1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Hirate Yurina (Techi) / Keyakizaka46 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    I could definitely see Techi pull a Yamaguchi Momoe in the future. She's a master at keeping her private life to herself anyways.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

Did you read her last year Vivi interview? She totally forgot her marriage deadline lmao She said she will do it when the time's coming. She didnt show any desire nor rejection towards this thing, somehow like what will be will be (sooooo Techi). Then she need to meet her lover first Some (a lot) BBA fans said they only feel relieved towards her retirement after they see she gets marriage. Such typical Japanese women's mindset but I'm also on their sides. I would love to know she will meet a guy (or girl) she loves so much.

3. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    @miyabi I read parts of it here and there. I was just reminiscing younger Techi, which was kind of cute in her beliefs back there lol
    Honestly I hope she already met someone... not necessarily her "last" someone, but a lover and a friend nonetheless.

4. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

@Dill it's kinda funny some fans comment that Techi might go out with someone whenever she appears so iroke and feminine. About your hope, she already become friend with Somegoro. He comes that far, from Hirate-san/Techi-san to only Techi. Techi said she liked MJ and I couldnt help thinking that Somegoro was the one who showed her how wonderful MJ was.

A "random" guy keeps telling his idea type is a short hair girl who can't lie and always communicate her thought to him in straight way. He dont care about age gap as long as this girl has short cut. I almost forgot his existence until this last month interview

5. Tenote

Tenote Kenkyuusei

Of course if a woman is feminine and even has sex appeal it must be in relation to a male ugh I hate this obsolete mentality, totally not funny imo

Are you referring to itagaki? He sounds like a fanboy lol what does age gap have to do with it though? The only one with age gap who comes to my mind is matsumura hokuto (sixtones), a big keyaki fan and techi oshi. Fans of either group think techi and him are alike and guess what: he said that he would like a girl similar to himself hehe there’s a little age gap between them but who cares!
    At least I want them to act in a movie together ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Techi barely ever remembers her life deadlines such as marriage lmao. I think she said it back then just because 20 sounded so far away, for a girl that thinks "future" is "tomorrow", 6 years must be like a lifetime :lol:

I was sooooo happy when I knew Techi and Somegoro became good (or close) friends. I mean I know that they know each other and Somegoro is a huge Techi oshi, but I didn't know they are that close until ViVi. They seem to understand and able to connect with each other in various ways and it's so rare to meet someone with the same wavelength. Somegoro is also someone with a huge burden on his back, being duped as "genius" and responsible for keeping his family tradition. Hope she continues to meet more people. I'm excited about her (future) interaction with Za Faburu cast. Someone that I really want Techi to meet is Yonezu Kenshi and Aimyon, for me their vibe is similar and each possesses a unique worldview.

7. Tenote

Tenote Kenkyuusei

@DelicateEmpress I think she said that because of yamaguchi momoe whom she’s compared to. Glad she changed her mind.

Techi and kenshi yonezu are both introverts so I assume they wouldn’t talk to each other lol idk about aimyon

8. asakuraikun

asakuraikun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Inori / Ten / Tamami
    I believe it's like was said before, for a 14-year old girl six years probably sounded really far away. It's slightly different to Momoe Yamaguchi in the sense that marrying was not her sole reason for her farewell, but also the struggles with her father and she not liking singing the same songs on her live concerts - marrying could probably be postponed if she wanted to enjoy a few more years (HoriPro would love it). Other two famous Momoe fellows, Junko Sakurada and Mori Masako followed the exact same path, but they choose to make it a bit later in their careers.

I believe Techi won't leave the industry soon, because she seems to be a kind of person who constantly needs to express herself through art, and I think that's a force that will keep her around for a while. How long will this "while" be? God knows. Probably not even Hirate knows...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  9. DelicateEmpress

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Many thanks to TMI for the translation.
    Techi says she started presenting akip snow globe and music box as bday present, as she thought that he probably could easily get expensive and tasty stuff. Te thinks she only starts properly listen to RADWIMPS from kimi no nawa, and watch their live when they do the opening act for Coldplay. Yorijo (the lead vocal) first recognize Techi from saimajo, he also told akip that it's a good song. People his age are singing and dancing the song in karaoke. Apparently Yojiro is good friends with AkiP.

