ITZY (있지)

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by Criss, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Riot1

Riot1 Next Girls

#BENCH × ITZY Collection

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
  2. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  3. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    'Boys Like You' MV Teaser 1 (English Single release 10/21):

• Like Like x 2
  4. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    ITZY will hold solo concerts in 4 cities in Asia following America.

Today (17th) at noon, JYP Entertainment released a teaser poster on ITZY's official SNS channel announcing additional performances in Asia for the first world tour 'ITZY THE 1ST WORLD TOUR'.
    According to the notice poster, ITZY will start in Manila on January 14, 2023 (hereinafter referred to as local time), Singapore on the 28th, Jakarta on February 4th, and Bangkok on April 8th in four cities in Asia. A total of 4 performances will be held.

itz asia.jpeg

https://news.kstyle.com/article.ksn?articleNo=2203645

5. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    [ITZY?ITZY!] EP111

behind the scenes look at ITZY’s visits to University festivals during Chuseok. Of interest to a fan: the new hair styles and singing along back stage to the other artists, plus resting at home during Chuseok,

Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
  6. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    'Boys Like You' MV Teaser 2:

• Like Like x 2
  7. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Random questions from ELLE Singapore.

Update: Boys Like You

Last edited: Oct 21, 2022
  8. Riot1

Riot1 Next Girls

ITZY "Boys Like You" M/V BEHIND

• Like Like x 1
  9. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    If you are having trouble singing along, there is a reason: F#5!

P.S. the release of an English language single just days before their US tour begins seems to be more than just a coincidence. I am hoping that JYP can get them on late night TV following the examples of BlackPink and TWICE.

• Like Like x 1
  10. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    ITZY took over Café Oude in the hip Seongsu-dong district and took to displaying their latest capsule collection in partnership with CHARLES & KEITH. Looking as gorgeous as ever, the group's choice of high-contrast colors and prints for their capsule looks stunning against their choice of simple, sophisticated monochrome clothing.

1666151211-charles-keith-itzy-itzmine-pressevent-1.jpg

1666152814-charles-keith-itzy-itzmine-pressevent-6.jpg

1666113980-charles-keith-itzy-itzmine-pressevent-2.jpg

1666153149-charles-keith-itzy-itzmine-pressevent-10.jpg

1666152215-image.jpg

https://www.allkpop.com/article/202...eith-to-release-vibrant-collaboration-capsule

11. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Trailer for 'Amazing Saturday' on 10/29 on MNet Japan with Yeji, Chaeryeong and Yuna:

• Like Like x 2
  12. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    They have passed through the departure gate at Inchon on their way to LA. The live feed is over 2 hours long, so I will post the 4 minute version.

P.S. I now have my ticket for Wednesday in my iPhone Wallet (as recommended by Ticketmaster).

Last edited: Oct 24, 2022
  13. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    [ITZY?ITZY!] EP112

More University festivals. Also, showing the green tennis outfits they used in recruiting MIDZY 2nd Generation

Next episode will include shooting for Charles & Keith

Now that they are in LA, they went to Venice Beach.

More Venice Beach

Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  14. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    More from Venice Beach, starting with two official videos.

I admit that I only recently learned that the JY Park in the video is the JYP in JYP Entertainment.

Groove Back challenge

Wannabe

Chaeryeong at the beach

Wannabe fan cam

Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Riot1

Riot1 Next Girls

[#LA] ITZY The 1st World Tour "Checkmate" | LIVE

• Like Like x 1
  16. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    ^ shot while I was driving home after the concert last night

The concert was notable for several firsts:
    1st World Tour
    1st stop on 1st World Tour
    1st live performance of Boys Like You

They played the music of Boys Like You as a teaser at the opening when the stage was first lit, and they played the video just before returning from a mid concert break, but this was the real thing.

My seats were in the 2nd row, but VIPs were on the floor in folding chairs. They were great seats. The seat in front of me was empty, and the person to the left of the empty seat stayed seated Unfortunately, the person to the right of the empty seat stood the whole time, even though she was in the first row. As long as ITZY stayed center stage, she wasn't a problem, but there were times, for example if I stood to film, she would raise her arms and block my view.

IMG_0857.jpg

The YouTube theater just before show time.

IMG_0860.jpg

There are lots of nice videos on YT, but here is an official video of Domino

I will add just one more as you can find the others on YT. This is special to me as I found ITZY through ICY, which they shot in Downtown LA just blocks from where I used to live, and it's when I fell in love with Yeji.

Final 1st?: Yuna had a nip slip on the big screen which Chaeryeong quickly noticed and covered up by stepping in front of Yuna.

Also fun, Midzy games. One was they showed a dance clip and then a fan would copy the moves. Another was a double time sing along with certain words highlighted for us to sing, e.g., I don't wanna be somebody, just wanna be me, be me (I wanna be ME, ME, ME).

P.S. One thing about a live performance, it's live. Not only did Yuna suffer the nip slip, but her mic wasn't working properly all night. When she spoke, it was hard to hear her as what you heard was much softer than what was coming from the others.

UPDATE: They were on ET before the tour answering questions in English.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  17. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    AllKPop has an article
    ITZY's Yuna seen looking enchantingly gorgeous in LA

On October 26, the girl group held their performance in LA at the YouTube theater. There, many fans were able to see the girl group in person, and ITZY was able to finally meet their international fans since the COVID pandemic.

Recently, photos of member Yuna were shared in an online community where K-netizens praised the gorgeous visuals of the idol.

After seeing Yuna's photos, K-netizens marveled at the enchanting visuals of the ITZY member and commented, "Wow, she's so pretty," "She's definitely the top idol with the best visual," "Yuna might have the best visuals out of the fourth generation idols," "She's so gorgeous," "She's legendary," "These photos are so awesome," "She was definitely born to be a star," "These are the best and prettiest photos of an idol I've seen recently," "I love her mood," and "These photos are gorgeous."

