1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

How did you become a fan of Keyakizaka46?

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by MasToppu, Jan 19, 2018.

1. SaitoWinterStar

SaitoWinterStar Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    1. How did you get to know about Keyakizaka46?
    Last year I was looking for Japanese shows online to help practice my listening skills. It was surprisingly hard to find anything reasonable from the US without a VPN, but eventually I found their first drama, "Who Killed Daigoro Tokuyama?" free on Amazon Prime Video. I really enjoyed the first episode, and then my wife and I watched the whole series. At the end I had the theme song stuck in my head. When I looked it up, I discovered it was by a Japanese idol group. Then I realized the girls in the show were actually the members of Keyakizaka. :fp:

2. How did you become a fan of Keyakizaka46?
    I was looking for more of their music, but it wasn't easy to find. Fortunately they posted a few tracks on the US iTunes store, and then I found https://stream.depressingsubs.com/
    Watching their videos (especially Silent Majority) I was enchanted, and I really enjoyed watching all the episodes of Keyakitte as well.

2. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

1. I had been an anime fan, particularly of Noitamina shows and romantic anime, but my interest was waning. I liked smaller idol groups like Buono, 9Nine and Fairies, but had never been attracted by larger idol groups, except for Nogizaka. I loved some of their songs -- Kimi no Na wa Kibou, Inochi wa Utsukushii -- but still had not become a real fan. In early 2016 I was digging a little deeper and learned that Nogizaka was to have an imouto group. So I was ready for the Silent Majority MV when it came out in March, 2016.

2. And as soon as I saw that MV...Boom! The look, the ethos, the lyrics, the dancing. Techi and Monta captured me right away. I started watching episodes of KeyaKake and the deal was sealed. Natural, real people thrown into the storm of show business and scrambling to deal with it. Hesitant, shy, unprofessional -- and captivating. I had soon caught up with KeyaKake eps and was watching them again...and again....

3. Christoff522

Christoff522 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    moriyaakane
    How did you get to know about Keyakizaka46?
    I clicked on their Silent Majority video on Youtube, I'd just started listening to JPop, and the thumbnail was interesting so I clicked, and was like "wooooaaaahhh" I saw Berika's face and she was so pretty (Yes I am aware my avatar is Neru).
    I fell in love with the members, I developed a desire for them to do well. Each one is kawaii in their own right and adds something to the group. I developed an unhealthy obsession with Berika, convinced myself I would marry her, and as that obsession continued and evolved, I became accustomed to the music, and it touched my soul.

A lot has happened since I first heard them in early 2016, but Keyaki has remained a constant, I've either absolutely loved or 'liked' their singles, never hated. But the height for me right now is still Futari Saison and the album, I do prefer Garasu wo ware to the last two singles though.

My Oshi are Neru and Berika, Berika because I will never fall out of love with her nervous laugh during Keyakitte Kakenai episodes, and Neru because she has such an inspiring level of intelligence and philosophical inquiry.

4. wikowikowiko

wikowikowiko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    It all started with Babymetal. I personally is a fan of Metal Music. And BabyMetal is one of my favorite.
    Then I tried to search the background of the girls of BabyMetal. That lead me to know a bit about Sakura Gakuin (my first entrance to Idol World).
    And then, when I look on some Sakura Gakuin video on Youtube, there was a thumbnail of who was the pretties girl in AKB. The set was at Hawai if I am not mistaken. Somehow I got hypnotized with Miyazaki Miho (my first oshi!). That lead me to know about AKBingo.
    followed AKBingo for quite some time. When I was watching Akbingo, another youtube thumbnail was showing NogiDoko.
    Then I remembered that Su-Metal sister is a member of Nogizaka46. Got curious about Nogizaka46, and finally found out about Keyakizaka46, again, from youtube thumbnails.
    Clicked on Eccentric MV. Really surprised that the MV is so dark which match with my Metal ear.
    And finally, here I am.
    Their dark yet character is captivating me. Their rebellious song and music is something that I really like.

5. Ophelia

Ophelia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kitahara Rie
    1. Used to be into AKB but then all my favorites either graduated or announced their graduation and I gradually started losing interest. Then one day a friend of mine linked the music video for Eccentric and it left quite an impression on me.

2. I then started to Google around and found a bunch Keyakitte Kakenai episodes that I binge watched over the course of a week. I'm not as much into idols as when I was younger but I do enjoy listening to the music and watching variety shows and Keyakizaka46 brought something different to the table when compared with AKB.

