1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

How did you discover AKB48?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by arrowisland, Jun 10, 2007.

1. ACE CARD

ACE CARD Kenkyuusei

^ Welcome to the thread of Akb48 ( and Yukirin world thread included) :)

2. NonKaNon

NonKaNon Kenkyuusei

hello...
    i got into AKB48 because....:wtf:
    on 2012, still Junior High School. Many of my friends was watching JKT'S River,KFC,and Yuuhi everyday on school using Projector in my class. The girls were practice dancing too. so I search about JKT and ... found AKB48!
    I Found AKB'S RIVER, wow thats so amazing... and cool performance:XD:
    and then found SKE,NMB,and HKT..
    We also using boku no sakura and sakura no shiori as our school graduation song..:lol:

"found my oshi on december 2014":blush:

Oh... i just realized that i already had their songs on 2011 in my phone... [hehe][hehe]
    #sorryRIPEnglish:^^;:

3. Ugokanaide

Ugokanaide Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Moriyasu Madoka
    I met "akb" back in 2011 when SDN48's Ai, Chuseyo was aired on MTV Brasil. I liked the song (even though I didn't understand lirycs lol) and when I decided to learn Japanese in 2013 I remembered them. But at that time SDN had already graduated so, after listening only those 35 songs in Japanese, I decided to move on and try to find another group to follow. I wanted a 48 one, because I really enjoy the big concerts and I ended up Oshimen-ing Madoka after watching H1st Minogashita Kimitachi e 2. And now I'm here so yeah. Cool.

4. mayuoshiri

mayuoshiri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    You know how on some websites they have the "Around the Web" links at the bottom? That is exactly how I discovered them.

I have no idea what website I was on, but one of the links at the bottom was something along the lines of "Japanese Girl Group Promotes Homosexuality." It was article about that Puccho candy ad they did where they passed the candy with their mouths. I watched the ad, but I found nothing wrong with it. I decided to listen to a few of their songs, so I went by their first single. However, seeing the large amount of members threw me off and I forget about them.

However, fate would have it that I would discover them again. Again, I was on a website and there was a link at the bottom that said something like "Japan Pop Star Shaves Head as Apology." It was not that long after Miichan's scandal. After being exposed to be AKB48 twice, I decided the best thing to do is listen to them and get to know more of the members.

The first song I really heard by them and liked was River, however their latest song at the time was So Long. My first favorite member was Oku Manami, but she had already graduated, but that was during the first time I discovered them. My first real oshi was Mayu. I've been a fan for almost 2 years now, and I'm still here and hopefully will stay longer.

5. park_sujong48

park_sujong48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    I've also known about them, seeing as how they are the biggest Japanese girl group. But I had never tried them seeing as how before JPOP annoyed me. I heard one song a couple weeks ago and fell in love with them only a week ago did I decide to see other songs now I'm a fan of them

6. Tsumu

Tsumu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Good day everyone.

After lurking so many years, I think it's time to join the community and contribute a bit, even if it means just to say hi.

My story with AKB48 started with a random hit from Youtube. It was sometime during 2008 and I was just randomly browsing J-music performances when suggested videos gave me a push for an idol PV from a group that I had not really heard before. That PV was Aitakatta from AKB48. While not really hooked, i remember thinking, I'll probably hear alot more of this group later on. And i was right.

Some time passed, life happened and sometime late 2009 I notice myself watching random clips from show called AKBingo! (and it's forerunner shows). While watching Ijiri Okada menacing the poor girls with his tongue and me laughing my ass of because of it, I realize I've probably found something that I want to invest my spare time for.

Final nail in the coffin was seeing AKB48 and specially Minegishi Minami's performance of Beginner in AKB48 Tokyo Aki Matsuri 2010 (from a recording, not actually being there). That performance did everything right. Cool looking uniforms on a cool looking girls, performing awesome song while rain poured in. Shivers ran down my spine. I gotta get into this.

After that, I've been staying as casual fan of AKB48, and later, the whole 48-group in general.

7. paruchory

paruchory Kenkyuusei

Hi,

I met akb48 in a general newspaper back in 2011 (title: a pop-group larger than 40 members all girls who sell more than lady gaga), after the heavy rotation and ponytail video on youtube I start to study akb48 and idols in general and Japanese media system (gorgeous).
    (curiously in my navigation on the net - I'm a japan lover 360°, from mishima & kurosawa to akb48 & momokuro -
    I already read something occasionally before the newspaper, and also in my first trip in Japan - 2009 - but without understanding, es: why 30 girls in uniform are sitting in a tv show? Who care [hehe])

8. Nima87

Nima87 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Hi to everyone!

