1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Have any of you lost interest in 48/46G?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Doodleboy, Dec 8, 2016.

?

Have you lost interest in 48 G?

Poll closed Dec 12, 2016.
  1. Yes, I don't follow them anymore.

9 vote(s)
    8.4%
  2. Somewhat. All of my oshis have graduated, but I still follow the group.

19 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. Not really, but I am losing interest.

34 vote(s)
    31.8%
  4. Of course not, I have just as much interest in the group as I did when I started to follow AKB Group

20 vote(s)
    18.7%
  5. No, I've gained more interest than I ever had before.

25 vote(s)
    23.4%
  1. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    I still like the 48group, because i have kept my habit to check on japanese website, twitter and this forum to get my information on idols.

Because idols is part of japanese culture, i will probably never graduate. I like to practice japanese reading matome and girl's blog.

I'm still on boat because i've took a liking to Keyakizaka. And they have just begun. The journey is just starting.

2. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Just discovered this thread because I barely come on Stage48 (thanks FB groups!)

But yeah, I find myself having a decreased interest. My primary interest since liking them from 2007 (January, holy shit that was a long time ago) and being a super active fan from 2009 onward, there was a point where I used to be on Stage all the time. That's not to say I don't keep up, I definitely listen to everything and such, but for some groups (like HKT or NMB) I just don't care about listening to all the singles anymore, and unless there's a particular song where I'm very blown away I don't find myself going through each single as diligently anymore. There was a point where I would take the time to listen to EVERYTHING multiple times to get a good sense of where I was, but I just don't have that anymore. That being said I still am very into them, haha.

It also helps that I'm much more into the Sakamichi series now. Overall I'd say it went from near-obsession to just plain kamioshi level now. The decrease in activity of the main group definitely also helped.

3. paruchory

paruchory Kenkyuusei

Sorry for being OT but can I ask what you mean?

4. Zerase

Zerase Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    My interest in 48G has only decreased ever since Sakamichi appeared, and the gap is only getting wider. I can't see any appeal in many of the super-hyped new gens and let's not start with the sister groups and their current state

5. mb1619

mb1619 Kenkyuusei

As far as 48G goes I'm nearly gone. I was very into AKB until 2013. At that point the stars aligned to bring Nogizaka46 to my no.1 group. I was one of the few to follow Nogizaka through the early days in 2011/12 but the upturn in the quality of their output, plus my Nogi-oshi Maiyan taking center for the summer single, plus Tomochin graduation tipped the scales.

I thought my interest in AKB could survive Tomochin's graduation, and it did for a while, but I struggled to pick a definitive oshimen successor in 48G . I lost interest rapidly through 2015/16 and now I barely keep up with major news. At the same time my interest in the Sakamichi series groups has gone from strength to strength. All in all I guess my interest is about the same but targeted very differently to when I started following AKB in 2009.

6. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

I never lose interest in Idols in general...

The current international fanboys/girlingdom... in general. That might change a lot of minds... :awesome:

7. Zerase

Zerase Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Maybe we bought a middle-priced car because at the moment it was the only model available in the market so it fullfilled our needs but then the Ferraris and the Lamborghini 46s appeared so we naturally chose the best models instead of driving a car that is clearly full of failures

8. Zerase

Zerase Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Have you listened to any Sakamichi b-sides and compared them to 48 b-sides? And not gonna talk about the A-sides, because no other group comes close to the quality Keyaki has been offering so far. The variety shows 46G offer are described as boring by some people, but the thing is that the girls are actually able to sit for more than one minute without having to interrupt others with their screams and rants. And no, I don't want AKB48 to be burned, I just want them to get rid of all the unnecessary girls they have, specially those who have literally nothing to offer and embarrass themselves being the clowns of the group while the cute ones ultimately take the spotlight for them. All odds were against Nogizaka when they first appeared, with a lot of people laughing at them and mocking them. Look how things have changed, they have managed to achieve things none of the sister groups have managed, if you wanna believe there are no differences between the groups go ahead, but it wont be true

9. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Idols are Idols... only "trufans" see the difference... :hehe:

10. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Don't they share the same writer/producer? :whistle:

Not to mention, song quality=purely subjective, just like all of these opinions. By this logic I can say that I settled for a mid 60's Dodge Dart (48 AND 46 groups) before finally picking out my Lamborghini (Wasamin)

Anyway, I think what @rka is saying is that this thread is to say whether or not people lost interest in the 48/46 groups together, not if you went from one to the other, which some feel is akin to saying "I liked AKB, but now I am into HKT" Also, given the amount of people flocking to this thread just to say that they don't like the 48-groups, but now they are full on "Sakamichi" fans (BTW, I hate that nickname), this is where some people are getting that "elitist" impression from that was discussed in the Keya Thread. I'm not saying that's a fair assessment, and their are plenty of Keya/Nogi fans not doing that at all, but I see where it comes from. It is very similar to when the H!P fans were upset when their fans started jumping ship for AKB. Well, maybe not completely the same, but kinda similar

The way I see it, between 48 and 46 groups, "Same shit, different uniform", but one just happens to be the flavor of the month, while the other is a tired presence.

11. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

46-group fans...the Scientologists of the idol fandom?

12. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    Well... is related with this other comment

13. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I disagree with saying that 48G and 46G are the "same". Sure, they're both idol groups, both with lots of girls, same producers (though that doesn't mean that they get the same type of songs) etc. but they're not the same. For example AKB has theater stages which is one of the most important thing for the group. 46G doesn't have that. For example when a new group debuts in 48G they are automatically promoted inside of AKB. 46G keep their groups separated. 48G are more focused on fanservice, "girl-next-door" image. 46G have more of a "classic beauty" image (lots of them are exclusive models for magazines). etc. There are many things that separate both groups and that's why they attract different type of people. and the members' personnalities/visuals/appeal (or anything else) play a big part in their popularity. For example, Techi being a great center attracted lots of people to become fans of Keyaki. That is something 48G might not have right now, since they don't have a regular center or face of the group. 46G's songs are also different than 48G. I mean, I can make the difference.

