1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Have any of you lost interest in 48/46G?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Doodleboy, Dec 8, 2016.

?

Have you lost interest in 48 G?

Poll closed Dec 12, 2016.
  1. Yes, I don't follow them anymore.

9 vote(s)
    8.4%
  2. Somewhat. All of my oshis have graduated, but I still follow the group.

19 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. Not really, but I am losing interest.

34 vote(s)
    31.8%
  4. Of course not, I have just as much interest in the group as I did when I started to follow AKB Group

20 vote(s)
    18.7%
  5. No, I've gained more interest than I ever had before.

25 vote(s)
    23.4%
  1. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Things are in rebuild mode for AKB and it's not a big secret that they are using the SG to boost their sales to continue grabbing that million title.

And during rebuild mode there are suppose to be setbacks and regressions which as a fan I am already expected to see for the next 3-4 years. So I'm just observing how low things are gonna get to but I believe there will be a point where there is a bounce back and resurgence. That is the continuity life force of AKB48 is in it's ability to self-regenerate, and the thing is it takes time, so being patient and positive is the key. The focus I imagine the management see in is their young potential stars and how to properly develop them. Such as we see now giving them songs, concert, new producer stages designated to them, bingo appearances, magazine photoshoot highlights and shea etc. These are the new things I am seeing the management is going and I am happy we are doing that.

Sure...I guess at this point you won't change your mind at all on that and I'm tired too in convincing you, so remember every time if you are gunna use that somewhere to support your argument in what ever topic I will be there to click that disagree button lol

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

@Trinu
    The catch here that I find in visualizing management plan from outsider viewpoint is:
    -Nearly all 48G "not-named 1st gen" audition main goal, first and foremost, is to fill the team quota/theater roater. To make them stars in showbiz is secondary and only achievable for few girl from that gen with initial popularity traction as long as resource permit. Once again, few of them.

-Why 1st gen audition is excluded?
    Because their main goal is to debut. At least someone/more than one of them has to be recognizable face in showbiz. Hence the strong push and exposure for half of them as the group brand ambassador. Stronger than even their other half and later their successor gen. Once again, half of them.

I mean, for the awesomeness of SKE 8th gen overall, they won't put as much money on them as STU 1st gen. Right, @marioworldakb ?:fear:

-I lost my source on this, but prior to Nogi 3rd gen debut reveal, it is already announced that they will collaborate with multiple magazine to feature each of them on their page/cover. Might explain the explosion. Once again, each of them.

We're probably looking at dream/reality stuff though. Yet, I personally have convinced that what was "More is merrier" has become "More is messier". Especially when we all know the group priority graces only few.

3. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

if they could send girls to Mars....i am sure AKI-P will keep expanding new SG to keep his million sales streak :)

4. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    In contrary, I think they keep creating new sister groups to keep the sale. All old 48 groups have decreasing fandom even if they do not create any new group. With the new groups like NGT and STU, at least they can gain some local fans who were not familiar with 48 concept.
    Though, the use and push sister groups are unhealthy. They are blended into AKB to keep the million sale. Many joint activities from AKB side are also more attractive. Hence, fans rather buy AKB stuffs than the SG group releases, particularly for the endless popularity competitions. AKB is draining sister group sale and making them weaker. In turn, SGs invade AKB singles and block the spotlights on AKB home-grown members. At the end of the day, SGs and AKB are more dependent on each other. Both become weaker. And a new group is created to attract some local fans to cover the loss...

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

While I do hope that they are indeed in that rebuild mode in mind, I just don't see enough.
    Three or four years is A LOT in idol times. Many girls even stay in the groups a lot less than that, so is that even a smart plan?

The moment I see new stages across the board and we stop seeing the nth revival of RESET, I'll believe they want to rebuild the brand.

Throwing a center to a new girl and giving her a bland song like SKE is doing is not gonna fly, IMO.
    They really have to put their money where their mouth is.

I agree.
    The thing is, coming after a group's first gen shouldn't be seen as a consolation prize or anything.

As long as they get to do some work regularly (recording, filming, photoshoots, blablabla), they should be fine. And at that, the SG treat their girls a lot better than AKB.
    Being an official cover group isn't much different from joining an underground idol group, IMO.

There is only so much work they can give to the nth SG, so keeping the girls happy in the theatre should be one of their aims as well.

