1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Iwasa Misaki 3rd [Tomonoura bojou] (2014/01/08)

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by haruna_hamasaki, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

Re: [SINGLE] Iwasa Misaki 3rd [Title TBA] (2014/01/08)

Another reason they need to start pushing the album again hard is to build some profile for this single.

Not as though they don't have enough Wasamin experience or song material to use with Wasamin now. There is plenty of stuff now to keep on show-casing Wasamin here and there.

Now if they find it hard to get her on TV solo because of competition...then look for a duet gig with someone like Miwa again, or one of those other varieties....violin, piano, guitar etc... to make it interesting.

In fact it could be time now for Wasamin to graduate to her first genuine duet with a male .....with a well known name...like her high profile and very popular colleague at Nagara group....Kiyoshi Hikawa!!

That would certainly get her seen by some bigger numbers....and would be something quite interesting as well.

Well here is an example of a well know song.....don't know if it suitable for Wasamin but ... this the idea...whatever it was they would arrange it to suit the tv format....and Wasamin with whoever....
    also...
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEx14iTbw4A[/yt]

2. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

Well her song title sounds like it could be a bit of fun.....

1/8発売の3rdシングルのタイトルが決まりました!!!

『鞆の浦慕情』

です!!!

エンカアアアアァァ

Enka Aaa Ahhh ??
    ?

......this then.... 鞆の浦慕情

3. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari

Tomonoura Bojō? or maybe Tomonoura Bojou.

4. Jayden

Jayden Kenkyuusei

3rd single's title is 『鞆の浦慕情』. My kanji knowledge fails me there :^^;:

5. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari

Limited Version:
    [​IMG]

Regular Version:
    [​IMG]

6. Arubaro

Arubaro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    Nice Jacket Covers.

I read some articles about and the title song could be translated as "Tomo-no-ura's Yearning", according the sources, it's based and shooted at well-known (at least in Japan) Harbor located in Fukuyama City; Hiroshima. The theme seems about the longing of One's Love(referring to an Adult Love), something like "Awakening of My Love" or "Falling in Love" kind of lyrics. Sure will likely be a Ballad but Don't know if the beat for the main track's going to be more Jolly and stuff but it's looking fresh, at least that's the vibe which emanate from the artwork. Wasamin is depicted in the Limited edition alongside the famous Lighthouse and in the Regular edition with the Sea in the background; at the bay of that fishing town.

Just for redundancy's sake from the Articles. Miyazaki/Ghibli's "Ponyo" was based at this Port and US movie "Wolverine Samurai" was filmed there too.

The Jacket Art a little more bigger and Promo Pic.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Nagara pro's style for sure.

7. oltrebla

oltrebla Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    I'm speechless. The covers are just gorgeous. Gonna get both editions.

8. ranko

ranko Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    GPBchan
    Those are beautiful covers! When I see them I'm reminded of the smell of the ocean. From the cover and the title of the song, it sounds like it will be a mature song. I think that's a good thing. They're targeting fans of enka, and not fans of AKB, and honestly, in the long run, that means better things for Wasamin's career. To be a successful enka singer (which she is becoming very quickly!), she needs to appeal to those who don't like AKB, but like enka. I'm not sure if a fast-paced song would go well in that regard.

9. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

I think the AKB demographic (which represents a potential captive audience for Wasamin and a segment that should not be ignored) is interesting and would include a large portion of mature persons...whose musical taste more likely to be varied. So enka ballad non j-pop contemporary music would be fine by them.

I think proper use of the AKB machine would make it possible to win more of the AKB audience over to her and the type of song she sings should think of this audience as well. I think an interesting more up tempo song would be the way to go as it tends to attract more interest.... unless you have run across a future classic.

I understand where everyone is coming from, and the plan to establish Wasamin as a 'serious' anka singer by doing proper enka work, which has done pretty well so far, that album of Covers was excellent. However being a young girl I think it would also be fine for her to sing some songs that straddle the enka contemporary line. I think her youth in the genre is a characteristic she can use to bridge age groups and genre. So there should be no barrier for her to release a single that is to the more contemporary end of enka...as it were.

And frankly being young it is an opportunity to win fans to herself...then bring them on the enka journey...mixing up the music a bit is the way to do that also... after all..we all get older and tastes mature. I note in her album PV they mixed up her dress between kimono and casual...indicating a relaxtion in thought I guess...to not over-age her.

I think the plan for Wasamin should be...in the last few years she has with AKB to win as many of all variety of fans to herself...for when she leaves... and whatever strategies work for that.

I am sure this song will again be good as the other two.

I am a huge fan of opera and classical music but also like j-pop Jazz ballad cotemporary- --etc and I guess many strong enka fans would have a varied taste also.

10. haruna_hamasaki

haruna_hamasaki Senbatsu Staff Member Studio48 Admin

I think I am getting used seeing her kimono, than her stage outfits. ><
    She definitely looks stunning in kimono and I will never get bored with kimono on her.

11. rynovpeja

rynovpeja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    i can't wait to hear koisuru fortune cookie [enka vers] by wassamin

12. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
  13. oltrebla

oltrebla Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    I'm surprised not to find more songs about Tomonoura on Wikipedia, which is good news for Wasamin. Her senpai Mizumori Kaori is renowned for lauding different Japanese landmarks in her songs, but it didn't really happen until Toujinbou and, especially, Tottori Sakyuu were released. Now I really hope that Tomonoura Bojou can become a representation of this place which the locals in that area will be proud of, and boost Wasamin's popularity in return. Ganbare! [rock]

14. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    To get in the mood, our fellow Wasafan, Wild-san took a trip down to Hiroshima to check out the area that inspires the song. If these photos are any indication, it is going to be beautiful...

http://ameblo.jp/saku1125/entry-11719555380.html

15. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

Something different, should be generating more interest. Really curious as to the nature of the song now.

I think it revealing that AKB's premium singer generates just about no interest from the idol fan world.

16. polar_star

polar_star Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shibataaya
    I hope she gets to perform it on AKB48SHOW! I think it would be great :inlove:

17. oltrebla

oltrebla Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    @polar_star: I'll be really disappointed if she doesn't. She's going to appear in AKB48 Show! with Watarirouka Hashiritai 7 on the coming Saturday, which means she did go to the studio for the recording at least once. NHK has been pretty kind to Wasamin. I remember she appeared in Music Japan and NHK Kayou Concert a couple of times. But who knows? We can only hope for the best.

If I get it correctly, Tomonoura Bojou will be played in next week's Konbanwasamin. We have at most one week to go, but I believe the PV excerpt would be available very soon, so we probably don't have to wait for that long.
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C51IVNAZAsk[/yt]

18. oltrebla

oltrebla Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    Wasamin will be the host of "Listen? ~Live for Life~" on Toukai Radio next week. Glad to see that she's getting chances to promote her new single as the releasing date draws close. [clap]

19. oltrebla

oltrebla Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    Schedule of promotional events: http://www.tkma.co.jp/enka_news_detail/iwasa.html?nid=4072

It's gonna be an expedition from Tokyo to Nagoya and Osaka, then head further west to Hiroshima, Fukuoka and Kumamoto. It's time to extend Wasamin's presence in western Japan with this locally themed song. Let's go!! [rock]

20. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Wasamin's awesome version of KFC!!!

if the video does not show watch the video here

She looks so beautiful!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014