1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Have any of you lost interest in 48/46G?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Doodleboy, Dec 8, 2016.

?

Have you lost interest in 48 G?

Poll closed Dec 12, 2016.
  1. Yes, I don't follow them anymore.

9 vote(s)
    8.4%
  2. Somewhat. All of my oshis have graduated, but I still follow the group.

19 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. Not really, but I am losing interest.

34 vote(s)
    31.8%
  4. Of course not, I have just as much interest in the group as I did when I started to follow AKB Group

20 vote(s)
    18.7%
  5. No, I've gained more interest than I ever had before.

25 vote(s)
    23.4%
  1. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    Hmm, I never really hard oshied someone in particular. I have liked Sasshi since I found AKB and have voted for her in the 13 senkyo but that's about it. No other money spent.

Keyaki really changed everything for me. Because of Yurina I have bought all 3 singles on itunes and even bought every 3 Type A CD's.
    That's like around 150€. So they finally got me. :^^;:
    Also flying to Japan in April, even more money spent. :whistle:

2. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    I am losing interest in the group because of a combination of many things, most of which a lot of us complain about in a lot of the release threads and member threads or just anything in general. I think music is a big contributor to that. Granted that most of the time, it's hard to make a song that will be a big hit. More often than not, there are more misses than hits that a lot of the songs aren't even memorable at all. Also, the lack of memorable concerts/lives kinda made it stale for the group. There's hardly any creativity in spicing up things in a setlist that it comes to a point where everybody will just wait for announcements. Part of that is when the b-sides get little to no promotion if at all. The calendar of events has been predictable too. There's also management problem but everybody knows that. Another reason would be my favorite members are graduating and if I have favorite members who stayed, I don't have the same commitment as before. If I don't oshi hard then what's the point?

Also, there's other groups whose threads are located at the bottom of the forum. I feel like it's a change of pace seeing some of them perform live and that's the direction I'm going towards. It's one step out of the door but I guess I will keep in touch if anything happens.

Hitomi is my last hope. When she leaves, I'm pretty much done.

3. Macron48

Macron48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    haradaaoi
    I've definitely lost in 48G but I'm all about 46G now, especially Keyakizaka. I got into idols near the end of 2014, beginning of 2015, so Keyakizaka46 is the first 46G/48G idol group (besides NGT) that I've been able to follow from the very beginning so it feels like they are MY group. I've never been excited for any idol group the way I am for Keyaki.

I still watch AKBingo and I still keep up with 48G a little bit but I'm not all that into them anymore. I feel like they need some Grand Shuffle shake-up to make them fresh again.
    Also NGT needs to actually do something.

4. paruchory

paruchory Kenkyuusei

I had a different periods:
    1) Late 2011-2012 understand the group and notice prominent members from all groups, culminated with oshihen my oshi
    after
    2)2013 2015 I stay almost only on my oshi and bigger family event - still following notable pushed members from akb ske nmb hkt and nogi like casual fan

3)2015 2016 (also learned some japanese now) In the last year I still spent most money and time in my oshi but I became also more interested and focalized on my group (I mean akb48 only, loved all the singles this last year) and I started to know better a lot of members (the draft members are really great, Nao, Satopii, Erii are so good! macharin too, Iwatan is full of grace, Sahoo, Ayaka, the great Yuiiri-san and of course all our legends from Mayuyu to Muto to Makotin and all the others) while before I was only on the most prominents from each team. I Still follow all the bigger events from the family, but can't keep myself updated about ngt and keyakizaka and almost let go nmb and ske. And still I have to study about all the team8 members.

anyway how Paruru-sama said: even if you hate akb48... LOL [hehe]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  5. takajuro

takajuro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimanatsuki
    Twitter:
    takajuro
    I got bored of AKB48, its members dont catch my attention, their music is not good...

Now I just love SNH48 and its sister groups.

6. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

Even though I wouldn't say that I like 48 group anymore, I must say that I am still interested in them since they are pretty much a cultural phenomena. But as opposed to the girls, I'm more interested in the business/gimmick related stuff? Like the Kouhaku election was actually really fun for me since it gave us a pretty good look at the actual popularity of the members. It was also really funny watching all the butthurt fans trying to discredit the election cause their favourites tanked.

With regards to my interest in the group, it totally doesn't help that almost all of my favourites have either left (i.e., Tomochin, Chiyuu, Ricchan, Mariyagi, Milky & Paruru) or are neglected in the group (i.e., Dasu, Lovetan, Suuchan, Nattsun, Abemaru). I do like Renacchi and Mion but they are really so lackluster when compared to their seniors. They are just not iconic enough to hold my attention when there are so many better idols out there beyond 48/46 who are more willing to put themselves out there and carve out an identity for themselves. It's like every 48 group girl is just pleasant looking, works hard and then nothing else. There are no characters anymore! When Kojiharu leaves I'll prob drop watching concerts and following their new releases altogether.