6. greentoilet

greentoilet Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    I knew they existed because I saw their videos on the recommended list of youtube when I was watching Nogizaka MVs.

The first thing that pulled me in was the fact that they had better songs/choreographies than nogizaka.
    Everytime I watched their MVs I also kept wondering why is this girl with the boyish haircut ALWAYS the center how much talent does this one have compared to the rest?!
    Simply the fact that I ran out of nogizaka related things to watch.

A combination of those 3 and I haven't regretted it at all, keyakizaka is great.

7. Nealy07

Nealy07 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina

I didn't know anything related to idols world 3 or 4 months ago. I found AKBingo compilation on youtube, I took so much fun so I decided to know what is AKB48 what is Idol on the net, I learned everything and then I found Nogizaka46. I watched a lot of N46 variety show, but I didn't like idol music, it was just because their variety show (AKB and N46) was so fun. I found Berisa funny compilation on youtube I laughed so hard, I though "What? another idol group? Keyakizaka46?".

I started to watch Keyakitte Kakenai, I laughed so much until 1st single senbatsu episode. "What is senbatsu? their is a selection? wow Center position seems to be something important, wow Hirate center? she is 15 what the helllll who is she?". Then I watched Tokuyama Daigoro wo Dare ga Koroshita ka? drama and OMG I loved the drama and I fall in love with Hirate, she is 15 and she is soooo good in the 1st lead role.
    I watched all MVs, songs, live show and I was so touched and amazed by the power of the songs and the visual dance, I was literrally shocked. Especially when I saw Fukyuwaon, "Ok Techi, you win, you're too great, how it can be possible to be this young and being able to give me all these emotions? why am I crying?". So now I have watched all Keyakake episodes 3 times and everything, every Keyakizaka46 videos you can found on the net, I watched it all.
    It must be so hard to a teen girl to be the center of everything, to give hard work like that. Hard work is the thing I respect the most in life, being able to give everything you have, show your heart and all your emotions, Its hard especially when you're a teen. Thank you Hirate Yurina :).

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hiraishin

Hiraishin Member

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    i used to like akb48 untill takamina graduated and i stop following akb48 but i always visit this stage48.
    and i used to dislike nogizaka. but when everyone talked about how good silent majority and thats not the typical idol song, i became like it. but i just like the song. and then i accidently watched futari saison and got captivated by yurina. and then i checked their first drama tokuyama, watched their first one man live concert. i decide to follow this group till now

what makes me like this group is bc their dark, military style, and also the lyrics.

9. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    1. Nogi, ofc
    2. Bcs they are Nogi's lil sister. I love every single song from Saimajo until Futari. I'm corious about member background and giving full support. Gotta admit that my interest getting pale after 4th single.

Not only bcs messier drama that turn into annoying, few newer fans also overbearing. But I still follow them as part of Sakamichi. I love their song and members, just not so much Keya as a group, the concept, drama and all. I just dont feel 'the bond' anymore. The bond just a myth at this point. Now I'm rather prefer to support them silently.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  10. unkowwn

unkowwn Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

TBH I first heard/saw them at the recent Kouhaku Uta Gassen. They left a good impression.

Same as above. Their first impression holds even after digging through their Discography.

11. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama

48G/46G

Though I have followed/liked them since their debut, it was Futari Saison that really made me a fan (and Sugai-sama's Misugoshicha Mottainai smile in the MV). They became my favorite group after Otona wa Shinjite Kurenai.

12. Nephilim

Nephilim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    Because of Nogizaka/Nogichuu. The Year-end Party Ep. I am also get interested in them because I often see them at SNS

I am so amazed on their overall performance.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  13. Keyaki4lyfe

Keyaki4lyfe Kenkyuusei

1.)
    I was browsing for a new show to watch, so I came across this list online about japan shows, so you know, why not. That's when Tokuyama Daigoro came up and the synopsis for the show actually piqued my interest, well high school girls and a dead teacher, that's something you don't see everyday. So, I started watching it to the end (with english sub, also with the help of dailymotion) and came to the conclusion that it is one of my favourite shows. I started researching all about it and that's how I know that the girls were from an idol group Keyakizaka46 (tbh I already know Akb48 existed, but I didn't know 46's existed as well.)
    2.)
    When I know that they were from an idol group, I started researching their songs, that's when I came about to Fukyouwaon (at that time it was their latest A-side song). It was the first song that I listened to and also the first song that grabbed my interest. After that I started listening to their other A-side songs and I like all of them (Although I didn't understand what they were saying), but at that time I was only a listener rather than a fan. But when I came across with Keyavids (a site with keyakizaka46 related videos with english subbed), let's just say after a day of watching some videos with english sub, my interest skyrocketed and that's how I started stanning them.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

