1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Graduation announcements thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kuchi-Chan, Nov 6, 2013.

1. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    there so many to count, actually there were more grad members who suddenly just disappear or are still trying their luck for other opportunities in the entertainment industry. they're like back to zero again.
    and this is why the standing of the members on AKB is very important for them cause these will be their stepping stone once they grad AKB. their standing on the group will likely decide if they're going to have many projects or opportunities once they work solo career. cause if your a regular senbatsu member, always constant to the fans and the public eye. on CM's, guestings, Music Shows, TV shows anything that the members can be exposed to national tv will really attract advertisement executives, producers, TV network, director once they see this member is very popular.it will get their attention and might offer a member's agency to have a contract with them. that it's no wonder members though others don't want to admit it really want to be the center of the group.

some Undergirls level members are not just merely afraid that once they grad they will just disappear and most likely be forgotten already. I think these Undergirls level members are still waiting for an opportunity to come around for them while they stay on the group. like Umechan, Rie, Akicha and Mocchi. I think they are still hoping that though they're just like the shadows of the senbatsu members. they're will be the time that they might get a chance and be on the spotlight also.

2. oscarwilde

oscarwilde Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    oscarwilde48
    Just wanted to point to the absurdity of including the 9th generation in the same list as the 1st - 7th generation:

The 9th generation was promoted only last year to a Team, last year.

Their respective Shonichi was Nov. 3rd 2012 (Team B Waiting Stage) and Nov. 1st 2012 (Team K Waiting Stage), that was exactly 1 year ago!

Because the 9th gen.+ was kept from the Teams for so long there virtually was and still is a Chinese wall between them. But that's another story.

---
    And on the topic of girls making it in show business after graduating:

The girls that can make it in show business are filtered out at the auditions. Aki-P said many times, the girls that have what it takes to make it are filtered out at the auditions.

So if one of the girls accepted into AKB makes it after graduating, it would be nothing else than a miracle. And exactly that is the concept of AKB.

And that is exactly why Sasshi is so disliked by AKi-P and many AKB fans, she is relatively successful outside of AKB but in the eyes of some a huge failure when it comes to 'idol qualities'.

3. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

You mean, "if one of the girls Aki-P didn't intent to make famous makes it...", right?
    Cause one cannot expect Acchan going from being EVERYWHERE no be NOWHERE to be seen. And I think her career is going pretty well after one year.
    Obviously, the likes of Mariko, Tomochin, Takamina, etc. will do well. The front line of the franchise. The rest? Probably get married and that's it.
    It's a miracle that some can make it and others don't? Nope, it's how they've been treated and marketed since the beginning.

The other day I was trying to find out what happened with some ex-Morning Musume members and it's sad not to know a thing about them. So many years of dancing, singing and acting wasted? C'mon... I understand some of them not wanting to go down that road, but almost all of them? :fp:

4. kobwad

kobwad Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I don't mind even if a mass number of members graduate next year since all of my favourites are very young. But if it happened, I think AKB should follow the way SKE arranged graduation for 9 members early this year. If they want to graduate, tell them to graduate together, give them all a graduation song and a graduation concert. They may not be the most popular girls in the group but they have spent their youth in AKB, have contributed to the success of the group. They deserve to have something better than a graduation stage in theatre.
    At least with a graduation concert like SKE's spring concert, members can have a final spot light and can say I'm proud to be a part of 48-G.

5. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

And it will probably be. It's cheaper that way. :^^;:

Also, seeing how well Yukirin is doing by herself selling out Yokohama Arena and all... I'd say she might also leave next year.

6. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

Huh? Aki-P definitely does not dislike Sasshi. You can say some fans dislike her, and even say the public dislikes her, but Aki-P is not in the Sasshi-hating group.

The thing that makes 9-gen different from current new gens is that when they auditioned for AKB, the group was only in the very beginning stages of becoming popular. Their singles barely started topping charts, but the million streak was still pretty far away. Back then the group was not even that well known in most of Japan. You'll be lucky to find anyone on the street that can name more than 2 senbatsu members.

The girls that auditioned after 48G became huge are not signing up for the same thing. While the early gens might have honestly saw AKB as a stepping stone to a bigger goal, today the "stepping stone" itself has become bigger than the actual goal in many ways.

7. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

I feel like it might be the other way around. Takamina said in an interview once that when girls join the group now, they join with the aspiration "to be a model" or "to be an actress", not "to be in AKB". The implication is that previously girls were happy to join to be part of AKB, but now the trend is more that they're joining for themselves and to reach their own goals than to necessarily be part of the team/phenomenon that is AKB.

