1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

If AKB48 did have an election in 2020?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Ilovemiyuki, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Ilovemiyuki

Ilovemiyuki Kenkyuusei

What do you reckon? Just a random guess lol.

1. Muto Tomo
    2. Okada Nana
    3. Suda Akari
    4. Ogino Yuka
    5. Yokoyama Yui
    6. Yoshida Akari
    7. Shiroma Miru
    8. Furuhata Nao
    9. Homma Hinata
    10. Mukaichi Mion
    11. Tashima Meru
    12. Souda Sarina
    13. Takino Yumiko
    14. Tanaka MIku
    15. Oba Mina
    16. Kumazaki Haruka
    17. Fukuoka Seina
    18. Yamauchi Mizuki
    19. Nakai Rika
    20. Nara Miharu
    21. Yabushita Fu
    22. Cherprang Areekul
    23. Matsuoka Hana
    24. Praewa Suthamphong (Music)
    25. Oguri Yui
    26. Mogi Shinobu
    27. Okamoto Rena
    28. Shibuya Nagisa
    29. Kato Yuuka
    30. Murase Sae
    31. Fujisaki Miyu
    32. Iwatate Saho
    33. Nishigata Marina
    34. Omori Miyuu
    35. Kitazawa Saki
    36. Ma Chia-Ling
    37. Kato Minami
    38. Ishida Chiho
    39. Matsuoka Natsumi
    40. Motomura Aoi
    41. Kawakami Chihiro
    42. Morita Ayaka
    43. Jonishi Rei
    44. Kato Rena
    45. Sakaguchi Nagisa
    46. Oguma Tsugumi
    47. Tani Marika
    48. Komiyama Haruka
    49. Fuchigami Mai
    50. Kojina Yui
    51. Akiyoshi Yuka
    52. Jitoe Nene
    53. Saito Makiko
    54. Kojima Karin
    55. Ida Reona
    56. Hidaka Yuzuki
    57. Takeuchi Saki
    58. Arai Yuki
    59. Yamauchi Suzuran
    60. Kamata Natsuki
    61. Azuma Yuki
    62. Taniguchi Megu
    63. Kuranoo Narumi
    64. Ego Yuna
    65. Oda Erina
    66. Unjo Hirona
    67. Tatsuya Makiho
    68. Sasaki Yukari
    69. Uchiyama Mikoto
    70. Oya Shizuka
    71. Miyazaki Miho
    72. Nakanishi Chiyori
    73. Nakamura Ayuka
    74. Ishizuka Akari
    75. Yamamoto Ayaka
    76. Umeyama Cocona
    77. Shitao Miu
    78. Okabe Rin
    79. Iwata Hina
    80. Sakaki Miyu

2. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    You're right about being random.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    I’m guessing Ogino Yuka would not participate due to the controversy her high rank (and potential win) would cause. Dasu would definitely win with Naachan and either Miru or Akarin rounding out the top 3.

And SKE would have another girl or two in Kami7

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Ilovemiyuki

Ilovemiyuki Kenkyuusei

I know lol. Tried to give it a go.

5. luis castro

luis castro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I think the first place would be for YUKIRIN

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Ugokanaide

Ugokanaide Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Moriyasu Madoka
    I think Kami 7 would be something like

1. Yukirin
    She's the only one who can put up a fight against Suda's 2018 vote count and Suda probably has no reason to seat out, age doesn't seem to be a problem for these two)​
    2. Dasu
    3. Nana
    4. Miku

Seems like too high of a jump but does anyone know how many votes it takes to go #1 in RH?
    5. Tomu
    6. Yuihan
    7. Some SKE member

I wanna bet on Soda :inlove:

7. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

Well I know one thing, there are a bunch of members I would want to have made not eligible right from the get go. For example the few remnants from AKB48's 1st-9th generations, the remnants from SKE48's 1st-4th generations, NMB48's Shiroma Miru (already too established and alone in her generation to not rank well, I would want some surprises from this election) as well as those currently based in a group outside of Japan. For me while it'd be nice to see Suda Akari someday win the election managing to come in 2nd to Jurina and ahead of Sakura tells everything we needed to know. Where she goes in SKE48 after that should be loud and clear.