I love Japan and J Music. I'd heard about AKB48, but i had never followed seriously them,although they were famous and always on the top of the Oricon Charts. I don't know why,i wasn't interested in AKB48. I began to love them since last year,during my beautiful travel in Japan. I was in Tokyo, i was walking in Akihabara streets and i found by chance the Don Quijote. I entered in the building, and i went up until the last floor. During that day,the AKB48 were performing (i don't remember which team was!), and i was there, in front of the entrance of their theater. I felt excited: i was a few meters from the most famous group of Japan!
    When i came back in Italy,i began to know well the AKB48 and the other groups, listening their music and watching their dramas until i felt in love with them! I think that if i didn't go in Japan last year,maybe now i wouldn't be a AKB48 fan. I don't understand why i've took so many years to appreciate them, but now i'm happy to be a AKB48 (and especially my beloved Mayuyu) fan!

9. totoro

totoro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    I guess I have youtube to thank for me being here. One random day after browsing some Chinese and Japanese MVs, up popped a suggestion for a video with over 100 million views; which piqued my curiosity since not many Asian MVs had such high views.

Felt like a pedophile the first time I saw Heavy Rotation, but Yuko just had that certain charm that drew your attention right away. Although I still recall having problems differentiating between Yuko and Acchan back then. Lol.

A few other MVs later, and Gingham Check had me hooked on Yukirin and Yuko. Next thing you know, I'm watching AKBingo nonstop, and the rest is history. On my Nogizaka phase now since it seems their new singles (Kimi no Na wa Kibou & Nandome no Aozora ka) I find are much better than the new AKB songs.

10. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    When I was still in highschool, a friend of mine who is already a fan told me to try and listen to AKB48, just that, and I totally forgot about it for 2 years.

Then, one day, I was searching for a good anime to watch, then I saw AKB0048. Then, I was like: "Wait, so this is what he told me back then." And I watched it.

After watching the two full seasons, I became a fan.

11. jimmyonishi

jimmyonishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katorena
    On the New Year's Special by Downtown (Big Gaki no Tsukai fan here), there was a segment where they had Heavy Rotation as music

if the video does not show watch the video here
    and some old guy was center.
    At this time, I did not know about AKB so I googled the song and they came up. Played Heavy Rotation on infinite loop and started watching AKbingo. I have now branched out and developed a likeness for the sister groups HKT48 and Nogizaka46. Can't get enough!

12. shirocha

shirocha Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miyazawa Sae, Kinoshita Momoka
    Twitter:
    soonyoungi_
    I discovered them after watching AKB0048. When I finished it I started searching for songs from the show and realized it was based off of an actual group, and now here I am~

13. Suari Ardiez

Suari Ardiez Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    All of you got very special experience. Meanwhile I attracted by AKB48 due to Dragon Ball Z Kai... Short story.. :) Then watched some AKBingo...

14. masguas

masguas Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Twitter:
    MasagusRivani
    Around 2011, I firstly heard Heavy Rotation Indonesia version on TV CM, than my friend told me that Japanese version is much better then I hear it.
    Near 2012 end, I saw them first time from my friend who at that time he was watching AKBingo. Slowly but sure I become to like Ono Erena but after I watched Majisuka Gakuen 1-2, I decided that Yokoyama Yui is my kamioshi, until now.

15. airi

airi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Four years ago or so, my friend from a forum sent me several SNSD and AKB48 videos. I was overwhelmed with the number of members in AKB, and the music didn't suit my taste at the time, so I disregarded them. I really liked SNSD, though, so I got into them and many other k-pop groups, and one of the k-pop fans I met happened to be a huge AKB fan. In 2013, she sent me some Yuko and Kojiharu videos, and I really liked them, so I started to research the group. That's how I ended up liking them, though I have to say I'm much more interested in them now than I was in 2013.

16. ふざけないで

ふざけないで Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Decided to check out Majisuka Gakuen on a whim while searching for J-drama to watch, curiosity piqued by the novelty of idols in an apparently brutal yankii drama. Watched the first episode, thinking it was brutally awful. Stuck with it, eventually warmed to it (particularly when Gekikara showed up) and it all started from there. :^^;:

17. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    does this thread already exist?

I joined after watching a lot of AKbingo during my freetime

18. Tsumu

Tsumu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

19. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

If the OP didn't answer it's own question first... Why should I? :hmm:

20. Pierxe

Pierxe Kenkyuusei

so sorry about that lol.. iwent to pages 1 2 3 and didnt find a similar thread so i decided to start one xD thx for moving it here.