Techi feels grateful to akip, and she feels like she could trust him, and sees him in a fatherly like figure. but there is also a youth (shounen) feeling from him. Aki-P contacted Yojiro saying that he looks forward to the radio. AkiP gives high praise to her like, "she's the kind of prodigy that will never appear again". Techi went out with akip for a meal the other day, and she asked akip how Yojiro is like. he told her that he is a kind person and often visited his place, and says that he will pass it on to him that she's a shy person (he did).

She usually spends her time fiddling with her phone, like watching youtube, watching other people's work like MV, making videos, various all kinds of other videos. Te says that akip is p much the only person still replies to her after midnight, and the two of them discuss how he's like never sleep. Te has an interest in writing lyrics. but she finds it difficult, like trying to have the courage, to put her feelings into words and exposing it out in the open. Apparently Te and akip interaction started by making daily diary exchange. It's trivial stuff like this happens today, I met this person today. Then when she gets used to it, she would even take a pic of a lizard she finds and sends it to him

Te talks about how there isn't really a time where she feels fun, she also thought about what "fun" is in the first place. She does enjoy the time when producing work or conversing with various creators. Te says that she doesn't have friends. More like, she doesn't know what categorizes someone as a "friend". And if she thinks of them as a "friend", they might not think of her as one. Te says while she has never written lyrics before, she felt that the things she has been expressing so far have been difficult to express unless the lyrics are linked to her in some way. When there is something that resonates with her, she could 'enter' it more. There are people who call her their friend, and that made her feel really happy about it, to know that they consider someone like her their friends. Te says that she's not good at speaking, and she feels worried that her words might hurt someone. She felt that words are particularly important to her

Yojiro likes Yamanotesen, and Techi is surprised that he knew about that song, that song has a high vocal key, but now her voice has become low. she can't reach the usual female vocal key. When she received a solo song, she sings it half a tone? lower. It's not like doesn't want to sing again... a lot of people around her have been asking her about it though. She doesn't think of herself as particularly good dancing, or that she likes it. Her feelings of lack of confidence and that she's not good at it are bigger. That's why when watching videos at lat night, she thought about how they are many amazing people out there. Every time she performs, she always feels a sense of remorse that she could've done better

Te doesn't use SNS so she doesn't know how other people see her. Yojiro asked if she knew that she's loved, te shyly turns it down. Te talks about how idols usually have a center who is visually cute, or have a loveable character, and she's neither of it, so she even asks akip directly that he chooses her not because she's cute, and think that she would never be chosen if it's "cute". Te knows that there are people who say that she doesn't have pro consciousness, and it made her feel worried for a time. She thought about what "pro consciousness" is, and she wondered if it's different from person to person. She decided not to worry too much about it

She looked up what "idol" is and found idol as in the one in religious symbol and that spooked her and made her think a lot. She also thought about what would happen if she continues to rely on AkiP. There was a time where she got asked what they would do if AkiP died, and that really stabs at her. Yojiro jokingly said that akip will probably live for another 80 years, and Te agrees. Talking about the possibilities that they might do a collaboration in the future. Techi said that akip already talks to her about that possibility, and how he looks forward to seeing what Yojiro would produce.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I think this radio session actually reveals a lot of things. Techi is still as caring and gentle as ever and loves to give presents to people around her. Techi represents the motto "my heart is in the work" really well lol, as cheesy as it may sound. Yet it also pains me whenever we have a peak into Techi's insecurities. It's nothing new that Techi's basically her own biggest anti, girl couldn't find a single good thing to say about herself, whether it's looks, personality, or performance. I still remember her interview where she said she wouldn't want to befriend Hirate Yurina because she's no fun. And she always scares that she might accidentally hurt others when in fact she's hurt the most. Her being a perfectionist too. It's good if used as a motivation but not if she constantly pressuring herself over it. Also girl, you're so cute and beautiful that fans actually put your photos into frames and display them. I still remember telling my friend how with that beauty, Techi must be soooooo popular at school even if she doesn't say or do anything. My friend wholeheartedly agreed.

