1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

How did you discover AKB48?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by arrowisland, Jun 10, 2007.

1. technosworld

technosworld Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    furuhatanao
    It was only last year actually....I was watching youtube videos of Japanese commercials and I saw one with Tomochin and a lion, for a cell phone company?

Anyway, she was so kawaii, I had to find out who it was...then I found her name, her pics, and then AKBingo episodes, which I started watching all the time...so much fun. I got to "know" most of the original girls and their quirks, attitudes and started to like their individual personalities.

Eventually after finding some more resources online, I started to watch all of the other major TV shows, the dramas, etc. and really enjoyed the whole thing ever since :)

2. razgriz1011

razgriz1011 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    rezkywirantidhike
    Twitter:
    razgriz2520
    Honestly the first time i saw AKB or any of their sister group is from a local magazine about Japanese manga, anime, culture and so on..
    Then JKT came into realization and that's when i got interested in this fandom

3. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    One stage got me into them (B1) and one specific member (You can tell by my name) and I will cross thread here from a quote I had posted in the Yukirin thread~

4. Bushido

Bushido Kenkyuusei

AKBingo. First when I saw their music video Heavy Rotation, I had a less than ideal opinion of them to say the least. After AKBingo and seeing their truer selves, I was hooked.

5. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Back in 2012, a Japanese film came on one our film channels called Confessions.
    Watched it, and for about a minute in the background of one scene there was this group dancing and singing on the TV and I just couldn't get the song out of my head. They kept focusing on some of the members while the characters were talking, and I was just mesmerized.
    Went away, looked it up, discovered it was AKB48 singing 'River'... and I've never looked back =P

6. Echigo~No~Ryu

Echigo~No~Ryu Kenkyuusei

Laboratorium: dedicated to create Mayuyu Cyborg
    Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    i discover akb48 when i just wandering around the internet and found guinness world record site,looking up some article and there is this "largest pop group" i read it and was shocked, bloody hell that was alot of members! :lol:. so i started looking up in youtube and i watched beginner and sakura ki ni narou and the rest is history:blush:

7. ふざけないで

ふざけないで Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    マジすか学園。

I noticed Yuko a few years earlier in the drama 私が恋愛できない理由, which I started watching because I liked Yuriko Yoshitaka.

8. FiftyOneDegrees

FiftyOneDegrees Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    I had heard about AKB before, but hadn't really paid them too much attention. I do watch a fair bit of anime though, so when 0048 started showing I though I'd give it a watch and I was absolutely hooked.

9. yukoshi

yukoshi Kenkyuusei

My best friend in high school introduce me to the group and coincidentally, the AKB shop was open here(its closed already :cry:) and then we got the tix for one of their theater stages.
    After that performance, I was officially into AKB48! :lol:

10. Elementaljyt

Elementaljyt Kenkyuusei

It was Oshima Yuko in Spirit Teacher Odagiri. I was trying to find out who she was because she looks older than Ishihara Satomi. HKT I would like to think it was bit of mix of fate and coincidence. I have NHK at work so I saw the video for Melon Juice and I thought it was AKB. And here I am with HKT as my favorite group.

11. pink

pink Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitahararie
    My first introduction to idols was through momoclo, and through that I kept hearing about AKB this and AKB that, and so I searched them up on youtube and found Hebirote. I clicked halfway out bcos I was disgusted by the fact there were so many young girls being objectified.

I forgot about them for like a whole year, until I read an article on them, and I witnessed hebirote again. I was still pissed off about the objectifying but the song started getting caught in my head. I listened to some of their other songs, watched some variety shows... and well, yeah :blush:

12. AfoInvnt

AfoInvnt Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Marukuru21
    I noticed first time AKB when "Kaze wa fuiteiru" was played on a radio programe here in Spain, they said a japanes group became #1 on sales and I listened that song and I liked it.

But when I started to like AKB was when I was listening some EDs/OPs from anime and I found this video and I give it a try, because I listened a song from them before:

if the video does not show watch the video here

I realized there that the center singer has a great voice, more than great, wonderful, despite Myao is trolling the song xD looking for more sings by her I pass to look any fun video from her, due to that I finished on AKBingos enjoying and discovering new girls, and bit by bit.... :)

That's the story of how I met my oshimen and how I started to like AKB

13. Tsundere!

Tsundere! Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    At first,I was only interested in virtual idol (like Vocaloid,The Idolm@ster ecc...). Then my sister started to tell me about a japanese idol group she saw (she doesn't care about AKB at all). The first thing she told me about was "a girl from AKB shaved her hair". After I started to saw AKB0048 and LOVED Miichan's "Blue Rose":). The first PV I listened to was Beginner and started to search about the girl with glasses;)

14. Joachim

Joachim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Twitter:
    Joche74
    Hi all, have been here for a while, but as a silent reader Mostly..

I heard one of their songs "Heavy Rotation" summer 2013 on NärCon and found it good but thought probably never right then searching the group more, until i found the video recording from NärCon when I went through my photo archives a bit ago and thought I'll see who it is that really makes this song, and found that it is the group AKB48 and then started doing some searches on youtube and found a lot of songs and have really get stuck to their music and have probably listened constant since then and they are really good..

15. Meekee

Meekee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    Well I've probably known about AKB since late 2010 to early 2011 ish. As a huge Hello! Project fan i've always of course known about the 48groups but I was really indifferent to them except for maybe liking Takamina because of the episode where Momusu were on Mujack before EriJunLin's graduation. It really wasn't until I finally decided to give AKB0048 a try that I became an actual fan, and bam here I am today :)

16. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

In 2012 I remember watching funny Japanese Shows on Youtube and it recommended AKBINGO. It was interesting but I wasn't in to Idols back then. Fast forward to March of 2014, I heard about the upcoming general election. Now I am addicted to AKB. I think I spent over a thousand dollars in AKB merchandise over the past 3 months...

17. Nuneul

Nuneul Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    My first contact with AKB was with Yasai sisters in 2011. I hated it so much to be honest.
    Last year, I used to follow a girl who's a huge fan of AKB & Shinoda Mariko. I wanted to be friends with her ; so I browsed her medias to find a "decent MV of this strange group". This MV was Everyday Kachuusha. The song hasn't grown on me, but I immediatly loved Mariko & Jurina. At the point I wanted to know more about these two & AKB. :)

18. Lulu

Lulu Kenkyuusei

I've been a fan of AKB48 since 2011, when my friend read an article on Aimi Eguchi. She showed me Ice no Kuchizake, and we both really liked it :) we started looking up other PVs, music, ect, and got hooked! I'd never really related to western pop music, but AKB was my style! The girls were much more relatable than western pop stars, and that really appealed to me. I have no regrets!

19. AshSatoshi

AshSatoshi Kenkyuusei

Physically in Singapore, Mentally in Japan.
    Hmm how did I discover AKB48? Easy. I actually first came to learn of them when Chiyuu and Tomochin played Queen and Elizabeth in Kamen Rider W (Yes, I am a Kamen Rider fan. In fact, I am quite a big Tokusatsu fan myself.).

20. nickblitz

nickblitz Kenkyuusei

I love that gif in your signature!!

I wanted to download that song that SDN48 sang.. and then i was browsing through and noticed AKB48. So i watched every kachusha and beginner MV and fell in <3<3.