In Tsuzuki Rika's case I can't see a large amount of people rallying to get her ranked after a combination of both not ranking and not participating in the 3rd to 10th elections regardless of the fact she's the last one standing from SKE48 4th gen. In the case of girls outside Japan JKT48 would likely have opted not to participate as a collective whole again, and I would be shocked if Izuta Rina ranked (although she's made some headway in terms of popularity since going overseas her track record while in her original Japan based group is even worse than Tsuzuki Rika's in SKE48 since she never opted out of participation and simply failed to rank in year after year for 8 elections).

In the case of BNK48 I would honestly not mind losing out on the pleasant surprise of members from that group ranking in or an equally likely situation where we get a repeat of the same girls from there who once ranked already being the only ones who do or none of them ranking at all. In Sakura's case she likely wouldn't have been eligible this year anyway, same goes for the other girls who went to IZONE. Wouldn't want them to make an exception for them regardless.

With the above members ineligible I would be very interested to see where girls land. Would girls who have seemingly become more popular of late fall, rise, rank, not rank. I would imagine there would still not be a whole lot of surprises, but this set-up would allow for a few more than we usually get. Particularly would be interested to see if any of the girls I left eligible would actually choose not to participate.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    100% accurate and unbiased 2020 Kami 7 prediction:

1. Taniguchi Megu
    2. Muto Tomu
    3. Ogino Yuka
    4. Shitao Miu (thank you Korea for finally recognizing her virtues)
    5. Suda Akari
    6. Yokoyama Yui (Team 8)
    7. Okada Nana

Have you just not paid attention to NMB48 rankings in previous elections or...?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  9. Dragonkiller12012

^I'm aware she was 24, 12, and 20 in the last 3 elections. Tell me what one learns from her being power voted higher than ever before though. It'd be like Takamina and Kojiharu making comebacks when they'd dropped in ranks (in Kojiharu's case the bid to make such a bounce back didn't even work out). It serves no purpose regarding where they stand within the group. Just blocks someone fresh from ranking and the Senbatsu bracket from being shaken up some more. It'd be one thing if NMB48 was suddenly going to enter a Shiroma Miru absolute center era like when Acchan was in AKB48 or like Keyakizaka46 had with Hirate Yurina, but if it's just for the happy feels of someone who has already made Media Senbatsu at the elections making Kami 7, top 5, top 3, or winning I'm not here for it. Sorry not sorry.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    Well, if it's still a Sekai Senbatsu SSK, I'm pretty sure none of the MNL members would rank high since the fans here doesn't really have a lot of money, I'm guessing around 91~100 and only one of them ranks in here

11. Minowa Natsuki

Minowa Natsuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Am I the only one that thinks that if there is another SSK it will just be JPN48? As I am aware that ITL48 joined 2 years ago because of the election’s 10th edition.

Anyways my prediction assuming Yukirin and Yuiri still won’t participate and the rest still enter, I am guessing these people will be in Kami7: Dasu, Naachan, Yuihan, Tomu, Miru, Mion, Miku. With the first 4 already ranked in top 7 before, I don’t see any reason one of them to drop out.
    Miru would have a high chance knowing she dropped out of senbatsu 2 years ago, and a lot of empty spots in Senbatsu, Kami7 is probably within her reach.
    Miku being the highest HKT representative atm, unless someone else surpass her.
    And Mion, the soukantoku (no correlation but her fans would probably fire up knowing she is the only soukantoku not in top7 yet lol)

Anyways I would be more than happy to have unexpected names making it to Kami7 and Senbatsu! Wondering if Yuiyui, Rinrin and Zukkii would make it to Senbatsu, being the front line members of AKB atm.

Personally would want someone like Megutan to enter Senbatsu just to see how management reacts to this :gavel:seriously, ranking for 2016-2018 elections, steadily rising to next girls center and still not part of any AKB Senbatsu???

12. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I personally don't understand this logic that "popular members should not participate and let the new girls rank better and be happy"... Because:

1) If every single popular girl who ranks well doesn't participate, the event becomes boring considering it won't have anyone really popular and most people won't even pay attention.