It's to each his own, some people will prefer one over the other, personally I think both sides have some good things and some less good things. I don't think it's wrong for someone to say that they lost interest in 48G and became interested in 46G. If I go from being a Yuko fan to a Maiyan fan (it's just a random example) then yes I lost interest in 48G and became interested in 46G. it's as simple as that.

But anyway it's kinda expected that some people would answer in this thread "yes I lost interest in AKB but I like 46 groups now". I mean, if someone completely lost interest in AKB and didn't get into 46 groups, then they most likely wouldn't come to this forum anymore, and they wouldn't see this thread, or post here. So yes most of the people who will answer "yes" to the question are those who switch to be 46G fans and still come to s48 because of 46G.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  14. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    If I see one more post arguing about 48x46...Imma make a thread

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

15. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

^And I will move ALL post over there... :v:

Oh wait... wrong forum website. :^^;:

16. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Anyone who has followed multiple idol groups would suddenly lose interest on 48/46 someday. That's literally me. You know you're bored with the 48/46 groups when you start mentioning other idols.

17. Zerase

Zerase Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Okay, let's answer this one by one

1. would you think that all these Keya-A-sides would be less good if they would be performed by any other group?

Absolutely, no other group would have done a better job with Silent Majority on their debut single. Now, after years of experience, maybe AKB and NMB could do a decent job with it, but it's not fair to compare a debut group to an already experienced one. And there is a reason why Aki-P has decided to give Keyaki those songs, if he knew the other groups could pull them he would have given the songs to the other groups

2. Can you name 10 "unnecessary girls" (or 10 cute ones) you would like to get rid of

You asked 10 so I'll give you ten: Izuta Rina, Oya Shizuka, Miyazaki Miho, Nakamura Mariko, Minegishi Minami, Miyabi Ino, Kitazawa Saki, Takita Kayoko, Sato Kiara and Team 8 sans Yuiyui

3. Why do you think that "all odds were against nogizaka"?

Because they debuted at the height of AKB's popularity, and they were given bland songs with embarrassing costumes, while being labelled as AKB's rivals directly, something that at the time made them look like losers

18. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    @rka may I?
    So, what does Sakamichi do better?
    Probably everything, if I'm to be frank.

Is the current sakamichi better than the 48 group in any of their phase? If 48G is fixing their "car full of failures", can it be made great again?
    Don't know what you mean by any of their phase. If you mean any group, yes I would say so. Of course they can, why not?

You know, on the very surface, both groups feature cute girls doing cute things in similar tv shows, who perform very similar songs in very similar costumes.
    Disagree with the similar TV shows (generally) very similar songs (strongly) and very similar costumes (strongly).

If you would compare it to a distant enough reference outgroup (say: Blink 182), there would be no measurable difference.
    Or you could, you know, compare them with each other? I don't see why anyone would use Blink182 as a frame of reference for idol groups. This is reaching.

It is the same as - back when sister groups were still a thing - people endlessly debating which group was the proper one to follow, but not realizing that their expert talk / fan lingo was only relevant to themselves, and that normal people would never ever get the difference between SKE and NMB, for example.
    Yes, it seems the same. I remember those days. I remember being a fan and I remember the general public not knowing the difference.
    I used to expect people to think that Nogizaka was like another SG but since late 2015 early 2016 this has taken a huge turn.
    I talk about being an idol fan a lot and pretty much every time I do, "general public", "no interest in idols" Japanese people tell me that they know how Nogizaka has:
    Better music, better singers, better dances, prettier girls and a cleaner image.
    These are people who don't even know what an SKE is.
    Maybe it's a false perception but these are outsiders too and a lot of them disagree with you.

Watching the community from a more and more outsider's perspective, it appears to me that the current 46 hype is based on group think rather than real differences between the groups.

From your perspective Sakamichi is the same as another SG so you see these as being the same as the SG. But it's wrong.
    By refusing to acknowledge the prevailing view that they're different as a genuine opinion but rather seeing it as delusion or fickleness you deny yourself the chance to see the situation from anyone's perspective but your own.

For example, SaiMajo was definitely a turning point, but i guess the production team could have given this song to ANY group (or any random mix of 16 members across all groups) and it would have been still great.
    Judging by HKT and NGT's covers of the song, I'm not so sure. Let's not even get into SNH's (though HKT's was only marginally better, to be honest).
    Even the Dream Team was 80% of the original quality, at best.

• Like Like x 2
  19. TheFamily

TheFamily Kenkyuusei

Fixed:whistle:

20. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Rubbish. Give any of the 48-groups the same training, rehearsal time and investment that K46 and they'd have done as good or better. This idea that K46 members are better because they're K46 members is delusional.

I guess the truism that 46-group fans are not interested in personality is accurate and pretty, bland un-genki wallflowers are preferred.

Again, this is just plainly fallacious and dissembling. Nogi had the massive investment and influence of Sony behind them plus Aki-P at the height of his powers on concepts and lyrics, and all of this at the height of the idol boom. There was no way they could lose.

You hit the nail right on the head there. For years Sony (and the members themselves) portrayed them as whiter than white and complete Debbie Do-Rights and goody-two-shoes who only did "classy" gravure because they were "refined ladies" but when there's filthy lucre to be made from expensive photobooks they finally whipped out their ass-cracks and cleavage just like those muggles from AKB.