Single Iwasa Misaki 3rd [Tomonoura bojou] (2014/01/08)

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by haruna_hamasaki, Nov 13, 2013.

1. oltrebla

oltrebla Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    ^ Enjoy your trip! I'm sure it's going to be another unforgettable experience. :inlove:

2. oltrebla

oltrebla Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    Another piece of news relating to the appointing Wasamin as the special ambassador, this time from Chugoku Shimbun (中国新聞), the local newspaper of Hiroshima. At least they quoted from some random spokesperson from the sightseeing department, which makes it slightly more convincing. Yet again, it is puzzling not to see any official announcement on the local government's homepage. :(

Cristafari, I'm sure your buddies in Japan have let you know, but this single has a legitimate shot at #1 on the Oricon weekly chart. The new singles next week are not very competitive, and the biggest rival would be the second week of Golden Bomber's third single and Kouhaku Effects on maybe Shiosai no Memory or Nanbu Semi Shigure. Certainly not an easy task, but not impossible either. All the best to you, and make sure you rest enough. We're all looking forward to hearing reports from you.

3. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    The good news...I was able to procure a ticket for the first event in Ginza.

The bad news, I started to come down with something last night after gallivanting around town with Tensai all day. So I am spending the day medicating. So far so good, I already feel a bit better after eating breakfast. Probably just a combination of jetlag+change in the weather I want to be in good health when I see Wasamin. Don't want to get her sick. :(

4. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Illness got worse before it subsided. But I am feeling a bit better now. Gonna rest up again tonight in preparation for tomorrow...

Walking through the mall in Asakusa, stumbled upon a little Enka Music shop...

[​IMG]

Wasa promo...right at the front door. [rock]

[​IMG]

First event ticket GET. Yamano Music was the only shop that you could pre-order. The rest are all being sold "day of event"

5. oltrebla

oltrebla Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    ^Take care man. Hope you get well asap. Are you going to follow her all the way until Kumamoto? If not, what's your itinerary?

6. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    All the way to Kumamoto!

Feeling MUCH better this morning. Now, a few early problems...

Seems a lot of fans had the days mixed up, and didn't think the events started until tomorrow. Good thing I posted on mixi, a few people might have missed the event. :fp:

Second :fp: :fp: Today is like Japan's "back to work" day. So a lot of people are going to be missing the events (Today AND tomorrow) because of work conflicts. Lets hope Wasamin has plenty of fans in the West when she has weekend events.

At least those fans can pre-plan for the 2-shot events in February and March. Those should count for 1st week sales too.

I guess there is an anime CD coming out this week? Seems that is the biggest competition.

7. oltrebla

oltrebla Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    ^I guess you're talking about the one by Cyntia. Their previous peak on the singles chart was #36. I have no idea how big the tie-up effect from the anime will be, but I agree that they could stir things up. In any case, I do believe Wasamin can have a breakthrough in terms of weekly ranking (#4 or above). Where she'll end up depends on a lot of factors. Let's go for it! [rock]

Edit:It seems that the Japanese fans are unaware of a lot of things. Please make sure they know about the public recording on Jan 16th :fp:

8. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Today was sort of a warmup for the events to come. Especially since tomorrow is the only day Wasamin is performing in Tokyo to support this release. Most of the major promotion is happening in Western Japan. It will be interesting to see how this strategy works.

For today you simply pre-ordered the CD (either version) and got a coupon (for the CD) and a handshake ticket for each copy you bought. Wasamin wore her light blue Kimono. 10-15 second handshake. Her manager gave us a bonus photo and a Tomonoura Autograph Board on exit. I thought we might get three different bonus pics considering it was three different music chains. But we got the same pic each time.

[​IMG]

The turnout got bigger later in the day. Yamano Music in Ginza had the smallest turnout by far. It's a very classy store. More of a musical instrument store than a CD shop. They were looping the new PV on a giant screen behind the stage.

[​IMG]

For my handshake...After I wished her a "Happy New Year", Wasamin was excited to tell me that some of my friends have been writing her fan mail. Hontoni????? I guess some of you have been mentioning me in your letters??? I wanted to be sure, but the store staff made you leave if you didn't have any more tickets. So that question would wait, I was off to Shibuya...

