1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

How did you become a fan of Nogizaka46?

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by jiaemi, May 17, 2014.

1. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    I feel there are a lot of new fans who joined to the forum lately. They're not only joined, but also make some discussions (especially in the Subbed Thread [hehe]). This makes me so happy.
    And it's really awesome reading all of your experience here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Johan13

Johan13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nishino nanase
    I got to know nogizaka46 because of saito asuka. I coincidentally ran into a post about her on facebook. The fact that she being half-burmese caught my eyes since I'm also from myanmar. I learnt that she is a popular member of japanese idol group nogizaka46 and got a little curious so that I searched their songs on youtube. That's when I found out sayonara no imi. After watching mv, I fell in love with that song. I really like the concept, the girls, and also the lyrics. Then I discovered more songs and fell in love with their music though I'm not still interested in following the group. Later, I learnt about their tv shows and started watching. After watching nanase's fat pigeon lover episode, I immediately fell in love with her and decided to follow the group. Sadly, she's already graduated at that time. But I still love nogi as a whole. They're so pleasant to watch. I love their image, songs and every members. I can gladly say Nogizaka46 is the first idol group I ever follow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    I'm in the middle of a Nogi deep dive right now, going into NogiDoko, NogiChuu, songs and singles

I'm mainly a Keyaki fan and they are the main group that I do follow, though I've encountered Nogi in a limited capacity. The first time I really saw them was in AKBINGO Team K vs. Nogizaka46 three episode special. It just struck me how different their aura is from AKB48.

From there I mainly continued following Keya until I became a fan of Naachan (always seeing her in Risa's non-no shoots too made me curious) and ever since then, I've been a Nogi fan, too. In my opinion they have the best hosts of the three Sakamichi variety shows, though I also do have love for Tsucchi-Sawabe and Audrey.

4. Beamu

Beamu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamotohimeka
    Man, this is the post I should've made long ago! Pretty much the same scenario for me. I call it the Babymetal effect. After discovering them around 2013 became a full on fan in early 2014. From there too, I became a Sakura Gakuin fan. And the Himetan clips people would post made me curious about Nogizaka46.

What really hooked me was when someone posted a link to dubbed season 1 of NogiBingo! That was early 2016. I didn't want to go down that path because I was already sacrificing way too much money to the fox god and Sakura Gakuin merch LOL! But I did, and here I am!

I'll always consider Himetan my oshi. After all, she got my foot in the door. But I can honestly say I'm a fan of all the girls past and present. I tend to root for underdogs so I favor more the Undergirls and 2nd Gen. It's just unique seeing what each gal brings to the table and follow their growth.

I tend to lurk too much, but I do appreciate the posts. Special thanks to the many subbers. I still shake my head how an old school Metalhead and current Punk Rock drummer could become an Idol fan, but I have and I have no regrets! Cheers!

• Like Like x 4
  5. hibari

hibari Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ashuminamiona, momoko, kakki
    your situation kinda same with me except i just start to liking idol at that time. that time, i just listen and follow rev. from dvl mainly because kanna but too bad that group already disband. and for kanna case, i start to follow her after watch kyou kara ore wa and later on that i found out the girl that with her is wakasama. as i follow kanna on pinterest, i found some cute picture of asuka and start to do research about her. i start watching nogibingo1 but i stop at early episode because i kind of feel cringe with their cutesy act and pervert ijiri. then i watch zambie drama and find another good looking girl especially the eye and that is miona. and both of them become my oshimen. then i start to randomly watch any nogi show but kinda forgot about nogibingo. the one i really hate and feel annoying at that time is kazumin. even me myself dont know why i feel like that at that time but i like her on nogichu. that time i dont even remember member name and faces because i watch mainly because want to know about asuka. even shitara i hate at that time because he seem like a bad guy who love to bullying others.

later on as i start watching more and more of nogichu and nogidoko, i start to like bananaman especially shitara because only after that i realise what he do is just a typical what all elder brother will do. and after that i start watch again nogibingo from the beginning. after shogi episode i start to like kazumin and know what the reason i hate her at first (its because her faking her voice).

and as for the rest, its really same with you.

but i dont remember which episode that made me start to like minami

• Like Like x 2
  6. allen20

allen20 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hashimoto Nanami
    How did you get to know about Nogizaka46?
    I think it was from the Seifuku no Mannequin MV which left impactful first impression. Nogizaka's MV has always been creative and well-directed. I never thought that I will like idol group that much until Nogizaka46 shows up, unrivaled even with Keyakizaka46 and AKB48 still around.
    The variety show, Nogizaka Kouchijuu hooked me into finding out more about Nogizaka46 and its members. I have also watched most of the documentaries and really like the first one particularly. I did not know that the idol industry could be that competitive and the members were fighting an uphill battle when they first started. I am sad that many first generation members have graduated as I really like their personalities and their contributions to Nogizaka46 as a whole.