I must say that towards the end of 2015 I was really frustrated with 48 group as a whole mostly because of my oshi Milky not making it into AKB senbatsu & not getting to lead a unit in Team B despite ranking in senbatsu at the sousenkyo. At that time, I was really prepared to drop AKB48 from the list of acts that I follow altogether since the music has also been pretty bad since a while before that. In fact, I totally ignored Tsubasa wa Iarana. However, I must say that Love Trip and High Tension were both really good and it got me marginally interested in them again but even then, it's still not at my 2013/2014 level of interest since I don't really care for like half of senbatsu anymore.

As for the AKB theater, while the I used to love the theater since it was a good place to spot new talent, I loss interest in it cause it was pretty much just the same songs over and over again. Also, the theater girls really can't compare to the legends who originally performed those songs, their charisma and personality deprived covers of their seniors' songs are actually a little sad to look at imo. Maybe it'll be better if they had original songs? But idk, they're so void of personality it's no wonder that Aki-P is having a hard time writing for them lol.

As for SKE, I didn't pay attention to any of their release since Rena left. I tried watching their new stage but they're just so blah. I'm just not fond of their new gens at all.

As for NMB, in spite of all my favourites graduating, I was still very interested in them but I must say the shuffle ruined it completely. I was especially mad that they shook up the teams so completely but still retained the former teams' concepts. I can't help but feel like the new teams are a sad, lesser version of the former teams that were so good. I'll only follow Momoka and Sayaka from now on.

HKT is sort of the only group that I can actually say that I like now since I really don't like the rest anymore but it's not that I like them to the extent that I liked AKB when I first got to know about them either. It's just a really casual like now.

7. messhi

messhi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    Am i Late :censored:
    I really really lost my interest in 48G after acchan grad,
    now, only juri make me stand (no juri = boring grup (even thats a variety,concert,etc)[hehe])

For 46G ,from beginning until now,not a single part of them make me interest ;)

46/48 its from aki-p brain,,and the grup just a bit diffrent at some part,,and soo ???
    Its stiil from aki-p brain [hehe]

I would say 46/48g is carrying a new genre and i call it "Aki-p Genre" [hehe]

Many sorry 4 my english :censored::censored::censored:

8. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    After Sae graduates, i'm thinking of finding a new oshi in 48G. But i can't.
    No one interested me as much as she do, i like the Pioneers but that's it. I look at new members and i found nothing but cute face, and before i could fall in love with any of the underdogs they graduated first (Hirary, Karen)

Turned to Nogizaka, but Keyakizaka is the one who finally wins me over. I feel like i've fallen in love again, this time to all 32 of them.

9. Maalat

Maalat Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yagurafuuko
    I lost interest once and got interested again.
    I got into AKB48 (just AKB, wasn't into SGs at the time) around the time Acchan graduated, and lost interest when Mariko graduated. I slowly got interested again after seeing Kibouteki Refrain MV (which I only saw because of Mariko's appearance). But right now I haven't lost interest.

10. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    I have lost interest in the 48/46g once I got back to the states. The Youtube Red blocking really made it more difficult to see new releases. I realized that the company itself doesn't give a crap about people overseas, so why should I? Plus the AKB senbatsu is zzz, the songs are boring compared to this time last year, and I don't like AKBingo as much as I used to. SKE48 is completely underwhelming now, the fact their new album is just a "best of" is worrisome.

I feel like I accomplished a lot in my time as a fan. I saw my favorite group live (SKE48) at TIF and it fulfilled a dream for me. Once I met my favorite members (Nao/Rion) I felt like I could "graduate" from being super otaku. On the flip side, I tried over and over and over to see an AKB48 theater show and couldn't get in once. It was very disheartening! Other idol groups are much more accessible from overseas!

I can't see myself really supporting them anymore as much as I used to.

(Plus, all the new members are just so young. Can't get into them :(.)

11. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    ^ hey man did you check out the song list for the album?
    it's actually pretty dope, and i thought albums are suppose to be "best of's" XD

12. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    I have certainly lost alot of interest in 48 since I got to know 46 better. It is definitely a far cry from back in 2012 to 2013 when all i could think about was AKB48, and then SKE48 in 2014. Now, the only 48 shows I am keen in are the dramas like Majisuka Gakuen ( which was the main reason that attracted me in the first place). My interest in their other shows have somewhat gone stale. I no longer bother to follow their yearly Sousenkyo election. Nowadays, I simply spend my time watching shows like Nogizaka under Construction and Keyabingo, as well as their various music videos and performances. I wished that I had gotten to know Nogi better in their early days, but unlike AKB48, they did not have their own drama until Hatsumori Bemars in 2015.

