Milky until they made the announcement of her transfer, & believe it or not even Jurina benefit from her transfer to Team-K because a lot of AKB48 fans who used to be her anti, now support her & acknowledge her talent & presence. Yes technically it is a transfer but for the member & the fans it is a promotion.
    But unlike Milky & Jurina, Ripopo is not a center or co-center like them, nor is a front line senbatsu like Yamada Nana & Takayanage Akane, & that's what makes every one surprised, maybe Aki-P believe that she can do things in AKB48's atmosphere that can make her able to shine, so it is a gamble that Aki-P like to make & we will see the outcome in the end.

20. mieniem

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Actually plenty of fans knew or heard about Miyuki before the transfer just casuals, and even if they hadn't her ranking 19th in the election was going to change that. And Jurina is still getting massive complaints for her presence in AKB her support and talent have always been acknowledged it's just being rejected.
    AKi-P's failed before in promoting a member it's not skill he has much grasp in, but while you can believe it'll promote i've been through events to know when something will have no effect.