[IMPORTANT] Upcoming Changes to Stage48

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Sep 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I hope it will be clarified more in rules. Will it be really so if it's available on e-stores with international shipping option then all links will be banned regardless of the source torrent/cloud/youtube/youku?
    What about extracts and clips?

I Just wanted to clarify.
    btw. I'm totally with you with "if you call a girl an oshimen, you should be truly supporting her" principle.

2. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Yes, that's a good point. The depot indeed encourages piracy, but all the videos of copyrighted stuff or links to torrents or other blogs that contain illegal material aren't better. I'd even say it's worse. The management wouldn't like to see how the members can download old stuff from the depot, but I guess they would get even more annoyed if they realised that things that have been just released can be obtained (sometimes very easily) in the thread about the single or the thread about the member. No, I'm not saying 'do this' or 'do that', I'm only reminding that the issue with piracy can't be blamed on the depot only.
    It's just a matter of style. If I was the admin who had decided to make such a big change, not only I would have consulted my fellow admins and moderators, but I would have also consulted the members who 'suffered' a spot like yours before (RocketStarLauncher, haruna_hamasaki...) and even the (30? 50?) oldest members (in the forum, I mean) to have the best image and as many points of view as possible. I guess I'd even have thought about making a poll so everyone in the forum could express what they felt about the changes. Unnecessary? Who knows...but one thing is certain, only 28 members from thousands gave their opinion about such important issue, and most of them joined not long ago. I wonder what the rest of members (especially the oldest ones) think...do they implicitly agree? do they pass? are they so angry they don't even bother posting? It's something that worries me. However, I'm not an admin (and I don't think I'll never be one, because I lack both the time and the knowledge) so I hope your bet is right...

3. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    I'm confused.. it's the 30th of September and nothing has changed? I still see the depot and I'm still a blue member - super idol.

4. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    As most of you will have noticed we've had a bit of an unexpected technical issue today, so progress has been delayed a little.

5. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    I see, good luck.

6. arifer

arifer Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    arifer48
    So when will the changes be implemented? What happened though? I thought it was like downtime since you were changing it

7. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Forum is back open for the time being due to problems being found with the update. Nothing has changed. Except for maybe the "new" button looking weird for some reason...

8. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    The forum being down didn't have anything to do with this announcement. There was a little problem while updating to the newest version of phpBB (released two days ago). Because of that I wasn't really able to work on the site. Changes will be implemented a little later. In case you run into anything that seems buggy or not the way it's supposed to be, no worries. It'll be taken care off shortly.

9. kingmar

kingmar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Everything old is new again? :D :D

While the site was down I noticed the layout changed a couple of times. Now this is back, there are glitchy squares with a "view the latest post" caption next to it.

But hey, it works!

10. arifer

arifer Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    arifer48
    Well since the changes aren't being implemented yet, is it possible to at least upload the guidelines for threads at this moment? I'm not sure how to organize my threads at times :/

11. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    No worries, it'll all go up together. I had a little accident with my main notebook's keyboard so I wasn't able to properly work on the things that I was planning to when the site was down the other day.

If you have some specific questions, you can always PM me.

12. unkowwn

unkowwn Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Congrats to the new Moderator!

I've done some moderator / admin work in the past and its a lot to handle. Especially for a forum this dynamic. So I give props for the entire Stage48 moderator team. :)

13. Ale_Honmayan

Ale_Honmayan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    First, CONGRATULATIONS SMILODON for getting appointed as a moderator [party]
    i dont know you, probably since ive never been to nmb thread [worried]
    i normally hang out at akb & hkt news, akb & hkt girls threads and sometimes in ske threads
    but hopefully you're gonna be great helper [clap]

Second, about the rules
    its awesome you guys are doing that, before becoming an akb fan
    i used to be in looots of anime forums and there was this yuri site where they implemented most of the things you want to do...
    they had kawaii flags where they put location, they gave ranks (yuri master, yuri phd, etc) if they had knowledge and contributed to the site, they also had colors in names (red for admins, black for moderators, yellow for contributors, etc) but the most important thing was after people joined, the first thread they were sent to was RULES!, so people know what not to do.

the only think i dont like is to get my postcount deleted
    i dont understand why...
    i really take pride in my post count and i dont want it to dissapear T___T

14. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    No one said anything about "deleting post count". What we're doing is removing the ranks based on it.

With that said, post count shouldn't matter that much.

15. Ale_Honmayan

Ale_Honmayan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Now i feel silly xD
    well, i dont care much about the rank
    i doubt many people care if they're lead vocals, super idols or senbatsu members lol
    about the post count, i know its weird but i like knowing i posted in this place 608 times for the love of akb48 xD

16. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

Oh crap I died off the forum for a while and didn't see this until now. LOL Well I just read through it and I personally am excited for the changes, I think it'll be good to reward people more on the quality of their posts rather than quantity. I am excited to see how things will go with this. I'll probably be here more often again since AKB has been releasing more songs I actually genuinely like now. XD So I'm kinda glad that this change here will happen around the same time I'm paying more attention to AKB again. ^_^

17. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Is there any ETA for when the changes will actually be implemented now? I don't mean to prod but I think a lot of people are probably waiting for it now that it's been announced.

18. Ale_Honmayan

Ale_Honmayan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    the first post says the changes will be made on september 30th

19. Madoka

Madoka Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

You do realize that was last month, and some things delayed the changes? There's no new ETA at the moment.

20. Ale_Honmayan

Ale_Honmayan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    i know it was last month that's why im just saying what HRP posted
    i have no idea why they havent made the changes :eek:

EDIT: i see why you said that now
    i said will instead of would (i'm still not sure if im saying it correctly since its not my first language) [worried]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.