13. paruchory

paruchory Kenkyuusei

"Plus, all the new members are just so young. Can't get into them :("

@Kinenbi
    Btw just for talk, we have relatively new members not so young but very gifted and at the beginning of their career ( see Nomura Nao, 17yo, or Macharin 20, even hivatan is almost 17)[/QUOTE]

14. Kinenbi

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    I know that there are older members, but I just can't get into the super young ones. It's nothing personal, I just like them a little older. I don't know why I changed, I guess I don't really want to invest all my time in brand new members anymore? o_O

It comes with losing interest in the group, I suppose!

15. GRyuuu

GRyuuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odaerina
    Well I already lost interest in 48group since acchan graduate, so hard to move on from her. But after a while a new team that different from others debuted and that is team 8. After following team 8 since the beginning I realised that beside team 8, nothing else matter and I don't care about any 48G.

Sent from my SM-G313HZ using Tapatalk

16. trxsh

trxsh Member

Wow, same boat here! After I made the trip and went to hs and got the experience, I felt like I really accomplished something. Plus oshi graduating, so I could maybe closed my brief "obsessive wota" chapter, which kind of coincided with some other stuff in my life that I moved on from around the same time as well. Also I'm too busy these days to be as dedicated as before lol.

17. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

FYI, This aint toward you or anything, I've just needed to get this off of my chest for a while now (Just a Pet Peeve I have).

Just find it annoying when overseas fans using Youtube Red as an excuse to say they've lost interested in the 48/46Gs. If you actually (or still) care about the 48/46Gs, you wouldn't let something as stupid as Youtube Red stop you.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Mana

Mana Under Girls

For me, yes I have lost interest in AKB. Not 100% but mostly, yes. I still have favorite members in the group but I'm more here for them as individuals rather than being here for the group. However despite this, I'm still interested in reading discussions about the group as a whole, about the members, etc. I just don't feel like a big AKB "fan". I started to lose interest around mid-2015. that's like 5 years after I got into AKB (end of 2010) so I think it's expected that it would happen...

I got into AKB when they were in their "golden era", my kami-oshi is Acchan. Once she graduated I didn't lose interest in AKB though, I still had fav members and I even found new fav members (Paruru, Sakura, Ricchan, Renacchi, then the next year Naanya too), but most of these girls have now graduated or some will soon graduate... So it doesn't help. Now I have more favorites in the graduated members than in the active members. I still do love some active members but they're mostly old gens (Mayuyu, Yukirin, Sayanee) the younger girls I like are Sakura, Mirurun, Renacchi, mostly sister groups LOL. I only bother to watch AKB's dramas because of these members. I don't watch AKB's variety shows or concerts anymore, same for Lod's. I only watch Lod's for Boku no Taiyou revival and that's because I like the stage, and there was Naanya, but she is soon leaving. So basically it's natural for me to lose interest in this situation. But like I said I still have interest to read or talk about the group... but when it comes to being a fan, it's only for the members that I like, not for the group as a whole anymore.

Besides, back when I got into AKB I loved almost all of their songs and Pv's. Now I can barely find songs and Pv's to love... I can't help it but I really do think that the old AKB is the one I loved and I can't feel the same about the current AKB especially when most girls that I like are leaving or they're old gens. I don't even know if I will stream elections this year (if I don't then it would be the first time I don't stream it live since I got into AKB) I'll probably check for my fav members results... but I don't really feel worried about it or anything, it doesn't make me feel excited like years ago... and a random side-note, but I miss the "concepts" that they had for their singles, like the sakura song (ballad or something "pop-rock") then the summer song (bikini usually) then the election song and then the dark song and then the idol-ish song... I really liked that. or when they had songs for Valentine, Christmas, etc. this was great. I miss the old AKB.

But I do like team 8. I took time to know them a bit more and I like them. I like their songs, and I have favorite members there. I'm not active as a fan though, like I don't know all the members and their names... but I just like team 8 and I want my team 8 favs to do well. and I still love 46 groups although I don't have time to follow them but I keep up with their news, I have favorite members, I love their songs and performances too.

19. Kinenbi

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    Going from living in Japan and being able to actually access them easily, yeah. It is freaking annoying that I have to work extra hard to watch a short version of a PV. For me (personally) it's a turn off. I liked much more last year, so the YouTube Red thing didn't bother me as much.

20. jugglingfreak

jugglingfreak Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    For me, My interest hasn't dropped so much as my access to AKB related stuff has.

A lot of the fan sub site has either disappeared or gone dormant. (Good Enough subs being back has made life better. Very grateful to you, whoever you are.)

I am learning Japanese, but that's not an overnight process (obviously) So I'm still dependent on fan subs. There just doesn't seem to be as many as there was a few years ago. (Again, VERY grateful to those that are still there.)

I guess my appetite for the shows is larger than the subbing community can fill..