[​IMG]

After grabbing a coffee at the Starbucks above Zebra Crossing, I bought my CD/ticket. They made you queue up on the outside stairwell. By the way, it is really cold here! So we got to freeze our butts off on the fire escape for 30 minutes. Luckily I was close to the front of the queue. And for my handshake I wanted clarification.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yes, people are mentioning me in their fan letters to Wasamin...

Yatta! I exclaimed. That is awesome, guys! Thank You! I told her I talk to Wasamin fans all over the world. Oh, and this means she is definitely reading our fan mail. I need to ask her about the one I wrote her in November.

It was really cold at Tsutaya, and I was getting tired. (Remember, I am just getting over being ill) So I headed over to Tower Records Shinjuku for the final leg. I passed the time watching promos for the new "Mecha Mecha Iketeru" DVD Box featuring the Momusu Baka Test and Sports Festival. They also had us queue in the stairwell. Luckily, this one had heat.

I was so happy that S48/Ebi User loveandcoffee just made it to the event. So much fun watching her react to Wasamin!

Tower Records was the first place I heard playing the entire CD. Just as my turn for handshake came up, Ihoujin began playing throughout the store. It was the first time I heard her version, and I love it!!! I just sat there listening to it with Wasamin for 15 seconds. It was great. You could tell she is really proud if it. As Yoshida-san tapped my shoulder to leave, I told Wasamin I would see her tomorrow.

Here is a little bonus, the billboards for the new AKB48 Album and Watarirouka CD in Shibuya...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As for the rest of the week, so far I know of six fans who like me wil be following her to all of the events. Hopefully there will be more. But that's a good start. Some fans are flying to select events, but not all.

Anyway, that's enough for Day One. I look forward to hearing her sing, and actually getting my hands on these CDs. That begins tomorrow. And just a warning, since so much more travel is involved with this trip, my posts might be a bit sporadic. But I will do my best.

9. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    Thanks for your report, it's always a pleasure to read!
    I wish you could be followed by a camera crew and we could see that documentary about Wasamin's promo tour. :)

10. oltrebla

oltrebla Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    Thanks for the report!! It's just lucky for us to have you to represent all of us. :)

A few pieces of information. First, a video clip on Music Lounge.
    Next, the PV of Tomonoura Bojou will be played during AKBINGO! this week. Better than nothing...
    Finally, according to this guy's facebook and twitter, the appointment ceremony will take place during the event at 3pm tomorrow (7th). The mascot of Fukuyama City ローラちゃん(Laura? Rola?) will also appear. That should make it official. [clap]

11. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

In the Wasamin KFC PV how many Wasamin posters can you see during the walk....I spotted 4

12. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
  13. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Some pics from Natalie.mu

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wasamin was absolutely glowing in her blue Kimono. :inlove:

Oh, I guess we didn't know the CD (both versions) comes with a bonus photo inside. There are 6 different photos that you can get!

14. oltrebla

oltrebla Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    ^She looks absolutely gorgeous. My CDs are on their way. Hope I don't have to wait for too long this time...

Since the appointment is now official, the news finally appears on Fukuyama's official homepage and the official facebook page. There's also a website dedicating to the song and the whole campaign, explaining the places where the PV was shot and which appear in the lyrics: http://www.city.fukuyama.hiroshima.jp/miryoku/tomonourabojo/
    The page will be updated later, and maybe throughout the year. Gotta come back later and check.

15. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    This is a quick hit, because I need to catch te Shinkansen to Nagoya very soon...

Each event featured the same setlist format, similar to the previous singles...

Tomonoura (short version)
    MC
    B-side track
    MC
    Tomonoura (ful-version)

The events were MCd by Nishiyori Higashi from Nagara Pro. He also MCs the Nagara Pro Enka Matsuri

I was front row for all three events. Front row center for 1 and 3. Had awesome luck drawing in the lottery.

