1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

How did you become a fan of Keyakizaka46?

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by MasToppu, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    @heatsignature I don't know exactly why, but your story touched my heart and moved me a lot. First of all, it's amazing that we talk to a person who potentially could have been a keyaki. The thing that moved me was your phrase: "How could I not want to support the girls I lost to!"... Man this is why Japanese people are so great. The fact that there was no bitterness at all, no hard feelings but a healthy and ethical attitude towards the girls that for one or another reason managed to make it while you did not, shows one thing:
    I do not really know how pretty or cawaii you are in real life (and most probably you are, to have the motive to apply), but you are definitely a most handsome girl on your heart and soul!
    I live too far away to ever manage to attend a handshake event. So, as far as I am concerned, consider this post of mine as a handshake to "the idol" you!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jonjon

Jonjon Kenkyuusei

I don't really post but I felt compelled to after watching the online concert and the announcement. Here goes
    1. How did you get to know about Keyakizaka46?
    I first knew them in 2016. I was quite new to the mainstream idol scene, Nogi was my first group and I had just started following them deeply for like a few months. I didn't really think much about Keyakizaka except that they were Nogizaka's first sister group. I think I started listening to them during their 2nd single. Tbh, I only knew Techi at first. I became familiar with the other names since they appear in Nogi fandom too but I still did not know each member personally as I thought it would be quite overwhelming to get to know two groups since I considered myself new to Nogi. I would follow their all their single releases and performances videos though and I thought that they were all very cool and good performers but that was about it.

2. How did you become a fan of Keyakizaka46?
    As a casual, I had only known a Keyaki with Techi as the face of the group so I was pretty shook about her withdrawal early 2020. That caught my attention to look back at Keyaki. Around that time I realised I had missed many things the past two years as I was busy. It had caused me to slow down on following my favourite groups even Nogi. Due to that, I made a conscious decision to catch up on Sakamichi news, from Nogi to Keyaki and Hinata. Thanks to Keyakake, I got to know the members and their personalities really quickly and slowly began catching up on their history. It was a very enjoyable journey and they soon became another group that I have grown to love, which was easy after knowing that every member have their own charms and specialties. It was apparent that they could shine if given the chance. Akanen personally caught my attention the most especially during the athletic festival episode lmao seeing her competitive and firm personality in many other events pretty much sealed the deal :inlove:

I actually still have regrets even now for not getting to know them earlier but do feel lucky to have made it in time to know them as Keyakizaka46. Even if I have mixed feelings about the re-branding, I will gladly continue to support the members the best I can. I believe they deserve all the love we can give. Since I mostly lurk, I'd like to thank the translators, subbers and all those who help us know more about the group. You're the best

• Like Like x 3
  3. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I don't think we should change the title of this thread... Keyakizaka is Keyakizaka and Sakurazaka is Sakurazaka, even though they have a lot of members in common and a lot of fans of Sakurazaka will be fans of Keyakizaka but it's not the same groups and the reason people will become fans of Sakurazaka won't be the same reasons as they became fans of Keyakizaka.

We should wait for Sakurazaka to debut and make a new thread to ask this question, meanwhile this thread should stay as Keyakizaka thread... Because all replies from first 3 pages are about why people became fans of Keyakizaka, and not Sakurazaka. There is a reason they rebrand and it's because they will probably change a lot of things so they won't be the same...

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Okey, I'll change this thread title back, and make the new one for Sakurazaka46.:D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Thanks for changing the title back! Can you please edit it to write "Keyakizaka46" with a capital "K"? it would look better! Thanks :flower:

6. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
  7. blabla123

blabla123 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ozeki Rika
    How did you get to know about Keyakizaka46?
    A YouTube channel called weaboo posted a video something called, jpop songs every kpop fans should know. (Not sure) And silent majority appeared in the video, and I thought it was so cool! So I searched for more videos of Keyakizaka46
    so I checked it out and after that I saw a performance of Otona wa Shinjite Kurenai I believe at Keyaki Republic 2017. And I was hooked, shortly after that I watched arena tour than discovered keyavids watched keyakitte kakenai and I was hooked.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. sakurasucker

sakurasucker Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Tomita Suzuka
    How did you get to know about Keyakizaka46?
    Imaizumi Yui's PB caught my attention and I wanted to watch something with her, so I tried "KeyaBingo" first and then "KeyaKake" and got soon addicted to such variety shows. Simple as that...:^^;:

Hmmm...here I'll need more time to give a proper answer, I'm afraid...sorry! :^^;:
    But first of all please let me point out that I'm not that interested in the idols' "core business" - music and choreographies - but rather in the variety aspects (which might explain my preferences in regards to members, I think).
    Within Kanji Keyaki's 1st gen I had members I really liked (the aforementioned Imaizumi, but also Yonetani, Neru, Sato, Ozeki, Kobayashi, Harada, etc.) but also some that didn't impress me that much and others that I honestly really disliked - and what's worse, the group's dark aura wasn't really my cup of tea (I can totally see how it might have had such a huge impact on the younger audience, but hey, my teen years are looong gone - almost three whole decades ago, it can't be helped...:^^;:). When the Hiragana Keyaki 1st gen were added, it was instead love at first sight, and soon after their 2nd gen got added too, I had become a full-fledged Hiragana fan. When they moved on to having their own varieties, "Hiragana Oshi" and then "HinaAi" (and right about the same time Zuumin and Yonetan graduated), I followed the Hiragana and dropped "KeyaKake". When I finally caught up with the more recent episodes of "HinaAi", though, the weekly wait inbetween episodes caused what we could call a severe case of "idol varieties withdrawal syndrome" :p and so, in order to alleviate the symptoms, I went back to watching "KeyaKake". For my tastes, the show's overall quality (and at the same time, the group's aura) improved a lot when they added the 2nd gen members (counting also the "shin 2nd gen", I think there are only two girls I don't particularly like, whereas I really like all the others; meanwhile, the 1st gens I didn't like left the show - alas, so did some of those I loved; but hey, c'est la vie, right? :oops:) and now I've finished watching "KeyaKake" and moved on to "SokoSaku" (though I'll still need some time to catch up with that as well). By now I think I can in all honesty say I'm a fan (although I'm more of a "Ohisama", of course). Peace! :v:

• Like Like x 2
  9. sakurasucker

sakurasucker Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Tomita Suzuka
    ^ Roughly 12 months later, I've slowly but surely become more and more of a "Buddy" meanwhile...to the point I just had my nick changed, LOL :^^;::1st:

10. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Sakurazaka46 is on the right track then...

• Winner Winner x 1