I'm surprised that Yojiro knows about Yamanotesen as well. Judging from how Techi's struggling with the higher register more than most other girls, there's some chance that she might indeed be a mezzo-soprano. I hope she'll be given songs that showcase her mid and low register when she finally releases her debut single. Techi said before (ROJ 2019 I think) that she wanted to try writing lyrics but wouldn't reveal it right away lol. It'll be amazing if she writes her own lyrics for her solo debut or even writing for other artists. She has an amazing view of things so I'm very excited. I'm also excited for that "possible" Techi-RADWIMPS collaboration, it'll give Techi some good exposure.

One thing that I'm kinda conflicted about is Techi's dependent on Aki-P. Don't get me wrong, I adore their father-daughter relationship and glad there's someone to guide her. But Aki-P has become her emotional support? And Techi has thought about it too. Maybe Techi's even closer to Aki-P than him with Takamina or Acchan? Maybe I'm just reading into it too much. It's understandable that Techi really respects Aki-P since he's one of the first and few adults that actually listen to what she says. We must also remember that there're also other adults that Techi relies on, such as Takahiro-sensei, Keiko (she just gave birth to a baby girl!), Techi teams etc. Hmn, I just want Techi to have more confidence in herself, her self-esteem is incredibly low. Could someone who knows Japanese write an email to S&F asking them to open a mail corner for Techi so that Techi oshis can send their letters to her?

P/s: also #友梨奈ちゃん and #平手友梨奈 are on trending. Apparently both Aki-P and Techi call her Yurina

Edit:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  10. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    @DelicateEmpress thank you for your post. After Tmi posted her translation INTL fans went in a uproar and I got more angry than usual. Your perspective on the radio show and Techi herself helpd me a lot.

But let me say this:
    For any new Techi fan who may pass by and for those who aren't fans but will end here anyway, just know Techi relationship with Akip is not new. It goes on since years and it may not be the most healthy relationship even, and God knows Akip surely is not the best man around, but it works for Techi and who are we to judge her or - worse - pity her?
    Worry comes natural to me like smiles, so I honestly worry about this since day one and 100 pages ago more or less, but what makes me mad is the way people read her words or watch the documentary and pity her.
    You have no right to.
    No one of us does.
    As fans we should respect and love and support her but never treat her like she's a damsell in distress and we her freaking knights. Nor presume her needs.
    As Techi Oshi we may pushed so much mngmnt thought they couldn't take Techi off the center position; but antis pushed so much too they made a MV about it and Techi spoke against them. No one of us today has the right to pity a young woman who went through the last 4 years like Techi did.
    We should respect her more, if anything.
    And while this unbalanced relationship goes on, like DE said up here, Techi has other adults in her life, some of which we don't know about because they are part of her staff and not public figures.
    We need to believe in her as human begin and respect her as such, because Techi herself seems to not know how to do that.
    I think this would be the bigger present we may ever give her.

This said...
    I had forget she was interesting in writing songs. It may be a new talent we are gonna discover, but I won't mind if it's not immediately. I feel every step she takes is carefully shaped and everything will come at the right time.. or so I hope lol
    Since Shida started having her own radio show I also hope one day we are gonna get our Techi and her Pippi back together, even if briefly. That would be a blast.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Tenote

Tenote Kenkyuusei

@Dill you put it so well.

I’ve seen such extreme reactions implying that akip is grooming her and that she should get therapy wtf I guess people are so used to negative things, that they fail to see the good in people. Akip has been supporting her both artistically and on a personal level, we should be glad that techi has someone like him to rely on.

Hope you don’t mind me sharing a little personal story.
    I was close to a teacher in highscool, and people thinking weirdly of it made me uncomfortable. He knew about my complicated family dynamics and my struggles with anxiety, so he offered me support. We stayed in touch after graduating, and he never said or done anything remotely inappropriate. Not every man is a creep, there are genuinely good men out there.
    I hope techi won’t be made to feel uncomfortable about a relationship that helps her.