Out of the gate, Wasamin had some breathing issues on Tomonoura. Mainly on the beginning of the verse, and carrying the vocal on "Bojouuuu" She improved as the day progressed. By the 3rd event, she nailed it!

KFC Enka version, "duel" with Roura (Fukuyama Mascot). Awesome performance. In front of the press too. [rock] This is a real crowd pleaser!

Ihoujin. Slightly pitchy on the first try. We will see how she does with it today.

First event hs she helped me pronounce the song title correctly.

2nd event I told her she and Roura were cute together, and KFC-Enka version was great!

3rd event I told her the last performance of Tomonoura was perfect! I had a 2nd hs too, where I commented on her "sad eyes" while she sings Tomonoura. At first she took it as a negative, like she disappointed me. :( But I explained "No, it is good!"

On that last handshake I was behind one of her big fans who buys tons of copies, and the guy who wears the "Wasacar" around his neck. All of the sudden the attention is on me. Not sure why I became the topic of conversation. I'm going "Nani...Nani????"

BTW, Wasamin was giggling at my attempts at Japanese today [hehe]

2nd event crowd was huge! 3rd event crowd not quite as big, but the handshake session went for around 90 minutes! Tokyo fans went all out today! Hopefully the 1st day numbers will be good.

I will upload more photos later...

16. Arubaro

Arubaro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    I'm marveled for the amount of attenders (according reports were 3000) and kind of pleased to notice all the media coverage; though most of those News' headlines are about what Wasamin told when asked about Oshima's graduation. XD I guess that helped.

Anyway, I leave this data if it contributes on something. Tower Records (J-pop branch) and Shinseido stores reported the ranking of the January 7th. These ones could be considered for the Pre order shipments as the official release it's today. The first tweeted than "Tomonoura" ranked 4th on J-pop Single and the latter at 2nd at Single category. Not figures unfortunately.
    Of course I lack data from other majors stores like neowing; hmv; tsutaya; etc. But I think this can give some perspective on regards the sales for this Wasa-single. Knowing that her Album was released almost two months ago, it's expected the gap of time has allowed to the Wasa-fans to recovery the pockets (hope Xmas didn't bankrupted to anyone).

I barely can remember how was for Moshisora, but looking back on the thread, it was between 5th and 6th throughout the week and ended at 5th with 18k+ copies sold; a drop in comparison to the 23k+ from MujinEki but which curiously also ended 5th at the Oricon charts at its time of release. I learned that in general with the Enka Single releases it's expected to achieve around the 5k to 15k as much but Wasamin had been ranging above these figures putting her only below enshrined artists of the genre that you guys are already aware who they are. (You probably won't believe me but Wasamin is ranked as 7th to 6th Best Enka Seller in these days, some people can argue that's because of the wota purchase power that may be true but oh well).

I think it's not madness the guessing that Wasamin can end this week with figures about 10k to 20k and might be ranking at a similar spot as before (if not even to improve). Wasalbum almost sold 7k copies at its first week but every item costed the double than the price of a single does. And currently there's some certain attention put on Wasamin lately, could be due that Fortune Cookie thing but who really knows, yet this also have added a boost a little bit I believe.

All the Good Luck to the Wasa from now on and waiting everything finalize to well fruition. She deserve it.

PS: Cristafari, Thanks for the reports and hope you're having an :awesome: time there.

17. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Just got into Osaka after attending the Nagoya events. Passed by the SKE theater as the lucky winners of tonight's show (which I applied for) were queued up. But the weather is crappy, and I wanted to get to my Osaka hotel...

Some quick hits, I will add more in a bit...

Crowd was not very big. Nadya Park in Sakae is kind of a dead mall. Surprisingly, the biggest crowd was for the early performance when most of the salarymen were out on lunch break. Quite a few watching in business attire...

A large contingency of Tokyo fans made the trip. Thank heavens, or else it would have been really dead. However, a couple of the Nagoya fans bought over 100 copies!

The MC's were the same guys that hosted the Request Covers event in Suzuka. They were happily surprised to see me again. They also remembered where I was from! I thanked the lead guy for hosting the show.

