1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Graduation announcements thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kuchi-Chan, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Aki-P does like Sasshi. He helped her get over her scandal instead of kicking her out of the group. He's said plenty of times before that he believes her to be a shrewd and intelligent girl who will go far in the industry. If he didn't like her I really doubt she'd still be in the group anymore, much less have become HKT's co-theater manager and produce Kaotan's single. No, he likes her plenty - he likes all the girls with "troll" personalities like Sasshi's because they're birds of a feather :D

Now when he said he wouldn't have picked her to be #1 or whatever the line was (I know it was something like that, I saw that ep) I took it as more of a joke. Sasshi is a very interesting personality and very quirky. But that also makes it harder to base a song around her, as she does lack in many traditional idol aspects such as singing, looks and dancing - which is why she tends to get so many songs about being the plain girl who isn't a beauty, who has to win guys through hard work and determination instead of through her womanly charms. I feel like KFC's lyrics had to have been written because she was center (could you really see Mayu or Yuuko believably singing about how plain they are? lol).

Still, Aki-P knows as well as anyone that Sasshi is successful and popular in the public eye. I'm sure he's not truly upset that she won. Her win at election really shook up the established status quo. Everyone expected Yuuko to win again, or else Mayu to finally take Yuuko's place. Very few people saw Sasshi's win coming which made it an actual surprise for once, which brought a much-needed shakeup to that event as it was getting kind of predictable in the higher-up spots, spots that should be the most interesting and anticipated ones to the viewers. And the election surprises will continue on into next year, as long as we don't see all those top girls graduate. More excitement, more speculation and more surprises can only mean good things for AKB so I'm sure Aki-P was quite happy with that turn of events.

But anyway this is an offtopic discussion and I don't wanna start a discussion about the merits or demerits of Sasshi as election winner, I just wanted to point out that Aki-P and Sasshi most likely have a very good relationship based on the evidence available [angel]

2. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I predict Yuko, Kojiharu or Takamina to graduate next.
    I cant see Micchan graduate soon .. [hi]
    In fact among the 1st generation left in Tokyo dome,
    she is the only one who I feel didnt show any sign of "wanting to graduate"
    unlike Tomochin or Mariko (to be fair, kojiharu and takamina start showing the sign
    after the tokyo dome concert, so anything can happen though)
    Micchan seems to love akb even after the scandal.. this girl is strong [hehe] , but soft [makeup]

I agree with Mayumk and Silenka
    Sometimes, you should see more than what it appears to be
    Aki-P was of course "trolling" Sasshi, especially knowing that Sasshi has hetare chara,
    that he didnt want Sasshi to win #1. I think he saw it coming himself.
    if Aki-P dislikes Sasshi, he wont be crying when Sasshi got 4th position.
    If Aki-P really dislikes Sasshi, he wont be "helping" her personally by having a open
    talk with her in ANN. Usually, they wont openly help a member who had scandal rite?
    That being said, I love sasshi. so I am not her hater, but I realized this fact.. :^O^:
    But ironically, it was Sasshi's humbleness in election and her reaction towards the scandal
    that moved me from sasshi-hater to sasshi fans :hehe:

3. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    @souchan48
    I agree with you, Micchan don't look like she gonna graduate anytime soon. Micchan's age are at the same age range to few considered AKB48 new gen which are Milky and Sayanee. and I know Micchan think she haven't done enough in AKB48 to say she can move on already and go to the next level which is the cruel entertainment industry.

4. Love_Meetan

Love_Meetan Kenkyuusei

According to her letter at Sayaka's last theater.. i think KK will be the next member to graduate from AKB.

But it's just my speculation, i don't know if she want to stay at there til her 10 years anniversary. She's one of phused girl at the past, i like her even she was not choosen as senbatsu in every a-side single (ex. Aitakatta and keibetsu)

And another nonsenbatsu member , maybe Tanamin, Misato, Sakiko, Chikarina, Myao , Mocchi and Umechan..

5. xmikachan

xmikachan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Twitter:
    xmikachuu
    As much as I hate to admit it, I think Kojiharu will be next to graduate. Now that she's been the center I feel like she might want to move on, she's also probably feeling pressured now that she's the oldest member. I really hope she stays longer but I honestly won't blame her if she decides to leave.

6. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

This has been rattling around in my head, I wonder if anyone else thought the same.

Sometimes I feel like some girls choose to graduate at specific times because the fans think they're going to graduate soon and thus go all-out to make sure they go out with a bang. Then maybe the girl who was only considering graduation really feels "ah, it's time to go, I'm never going to get a better reception than this". I think of Akimoto Sayaka as an example, although she may not be the best example since she had already long-outgrown the group. But when the fans voted her to #5 in Request Hour 2013, I wonder if that was the impetus that made her think "well, no better time to graduate than now, while I'm stil on top".

