1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Hirate Yurina (Techi) / Keyakizaka46 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

@hakushuoka I just wanna say Thank you for bring up this topic again because I also want to recall it.

I know most of people who complain about Aki-P / Techi relationship dont read her long interview but I hope they find her ROJ2020 and read it to know that:

1. She DOESNT have only Aki-P by her side. There are still Hirate-team including her manager, staffs who are always there to support her. Techi said there was time she felt like confused about her role and she called her manager everday.

2. Aki-P dont totally spoil her, he also scolded her so hard till the point she could only respond by saying sorry (and I think he was right for scolding her that time)

Techi interview in Rockin on Japan this year is totally worth to read. Before someone point their finger to Aki-P and use unilaterally negative words to define their relationship, please to read her words more instead of saying things via the impression created by yourself.

Techi said she think herself like alien so She was very happy to see someone who treat her as normal human being. Till now, I read some of her interviews and NOT one had me to think She is a depressed/edgy kid who have only one old man to depend on or need to be treated as mentally sick girl. There are still moments she is up and down but she's met a lot of adults who take care and support her to overcome those hard events. Aki-P plays an extermely important role in her life - but he is not the only one.

Btw, I think he treat Techi same as Sashihara - someone as his successor (but in another field). He really act like her teacher.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. heatsignature

heatsignature Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Why does everyone assume that the people that don't approve of the Aki-P situation are ignorant of the situation and are just angry mobs? I've read these interviews and my opinions are different, many of the people who are also Techi fans are the same. Yeah I was annoyed that the topic was brought up again because the comment just complained about the other opinions without adding anything substantial to the convo imo.
    Regardless of my personal opinions of Aki-P, I just think it's unprofessional that her boss facilitates the blurring between her work and personal life balance. Techi's a workaholic and perfectionist, so constantly being in contact with her boss just seems like the perfect recipe for overwork and stress.
    That Techi looks upon their relationship positively is a good thing, but worrying about an idol isn't abnormal fan behavior or as many of you guys keep saying that it's "babying Techi." Especially when mental health is taken so lightly in Japan and we've seen Techi's struggles through the years. Regardless if this was a convo between two men, regardless if we didn't have the large age gap, I simply don't think that this is a healthy relationship between two professionals. That's my personal conclusion, but I understand if people don't view the situation as the same.

Anyways, look at the last few pages of this thread, it's like five of you guys just complaining about International Twitter fans... it's just an echo chamber of the same opinion. Quite frankly, the opinions of international fans won't affect Techi. My opinions on Aki-P won't affect him in the slightest cause he's literally one of the most powerful men in the Japanese music industry. And I think it's silly for you guys to come in here to complain about people on other websites.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina

if the video does not show watch the video here

[Video unavailable]

There are a LOT of updates from yesterday. I’ll try to find time to organize them and update later. I’ve also been wanting to write a full review on Techi’s ROJ interview but couldn’t make time for it. Hope it can come soon.

Bonus: an offshoot from Sankaku director :blush:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane

• Like Like x 2
  5. heatsignature

Seeing her so giggly with her Sankaku Mado co-stars really makes me happy~
    Well all three videos are the same, but the part where Takito-san comments on Techi's facial expression in the movie "you make too many mad faces!" while she's laughing and smiling in person was pretty funny.

6. Jumps_Zilla

Jumps_Zilla Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    <3 Nishino Nanase <3
    She's really pretty.

7. DelicateEmpress

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Video of Techi's talk with Ichiro-san (I highly recommend everyone to watch it, she’s super super cute and looks extra otter-like imo)

Translated transcript of the talk

Ichiro-san also did a live on Insta talking about Sugar-Sugar before it was aired:
    After the broadcast, as expected the show was on the trend, Ichiro-san praised Techi fans for properly tagging the show on Twitter, saying that earnest people (like Techi) deserves such good fans. Many Sakanaction fans discovered Techi for the first time and praised her a lot. They loved the talk, Techi's voice and honesty etc. In short, everyone was happy. I can't wait for part 2 next week. I think Ichiro-san said that if they manage to get the show on trending every week then the show could be extended to an hour.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Tenote

Tenote Kenkyuusei

What is professionalism anyway? If I remember correctly, techi asked the same question during that infamous radio recording. Professionalism should be about getting your job done, instead it’s still much linked to a set of pointless formalities. Having a friendly relationship with your superiors doesn’t take away from professionalism. It’s not uncommon in the entertainment field, for artists to have close relationships with the producers, directors etc. whom they work with; as communicating your views and ideas is easier with people you trust, closeness can add depth to the artwork.

