1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Graduation announcements thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kuchi-Chan, Nov 6, 2013.

1. polar_star

polar_star Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shibataaya
    I really don't see Ayarin graduating anytime soon. SayoKuro senbatsu was pretty realistic for the most part about who is likely to rank I think.

Kana already said she won't graduate till she hits 1000 shows and that's not likely to happen by like 2015 at least. Harugon seems to be enjoying JKT too much to graduate. I think Kojiharu is preparing for 2014, but I feel like it might get delayed to end of summer/fall. I don't think Yukirin is thinking about it just yet, well I really want her to center a single before she goes but yeah that's my wishful thinking.

They need to super push someone in K so Yuko can announce something by the end of the year at least.

2. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Still in question
    Kojima Haruna - many are saying that "Heart Ereki" was a closure/sign for Kojiharu to graduate AKB already without any regret but just like Mariko on the 2011 Janken "Ue Kara Mariko". Mariko still stayed for 2 years after that.but since we are in the transition era and graduation of the Old Gen is the only solution for new gen to create a path of their own. I think it's really inevitable that Kojiharu will graduate next year. especially the timing RH2014 in SSA. Kojiharu's hometown Saitama. for me this is already a sign. Kojiharu will really take this chance to announce her grad on SSA. though I don't really know since Kojiharu said in several occasion.she still won't graduate AKB yet.

Oshima Yuko - I don't really think AKB can stand on their own yet when Yuko graduate. let's face it. Yuko can really draw crowd, fans and numbers in AKB48 Single. no doubt she is the current top member in AKB though Sasshi outrank her on the sousenkyo. but I don't think Yuko can't wait any longer and there will really be a time when AKB new gen members need to stand on their own ground without the Old Gen supporting them. the only thing holding Yuko back from graduating is her Team K captaincy and her love for AKB. though I think Yuko had somewhat in mind to replace her as Team K captain.

imo Aki-P did choose Old Gen members to be captain on Tokyo Dome for just a temporary position and before they graduate choose they think is the right one out of their team to be the next captain in the new gen. cause I don't think new gen will follow a leader that is the same age range as them and who they think as peers. comparing new gen to Takamina. Takamina has self-will to lead AKB without anyone asking her to do so. but if the captaincy assigning comes from an Old Gen member entrusting the team captaincy to new gen. i think new gen will respect and acknowledge the decision coming from their senpai. cause look at Yukirin on the Old Team B. while Sayaka and Takamina had hold their position well.

Takahashi Minami - I don't really see Takamina's grad next year. as in no way. if ever in the Old Gen I'm confident who won't graduate next year. it's Takamina. out of the top members in the Old Gen Takamina is the last to graduate. she is the pillar of not only AKB but also 48G as whole.
    High Possible Chance of Graduation next year
    Myao, Tanamin, Harukyan, Ucchi, Wasamin, Haachan - I think this members know the only hope they have is to rank on Sousenkyo to have a chance to be a top member. but since no certain push or effort from the management comes to give them a chance in AKB. I think it's really time for them not to waste anymore time staying in the group where they are unappreciated. I don't think they see anymore bright future for them by staying in AKB.sad and cruel but it's the reality.

I don't think Ayarin, Suuchan, Mocchi and Umechan have any certain plans to graduate since I think they are slightly push by the management.

3. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

Urgh, I feel like KK is really a burden to AKB. I don't know what she brings to AKB at all. [boom]

4. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Kana? Because the media senbatsu is not the end-all be-all of AKB...? It started as a theater group and it still is, mainly, a theater group. And Kana actually performs at the theater regularly unlike much of the media senbatsu - for a dying team at that. She's contributing just by being there performing in theater shows, a nearly thankless job that keeps the group close enough to the fans for the handshake mechanic to make sense and unique in a sea of carbon-copied idol groups. She's the reason the girls in media senbatsu are allowed to be as popular and relevant as they are. And she gets none of the glory for herself.

Sure it's high time she graduated and let someone else take her place, but what she's doing is still important to the group.

5. JoshTan

JoshTan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Unless Team Kaigai members get called back into AKB, I don't see the reason for Harugon to graduate yet. I find her to be quite a good fit into JKT, actually her personality pretty much is flexible whichever group she goes to. [notme]

6. Ribbon

Ribbon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishidaharuka
    ^ Yup.Harugon looks like she's having a really great time in JKT and I doubt she wants to leave yet.I'm not sure about Akicha though....

7. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

@polar_star If Kana has really said she won't graduate until she hits 1000 theater performances how long would it likely take for that to happen? What's her current total?

8. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

800+ something.
    So she won't leave until the end of 2015. :^^;:

9. brunoiaz

brunoiaz Kenkyuusei

Some people really need to stop with this "oh, but Tanamin/Ucchii/Chikariina/etc. don't have anything to do on AKB. They don't have and will never have a chance in the group so they will just graduate".

First of all, they know their spot in the group. Of course a spot at the Election or great handshake numbers would be good for them (and fans try to achieve this for them all the way they can), but they are not trying to achieve a center/Senbatsu position like most of the members.

And it's not because a member don't get a huge media exposure or a push that they will graduate. And this members, yes, have opportunities. They still appear on TV shows, movies, radio shows etc. (maybe not in the mainstream media, but they still appear).

And, most importantly, they are not dead waist. If AKB48 only had media Senbatsu members, the theater would be empty 6 days per week and the group wouldn't be what it is today. Quoting Silenka:

They are hard-working girls that deserve some respect. Enough said.

10. UlgadApaWota48

UlgadApaWota48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
    Twitter:
    hashirepenguin_
    Probably Kojima Haruna. Even she was the center of Heart Ereki.

11. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Probably Annin next :(

12. moonlit

moonlit Member

funnily enough, I feel like if Annin felt like leaving because of the incident she might have taken her chance to leave together with Ricchan, so I think/hope she won't leave for a while.
    (edit: of course it might be management controlled and they didn't want them to grad together, but.... yeah.)

13. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

As much as I love Annin, I think management has left her alone because of the aforementioned reasons.
    Without participating in HS and such she isn't 'bringing' any money to AKB at all (let's not fool ourselves, the theatre and the stadium concerts will still sell out without her and a bunch of others).

Still, I don't think she's leaving for while. Even if she's not as enthusiastic as other members when it comes to performing, she must enjoy being in AKB for many other reasons. Being with her friends and whatnot.

How many of us haven't been on some exchange programme in a foreign country and have dreaded the moment of coming back to reality when it was coming to an end?

14. jdiaz1994

jdiaz1994 Kenkyuusei

We can't really be sure about her not being an asset to the group. We know that she isn't participating in handshakes but she could easily be selling merch plus she has had several modeling gigs that could very well build up her fan base and therefore build up support for the group.

15. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Annin seems like dangerously close to graduation for me, too. She still holds on to her position in AKB, but it seems to me like she's really tired, there are times where she has declined Senbatsu due to not being at her best (I don't blame her), she didn't apply for Sousenkyo and I suspect that, like Ricchan, she might be feeling sad and upset for sitting out something that is pretty essential. I'm afraid she could follow the Ricchan way and graduate soon ): Ricchan was pretty unexpected, but with her out, the possibility of Annin staying in the group now seem so slim to me.

Kojiharu is another candidate for graduation. She's a full-fledged model and entertainer with amazing gigs; AKB is just too small for her already, I'm afraid she's getting ready to move on, she's just waiting for the right time to do it... probably with a bang.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  16. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

Annin is important to AKB because she is a rare model type that can get fashion gigs. That's why management wouldn't want her out even if she can't do handshakes or singles because those activities don't help her gain fans or relevance anyway.

17. kirifuda

kirifuda Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Twitter:
    akaihoshi15
    I wonder how Kobayashi Kana feels right now. She's probably past the breaking point now. The poor girl was not even recognized by staff at the handshake event.

Kojiharu is a troll. She is going to stay as long as people keep saying she is next to graduate.
    :lol:

18. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Nyan isn't really trolling. She realizes how big of a moment it is for Takamina's grad to coincide with the 10th anniversary. so she's waiting until that heat dies down so that it's not too much all at once.

Plus, wouldn't it be weird to Nyan and Mina to graduate without Miichan? With Mina going first, it shows that they're looking to go their separate ways.

Nyan is definitely next, though. I think Mii's captain status will keep her around for a while. Then again, I thought the same of Mocchi, and I was very wrong.

As for next to grad after Nyan... I think 2nd gen's days are numbered. Sae and Umeda have a bit of fresh air now with their SKE/NMB gigs, but Kana is rotting in oblivion.

19. parubably

parubably Kenkyuusei

mocchi graduated after her caption position ended, sp that might be one of the reasons. if im not wrong, i recall her saying that she has done her duty as the captain and should pass on to the younger gen members. as for sae, she mentioned this is last sousenkyo, so she might graduate, but not for sure. we had this discussion about sae before, so i guess we're not doing it again.

• Like Like x 1
  20. edwn

edwn Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuisakiko
    After Wakanyan maybe Chisato or Mariyannu.