If fans, for instance, start getting the vibe that Kojiharu will graduate (and I think that vibe may have already been gotten, lol), are they going to vote her up to the top 5 in RH2014? Will she then take that as a push to leave? Or perhaps she really has already decided when she's going to leave? Do the fans' actions dictate - more than we may think - whether a girl leaves or stays? Does this also go for surges of popularity at handshake events or in the election?

It's an interesting topic to me at any rate...

7. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I had actually thought it the other way around.

Something like... the girls start thinking of leaving when they see the fans are moving on from them.

In Sayaka's case, yeah, her song got 5, but she also was 20 in the sousenkyou the previous year.
    She had been out of senbatsu since RIVER, but the election single was her moment to come back... and now she had lost that too.
    IIRC, she announced her graduation using the "I will not take part in the election" thing. So I think that, when given the opportunity to opt out of the election (what if she went even further down the ranks?), she started thinking what it meant for her to stay around and what she could get out of AKB. And she decided to opt out of everything in a go.

Which is why I think that many of the girls who went down this year must be thinking the same.
    Umechan went down 3 ranks.
    Akicha went down 3 too.
    Kitarie went down 8.
    Amina went down 13.
    Kuramochi went 14.
    There were other big drops (Maeda Ami with 11 and Wasamin with freaking 23), but they're just 18, so I think they might try and stick around for a couple of years to see if things get better for them.

Maybe the girls who got into the UG (Umechan, Akicha, Kitarie) might stay around for a while. UG is not so bad and all that. But they're surrounded by girls who are jumping places in tens and more:
    Yuria jumped 9 places up.
    Kaotan, 10.
    Miyawaki, 21. Yamada, 18. Kanon, 25.
    Annin and Ricchan went from no ranking to UG straight, and Shibata Aya got o high she almost entered senbatsu.

So I think the girls who went down this year will do nothing but go down even further. Hence, why I find very plausible the rumour of "20 members will graduate in the last day of RH", even if it's a lot of girls leaving in one go.
    Those 5 are all between 22 and 24 years old and have had their fair time in AKB. They've given and received from it all they could. What else could they get from staying? [worried]

Miichan also went down, but since she was just promoted to Team 4 as the captain, I don't think she will... until (and if) Team 4 is disbanded like the previous one.
    I see her going back to Team A for her last days in AKB. Something like the wounded warrior that goes back home to die in peace (yeah, I'm dramatic lol).
    Or maybe she'll decide to graduate AND that causes Team 4's disbandment (ala AKB shuffle after Acchan left). Cause what are they gonna do without their captain? :^^;:

/rant off

8. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

20 members at once? That's intense. Where did you hear/read this?

Wouldn't surprise me though. It's really hard to hold onto your ranking right now. If you look at the cast of girls that are on AKBINGO! right now, almost all of them have yet to be ranked in the sousenkyo. Not to mention the sister groups, who are not only placing more and more girls into the ranking every year, but also placing them higher and higher up. This is a lot of girls to be fighting for those 64 spots. So don't even think about Undergirls... to stay ranked at all would already be a very impressive feat.

As for Miichan, I think team 4 will eventually need a new gen as captain. They can't rely on a 1st gen to carry them forever. And while they are still young and inexperienced, a few of them are already starting to look like captain material. I also think Miichan needs to return to team A, K, or B eventually, maybe even as a captain.

9. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I'd swear I read it here, but I can't find it now.
    Found this article (in japanese) though.
    Note that I said rumour. You know how some fans can get... :^^;:

I noticed I only wrote about those who went down, but... there are many others that didn't even rank.
    Nonaka Misato, Nakata Chisato, Oya Shizuka, Miyazaki Miho, Chikano Rina, Tanabe Miki (this one pains me)... it's impossible for every AKB member to rank, but if a member didn't do it when she was new and didn't have so many rivals... now it's even less likely. [worried]
    So yeah, that 20-people-leaving rumour might not be so off.

Team 4 can get new captains once they're shuffled in the other teams. I wouldn't be surprised if the next K and B captains are Shimada and Oba. They shared the position in the original Team 4, so... [hehe]

10. goh1925

goh1925 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
    Umechan is bound by the responsibility of captain, so no graduation for her.
    I think KitaRie might stay until she have a much more solid presence in acting.
    Amina probably stay for the reason she love AKB48.
    Mochi is the acting captain of Team K together with Shimada when Yuko's not around, so no graduation for her.
    I've no idea what's going on in Akicha's head.

The AKB girls should take pride in their ranking.
    Their ranks most likely isn't a result of an agenda push from fans.
    That means they should take pride that it is their fans that genuinely wants to support them that made them ranks.

I think the 7th gen girls are the new wall for any AKB48 girls aspire to make it big.
    If you can't beat Ayarin, Sumire, Ami, Wasamin or Sakiko in the election,
    the chance of you making into undergirls or senbatsu is very slim.