It’s not an unhealthy relationship if it helps you. If akip were the only person she trusted, then I’d have been worried too, but this isn’t the case. As someone who has relied on adults who weren’t family as a teenager, I find these assumptions ridiculous.

I loved that yamaguchi ichiro pointed out how techi doesn’t try to appeal to people and called it her charm. He consideres her an artist, as she holds on to her own vision. Established artists do get to choose the projects to work on and try to convey their view, and that’s apparently unidol-like. I always thought that techi gets a lot of extra shit due to the idol label, which is why I am now glad she left.
    Honestly, I can see why many people find some of her behavioral traits unprofessional, but her attitude is admirable to me. It takes courage to be true to yourself, instead of going with the flow. Besides, the artists who made history were generally rebels so~ :D

The new anrealage collaboration was also beautiful; not gonna lie, I felt like a proud mom haha some said she looked like a bride in white, but to me she still pretty much looked like a baby :cute:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. DelicateEmpress

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Short teaser for Sankaku theme song

• Like Like x 1
  10. DelicateEmpress

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Techi will be on the cover for Mgirl 2020-2021 AW, released on October 23. Photoshoot done by Ninagawa Mika (same photographer as her Soen’s shoot), 18 pages in total. I think Ninagawa-San is also the chief editor of this magazine.

You can get some ideas of the concept and setting based on these photos posted by Ninagawa-san on September 8. The shoot’s name is 美しく可憐に (Beautiful and Pretty).

Amazon reservation link

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    No doubts about this statement [hehe]

12. DelicateEmpress

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    GREAT NEWS! The Fable 2 is decided to release on February 5, 2021 (Friday). That is exactly 2 weeks after Sankaku (Jan 22). We can expect Techi to be quite busy this winter with promotion activities for both movies since she’s the heroine. Although the two movies will be competing in box office, it’ll be very interesting to see/compare the distinctive characteristics of Erika and Hinako

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. heatsignature

Keyaki-talk on twitter translated some of the Sugar and Sugar program, and I thought this portion was particularly fun:

Q: Do you change your getup when going outside?
    Techi: The only extra thing I do is wear a mask.

Q: You won't be discovered?
    Techi: Once I meet eyes with someone they usually discover who I am... On the other hand, if I extrude a "happy aura", I'm never discovered. Ever.
    Also Techi insisting she’s a hare-onna reminds me of the Showroom from Kuroi Histuji [hehe]

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. DelicateEmpress

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    She truly believes that she’s a hare-onna lol. I think she mentioned on SOL that while nobody believed her, it’s always warm and sunny during her solo activities. On the other hand, Techi suggested that Yuipon is actually the ame-onna of the group.

I really want to watch Techi skipping and exploding with happy aura on the street lmao. It’d be such a sight. The way she described it with her body is incredible cute too [hehe]

Edit: Full raw video
    (Mod note: removed dead video link)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2020
  15. DelicateEmpress

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    • Ichiro-san mentioned Techi in his latest SOL episode (10/9). He was talking to his guest Fujiwara Hiroshi who is a musician, producer and designer.
    Ichiro: I only attend weddings of very important people. People that are important to me. For example Morinaga-san from ANREALAGE. ANREALGE made a video for their S/S Paris 2021 Collection. We were responsible for the music production. Ex-Keyakizaka46 Hirate Yurina also appeared as a model. Do you have any acquaintance with Hirate-san?
    Fujiwara: I wonder...
    Ichiro: She's extremely interesting. Fujiwara-san, I think she's really in harmony (with me). I'll introduce her to you when I have the chance.
    • Another Modelpress poll with Techi, this time it's Celebrities you want to be movie dates with. The reasons given are "Because she doesn't lie, she'd give an honest review of the movie", "I want to watch horror movie together because her reactions are very cute", "I want us to eat popcorn together".
    • The producer of Techineru's Hohoemi tweeted about Best Album Type-A (where you can see the live performance of Hohoemi).
    He said: The kami-duet of Hirate Yurina-chan and Nagahama Neru-chan...Precious...
    • Ninagawa-san tweeted about Techi's photoshoot
    Ninagawa: I want to take a shoot for Hirate-san again by all means. To be able to do this so quickly... Really I'm incredibly happy. Let me tell you, I think the shoot went very well. It was really fun to shoot.
    • Nogi 4th gen Seimiya Rei wrote on her blog that "Kado Wo Magaru" is currently on her playlist and she listens to it a lot.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  16. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I love the fact everyone who worked with Techi go out of their way to praise her and promote her :chuffed: As Techi fan makes me really happy but at the same time it's also kind of cute lol