On another note, many people can relate to techi’s insecurities, but it can get better. I hope maturity will bring her confidence.
    I’m excited at the prospect of reading techi’s own lyrics someday. Finger crossed!
    I like how she questions things such as “friendship”, “professionalism” etc. I find the way she stands up for herself and what she believes in, despite pressure and criticism, pretty admirable. I wish baby otter could see herself through our eyes cause she deserves the world <3

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    Twitter fans are once again being obnoxious. First and foremost, Techi sounded content and enthusiastic, that's the important part. Her being confident enough to finally appear on a radio program is good news as well. Of course, we got some self-deprecating remarks, but that's Techi's business as usual, nothing new here.

Now, addressing the elephant in the room. What is she supposed to say about Aki-P? It's a given, that she'll always express her gratitude and respect and so on. I mean, he sorta got her a job and evidently continues to do so. Speaking of Aki Creep and other more complex insinuations, if Hirate openly talks about their relations, it must have a big meaning to her. I seriously doubt if something of that sort is/was happening she'd be willing to talk freely about how they shared a dinner together.

Let's chill, nobody needs that white knight fighting to bring justice shit now. Just let her live her life.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. DelicateEmpress

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Things has blown up more than I expected. On one hand, I don't want Techi to (once again) feels that her words are twisted by people and that people close to her are attacked because of her. She outright said the main reason why she stops speaking out is that her words are always taken out of context and twisted. Last thing we want is Techi stops sharing anything at all. On the other side, I get why people are worried because emotion and power abuse are so damn common everywhere (unfortunately). (Not about Techi's case here) Most of the time the victims don't realize how they're being manipulated because they respect the other figure so much. With Techi and Aki-P, their large age gap, incredible off-balance in power and experience, Aki-P's past actions and beliefs etc would honestly tick lots of people the wrong way. One thing for sure, whatever happens, Techi has never been and never will be responsible for anything in this matter.

Since I'm not Japanese, meaning everything I received is through translation, and that I don't personally know Techi and Aki-P or anyone close to them, I could only be worried but still hope my worry is just me being obnoxious. I know Techi's sleeping schedule is very messed up, if I remember correctly Techi shared before that she'd stay up very late past midnight. Also, the only thing she like doing in her free time is finding inspiration for her work. When she was in Keyaki, she basically spent her time trying to come up with new ideas for Keyaki concept, lives, MV and so on. She has never revealed any other hobby. And when she finds something interesting, she'd text it to staffs and Aki-P (basically people she's close with and have the power to make it come true) to discuss. It is very possible that the midnight texts only revolves around work. She's enthusiastic about anything that involves creating arts.

HOWEVER, I do think Aki-P should have not answered it and leave it until the next day. Him being a father figure to her doesn't mean there are no more boundaries to keep. Sometimes I wonder about Techi's relationship with her parents. We know she's close to her brother but he lives in Aichi while she's living in Tokyo by herself. She's a kid with lots of "strange" ideas and not everyone could accept that. Being accepted by Aki-P (and several other adults around her) must be a big thing for her and that's totally understandable. But when she appears so stressed and worn out, she should have been pulled back by adults and not continuously pushed to the edge for the artistic value. I find that very manipulative and irresponsible on the adults side. I don't know Techi's relationships with people around her, but I hope she's not emotionally over-dependent on anyone. I don't want her to get hurt.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Tenote

Tenote Kenkyuusei

@DelicateEmpress whatever techi says and does, it sparkles controversy. If I were her, I wouldn’t share anything anymore. If she were to feel guilty about people close to her being bashed because of her, that would be sad.

It’s only natural to feel concerned, the problem arises when people grab pitchforks and go for someone.
    I heard akip works during the night, so it makes sense that he’d reply to her texts. Besides, whether you’re excited about something or worried, it’s nice to have someone reply right away, unless you prefer them not to, of course.