Singing-wise, Wasamin was in top form today. I barely heard any mistakes. She has KFC-enka version wired, so no problems there. She also has a lot of practice with Akai Sweet Pea, so that was great. Ihoujin was much better today. And she was awesome with Tomonoura. During the second show I was right next to the speaker, so I was listening very closely to her vocal work. You can hear her voice coming from deep within. A lot of power today.

By the way, she does quite a few hand gestures with Tomonoura and KFC. So it is a lot more than the usual "palm on the chest" She is much looser on these songs.

I still can't get over how unbelievably gorgeous she looked. She had on a bright pink Kimono, but her hair wasn't tied up the way it usually is when she is dressed this way. It was long to her left side under her hair accoutrement. I just wanted to propose to her right there. :inlove: When I told her how much I liked her hairstyle, she asked if I thought she was cute. I told her she was mecha mecha kirei, and that I loved her so much!

I also told her that when she sings Ihoujin she is singing about me :D

But the best was the MC where she was asking where everyone was from. Of course the topic of me being from San Francisco pops up (also Andy being from Hong Kong) Then she proudly told the crowd that Andy and I were following her all over the country this week! It's funny how they keep pushing for people to come out to the different locales. The MCs ask "Who is coming to Osaka? Hiroshima? etc... They should have a Wasamin fan-tour! I bet a lot of people would sign up. [rock]

EDIT: Early word is Tomonoura Bojou ranked #1 on Oricon daily [party]

18. oltrebla

oltrebla Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    ^Great report again. Thanks!! I just love the interaction between you and her, and between fans and her in general. I'm also glad to hear that improvements have been made. Good job!

Now onto the numbers.
    1 4,427 鞆の浦慕情 TJC 14/1/8
    岩佐美咲

2 2,786 リライト HPQ 14/1/8
    NIGHTMARE
    3 2,636 TVアニメ「黒子のバスケ」キャラクターソング DUET SERIES VOL.7(ULTIMATE ZONE) LAN 14/1/8
    火神大我(小野友樹),青峰大輝(諏訪部順一)

岩佐美咲(TOKUMA JAPAN COMMUNICATIONS)
    標 無人駅 もしも 鞆の浦
    発 12/02/01 13/01/09 14/01/08
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    一 **,*** **,*** **,***
    二 *7,352 **,6位 *4,427
    三 *5,310 **,6位 **,***
    四 *2,161 **,6位 **,***
    五 *3,987 **,5位 **,***
    六 *2,221 **,6位 **,***
    日 *1,091 **,5位 **,***
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    合 22,122 **,*** **,***
    周 23,773 18,929 **,***
    累 53,204 29,825 **,***

I don't know what to think about this. The number itself is...unimpressive at best (at least to me), but since the other new singles are extremely weak this week, it ranks at daily #1 and there's a good chance to grab weekly #1 as well. Don't get me wrong, it's certainly very good for an enka single, but I was expecting a 5000+ for the first day :( . Hope it's going to get better later during the week when Wasamin promotes in western Japan. I'll be satisfied if it can sell more than 11,327 copies, which is the lowest weekly #1 single (Toilet no Kamisama by Uemura Kana, if any one is interested).

19. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

A little bit unexpected, but not totally surprising, and a little bit of an indictment of the entertainment and idol industry where talent doesn't count for too much.

The irony of it is that Wasamin is singing better now than she ever has, and is clearly superior to anything else in AKB in the singing department. Probably AKB's only real singer, one that can stand beside other respected professionals, sing and be accepted as a genuine singer and not because she is a popular AKB idol. She has come a long way in the voice and skill department, as you would expect given the type of music she has had to learn to master.

She has gotten a bit of exposure through KFC on youtube...I wonder if posting the entire single on youtube in HD detracted some sales? Maybe when she gets some TV exposure sales will pick up.

However regardless of the sales number we can at least say that this single is a very solid singing work indeed and sign posts Wasamin' permanent arrival in the enka world. I look forward to her still singing in 10 and 20 years.

20. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    I thought KFC would have made it 5k but congrats. She still made it #1.