1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Hori Miona (Miona) / 2nd Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by caramujo, May 14, 2013.

1. horigundan

horigundan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hori Miona
    • Like Like x 1
  2. tpt13

tpt13 Member

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    I have to apologize to all other lady mouses. Everyone is pretty and cute but Hori Mouse just won this round for me :1st:. She is so freaking gorgeous :worthy:.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. horigundan

horigundan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hori Miona
    she's unbearably cute lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. JPSolitude

JPSolitude Kenkyuusei

I think Asuka and Ikuchan won that one, but they all cute!!

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Jedrien

Jedrien Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    • Like Like x 2
  6. tpt13

tpt13 Member

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    I have wanted to see something like this for a long time. What a godly picture. Now if only Kato Shiho has joined them. We really need the whole gang together.
    5313F29B-D0D1-474D-922A-1B6F66D0EFD0.jpeg
    Source: mionapics.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Junior Dz

Junior Dz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hori Miona
    Miona's mail today 19.09
    Cre: Twitter[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  8. horigundan

horigundan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hori Miona
    • Like Like x 1
  9. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    I wonder how was the board-decision meeting goes when Nogi management decides to select her among the new 2nd gens to be pushed? What did they see in her back then that the other girls didn't? This is really just an honest question.

10. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

@vshav maybe this will help.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    • Like Like x 1
  12. BarneyInvisible

BarneyInvisible Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    everyone recently tend to go to Hawaii?
    Shiraishi, Sayurin, Ikuta, now Hori.

13. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Nogichans vacation is just something. i wonder if maybe Karin already has a plan to bring Suika's to another country again :fear:

• Like Like x 1
  14. tpt13

tpt13 Member

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Thank you @vshav for a very intriguing question and thanks @sambelteri12 for those information. I have always wanted to have a discussion regarding the events that happened when Miona was first chosen as Barette's center. However, I never had a chance to revisit it. So this is gonna be a long post. Also it may be subjective and biased so please endure it.

By the time the 7th Senbatsu was to be announced, it seemed to be well established that Miona was the top member in 2ki. How did she manage that? When 2ki was introduced, I have the impression that the management placed more hope and expectation on the likes of Kiichan or KTK or maybe even Junna. However, around the second time when 2ki appeared together with 1ki, Miona seemed to make quite an impression and her interaction with Nanamin was interesting (it is worth to notice that the impact Miona made during that section was quite pale in comparison to the impact that some fresh faced 3ki and 4ki made on their early shows later on since 2ki was really shy and reserved while 1ki was by no mean the friendly and doting senpais. They, in fact, were quite aggressive subtly against those new girls). Anyways, that's the way I see it. Clearly, there must have been other stuff happened BTS and also the result of the 6th Single HS. Whatever happened, the fact is that after a few months, Miona had emerged as undisputed 2ki's ace.

Now let's move on to the Senbatsu's announcement. Ranze said that when the management asked them to come to the studio, they knew that Miona was gonna get in the senbatsu (poor Ranze, I think she is the second most ambitious and competitive 2ki, if not as ambitious and competitive as Miona herself but she doesn't have much luck). Only that they never expected Miona would be the new center.

I imagine that Miona must have felt jubilant that day coming to the studio. She failed SKE, she failed AVEX and now she was about to be the first of her generation to enter Nogi's senbatsu. What a glorious day! Heck, the girl even sat outside so that it was easier for her to move after her name was called. As the same time, she sat at the last row so it wouldn't become too obvious that she was eager to come up to the stage. And yet her heart must have been racing like crazy when the 3rd row was announced and she wasn't called. Then the 2nd row, wasn't called neither. Dare a new girl like her dream to be in the 1st row? She must have known she shouldn't, but she couldn't help but hope. She was entering a big emotional gamble here: she might be in the 1st row of the senbatsu after not even 1 year in the group, she might be the new center even, yet she might also be going home with her friends after learning the fact that the best that 2ki could offer was no good against the mighty 1ki. And then all the big names were called. Nanase, first time at the front, good for her. Sayuri, that calculating girl who was insanely good at attracting attention, what do you expect? Hashimoto Nanami, obviously. Then Shiraishi freaking Mai, that's no one had expected.

Let me side track a little bit and talk about the ever royally, sophisticated, gorgeous Maiyan. Forget about the tomboy midget from Akita, Maiyan had been Nogi's queen in all but name and yet her "Rule" ended in just one single. As I had said before, despite her best effort, Maiyan couldn't even hide her disappointment. Her language was completely different from her expression: she said that there was a lot of pressure being the center last time and she didn't fell very comfortable being the center. I mean, come on Maiyan. We love you and all but we weren't born yesterday, you will need to be more convincing than that (With that being said, I think I like that human side of Maiyan more than her just being an absolute goddess all the time).