I don’t think akip was the one to push her beyond her limits, it were higher ups such as konno imo. I recall techi saying akip had allowed her to take time off in order to focus on hibiki and clear her mind. It was never mentioned/implied that he had asked her to stay or come back to the group. She returned on her own accord because she wanted to “give back to keyaki”.

Akip is not the only adult she gets along well with, she’s close to takahiro, keiko kitagawa, sho tsukikawa, her manager, makeup artist and staff we’re not aware of. People didn’t make a fuss about her visiting tsukikawa’s house, did they? What’s wrong with akip then? I don’t know him too well, but he was the only one to help yamaguchi maho out, he can’t be that terrible.

• Like Like x 1
  15. techizaka

techizaka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oozono Rei
    All veteran 48G fans knows Aki-p has a good relationship with his idols so I wouldnt worry about it too much. Sure he does favoritism but most of the idols he worked with have nothing but respect for him. And he worked with +100 young girls in his whole career but there's never been a story of misconduct and harassement about him

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    I'm more worried that Techi can't share a quiet moment or coffee with anyone (never mind it being Aki-p)

Thank you for saying this. Due process is still a thing, innocent until proven guilty and not the other way around.

While I myself am very wary of Aki-P, the guy has been around for a long time in the industry, and if Techi picks his brain regularly for ideas and things, it can only be a good thing, especially now that she is essentially a solo artist.

We think of Techi as a fragile little girl, but she is smarter and stronger than that. Give her a little credit. That girl has been through a lot, and she is still here. Girl has heart, that's for sure.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

Aki-P read comments on net after the radio and explain some including reason why he calls her Yurina and exchange diary at Speakeasy last night. His action makes me feel more angry towards the people who keep twisting Techi's words.

They do NOT exchange diary, they send line regularly and it seems like exchanging diary and Aki-P call her Yurina because he want to talk in truthly / seriously way (he used the word 本当 to her.

If you dont like her enough, may you stop forcing the way she lives? She seldom show herself because she's afraid her words will be twisted and then the rare event she did radio happened, you attacked the one she's close by using her words. I don't know how hurtful Aki-P feels, he might get used to be hated but Techi's definitely heartbroken if she knows about those reaction.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. DelicateEmpress

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    *sigh* now I'm tired. I thought Aki-P's explanation would ease people's worries (if they're actually worried about Techi) but seems like people (mostly international fans) are just nitpicking and directing Techi+Aki-P+Sasshi' words for the worse to fit their (people) narratives. Do they want to see her suffer that much? Now "Techi" and "Hirate" search are filled with people twisting their relationship while the Japanese side is mostly peaceful. I heard some people saying that Aki-P has insomnia too so he could only sleep for a few hours and then stay up the whole night working, which kinda implies everyone is likely to get their replies even at late night (the insomnia thing is unconfirmed and was on the later part of the radio so I don't have the text). For once I'm glad Techi doesn't know English nor have SNS. But since her name was on trending yesterday, probably her staff or someone already told her about it.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  19. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    I hate to be that guy but isn't it insomnia? ;) peace, @DelicateEmpress

Its not uncommon for the highly successful, workaholic older men to not sleep normally. Vince McMahon, the WWE Chairman, is said to only sleep 1-2 hours a day, maybe Aki-P is the same? You have to be a little bit insane to be that immersed in work and maybe, to them, their work is their life. Some are wired differently like that.

What worries me about all this is Techi having to walk on eggshells, to be so careful and mindful of everything she says and does, because even an innocent little thing she says (about the doc, for example) gets blown WAAAAY out of proportion, and mostly with a negative spin. Techi ain't made of glass. Not saying she doesn't want support or what-not, but as I said, she is stronger than what most people think.

There's a fine line between being worried or protective and being overly obsessed, nitpicking every minute detail and looking for skeletons and ghosts in every single place.

There are good and bad people in Techi's world, and its not all cut and dry, there are gray areas. Techi has to experience them all, as this will shape her in her later years as she continues to be the transcendent artist that she is.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    There were most definitely Japanese people also responding negatively to what Techi said. Do you really think Aki-P would have said anything if it was just international fans throwing a fit? International fans have no impact whatsoever in Techi's career.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1