11. Jayden

Jayden Kenkyuusei

Am I the only one that wouldn't mind an expansion of the election to 80 or 96 places :^^;: They could just put the last song under the theatre edition without a PV..

That said, I could see those whom have been around since the days of the first election and have not ranked until now (Uchida, Chikano, Nonaka, Tanabe etc) or have ranked once or twice and dropped since (Oya, Miyazaki, Kobayashi) leaving soon. I doubt that management would be so kind as to give them a graduation song a la SKE though. At least in the pack of SKE graduates there were popular members in there. (Yagami, Ogiso)

12. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Why should a member graduate just because of dropping in ranking? As long as her number of votes are rising she is comfortable. The dropping is caused by Aki-p's pushing of lolies, not by declining popularity. Akicha and Mocchi for example are still popular at HS event. It's no use to graduate before they are 25, they have their places in the teams and are surely staying if they don't have some good places outside AKB.

13. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

They have been expanding the number of ranking slots every year up till the 4th election, which was after NMB and HKT were established.

I get where you're coming from though and I won't mind an expansion. SKE fans put a ton of new SKE girls into the rankings last year, and fans of NMB and HKT might follow suit now that they've seen how successful it was. It might even get to the point where AKB only has 1/4 of the girls in the 64 slots... and that's only 16 girls :^^;:

14. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Being the captain didn't stop Mariko from leaving.
    I don't think that's enough reason for a girl to stick around.
    As I said, Oba and Shimada could very well be the next captains of B and K and it would be fine. New gen captains for a new gen AKB, just like Yui is doing in A.

I'm not saying just because they're gone down in the election they should graduate. Just that given their age, the time they've spent in the group and their performance in singles/election/etc. they might start considering it.

And everyone loves AKB. :^^;:
    I don't think none of the girls would ever want to leave, but they know they can't stay forever and that they need to start making decisions for what they're gonna do the rest of their lives. [worried]

15. goh1925

goh1925 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
    ^Indeed, but I think Umechan have a different mindset thus different approach to how they handle their captaincy.

Mariko was already thinking about handling her captaincy down to Yui right after Tokyo Dome shuffle.
    (she mentioned that in an interview from AKB48 news magazine)
    She sees her own graduation as a catalyst to liven up AKB48.

On the other hand, I don't see any sign of Umechan handling her captaincy to anyone at the moment.
    If you listen to her comment on BayFM AKB48 8th anniversary special,
    you will know that she is working hard as a captain.
    Personally, I feels like Umechan probably want to achieve something as a Team B captain before graduate/ handling her captaincy somebody else.

16. pacmanamcap

pacmanamcap Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    imamuramaria
    I fear it might be Myao, Lovetan, Kuramochi, Oya and Abe Maria.

Maria seems a little off, wants to be a fashion modell and did not so very well in the 2013 election.
    Miyazaki is totally sweet, but obviously not everybody gets it.
    Ota seems fine to be in second or third row, but how long can you take that?
    Her rank was declining every year and maybe next year there will be no Ota in the best 64.

Haruna will leave too, I guess.

17. Jayden

Jayden Kenkyuusei

Lovetan's rank actually increased this year, so.. :hmm: I'd say she's doing pretty fine as one of the current front girls of HKT. She even got back into senbatsu again for Heart Ereki, if you haven't noticed, though I think that's just a one-time thing. We'll probably have her in HKT senbatsu for many singles to come.

Myao is certainly a sad case, though.. If only she got into janken senbatsu this time round.

18. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

To be honest, whenever I check the teams I find a new face that I've never seen before. And I feel bad. [worried]
    I guess the 7 first generation suffered from the senbatsu being practically the same for years... it wasn't really until the 9th gen came in that we started seeing pushes and all that.

I really doubt any of the 9th gen (and onwards) will leave anytime soon.
    And since there are only 30 members in AKB from those first seven generation, I really doubt the rumour of 20 members leaving is true.
    But I could see around 10 of them doing so, tbh.

19. pacmanamcap

pacmanamcap Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    imamuramaria
    Right, she gained ranks.
    I didn´t notice.

But that she got into Heart Ereki seem´s like a bad sign. Like a farewell present.
    In the Video she´s barely visible.
    She didn´t stand a chance against Sato Sumire and Bakaei.
    They too had only background-parts (if I remember correctly, didn´t watch the video for some time).

I would really which for her to have a great sendoff into graduation, like that she can pick three songs to perform at Tokyo Dome.

20. polar_star

polar_star Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shibataaya
    Suuchan isn't in Heart Ereki though...?

I don't think Lovetan is graduating until HKT becomes a lot more established lol she took the "older sister" position there willingly. Girls in captain/leadership positions, even if unnamed, are less likely to leave soon really. That's why I think Mocchi might not graduate too soon either, as Yuko said she depends a lot on Mocchi. Well at least I selfishly don't want her to leave [hehe]