2) I'm pretty sure that new girls don't want to get things handed to them and would rather compete with popular girls and possibly rank above them (an actual achievement), rather than easily rank up because everyone else isn't participating. This isn't exciting at all and it loses all the meaning of having an election.

3) There's already more than enough popular and relevant members who graduated so there aren't that many "big" names in 48G anyway. if we don't count those who announced grad, isn't Yukirin the only one who's known by the public... Mirurun is still a member who's trying to build her career so I don't see why she would need to leave the competition. Elections are not about being happy because you get a rank, it's about competing with others and getting a boost in popularity depending on how well you do, and who you compete with matters, it shouldn't be too easy to else it's not an achievement at all and it brings nothing in your career.

If there are elections again (and I hope there will because I miss it), I actually hope that every member participates because 48G is not in a state where they have a lot of big names, so having everyone participate is the best way to actually create some excitement in the event. Let's say they bring it back next year, it would be more interesting if we have Yukirin vs Suda than if it's an obvious Suda win or if every popular girl doesn't participate. At least this way the event can make the news in Japan and have more people interested. then if new girls can have impressive rankings, it will also get more attention, rather than if they are the only ones competing so they do well, but no one will care to look at it.

AKB is in need of becoming more relevant, not less. I'm pretty sure that girls like Yukirin staying longer in the group is both for herself but also for the sake of the group, the promotion she does for AKB on her Youtube is great. It's the same as Sasshi staying for a long time wasn't for herself (she didn't need it) it was for the sake of AKB/HKT. So let's make use of popular girls to help keeping AKB relevant and help new girls get attention, rather than rejecting popular girls and making AKB and 48G become less popular...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dragonkiller12012

^There are plenty of girls from generations I didn't want excluded from participation who are already forces to be reckoned with in their own right when it comes to popularity though. And if we keep on focusing on the past even the remnants of it who indeed may be lingering for the sake of their kouhai the group will never properly move into an actual future. This event is guaranteed to make the news in Japan as it is a highly covered one every time after the first one.

AKB48 as a group name is still more than relevant enough on its own for people to pay attention to what their members are doing and having such established faces not participate would put a spotlight on the next generations. Also in terms of overall members participating there would still be more than enough for there to still be exciting things happening in terms of ranks. There's still room for a bloodbath that is to say. Still room for them to build plenty of stories.

And Sashihara Rino winning the event 3 times in a row did nothing to make it exciting, that should say it all about seniors clogging up the ranks. It just turned the 1st place position into a glass cannon. If you've already achieved that victory you'll never be able to recreate the splendor of that first victory. Even when you attach a story to it like when we had the rivalry of Maeda Atsuko and Oshima Yuko. And when it comes to girls who've frequented the top 3 the likelihood of them not falling from there only means they'll rise to 1st which is equally not exciting this many years in.

PS: Shiroma Miru still carving out her career in her own group is the best joke I've heard all year. She's already gone as far as Media Senbatsu at one of these but they still don't know what they're going to do with her in terms of her role/place in her home group when they're down to her being the last of a founding generation well...there's more concerns there than rising to Kami 7, Top 3, or winning this event. I already mentioned the only way her climbing further at this event would have any sorta purpose is if NMB48 was going to enter a Shiroma Miru absolute center era (something like Keyakizaka46 with Hirate Yurina).

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    I'd agree with pretty much all the others, but including Miru in your list of members who should be excluded--and thinking she has a chance in hell of ever making Kami 7--is absurd. She's simply not a threat to newer members, and some familiar faces in (maybe) lower senbatsu are beneficial. Furthermore she's still actively participating as a member, vs. for example Yukirin and Yuihan who are (or were before corona) doing their own thing.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
  15. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I still disagree. If it's "not exciting that a member wins again or that members of top 3 rise to the top", then what happens if we have an election without all the top ranks, then let's say Naachan wins and Yuiyui/Miku rank top 3 (just took random names as examples). Are we going to say "they shouldn't participate next year then because Naachan winning again would be boring and Yuiyui/Miku rising to #1 would be expected and boring"? I disagree with this logic and it goes against competition to always remove the strong ones. Every member is going to graduate eventually anyway... I see no reason that anyone shouldn't participate and especially not "to let the others rank better"...

