1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

How did you discover and get addicted to STAGE48?

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Shin, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Shin

Shin Kenkyuusei

Our forum is growing up every day, and it will not take long time to have 300 members.
    So I just wondered how you guys discovered and got addicted to STAGE48.

My case is that I found XxUchihaItachixX posted the link to STAGE48 in the AKB48 thread at Jpopmusic.com.
    When I visited this forum for the first time, I thought this is a really cool forum and decided to stay active here.
    Then it didn't take much time for me to get addicted to STAGE48.
    Thus when Uchi said he would leave the forum, I was really sad and shocked because I found this forum through him.

2. Twintails

Twintails Kenkyuusei

I found it through the AKB48 page on Wiki.thePPN. :D I didn't think I'd post that much (I've never been good with forums), but I wanted to find out more about AKB, so I joined... and now I'm really active :O Who would've thought.

3. Tales

Tales Kenkyuusei

Exactly my case, while looking for the girls names in the wiki, I saw that this forum will help me identifying the girls (as some girls on the pictures in the wiki look nothing like they look in selected PVs).

I still don't find myself fully a member here, mainly because my knowledge of AKB is not that extensive, and I don't want to spoil others by going to the AKB forums as an illetirate (sp?) bastard that knows nothing, so far I live here in the Building, while I ocassionally go to the AKB news forums, but I don't like to go there much, even though I know that people here are really warm.

4. ahounokotoba

ahounokotoba Kenkyuusei

Asking the "all knows person" off course Google :D
    Happy yay!!! :D

5. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Yeah, Google lead me to this place, too. I think I was searching for a possible tracker dedicated to AKB48 like how there's one for Hello! Project at Hello!Online. I forget the detail there.

6. Eques

Eques Kenkyuusei

I used to be active on only one forum about jpop, and even though there was an AKB48 thread there, it was really bad (I'm partially to blame for that, though) and it had nothing to do with AKB48 pretty much from the start.
    See, this is the second sentence from the very first post in that thread:
    Other choice quotes from the first couple of posts:
    So then I made a really creepy (but fake) post, part of which I've actually posted here before. It was meant to be an obvious joke, but the thread was pretty much ruined from that point on, particularly after someone seriously started agreeing with me.

I had already given up hope for interesting discussion about anything on that forum, though, so I wasn't too surprised about it, but I still hoped to find a good place to talk about AKB48.

Some time later I Googled something like "AKB48 forums", which lead me to their page on wiki.thePPN, where I found a link to some InvisionFree board with not that many members yet. I decided to register, because it seemed to be the only English language forum dedicated to AKB48.

7. Erena

Erena Kenkyuusei

Twintails that is the same with me!
    I found them the same way! I'm also not really good at posting eigther!

8. Eririn

Eririn Kenkyuusei

My friend Keiti give me a link. XD

9. arrowisland

arrowisland Kenkyuusei

I believe it was from jph!p when we were lobbying to get an AKB subforum over there. I didn't join for a while though, because in general I'm not huge on forums. I have to give it all or nothing. Well, you can guess what I ended up going with here :p

10. TimeBomb

TimeBomb Kenkyuusei

11. CDevil

CDevil Member

Mine's the same as Shin's. I used to post a lot at the JPM AKB48 thread, but not much discussion goes on there anymore.
    :shock: That was a joke?

:lol:

12. Kyobu

Kyobu Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    Thank god all the pre-phpBB members had faith in the board. If you guys didn't make the forum so great, I doubt I would have looked into getting us the new board. Especially with that spelling mistake... So, I'm just going to use this thread to thank EVERYONE who is active here, you're great.

I can't believe you remember EriUK :lol:!

13. Shin

Shin Kenkyuusei

Is that "AKBfourty8"?

14. foojason

foojason Kenkyuusei

Keiti's a cool guy. Nice stories everyone. :D

Let's see. Similar to some of you, my addiction all began from another forum. An AKB48 thread was made and I peeked in to see what it was all about and I stumbled upon a link that led to the "Skirts, Hirari" PV.

The PV was amazing. The huge mass of girls, the dancing, singing, and the skirts. :shock: The skirts, "hirari"ing was just an added bonus though. Honestly I didn't pay attention to that part much. I paid more attention to the music. ;) What really was amazing was Takamina's beautiful voice. That girl can sing. :D Some solo lines were a bit painful to hear however *ahem* Risa's, Tomochin's, and even Acchan's *ahem*. But the song as a whole was so catchy and addictive. Thus my hunger for more drove me to find this forum full of amazing fans dedicated to AKB48 and all it's glory.

At first, I thought I would never like AKB48. I've already got other bands that I listen to and 48 members were too much to handle for me feeble mind. XD
    But I was so wrong. Oh so wrong. XD

15. TimeBomb

TimeBomb Kenkyuusei

16. pikopikopong

pikopikopong Kenkyuusei

Found the link at another forum. jpopmusic i think.
    I'm a slow poster since I don't know much about them but I love them.

17. ahounokotoba

ahounokotoba Kenkyuusei

So most people know from somebody else huh :shock:
    I thought that more people ask the "all knows person" :D
    Happy yay!!! :D

18. txandyy

txandyy Kenkyuusei

I was looking for information on AKB48, the names of the girls and photos of their, and found this forum.

What me it made addict to was that it has much and very good information for AKB48

19. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

I think what introduced me to Stage48 was Hello Online forums, i found out about it somehow and i am sure glad i did.

20. johnnyaiba

johnnyaiba Kenkyuusei

is use google to find akb48 information.
    This is a good place^^