14. steph

steph Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nyan Nyan Kamen
    I can't remember how exactly, all I remember is that I listened to Silent Majority when it was the hype back then but I didn't find it that interesting (but now I love the song). After that, I had just completely forgot that Keyakizaka46 even existed, I don't think I even knew their name back then, I only listened to saimajo. And that leads on to my answer to the next question...

How did you become a fan of Keyakizaka46
    It wasn't until I listened to Futari Saison that I fell completely in love with them. I wouldn't have ever found the song if it wasn't for one of Cuca's covers actually, I watched her video and I thought I should listen to the original song so I can properly compare and appreciate her cover (because her 48/46 videos usually didn't have the original instrumental of the song because they would get copyrighted). I watched the music video of futari saison and my world literally changed after that. I thought it was such a beautiful song, I loved the instrumental and the lyrics and I was obsessed with the song and had it on repeat for weeks. It was also when I remembered who keyakizaka46 was coz saimajo was a recommended video next to the futari saison mv. After that I decided to stick around and listen to more of their songs, and when they announced their newest single (fukyowaon) I was hoping it would be a lot like futari, but it wasn't so I was disappointed. However, I still loved the song and over time I've come to understand what keyaki's style of music was like and I now look forward to every release they have. Although, I do still want a similar song to futari and I don't mind waiting (even if it never comes). I also like the direction they've taken with their music and style (plus techi with short hair is so handsome I might become gay just because of her lmao). Sorry this is so long, I went very off tangent haha

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  15. nagasawakun1104

nagasawakun1104 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Moriya Rena
    Twitter:
    lester_1104

from a friend on facebook who keeps posting screen caps and clips from keyakake like that neru's "nee chotto~" scene

when i started watching keyabingo and keyakitte kakenai.

16. Genzai

Genzai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu

I think I was watching a series of funny AKB clips and found myself watching their Kouhaku perfomance of SaiMajo.​

Suzumoto Miyu and Imaizumi Yui made me look into them more (Weird saying this since I know Hirate is on a different level). Coupled with the fact that their presentation was unlike the AKB Group or their sister Nogi. The idols that didn't smile caught my attention from the get go and I've been invested since.​

17. shiranui

shiranui Kenkyuusei

I was a genuine AKBINGO watcher, but since they have NOGIBINGO!, i started watch Nogi instead of ekebi (i think it was when paruru era took the lead in AKBINGO).
    not long after, there was KEYABINGO! i think thats how i discover Keyakizaka46.
    (sorry I'm a bad story teller)

first, silent majority really stole my attention, i thought it was very different than ekebi MV, the feels, the dynamic, and their characters.
    and knowing their personality by watching keyakitte really push me in to keyakizaka. they are bunch of fun idols with serious faces

18. Japan86

Japan86 Kenkyuusei

First, hello everyone , Japan86 です。I’m new to this forum, it’s a pleasure to be here.

1- I get to know Keyakizaka through the Hiragana’s drama “Re:Mind” on Netflix. I really liked that, so I made some research about who those girls were and then found out the Kanji/Hiragana groups.
    2- I became a fan gradually, since I started studying Japanese last year I found their dramas and Keyakitte/Keyabingo among other listening resources to doing practice. Then slowly listening to some of their famous songs, I became a fan of Keyakizaka46.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Koroshiraishi

Koroshiraishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    when they did a special on nogichuu

caught with watching everything nogi, then started watching Keyakitte, Kakenai

20. myinnersloth

myinnersloth Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    I saw a screencap of techi from the kaze ni fukarete mo pv. I love seeing girls in suits so I was eager to find out who she was but bc I found it too difficult to find info on the group I gave up and forgot about them.

Ambivalent had just been released so I gave it a listen and loved it. From there I created a playlist with some other keyaki & nogi songs and continued listening for a few months. It wasn't until I found subbed episodes of keyakake that I wanted to fully get to know and stan the group.