1667242877-image.jpg

1667242881-image.jpg

(these and the other images were clearly taken at Venice Beach)

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/10/itzys-yuna-seen-looking-enchantingly-gorgeous-in-la

• Like Like x 1
  18. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    New Release, Cheshire, coming 11/30 (just before MAMA)

Film: 11/9 and 11/16
    Tracklist: 11/24
    Teasers: 11/27

97b300957bcb45489f45dcbe243e7477-ITZY-TEASER-scheduler-poster_FANS.jpeg

https://itzy.jype.com/Default/NoticeView?AnSeq=4109

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/itzy-new-mini-album-cheshire-1235167520/
    https://www.soompi.com/article/1552...drops-jam-packed-schedule-teaser-for-cheshire

Update:

[ITZY?ITZY!] EP113

Shooting the 2nd Generation Midzy recruitment and Charles & Keith

Concept Film #1
    It's all about the grin!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Things I should have known: the early bird catches the worm and when going somewhere, keep your eyes open.

The two notices on itzy.jype before the one posted above were

525 ITZY <CHESHIRE> LIMITED EDITION PREVIEW
    526 ITZY <CHESHIRE> ALBUM PREVIEW & PRE-ORDER (US)

The former gave Korean sites where you can purchase the Limited Edition and the latter sites for purchasing the Standard Edition in the US.

I wanted to get the Limited Edition, but didn't start until this morning, several hours after they went on sale. A number of sites were sold out and some said that sales to the US were prohibited. Only one looked hopeful, Yes24, however, my login failed. I had forgotten that I had to use Yes24 Global, which is for overseas (relative to Korea) sales.

Meanwhile, I saw that Target had preorders of Cheshire at $26.
    https://www.target.com/p/itzy-cheshire-target-exclusive-cd/-/A-87925857

However, I was sticking with my intention to get the Limited Edition when I noticed an email in my inbox from the official US IT̉ZY store. It mentioned the Target deal, but also had a "CHESHIRE SIGNED EXCLUSIVE." I went there,
    https://itzyshop.com/
    By that time, Yeji was sold out (as was Ryujin), but I was able to get Chaeryoung at the same $26, but plus $9.59 shipping. I decided to pay the extra $10 to get the signed version.

CHAERYEONG_1_317x.jpeg

Not wanting to give up on the Limited Edition, I went back to Yes24 Global. As I discovered when I bought my Midzy 2nd Generation membership, the website is really hard to navigate. I eventually gave up, but not before making the following discoveries.

Both editions are 13,000 won or $9.44, roughly one-third of the US price of $26. However, shipping to my address would have been $41.77 by EMS. I would have done it if I had gotten past the VISA they won't accept without verification. I could have used PayPal as I did before, but I decided I didn't need two copies. If I had remembered to use Yes24 Global and how to navigate it at the beginning, I probably would not have bought the signed copy from the US store.

P.S. About keeping your eyes open: I just noticed that the US store has the limited edition for the same $26! :gavel:

Evening Update:
    Story and interview in allkpop

allkpop had a quick chat with ITZY a day before their show in Los Angeles. The K-Pop sensational girl group ITZY, composed of members Yeji, Lia, Ryujin, Chaeryeong, and Yuna, recently returned to the music scene with their brand-new English-language pre-release single, "Boys Like You."

The rock-based hit, which conveys a warning to immature boys, is a great bop that you could listen to for hours; it's a catchy and fun song with a vivid, dynamic vibe. "The song is about a boy who cheated on us and it's basically about us warning him that we are never going to fall for a boy like you again," said Lia.

On their memorable and fun behind-the-scenes stories from the music video shoot, Chaeryeong stated that she had a good time acting in the music video, "We are trying to act in our music video for 'Boys Like You,' which is not that common in most of the music videos. It was fun!"

ITZY's leader, Yeji told allkpop, "I love the song's choreography, so it was fun practicing our performance!"

The five-member girl group was able to rise so quickly in the industry thanks to their vocal prowess, insanely difficult dance choreographies that they still manage to pull off with synchronization, and not to mention their godly-like visuals. Of course, it also helps that they consistently release hit after hit, from the group's debut song "DALLA DALLA" to the addictive track "ICY" to "WANNABE" and "Not Shy," among other hits.

Yeji relayed her excitement on finally getting to perform around the world to meet their fans in person, "We are waiting for this moment. I'm so happy and excited!"

"We practiced very hard, so I am looking forward to enjoying tomorrow's concert!" Yeji added.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/202...-like-you-their-relationship-with-one-another

I couldn't agree more with "insanely difficult dance choreographies" and "enjoying tomorrow's concert!" [now two weeks past]

One more. The live after the Chicago concert

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    More about open eyes and the onset of dementia.

As seen above, I confused Cheshire with Checkmate (one too many albums beginning with Che). What I had ordered was Checkmate (Chaeryeong edition), thinking I was getting Cheshire (I already had Checkmate). I just realized my mistake today, the big clue being the email telling me I was getting a delivery today, when I know Cheshire won't be shipping until December. As a result I earlier today ordered Cheshire (C Ver. Signed) × 1.

The new booklet is larger and almost all the images are of Chearyeong.

Checkmate.jpeg

One positive, I got another poster (new one on top).

IMG_0891.jpg

I also got different pictures (matching the new poster), one of which was signed by Yuna.

IMG_0892.jpg

If I could rate my own post, I would give it a funny or maybe dumb (as a mod I can give those ratings).

• Like Like x 1