1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Iwasa Misaki 3rd [Tomonoura bojou] (2014/01/08)

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by haruna_hamasaki, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

Oh great, it's actually uploaded onto the official AKB48 channel. If this gets the same number of views as the other alternative KFC versions, that might bring good things to her career.

It doesn't seem to have a significantly different arrangement like HR and Flying Get did though [worried]

It's a great PV though. "Crowd walks through street while singing and things start happening around them" is a pretty good traditional format. Great set, great costumes, great crowd, great one-take.

2. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    I might like this version even more than the original! :inlove: Now I want to listen to more enka again...

I even began thinking that I'd like to buy the single. I looked at the different versions and noticed that the DVD version has a video of KFC, but does it contain just behind the scenes footage or is it the music video posted above? The definition "bonus video" is confusing me...

3. ranko

ranko Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    GPBchan
    Wasamin never fails to amaze! Her voice sounds so youthful. I'm really looking forward to hearing this in good quality on the CD. The PV is bright and happy, but also relaxing. I was in a bit of a bad mood before this, but it's cheered me up :) I'm grateful to management for uploading it to the channel. It means a good bit of publicity for her, too.

In other news, I've preordered my copy of Tomonoura Bojou. I'm getting more and more excited for this release as time goes on!

4. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Keep in mind, KFC is the coupling song to the single. The "making of" will focus on the main track.

5. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Thanks for the clarification. I was probably remembering other artists' releases, where there could be making of's for other songs than the main song (like singles with double A-sides).

6. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

That is really lovely. Kinda wish the song never ended... :cry:

Strangely moving...such light brightness .. not sweet, not cliche...

And Mr Waffle captures Wasamin with... 大和撫子

7. oltrebla

oltrebla Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    Kudos to the management for putting the enka KFC on the official YouTube channel. Exposure is really the key for Wasamin. Lovely singing, great one-take PV, everything's perfect. Remember the rumours of the 32nd single being an Ondou? Maybe KFC initially was indeed an Ondou. [hehe]

8. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

Also ... we missed this... Oh my goodness.....her singing in this is wow....this is excellent singing...and her voice getting a bit more mature it seems... or written perfectly for her range...whatever this is A league stuff.

This is a song people like Teresa Teng RIP etc would be more than happy to sing....this is a good contribution to the genre.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoXVLx1DtpU[/yt]

9. Jayden

Jayden Kenkyuusei

Disliked the KFC cover. Weird backing vocals were really distracting and out of place. The a-side is rather good, though.

10. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    It reminds me of...Mujineki! Very pretty.

I am of the opposite opinion of Jayden. I think I like the KFC cover even more than Tomonoura.

11. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

I like to look at the Youtube up/down votes to see how well something is being accepted early on.
    Not that it is definitive, and of course a lot of down votes will come from fans protecting their own 'singing' girls via jealousy as it were, such is idoldom.

KFC after about 16 hours: 71,000 views
    1,603 likes and 61 dislikes - which is the best acceptance rate of all the KFC versions (except JKT) and twice as liked as the original version. And the JKT version with Harugon I love.

Tomonoura bojou: 8,300 views (somebody was good enough to post a link to this at her KFC song - good idea)
    201 likes and 1 dislike - it was pretty hard to not be impressed by Wasamin singing in this, even if you didn't like the song. This is her best singing effort yet... and is worth a careful listen.

Listening to her sing this one live would blow your mind.

PS. Being able to download these song off Youtube to my phone...meant I could then stream it from phone to the wide screen TV..... just awesome

12. ranko

ranko Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    GPBchan
    Wow! Her singing has improved a lot, she is putting a lot of emotion into it. The song has a refreshing feel. I agree with Aisansan, this song is a good addition to the enka genre. If I didn't know it was Wasamin singing it, I wouldn't even be able to tell it was related to 48 groups at all.

As for the PV, WOW! I love the aesthetic of old Japanese villages, it evokes a good feeling in me. Watching Wasamin walk around in what seemed to be one was very nice. :) The beach shots were very nice as well, they added to the refreshing feel of the song. For some reason, the part where they showed the partially sand-covered stairs was very nice. The scenery as a whole was very pleasing to the eye. Looking forward to this even more now.

13. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

I was surprised that they released KFC and Tomonoura on the same day. In fact people were so preoccupied with KFC that they didn't realise the main track had been released.