I said Mirurun is still building her career, not in NMB, but her own career as a whole. A lot of these girls are using AKB or their idol career as a way to start their own careers after leaving. Mirurun is very popular in NMB and in 48G, but she is not that much known to the general public in Japan, she still has to work on her recognition, her popularity. I don't know her plans once she graduates, but she has the right to keep building and increasing her popularity while she's in the group. Elections are one of the best ways to get a boost so I don't see why she should sacrifice herself, she can keep participating even if she ranks top 3. Girls like Sayanee stop participating (or Sasshi or Yukirin) because their popularity was above the elections, it wasn't something they needed anymore to be popular on their own with the public. This isn't the case at all for Mirurun (or for anyone in the current 48G), so she can keep participating.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Does an AKB senbatsu sousenkyou really make sense at this point? It would be more a snoozefest of girls who are unknown to the GP, fighting for senbatsu and first place. There are no more really big kami members in this group.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    As a devil advocate, I 'd say they were a bunch of nobodies back in 2009.
    Remember the winner gathered only 4600 votes then.

But still, I agree their management has to work a lot on making 48 groups relevant enough so they are recognised again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Kami 7 was a thing before the elections, yes, but it didn't really become a thing until the first elections. During the first elections, AKB was still relatively unknown to the general public. Without that first election, we wouldn't have a kami 7 that the general public became aware of, and who current members look up to till this day. If Anything, now (well, not now but maybe after miss rona settles down lol) is the best time to hold them. There are so many new fresh faces that are being pushed in each group as centers, and faces that finally have a shot at holding a place now that 'all the old members who hog the spots have graduated'. It would be a damn shame if they didn't bother with the elections now.

For me personally, don't know where exactly they would rank, but I can at least see senbatsu looking like this

Kami 7 - Yukirin, Dasu, Naachan, Tomu, Miku, Miru, Honma
    8 to 12 - Yuihan, Mion, Yuuri, ObaMina
    13 to 16 - Ogino, Yuiyui, Okabe, Sarina

The undergirls will be filled with the rest of the hags and fresh faces that have been pushed this and last year.
    Miru will be hard carried by majority NMB fans to get someone up there. I can see Saeppi, Nagisa, Ayaan, Cocona, Uuka, Rei and Yokono rank in.
    Miku will be pushed hard by HKT fans, but I can still see a lot of HKT girls in the undergirls section.
    Ogino will still make senbatsu, but NGT fans will push Honma as the safe NGT ace after all the controvery, and let Ogino fans fend for themselves.
    Yuuri, Okabe and YuiYui will enter senbatsu, I don't really see anyone significantly dropping in rank, most of the girls in the 2018 election have graduated so if you're dropping in rank? issa flop lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Dragonkiller12012

I wanted to respond to this as soon as I saw it, but was really busy and didn't just want to rush my response, so here goes: While I am in agreement with what you said about participating in the election allowing for the girls to gain more public recognition that public recognition will ultimately be extremely fleeting. It's up the agencies the girls are contracted with to get them regular external jobs to maintain that public recognition both while they're idols and after they've graduated.

If a girl really wants to go for a serious post idol career in one or more fields of the Entertainment Industry she's not going to get much out of participating in these events as the elections outside of helping management gauge who they should push and who they can dial their pushing back on a little are basically glorified beauty pageants. The amount of votes the girls got and the amount of total votes cast increased per the necessity for fans to get their favorite girls to rank at all nevermind rank well. And sure the fans can pour that mountain of votes into these events to ensure they're doing right by their favs, but that hardcore loyalty isn't a fixed thing.

It gets proven as girls rise and fall in the rankings and gets proven double by the way that so many girls both in the 48/46 groups and not in them fade off into obscurity after their idol runs. If Shiroma Miru really is serious about popularity retention the election isn't in any way something she should be focusing on.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  20. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    ??
    Yep that's pretty random lol