Anyways, back to Miona. I don't know how Miona could still breathe at that point, it was a miracle that her heart didn't just stop right there. It was really a "go big or go home" moment, and all the odds were in her favor now. Surely, the management didn't ask them 2ki to come for nothing. Surely, they didn't wake up one day and decided to throw 2ki under the bus (that they eventually did actually). The only thing, two things actually, that I feel could ruin her big moment were Hoshino Minami and Saito Asuka. Both of them were promising youngsters, younger than Miona even, and were considered by management as future aces. If management wanted to shake thing up, other than Miona, Hoshino and Asuka were both feasible choices. However, those two girls were still too green and their time was yet to come (Saddly, Hoshino's time never came though). And we were all blessed to witness cute chubby baby Miona crying tears of happiness. Miona dressed super casually that day, the entire 2ki did the same though. That must have been a sore to the eyes of some if not most of 1ki (like seriously, 3ki and 4ki were dressed nicely in their uniforms when they entered senbatsu). But that all makes her seem more down to earth and her sudden airdrop seem more like a true Cinderella story.

Moving forward 2 years, right when we have 12th Announcement. The documentary painted a pretty picture: Miona was struggling to find her place within the group, she wondered if she should cut her hair or quit. In the end, she decided to cut her hair, and the scene went to a happy Mio-bob running toward a bright future, promising a happily ever after ending. That's kinda BS, cuz we all know Miona hit rock bottom right after she chopped her hair. Miona must have entered that room full of hope. She just changed her haircut, she reinvented herself. She was funny af in the last episodes of Nogidoko. She helped promoting other 2ki in early Nogichuu. She might have just finished filming her own episode and she didn't know it yet but in retrospect, we are all aware that Hori Zombi was a classic. And yet as she sat there, 3rd row, then 2nd row were called without her. She might be back to the 1st row. Mio-bob might have worked wonder. But the brutal truth is while Mio-bob is one of the best thing that ever happened to Nogi (at least IMHO), everyone else also stepped up their game. Nanase was unstoppable now. Ikuchan was such a phenomenon. Maiyan and Nanamin were still the queens. So it finally came down to Miona and Ikoma. Miona must have known her fate by then. It’s not very implausible that Miona would be back as the center after 5 singles. But it would be unthinkable that the management would choose her at the expense of Ikoma. So in the end , we have Mio-bob (her bob was super super cute that day BTW) sat there crying alone then totally collapsed when everyone was about to leave.

My train of thought may have been all over the place here, but I really wanna talk about those two senbatsu announcement because I feel those were two times that Miona came closest to be the center. And as I said "go big or go home", the first time she went big, the second she went home (way way way back home). People may think that Miona was the lucky one among 2ki but I think she got it as bad as other girls. Only that she had the will to fight back that unfairness. It may seem like Miona just tries hard all for herself (I actually have no problem with her being selfish actually) but the more I look at it, I feel her individual effort really help pulling 2ki forward. If not for Miona, 2ki would have been the true lost generation. Like serious, as sad as it may sound, Kiichan would never become a new mouse while we already have a bunch of 3ki mouses and now Sakura as well (God, imagine Kiichan mouse). And yet I wonder now with all the fight left in her, does Miona has what it takes to climb up the top? Can she beat out the likes of Asuka or Mizuki or Yoda or other upcoming 4ki? My heart wants her to succeed but my head fear that she will never pass that line.

On final thought, I just wanna share the reason why I like Miona so much. I think I kinda sympathize with her experiences. I used to have some success in the past and people started to have expectation in me. Then when I reached a certain level, I began feel there was a wall that I can never surpass. In the end, I gave up trying and my life right now, according to many other people, is a big disappointment. Miona too had some breakthrough earlier in her career (deserving so I have to add) but then she has been banging against a wall for quite a while now. She does make some progress here and there and we all hope that will amount to something in the end. However, it will most likely be futile and she may never go further than where she is now. After all of that, it puts a smile on my face to see her continuing to fight. That's what I love about her.

If Miona was the same old beautiful, cute girl with funny character (say like Kiichan) but instead of being ambitious and greedy, she pleasantly accept her current situation (say like Kiichan again). I may still like her but not as much as I do now. A goody two shoes Miona would be quite boring actually. So I want her to be selfish and bitchy and greedy and calculating as much and as long as she can.

P/S: maybe it's because my weird reference for bad girls that while Miona is the current reigning queen of my heart, her heir to the throne is Mizuki, who I feel also has all the "bad girl" traits that I like (I would be freaking pissed if Mizuki surpasses Miona though. That would be outrageous).