But I can't really blame them; it's ridiculously difficult to get noticed as a newer face in the group, so being in AKB may be viewed as really hit-or-miss by incoming candidates. I can imagine that trying to distinguish yourself as an individual to pay attention to amid a sea of girls could feel daunting, at the very least. Unless you're one of the few golden girls who management decides deserves a push for whatever obscure reason, you're pretty much high and dry when it comes to public recognition and the lion's share of opportunities. Being in AKB at least gives a girl a good grounding in what's expected of them in the industry, core skills like how to appeal to audiences, stage presence, and experience being in front of cameras all the time, among a plethora of other skills they might pick up while in the group. But "being in AKB" sometimes does next to nothing for a member outside of personal industry experience and padding a resume, so I can kind of understand why some girls might choose to focus more on where they want to go after the group than being in the group itself.

8. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    I wondering about one thing. If some low ranked member tends to be a star outside AKB48, what will the reaction be for Aki-p? What do you think?

A. He support it by pushing the member.
    B. He don't do anything.
    C. He will work against it.

9. Starshard

Starshard Kenkyuusei

Very likely A, maybe B (but he will still make use of the fact that a girl in AKB is successful). C won't happen. After all, Aki-P (and the management team in general) is businessman, he support / push the ones who (he / they think) can benefit AKB.

@Oscarwilde: you know people were hating Sasshi because she used to be pushed heavily right? =p

10. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    why won't I add 9th Gen though they were just promoted their age doesn't look like it will wait for them to be popular and one 9th Gen did already graduated. Paruru is very popular among AKB and idol fans now and really is catching up on the top members of the group with just a minimum amount of time which was last year with a big push but other 9th Gen members except Yuihan seems to be lagging far behind these two which might result that some of them will just be another theater members or a shadow members of the regular senbatsu members.

and you're very wrong about Aki-P hating Sasshi. Sasshi is one of the members who was after promoted on regular teams which is Team B had become a senbatsu member on Oogoe Diamond. and Sasshi is not just popular outside AKB she's also popular among AKB fans why do you think she won the Senbatsu Election anyway. and if she was successful outside AKB it's because she's really good at hosting and MCing shows and her agency is giving her good work/jobs that help escalated her popularity.

11. oscarwilde

oscarwilde Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    oscarwilde48
    I don't even see how that is an argument.
    Nowadays almost all Senbatsu members were heavily pushed at one time or another. If you want AKB without pushes, you should go back to the time before A2 was performed, because Nagisa no Cherry was part of that stage. Or maybe before K2, because Kijirareta Futari was part of that stage. Or before the time whenever Mayuyu got her push. Yukirin got her captaincy which nobody expected and the list goes on and on.

Also, I wrote Aki-P dislikes Sasshi. I never wrote he hates her. Just to be clear.

12. Starshard

Starshard Kenkyuusei

My reply was for your "Sasshi is disliked by Aki-P and many AKB fans because she was successful outside of AKB" - which was wrong and could give wrong impression about the fans & management. I have nothing against pushes in general.

My point was - those fans disliked her not because of her success outside of AKB, but because she was heavily pushed even before she even reached her fame level last year. As for Aki-P, do you think he would push a girl he dislike that much? Heck, if Aki-P disliked Sasshi, she would have never been given her "2nd chance".

13. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    disliked or hate is almost the same thing. if Aki-P disliked Sasshi. he won't even believe in her potentials. and though Sasshi's scandal was widely criticized. Aki-P went to ANN himself to talk to Sasshi and announced her transfer to HKT48. the producer himself did go to the ANN radio program to personally talk to Sasshi. so, that's dislike to you?
    Heavy push? it will be Acchan all the time, Paruru just recent, Jurina all the time and Mayuyu on 2012.

I did said before there are reasons why Aki-P is pushing members. and on the case of Acchan, Yuko and Mayuyu these 3 members are the ace/center of their own respective teams and we all know in every AKB single each team need to have their own representative. that's why senbatsu members are like
    the All Star Members of the 3 AKB Teams. and now when AKB had their own expansion or sister group. not only every AKB team has their own representative on AKB Singles but also sister group which is their own ace/center on AKB Singles.

14. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I actually wonder how people can make conclusion that Aki-P hates Sasshi
    while Aki-P himself declared that he is biased towards Sasshi in positives way :lol:
    He was even spotted crying when Sasshi's 4th rank was announced if I am remember correctly
    and there has been speculation that Sasshi is one of AkiP favorite members
    Do you remember when Aki-P said "I dont want people to think that it was because you are Sasshi, I punished you lightly?" or something like that in ANN broadcast after the scandal.
    Oh well, Sasshi was disliked by AKI-P?
    No, she was the most pushed member in 2011 in terms of variety show
    Though that didnt stop me to like her :inlove: :inlove:

And Yuko was pushed by Ohta Pro, not AKB. She was never really pushed as center. Notice that the only solo center Yuko has in A-side single is her senbatsu sousenkyo singles. And she never double centered with anyone before she won election in 2010 :lol: . Even when she won, most people argue (at least among Japan fans), that it was because "anti" and Ohta Pro pushes. And the only B-sides songs that she ever centers are actually her team songs. While center for songs for promotion was Acchan mostly, and in some along with Takamina (i.e Sweet & Bitter), or the "famous" Eguchi Aimi :lol: :lol: .

ps: Most of team songs in coupling singles are double center, its not one center single. Center of most team K c/w songs was Tomochin and Yuko, not just yuko. Same for team A and team B. for team stage songs, there was no really "true" center, especially unit songs :awesome:

15. goh1925

goh1925 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
    Funny how I remember from one of the episode of HKT48 Odekake,
    when Gotou from Football Hour asked her who is she closer to, Aki-P or Tamori (something along the line)
    Sashi answered Tamori.

16. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

^ I'd believe it. She does meet Tamori-san regularly for Iitomo after all. Aki-p on the other hand... no one gets to see him that often, probably not even Takamina. And no matter what relationship Sasshi has with Aki-p, she has way too much going on between Fukuoka and Tokyo. I wouldn't be surprised if Sasshi and Aki-p meets less than 3 times per year.

17. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    well since when push = equal to cclose or often meet? [think] [think]
    Paruru, Jurina, Acchan and the list goes on
    They are pushed but did they meet often with Aki-p?
    were theyr eally close with AKi-P?
    i think even takamina rarely meet with Aki-p
    probably they often meet with TGSK or aki-p underlings instead

of course sasshi will be close to Tamori-san lol
    they were in same programme anyway :lol:

18. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    @souchan48
    I totally agree to everything you stated before. Aki-P didn't root for Yuko the way he supported Sasshi, Acchan and Jurina. from what I remember Yuko once said on an interview. the staff or the management said that they don't really want or like Yuko to take a center/front spot or senbatsu member spot on AKB but they choose her because she has experience on the entertainment industry before and even a member of the Doll's Vox an idol group that disbanded even before becoming mainstream because of low sales.
    I really still believe that if the Senbatsu Election wasn't invented or happen. i don't see Yuko having the same prominence in AKB today.and like I said before every team need a representative on AKB singles that's why Yuko has been a regular senbatsu member is because she's Team K ace/center and not because Aki-P is pushing her to be on the top spot.

Aki-P's relationship with Sasshi is on a professional sense of level and not the same with close relationship as friends. and that's why in the sense of professionalism. the way he is close with Sasshi is by favoring her.unlike with Jurina's case where they're really changing conversations on social media or in person.

with Paruru and Mayuyu. Aki-P pushed these two not because he liked them in the sense he like Jurina or Sasshi but because he knows these had good fan base just like what he did with Mariko.

19. oscarwilde

oscarwilde Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    oscarwilde48
    You see, I don't buy this Yuko, the renegade story at all.

I mean, when I watch old concerts and there's Team K on stage all you see is Yuko.

Then somebody said Yuko centered the Team K music videos/songs, I think that is a pretty good platform, isn't it?

When I look at her A sides appearances she was always part of Senbatsu, beginning with Aitakatta.

She got great positions in unit songs in all stages beginning with K1. In K2 she had a duet with Kijirareta Futari and in K3 with Nakinagara Hiohoende even a solo.

When I think back on the old concerts, something really bizarre struck me. When Acchan spoke, Yuko had to at least get the amount of MC time Acchan had. Before that was accomplished, nobody else was allowed to speak. The same with screen time for all Senbatsu songs at concerts. I wonder if somebody else got the same feeling?

----

And on Sasshi, I think it was in one of the Odekake episodes after the election, where she said she had asked Aki-P whether the election was fixed, and Aki-P answered something along the lines of: If I'd fixed it #1 wouldn't be you. I know it's not absolute proof or anything, but since then I go with the hypothesis that Aki-P does not like her. Does not mean he hates her, just doesn't like her.

20. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    @oscarwilde
    I did said before the reason why Yuko had been pushed through on Team K is because she is Team K ACE cause if you haven't noticed each Team's ace/center has the upperhand among her fellow team member look at Paruru isn't she's Team 4 ace/center?
    and I did said before also the reason why Yuko was chosen is because she had experienced in the entertainment industry before and almost everyone is just a newbie that's why she was chosen as a senbatsu member/team k ace and 1/3 of the center position on Aitakatta. and not because Aki-P like her.
    Yuko did said the staff/management didn't root for her to be a top member because they know she's been on the entertainment industry since she was a child and till the age of 17 haven't have accomplished anything yet but because she have experienced they have no choice but to pushed her through cause the others was just a newbie and thus causing trouble.

and on Sasshi, haven't you noticed how casual the conversation between her and Aki-P? we did said before Aki-P did go to ANN to talk to Sasshi about her scandal on live radio broadcast. the producer himself lend his own time so, he could talk to Sasshi personally and also personally announced her transfer to HKT48.if it was another member I doubt Aki-P would be the one to go to that member and talk to her personally.it would be the other way around or TGSK will be the one to break the news to her not Aki-P himself.