1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[INFO] Calendar Senbatsu 2014

Discussion in 'JKT48 News & Releases' started by djt, Oct 26, 2013.

1. NSANDERS

NSANDERS Kenkyuusei

in simple translation of course it means "sepele" or not importance, but in other usage it also could means "some other things besides the main things".or something like that. so when they said some profile trivia or trivial fact that doesnt mean "profil gak penting" or "fakta gak penting" right?
    if you dont understand about "trivial" that i mention, it's more like "other factors/unexpected factors outside normal & usual factors that influence this event" on this context. okay if you uncomfortable with the words, let's change it to hmm..."other factors" fine?

so if some fans voted for hundreds or thousand sms or gathering some overseas fans to unite n organize their votes, what do you called them then? compared to casual fans who vote for mere 1 or couple votes.
    of course the titled "super fans" is only a fun gag anyway. no one would take it seriously even if they titled as "hard core fans", "wotajir" or anything..
    i'm not sayin in the hanna, yona or haruka' case..
    but what if i say i know personally someone that sent hundreds/thousands votes, so this still not counted as "super fans" existance?
    i also knows "some of this guy or that guy" so called...( well...let's just said a famous wota, if u dont mind..)
    but i dont feel it's needed n appropriate to reveal them here. what's the point?
    that's why i also censored the websites that i mentioned.

so there's a rule we must only have 1 oshimen? wow,, i never heard any of that. :XD:
    if that's so then DD is "ethically prohibited".

well u may said speculating here or hearing things or whatsoever.
    but i have my own reasons, n i aware of that.
    knowing is differs with simply hearing things.
    who's my source,"why" or "how", i dont need to explain it n i dont have to.
    of course i'm not stating what my previous post is the fact. n i dont mind if someone says that's speculation.
    but i believe that's not entirely wrong too.

well..i don't mind if u having some fun with assumptions n theories. n i never take that seriously anyway. just do as you like, i appreciates your way n i believes u would appreciates mine.
    afterall we're both just fans who supporting the girls. we both just shares some opinions here.

cheers

2. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    I'm not sure you understand where I'm coming from. My whole paragraph was to prove a point that there's no measurable, concrete proof of anything that we've discussed. Super fans of Yona and Hanna may or may not exist; I have no idea, I've no evidence about this, but the fact that they managed to rank higher than more popular members leads me to assume that they do. You knowing someone personally that fits the bill of this super fan criteria doesn't prove anything either (save maybe that these kinds of fans exist); are there more like him? How many? Does he exist only in one girl's fanbase (in this case, Yona and Hanna), or many more, and does a girl actually has a fanbase with these super fans, but they decided to stay low about it? It proves nothing. We still don't know the exact reason why a girl ranked high or low, since we have no full picture of the situation. Cigull could have some super fans on her own, but they don't announce it to the world and keeps quiet about it. Your super fan could be the only one in that girl's fanbase.

The point of me bringing these wotas up is because they could influence the votes' count, much like super fans or overseas fans. But did they? We don't know. If there's a survey that specifically ask what people's voting decisions are based on or their demography, then we may know and discuss things based on the appropriate facts. However, this survey is non-existent; thus we have to resort to mere speculations and assumptions.

You're focusing too much on my examples and not on the bigger picture. My stance is that we're just making guesses based on words on the street ("I know these super fans.. they must be the reason why she ranks this high! Oh, and I heard that overseas fans vote as well!" etc etc), when there's no proof that they're the only decisive factor that makes the result the way it is.

DD is looked down upon in Japan.

From here:

And here:

And here, a fanaccount by Tensai, one of our forum members:

Members don't particularly like DDs either. In one of KIII's theater performance, a member (I've forgotten who, sorry) says that if she's getting close to a guy, the one thing that she wants to know first is if that guy has more than one oshimen or not. It's a bit of an unspoken rule to only have one oshimen, really. The term "oshimen" itself means "the member that you support the most", after all. Singular, not plural.

The word "trivial" means either "not important" or "ordinary", according to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, so I don't see where your "other factors" definition comes from. Under spoiler because it's irrelevant to the conversation.

3. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    Maybe management was wrong to choose Melody to begin with. Her fans couldn't put her up in the top 3 at least. It should be Haruka as the ace then.

4. NSANDERS

NSANDERS Kenkyuusei

@poopyon
    didnt you said this:
    so.. your point is that you assumed that super fans exist because some girls (hanna&yona in this case) manage to beat the front girls right?
    then let's take it to my point of view:
    you said that there's no exact proof if some girls have this super fans right?
    so is that wrong if i give you an example about fans who vote hundreds of sms??? [think]
    okay, you might said there's no proof about decisive factor for blah blah blah..
    so how about this..
    what if i said for examples, some girl (i'm not saying who exactly) who made it into calendar senbatsu.
    let's just said she have 3000 votes, n i know exactly that 2000 of them is came from this 3-4 fans that i know them personally.
    in my point of view n common assumption, is'n it safe for me to think that super fans exist n they're one of decisive factors??
    satisfied? you're good with things called "common assumption" arent you?
    like i said:
    n u may also say "that just for one girls case.."
    i also know some stuff or two about situation of some other girls, but should i explain it in details just to argue with you? like i said i dont feel the needs for that n it's inappropriate.
    call it assumption,speculation or whatever you like, but it's enough for me to conclude some issues, at least from my point of view n my common assumption.
    talking about missing some big pictures here, my big pictures is we have different ways to conclude things.
    i have my own reasons n i have nothing against you having fun with your assumption n theories. i respect your theories, so cant u appreciates mine even i didnt explained the details one by one. like i said i have my own reasons n i dont have to do it anyway..

as for the other things like DD,oshi or trivial. i dont see the needs to argue or discuss about that. i dont see what's the real benefit n main points here.
    but since you go that far to give me the links n stuff, i'll appreciate your hardworking efforts.

as for the trivial things
    thanx for the link reference. but honestly i dint even read it. as u may know i dont like theoritical things n i prefer simple n practical things. i think we both knows the context about our discussion is. if u just wanna pointing about my mistakes, n that makes u satisfied okay then. next time if i found that word used on TV or magz as profil trivia, trivial facts or trivial quiz, i'll send a complaint e-mail about that, so they include reference link just like yours. or if my "bule" friend say it wrongly, i'll scold him. (weirds..he never complaint abouit it tho...)
    thanks for saving me man,, otherwise i might die

as for the DD things..
    i opened it but i didnt really read it
    wow.. you link me to some q&a articles created by fans..?? [notme]
    i thought you're a very detailed & exact-type persons about simplest things. [think]
    i was tough that you would link me to some book references articles or more exact data stuff like usual.
    however if someday AKS or someone write a book about "oshimen 101" please notice me..

again with your too practical theories..
    i dont think it would make any diferents in a real life. me n my friends, fellow fans talks about DD alot. n so far we never had any problems or arguments about this. i'm sure that none of my friends feels any pressures or whatsoever even the slightest bit..we just happy enjoying our idoling life..whatever it's dd or not..
    i dont know about u though..
    so if u still want to make a ruckus about something like this..well..that's your life..it's up to you

5. Galaxy Red

Galaxy Red Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    in my opinion, in the beginning management choose Melody rather to be "face" of JKT, since early JKT had same problem with early AKB, to many girls to remember and they need a representative to be easier to remember. for me she has unique beauty, natural Indonesian beauty. and I think this is what aki-p wanted to point out at first. and since she is the face, of course she has to stand out in the middle as a center right? that automatically makes her as an ace.

but IF at the beginning she was really chosen as ace by management, not just "face", to be honest, I don't really understand why management choose melody as ace. it is not that I hate her, I like her and I see no problem about it. just wondering "what is the classification for the someone to be chosen as an ace?" at first I think it is because she is the oldest when JKT was formed, so she is the most mature member and can be a leader (a lot of Japanese TV said she was a JKT leader at that time). but then I think there is Rica who is same age as her right? (correct me if I'm wrong). why not choose Nabilah as ace at first place? from what I heard, she was highly praised by aki-p when JKT was auditioned, he even said "I've found 3 big jewels, Atsuko Maeda, Jurina Matsui and Nabilah".

just some opinion. melody oshi-s, please don't be mad at me [angel]

6. oniqlo

oniqlo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    My opinion, the classification for the someone to be chosen as an ace/center or whatever it is the ability to draw good(image) attention for "MOST" fan and non fans(general public). Only my opinion of course.

7. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    @NSANDERS:
    I'm not trying to contradict you about the existence of super fans, etc etc. What I'm trying to say is, I don't think you and I (or anyone else, for that matters) can say firmly and surely that the result is the way it is because of a few factors that are nothing more than educated guesses and words on the street. By result, I meant the whole thing. Not just limited to Yona, Hanna, or Melody-- I'm talking about the whole voting process of the calendar senbatsu.

I don't think it's wise to discuss the reasons why a member ranks this high or another ranks this low based on "facts", simply because we don't have any. You may say it's because of super fans that you know personally and I would have believed you, but if I were to explain it to someone else, I would have to say, "Oh, NSANDERS, someone online say that ..." instead of "Oh, it's because of ..." which would ignite rumors and gossips ("She said this; he said that!") And rumors are fast to be seen as "facts". You may be telling the truth, but some other member in this forum may just jump in to the discussion and adds something untruthful like, "Ikha does not get in because she kissed a guy and now her fans are angry at her. Trust me, I know a group of these fans personally." See how this can be problematic?

It's different if we discuss things like, "Melody ranks high because she just released her photobook." This is a fact that everyone knows and therefor can be discussed openly. Meanwhile, only a select few (and yourself) may know the truth behind Yona/Hanna's super fans.

And by all means, you're right. Super fans etc is one of the decisive factor of the voting results. It's just not the only one, as I mentioned before. And for the record, I never said that I don't believe they exist; I just said that I assume they exist because of a few things. I've never met one, so I can't state it as fact that they're here; I do agree that they're most likely around, since most fandoms have people like this in the crowd.

I don't take joy in pointing out other people's mistakes. I also don't appreciate unnecessary snide sarcasm when we're having a civil argument, so comments like "thanks for saving me man,, otherwise i might die" does not impress me at all. It's rude and offensive. I acted like a perfect gentleman (well, "lady" since I'm a girl, but you get the point) and I did not disrespect you in any way, so I would appreciate you doing the same thing to me.

I'm particular about the usage of words because it could be interpreted the wrong way, and the flow of discussion may not be as easy because of some misunderstandings. That was why I said, "I must have misunderstood" when you first used the word "trivial" and asked you to elaborate. "Trivial" does not mean what you think it means, so I gave you the correct definition, in order that it can be used in the right context next time.

(Consequently, "trivia facts/quiz" means a fact/quiz about random things that are not important. "There was no Oscar ceremony in 1933" is a fact that we can all live without, and is not at all significant-- you can find these sort of things in a trivia quiz/fact. Profile trivia is much of the same thing: facts about that person that is not very important, such as "Harry S. Truman is left handed")

I said "DD is looked down upon in Japan." so maybe it doesn't really affect Indonesian fans such as yourself. You said, "...if that's so, then DD is 'ethically prohibited'", so I tried to show you, through examples, that they kinda are in Japan.

===

I think being older than most members is a drawback, really. Idols generally have an "expiration date", so that means less time for Melody to shine as an idol. As for Haruka (and Akicha), I think their function in the group is to be the senpai that guides their kouhais, sort of like Sasshi and Lovetan in HKT48.

If I can have things my way, I would have Panda as JKT48 ace. No particular reason; I just really like her and she's pretty and young, as well as having that "not-demanding-attention" quality that I find charming.

8. NSANDERS

NSANDERS Kenkyuusei

okay,,okay,,fine,,

dont take anything seriously okay..

there's another interesting topics such as grads etc..
    n the calender senbatsu wont change even if we discuss it until next year..

cheers

9. CherryBlossom48

CherryBlossom48 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
  10. MeruShige

MeruShige Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    :^O^: gosh why is Nabilah soooooo perfect. :drool:

11. _vrhn

_vrhn Kenkyuusei