True, they can reach new places.
    I think some girls in STU said they couldn't be idols if it weren't for STU, and that's quite nice.

From AKB's POV, it doesn't seem like the new groups are adding a lot.
    Jabaja sold more or less the same (according to Oricon) than Kibouteki Refrain, and we didn't have NGT nor STU back then.
    So I think the new groups aren't really adding new fans, but... maybe keeping the old ones whose oshi is leaving/has left?
    It's smart, but not ideal. They need new fans.

Isn't this whole talk off-topic though? :^^;:

6. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

I agree. Overshadowed gen then.
    I was gonna say blame AKS management.

That's my opinion before D3. Post-D3, after I saw the very same fandom who constantly voiced their member didn't get much works, has the nerve to draft 17 more girl to make competition harsher, well.....

"Reap what you sow".

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

In AKB's case, I understand the fans' decision.

AKS let the teams be so depleted they could barely functio. And the 16th gen wasn't enough to fill in the gaps.
    Sure, the Team 8 kennins solve the problem nicely, but just in case they want to revoke them at some point... better get a whole new big gen, hence D3.

I think most of the groups' fans behaved, except for NMB's.
    But even the Namba girls have to understand how it's supposed to work: three full teams and the KKS to under.

Anyway!

I feel like, for a group that has tried to do things differently (theatres, HS, SSK, Janken, etc.), I feel like the 48G is falling into the usual "Get as many #1 as possible!"

Heck, I would scrap one more release from the SG.
    Funnel the songs to original stages for the teams and just release one mini-album a year with senbatsu, team songs, a couple of units and that's it.

They are currently offering a lot more than the fans are demanding.

8. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

May Yoshimoto and their Yakuza never read your post. jk.

Why not from AKB? They got 4 single+1 album per year. Plenty to salvage from.

You know what I'm seeing here? Greed.

That's why for all the content mothership has provided recently, average stage48 user still think AKB members got the short end of stick.

9. Mana

Mana Under Girls

For the low sales of NMB, NGT etc. keep in mind that there's elections soon, so this might be why some fans are not spending on sister group singles and save money for elections to vote for their favs. and for the audition numbers, it's not surprising that more people audition for Nogi now, they are the current top girl group in Japan, besides their image is a lot more "classy" and "proper" (to the public) so any girl who wish to be a celebrity can join.

About the discussions of having more auditions and adding new girls this year, I really hope they don't... we are in April, and so far, not many girls announced graduation and I don't think any group is lacking members right now. Honestly I barely learn any new name in the past months/years and I think it's the same with most fans (and the public), adding more girls is not helping. Sure it helps the sales for AKB, but this is the reason why they keep debuting sister groups, because sister groups can have their own singles + do handshakes for AKB. it's like debuting one girl and she brings sales for 2 groups. so of course they keep debuting sister groups and keep putting the sister groups members in AKB, it's all about making the most benefit. Since we already have STU for new group, I don't think they need to add any new generation, especially not to AKB when we just got 16th gen, Draft 3, and Team 8, these girls are all still new and fresh.

Lastly for the stages, I don't think management is interested to produce new ones, they already barely make efforts to pick good songs for AKB's singles and albums. it's obvious they focus on Sakamichi right now, this might also be why they accept the Produce48 deal and send the most popular 48G girls there, like they prefer to let the show make 48G girls popular, since management can't be bothered to invest or give enough attention to AKB anymore (and AKB kinda turned to a mess in recent years with too many members being added, big names leaving, and decline of popularity).

Besides when you think about it, yes the old stages get tiring, but in the end if you like a new member, you're always interested to see her try some of those classic old songs. For example Moeka of Draft 3 got my interest and I'm looking forward to see her debut at the theater, and I'm thinking of which stage songs she could perform, and it's exciting. of course it might get tiring when a girl perform all the stages for years. but honestly this isn't an issue to me anymore. I realized stages can stay good and fresh as long as the members who perform it can make it look good and fresh. sadly most of the time, the revivals are kinda boring, but there are cases where a stage revival or a special stage (mix of songs) are really enjoyable because of the line-up performing it. and while the new Team A stage was really good (nice songs/dances, nice outfits etc.) but sometimes it wasn't that enjoyable to see (lack of energy) so again it depends more on the members than the songs to me.

• Agree Agree x 1