I wonder how would be go on a date with her. I'd never thought about it, but I guess I'd chose some very light, very fun movie. One of those that would make her laugh all the time [hehe]

I don't have my Album yet, but the clips I'm seeing around are all of a very happy Techi in a very happy group... it kind of pains me to know mngmnt chose to make the Doc from hell instead of use this kind of footage. Whoever paid for it need to get their money back like pronto

• Like Like x 2
  17. DelicateEmpress

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Life has been so busy but I finally manage to translate some bits from Morinaga and Ichiro Insta live around the time of Paris FW:

Morinaga: This time, I only told her that I was making something like this with this concept and do this kind of collection. We didn’t have much time, but she absorbed into the worldview firmly and her speed of bringing (the worldview) into existence was extremely fast, as it was her own. Although she didn’t speak much, I could see her sharpness while conveying (the concept).

Yamaguchi: Hirate is an artist. She’s been working in this industry since she was young, so she’s seen many things. Although some of them make us confused, some people just accept it. But she’s really pure and has a strong core, she’d say “but why? Or why can't I do this? I felt that this is definitely better”. She’d dig into details before solving it and wouldn’t let things slide. Normal people would just say “I understand” but she’s not like that. She wants to discuss together until we can find a solution. So there’s nothing wrong with me calling her an artist. She’s a girl that deserves to be called an artist, someone that’s in harmony with me and could share various discussion with. For this reason, this world…it goes without saying that it must have been very stressful to fight in different cultures (industry norms?). The fact that she’s still fighting in this kind of situation at this age, I think it’s amazing. For us who have lived twice as long, I envy her. You’ll be envious right?

Subbed part 2 of Sugar&Sugar. Great thanks to WeStillSubbing, what would we do without them. I love Techi-Ichiro talk so much. The highlight for part 2 is definitely where Techi talked about Keyaki and Ichiro pointed out the difference between "loneliness" and "solitude", and I agree with him that Techi is more solitary than lonely.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. DelicateEmpress

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    • During the midst of our drought, Yamaguchi-san thankfully gives us something to talk about. On STV Radio on 10/18, he had a talk with Koji Kato, a famous actor, voice actor and tarento. During their conversation, Yamaguchi brought up his talk session with Techi. I seriously want them to release that full 2-hour conversation if they had it in store because wow, I could only imagine how earnest and amazing that conversation was for Yamaguchi-san to like Techi this much. It must also be rare for him to find someone he can relate to.

Yamaguchi: There's Hirate Yurina-san...from Keyakizaka...ex-Keyakizaka...I talked to her for about 2 hours. She's an extremely good child. Before that I wondered what she would be like because she's an ex-idol. She's very serious, very sensitive, and also a perfectionist...

Kato: Then she's very similar to Yamaguchi-kun

Yamaguchi: That's why the way we talk really match. I'm someone that's easy to talk to...so she told me many things. But I wouldn't believe a 19-year-old could have thoughts like that.
    (Cut script)

• ExTaishu has a series called "Women on TV" on their website where they write about actresses/female idols etc, each volume is dedicated to one person. Techi's featured on volume 31. There's really nothing new, they kind of summarized her Sugar&Sugar episode with Yamaguchi-san. It's noticeable that in the end, they cited Techi's words "I like rain but I'm actually a hare-onna (a girl that brings sun)" and wondered if this could be something symbolic. Just like how on the surface, Techi appears to be pessimistic (or negative image?) but she's actually quite positive.
    • NHK SONGS had a really kind narrative to introduce Keyaki's last performance:
      "Yurina Hirate, the youngest person leading the group from the time of her debut ... Performed with all her heart to express the message contained in the song ... Keyakizaka46 continued to make good progress with the overwhelming presence of Center Hirate" (there's more but I can't find the whole script). Uchimura-san (the comedian performed with Keyaki in their first Fukyouwaon on Kouhaku) said: "They didn't show it to you but they practiced a lot. (On 2nd Fukyou) That was her (Hirate) last prepared performance. When the performance was over, everyone put their hands on Hirate-san from behind."