At first I thought it a mistake that KFC would smother out Tomonoura bojou which would be under a separate non-AKB channel. BUT luckily one of the commenters on the KFC song posted a link to Tomonoura and I think that helped her get some thousands more seeing her single.

AKB should have posted a link to her single in their comments on Wasamin's KFC cover, they posted the other details of her single....but not the link to her release!? Wasamin would have gotten a whole heap more visits to her single if they had posted a link to it straight up. Another oversight I believe.

Thanks to a fan some of the opportunity to promote Wasamin on the back of KFC was saved.

14. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    i love the song, never really cared about enka before Wasamin, her voice is so wonderful, people really should appreciate her more, the scenery in the PV is so relaxing and something new too, another great single from Wasamin :inlove:

15. oltrebla

oltrebla Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    By the way @Cristafari, I've discussed with people who have listened to enka for a long time, and all of us agree that Wasamin's gesture and posture is way too monotonous when she sings. No matter it's Mujin Eki, Moshisora, KFC, Tomonoura Bojou or other songs that she has performed on TV, you can always find a pattern of her hands' movement. She always has one hand on her chest, one hand imitating an action of wiping off her tears when the lyrics are talking about crying or something sad, and that's pretty much everything. I mean she nearly has EXACTLY the same set of movement in each and every performance of Moshisora. It seems that it's becoming a habit. I'm not sure if it's a good idea coz fans aren't suppose to "teach" the girls anything, but I think it's necessary to let her know that a performance includes not only how one sings, but what the singer shows in general. Is it possible for you to let Wild-san know that some fans notice this and see if the local fans can do anything to let her know? Thanks in advance.

16. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

I was thinking something similar when I saw her singing PRIDE.

Not that I want her to use her hands too much, just a little variety...and make appear a little less stiff. She doesn't move her feet or knees when singing either.

And I expect/hope in time for some of those larger performances she will be able to start mixing in some casual clothes as per her Album. She looked lovely in the black checked dress, and it gives a great sense of freedom.... so I guess it will depend on the song she is singing.

Another interesting side is the character Wasamin is portraying ... by accident, by nature.
    As Mr Waffle commented on Youtube about Wasamin...大和撫子 if I have understood it correctly.

Maybe Wasamin is kinda starting to appear through her songs and depicted character like the archetypal perfect Japanese woman. A lot of the description fits her well. As also per the song of same title. And for mine, she is also the one of those in AKB that looks the most 'Japanese' ... as has been said before.

http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%A4%A7% ... B%E5%AD%90
    http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%A4%A7% ... A%E5%8C%96

17. polar_star

polar_star Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shibataaya
    The KFC cover was a really nice listen, I hope it helps draw more attention to her single. But I love her voice in Tomonoura bojou, it just sounds so beautiful :inlove:

18. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

The intonation in this song is well and truly at the professional singer level, and her breadth of tone strong and rich everywhere, not a weak moment anywhere, strong all over - if you didn't know AKB Wasamin at all you would think this single and singer as a mainstream professional enka singer.

The album that she did, which was also very good, was a great development tool for her, taking her into a new class of singer. I find kinda of insulting that people want to compare her to other akb singers...which truthfully, if professionally looked at without idol glasses.... AND I suspect JKT may have some latent singing talent there somewhere...their KFC in both versions voice wise is much nicer too.

19. polar_star

polar_star Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shibataaya
    I don't bother comparing Wasamin with other AKB singers cause like you said, they are on different levels. When I watch Wasamin's PVs I forget I'm watching an AKB girl, she just feels like a true professional.

I think the KFC cover will create good buzz for the single and ensure her nice sales by spreading awareness of her solo career to a new & wider base. I hope Rena performing Mujin Eki in Kouhaku will also lead more people to look up the song's original version as well. These might in turn actually lead to a little boost in the album sales as well I feel [party]

20. SophieShiori

SophieShiori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I always love how beautiful the pvs for wasamin's solos are... Mujin Eki and and Moshimo watashi ga sora ni sundeitara were both gorgeous :inlove: I must admit that though I liked this pv, it didn't stun me in the same way the whole pv of mujin eki did, or the way the autumnal shots of moshimo did. Still, I've enjoyed all her releases [clap]
    Does anyone know why the short pv of her first two solos was uploaded on youtube but the full version for this? It seems a bit odd really. Not that I'm complaining about having the full version lol! I just wish they did the same for the other two.