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    That was a very long but nice read. Although I'm not really sure if her tears during 7th senbatsu announcement was tears of happiness, more like tears of terror to me.
    And I feel really bad for her that she had to take it from Maiyan who was (and still is) the hottest favorite. She was even portrayed as the bad girl in Baretta PV against 1ki, to the point of killing Maiyan. Of course that won't turn out well for Miona. I don't understand what management thinking.

16. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    I think fandom reaction to Barrette’s MV is what makes it difficult to accept her. What a shock to see that double cross! I love the song. The MV I am quite neutral about.

There’s no shame in centering Unders. Not many members can say they centered both. Only the mighty Asuka did. And if management would’ve only listened to me we’d have another two in Kubo and Ranze.

Personally I’m ready for another Miona center.

17. tpt13

tpt13 Member

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    @baymon: I think I got carried away with my dramatized version of the event. Yeah, she looked terrified and didn't know what to do or react. That makes her more baby Miona more adorable though.

I wasn't around during the time of 7th Single so I don't know the fandom's immediate reaction toward her. Everyone claims that it was bad but I just cannot comprehend how bad it was. Anyways, it think it stupid of the fans to take the MV too seriously. The way I see it J-pop idol MVs are supposed to be fun, silly and over the top. If I want MV with dazzling concept and intense dance, I would rather watch K-pop (or maybe Keyaki but bleh, NVM).

Based on that criteria, I must say with all my objectiveness that Barrette's MV (the MV not the song, I don't really like the song though) is the best A-side Nogi's MV ever. It was so stupid, so over the top up until the end. The only thing I feel that can make it better is to have Miona's signature laugh right after she shot Maiyan (but I guess that too much to handle). On that note, all the MVs in the 7th Single were really gold. The Naruto song MV were so good (best of Nogi IMHO) I wonder why they stop making stuff like that anymore. And the Baka baka MV (for some reason, that is my most hated Miona's song) was also really fun to watch.

In fact, now if I think about it, whenever Miona centered a song with a MV to go with it, while the song may be mediocre (I would not expect much from Miona in this area), the MV is always good. I really appreciate whoever wrote those MV concepts, they did know how to showcase Miona's strong fit. Her characters really shone through. Let's do a quick recap:
    • Barrette: cute and mysterious baby Miona who killed Maiyan (gold)
    • Tsuki no Okisa: cute and mysterious baby Miona who killed everyone (freaking gold)
    • Sonna Baka: Miona wasn't featured very prominently here but it's great to see her acting silly with the rest. Plus Miona's first appearance gives me a Nao Kosaka's vibe (Idk why)
    • Wakaregiwa: the only good thing about being demoted from senbatsu. Whoever thought of the story was a genius. It shows us all Miona is about. So weird and so stupid. And Mio-bob in all her glory. On top of that, I actually feel that the song was good. Personally, this is my favorite of Miona's in term of both song and MV.
    • Shitto no Kerri: an ok MV because Miona didn't appear much, but the concept was quite interesting.
    • Ottona e no Chikamichi: such a hidden gem and closest thing that we have to a Miona-Kiichan double center.
    • Ano Kyoushitsu: not a Miona centered song but I wanna include it because it was such a good song with an incredible MV when Miona and Asuka both acting weird and silly. The only downside is Miona appears to be a little less beautiful than Asuka.
    • Kimi ni Okuru: the song is meh, so is the MV. I don't really like this. The only positive point is how beautiful Mio-bob was.
    • Live Kami: I cannot even remember how the song sounds like but the MV is actually very good. Miona wasn't really outstanding though since she was just a part of and assemble cast. Good to see 2ki together anyways.
    • Scoutman: an actually good song with weird MV, exactly what I like. But again, like Live Kami, Miona wasn't really prominent.
    • Romendensha: not a Miona centered song either, but everything about it was perfect. The best Nogi's MV for awhile with an actually interesting story. And the song sounds so good, I just wanna listen to it again and again. Last but not least, forget about Asuka, we have Miona and Mizuki together for the first time. My dream is fulfilled.
    • The PV with Rena: I don't remember the name but it was really good. Miona and Rena together, what can go wrong? I feel the PV is too short despite being more than 9 minutes. If only Rena had stayed longer and had more interaction with Miona.
    • Hori Stardust: best PV ever. Miona was just too perfect her. She gives me such "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time" vibe. Someone should just make a live action and cast Miona as the main heroine already.

P/S: If Miona ever centers again, I hope that they abandon all those avant-garde crap (it was great in the beginning but kinda get old now) and just go back to those MV with some melodrama and over the top story. That would suit Miona well.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    • Like Like x 5
  19. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Sounds fantastic. Hope it’s better than her first.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. horigundan

horigundan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hori Miona
    • Like Like x 2