• Like Like x 2
  7. John Jackson

John Jackson Kenkyuusei

It happened with the depth of emotional resonance I felt when first hearing and seeing the nostalgic and bittersweet beauty harmonically and visually in Sayonara no Imi, Nandome no Aozora ka?, Mukuchi no Lion, and Ima and Hanashitiai Darkea ga Iru with the compelling story of heartfelt kindness displayed to an endearing deaf girl longing to dance, the meditative and melancholy beauty of the 11th and 19th singles along with the joyous abandon of hashire bicycle and the glamor, humour and agonizing langour dressed in sophistication in Sekachi na Katasumuri. Such an amazing range of emotions and moods in the sonic beauty and dramatic portrayal of the music.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. NEVBOSS

NEVBOSS Member

Oshimen:
    Duck Lord & ktgw_bby
    Twitter:
    nevermorepicker

There's this one gif of Asuka with Nogi jersey sit still & I was enchanted and looked up further to it. Then discovered she belongs to a group named Nogizaka46.​

There are several factors to this, the overall visual of the group, their discography & their variety shows.
    • As a starter of AKB, I could immediately notice how Nogizaka is far superior in visual compared to AKB (when they made appearance in AKBingo).
    • Their discography is beautiful. Having "Sayoimi" & "Synchro" as my earliest encounter with Nogi's discography, my impression of their discography is heavily affected by these two songs. I find it's not your average songs sung by some artist, the vibe in the music & the group (created by the members) are particularly exceptionally beautiful for me and it sets what I, deem qualified as Nogizaka46. Although it's signature song of Nogizaka, I don't particularly enjoy songs like "Seifuku no Mannequinn" as I find them contrary to the beauty, elegance & graceful that I first seen from Sayoimi & Synchro.
    • Their shows (Bingo/ Doko/ Koujichuu). I thoroughly enjoyed these three shows as Ijiri & Bananaman are capable of drawing out the fun/ interesting part of Nogis and I (for the most part) exclusively only watch these three shows.​

• Like Like x 1
  9. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Higashimura Mei
    By dad decided to watch Nogichuu after watching HinaAi and SokoSaku together, and after long term exposure I have become a fan :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. redavis460

redavis460 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Forever Himetan
    This is an old thread, but I’ll tell my story:

During the Spring of 2020 COVID quarantine here in the USA, my son (who is studying Japanese language), noticed that Netflix was streaming the live-action Kakegurui series (which fortunately had English subtitles). He suggested we could watch it to pass the time, and with some resistance, I finally agreed. Initially, I couldn’t see how a story about high-schoolers attending a private school that promoted gambling could possibly be appealing; after all, gambling has never been something I have been interested in. I remember thinking, in my limited exposure to Japanese culture, something to the effect of “Those Japanese really come up with some crazy scenarios”, or thoughts to that effect.

Boy was I wrong! Every one of the characters was mesmerizing, and for the first season, I was particularly drawn to the performances of Aoi Morikawa, Ruka Matsuda, and Natsumi Okamoto (though it seemed like it took me an eternity to remember their names due to what at the time seemed like unpronounceable syllables – how times have changed)! I began to research the actresses, and found that Ruka and Natsumi had starred in the 2019 movie “Back Street Girls: Gokudols”. This was my first exposure to Idol culture and, though it was a parody, it served as a two-hour “crash course” into the basics. By the time we worked through Gokudols and the first season of Kakegurui, fate would seemingly introduce me to Sayuri Matsumura and the character of Yumemi in the second season’s first episode.

Sayuri played her part flawlessly, and her natural comedic genius in every scene made me curious to research her. It was then that I discovered Nogizaka46, but the overwhelming mental intimidation of the task of memorizing all of the members made me hesitant to initially dig too deep. The crack in my armor though, was the English-subbed “Matsumin” skit from one of the 46-hour TV specials. I happened to stumble across it on YouTube one evening, complete with the ridiculous outfits and dance moves that Sayuri forced the others to endure. It would have been devastatingly hilarious had it not been for the obvious distress of the member dressed in yellow (who I later found out was the beautiful and talented Kana Nakada). The cause of her anguish became a mystery to me that I vowed to solve, but never actually have; maybe she was just exhausted after doing multiple skits for two straight days, and then being humiliated as a final insult?

It was from there that the floodgates of my research opened to treasure-trove sites like Stage48.net which, by posting separate threads for each member, helped me to learn the aspects of each of their personalities. Most helpful has been the subbed episodes that I worked through from the beginning, which forms a historical archive of the resolve of each of them to be the best they can be as they developed into world-class entertainers.

Though part of this may have been covered in the previous paragraph, I will say, from a musical perspective, my appreciation for their abilities probably has its core appeal to me through the talents and efforts of the Under Members and their incredible harmonies. Don’t get me wrong, I love Erika, Ikoma, Shiraishi and Nanase, but there is never any doubt that when they open their mouths to sing (Erika especially), they are the ones at the front of the soundtrack. On the other hand, the Under Members always seem to musically fill the concert hall with a convergent harmony which defies identifying any one girl. In trying to grasp the magic of this, I have a working hypothesis that it has something to do with a certain harmonic interaction that is baselined with Marika, Misa Eto, Asuka, Himetan, and possibly Rotti. Though any of the early songs will do as an example, probably the most recognizable is Umareta mama de (生まれたままで); the energy of this song alone would probably cover the energy needs of a small city for several months.

Though the level of my admiration and dedication probably pales in comparison to some of the members here (despite my best efforts), Their concerts and variety shows have been a creative wellspring of positive energy for us since we have discovered them over a year ago; in a world seemingly held hostage to disharmony and bad news, these young ladies have provided a ray of sunshine and hope for a better future. My new goal is to someday make it to Japan to see these lovely and talented women perform what they do best – regardless of which generation it might be when I eventually make it!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 4
  11. Hinakix

Hinakix Kenkyuusei

I went to Japan on a trip 4 years ago. I wanted to buy a souvenir and decided on a Japanese CD. But I had no idea which one to take. So I asked a saleswoman what kind of CD she could recommend for me. She gave me the " Ima ga Omoide ni Naru Made " album. I liked it very much and half a year later I was able to experience Nogizaka46 in Shanghai. By then I was a big fan.

• Like Like x 4