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  19. DelicateEmpress

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Hiura Momo - the new winner of Miss Komazawa, a beauty pageant for female college students, shared that her favorite female entertainers are Tao Tsuchiya and Hirate Yurina.
    • Hiura Momo: I'm attracting to Hirate Yurina for hr outstanding expressiveness since her days with Keyakizaka. Even though she's 19, she already has mature thinking/ideas like adults and I'm inspired by her. In private, she's the youngest child who's mischievous and spoiled, it's really cute. I'm drawn to women that are serious and stoic.

Yamaguchi Ichiro-san shared a bit more on Techi when he was doing FanStream.
    • Ichiro: She could be scarily straightforward and honest, but she's really too pure, she's so pure and serious that many people around her can't understand, is it why she's often misunderstood? She's someone that doesn't want to cut corners or compromise when making things or expressing something, or quit in the middle of the process. No matter what we think about her, she doesn't want to go along with the wind nor care about it. Where she's standing, it's a place where she feels conflicted within herself, yet I think it's where contradiction naturally collides. Hirate-san is really a genius.

Kinnejun Cinema started a screening memorial for Keyaki members to promote Keyaki Doc. Techi's the last post (#46). They also used oshi towels of all Keyaki and Hiragana members to make 欅, けやき and W-Keyaki. It's touching.

#OurTruthsAndLies
    #ScreeningMemorialForMembersOfKeyaki 46
    Hirate Yurina

Called charisma, she made an unwavering effort to live up to the expectations of those around her, and by getting into the lyrics, the expressive power she gained changed the color of the world of the entire audience. Thank you for hanging on for so long.

#Techi
    #TenoHirate
    #KadoWoMagaru

From an author that got to interview Techi around the time when OP went to watch HIBIKI
    • OP: For the past few years, I've been cheering "KYAAAAAAAAAAAAA" with the voice level comparable to BARBEE BOYS's Live opening. This is around the time when I received the ticket for HIBIKI from an editor that I helped. When it was decided that I would interview Techi, I was really surprised and could only say "I understand" because it's work. That being said, I was impressed by her true face (a metaphorical expression) that I had a glimpse of at the time of the interview. No matter what kind of news or rumors there are, if you know the attitude of the time, the truth can be judged. She was a very sincere person. I've been interviewing many entertainers, but she touched me quite a bit.

A small ads for Za.Faburu 2 on TV - October 23
    • Hirate Yurina who closes her heart taking on a new role as heroine..Because we have a strong image of her through music videos and music programs ... It's also a main attraction to see how this heroine is played.

Shinobu Mouri-san, the producer of Keyabingo, posted an old TechiPon photo on Pon's birthday

Sankaku team will be selling Muchibike card (a type of advance ticket I suppose) from Friday October 30. There's limit quantity of the main cast clear file. This marks Techi's first official goods since her departure.

Endo Ayumi-san - the prop stylist for Mgirl shoot, shared her impressions:
    • Ayumi: I was in charge of prop styling for Yurina Hirate's project in Mika Ninagawa's magazine Mgirl Vol.27. It was a wonderful shoot that made me forget the reality as if I was actually watching a glittering show with the scent of the Showa era. The cover is also beautiful, so please take a look ...!

Ninagawa-san posted an offshoot with Techi! Somegoro and Oshima Yuko liked the post. I don't have the full scan yet but looking at the photos floating around the net, this shoot is absolutely photobook level. It's not everyday we can see Hirate-kun and Yurina-chan at the same time. If I'm to describe Techi's beauty by a word, I'd definitely use "sophisticated". No matter how glamourous and colorful the shoots are, there's still this sophisticated, dignified lady/gentlemen vibe, yet bewitching at the same time. It's honestly amazing. And I think Techi transformed into at least 3 completely different characters for this shoot, it's almost like watching a movie.

The clothing from 2nd and 3rd photos are from Vivianostudio, posted on Vivianosue Instagram

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  20. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    @DelicateEmpress once again THANK YOU so much for the amount of work and reporting you always do. It's truly appreciated

• Like Like x 2