1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Graduation announcements thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kuchi-Chan, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

I think the wiki needs editing. Watched the graduations of the majority of those 26 from JKT48 on YouTube months ago (was heartbreaking watching Melody give them all graduation diplomas, cried when they all including Melody sat down for a group photo graduating class style) the group also already released a new single with its remaining 33 members. If what you're waiting for is all of them to have their individual grads at the JKT48 theater I think it was already said before that not all of them would.

Last edited: May 18, 2021
  2. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I don't understand what you mean. The wiki page shows them as graduated already. It doesn't say they're still in the group, it just means that they announced graduation this year/their graduation was announced. A lot of the 86 members who announced graduation this year have already graduated.

It clearly says "Bolded names denote members who have yet to graduate since their graduation announcement." None of these 26 JKT48 members are in bold, meaning all of them are listed as graduated.

They're only removed from the list once the year is over, not once they've actually graduated. I hope this makes it clear.

3. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

@bonjourmarlene - Thanks for the clarification. I actually completely missed this: "Bolded names denote members who have yet to graduate since their graduation announcement." :wall::fp: I'm sorry!

4. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Mimikkyu

Mimikkyu Member

Oshimen:
    48G itself.
    I think that's what many people expected her to do.

6. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Why?

7. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Getting caught doing 2 johnnies guys. It was inevitable for her to grad.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. shining445

shining445 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jonishikei
    MNL's Alice (MIII) announced graduation on May 21st.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    STU48 2nd generation member is resigning.
    See in her thread.

Edit: ops! I forgot to type the name.
    /sorry
    /poor re reading skills

Last edited: May 26, 2021
  10. Mimikkyu

Mimikkyu Member

Oshimen:
    48G itself.
    Tamura Natsuki
    She said "I've been longing to be an idol for a long time, and now I'm letting go of that dream, and I'm filled with regret and apology."
    No reason nor any future plan has been mentioned.
    I think it's likely that she she will leave entertainment business.

11. Mana

Mana Under Girls

NMB48 6th gen member Miyake Yuria announced graduation today.
    https://ameblo.jp/nmb48/entry-12680612679.html

"I, Miyake Yuria, will graduate from NMB48.
    I'm really sorry for this announcement.

It became difficult to balance idols and academics, and I couldn't do activities and practice that I was satisfied with, so I chose to graduate after I was worried.

I returned because I wanted to meet the people who had been waiting for my return for a long time, as well as the comments and support I received from them when I was on leave. But I'm really sorry that I chose to graduate like this.

The people who support me at NMB48 are my lifelong memories and treasures.
    I would be very happy if you could see my idol figure in my eyes until the end.

Thank you."

The details about her graduation will be announced at a later date.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    While Google Translate is remarkedly not bad on this text, I would request that 1) if you really need to use machine translation, use DeepL. https://www.deepl.com/en/translator It's much, much better. And 2) please clearly mark any text that is machine translated.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    to be honest, judging by the times I get "I don't know what to make of this, but I'm sure it's a good idea" or DeepL getting messed up by an emoticon (or some exclamation marks) or just plain missing whole parts of the text, I'm not so sure about that.
    I also have the experience that splitting long texts on the punctuation sometimes changes the translation completely
    or ... more mysterious ... when you get the ""I don't know what to make of this, but I'm sure it's a good idea" translation .... insert a newline ... then if the translation changes ... remove the newline ... and you get a completely different translation again (but most of the time a better one)

I tend to use both and combine it into something that seems to make the most sense.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Being a very high context language, yes, newline and punctuation can change meaning completely in Japanese. It's Google Translate fault that it cannot handle context like this. Yes, DeepL sometimes create a long-winding wordy sentences, but Google Translate usually drops sentences completely in those cases. DeepL is like a junior translator needing more experience, while Google is like your 14yo nephew who learn Japanese in middle school. It's just not comparable.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Informative Informative x 2
  16. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    ... In fact, punctuation seems to matter less in Japanese than it does in most other languages with which I am familiar. The problem is that Google Translate thinks it matters more than it does, and so its algorithms get confused by stray punctuation or line breaks. You can use this to your advantage when it's getting confused by long sentences by breaking them up into smaller pieces and letting it translate those, then piecing them back together manually (this requires a working knowledge of Japanese grammar). Using the translation as is, is a terrible idea, for both DeepL and Google Translate.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Yeah... I guess that's what I meant. But Google Translate does choke on this hard.
    I find the opposite is true more often than not back in the days. Removing newlines and punctuations often improve the quality. But I don't use Google Translate much nowadays so idk.

Anyway this is off-topic so this will be my last comment on this topic.

18. Mana

Mana Under Girls

• Informative Informative x 6
  19. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Informative Informative x 3
  20. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Going out with a bang at least. If I were an idol, I'd want my last concert to be at Tokyo Dome as well

• Agree Agree x 8