1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZ*ONE 3rd Japanese single [Vampire] (2019/09/25)

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by lionel90, Aug 10, 2019.

1. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I love the outfits and the song is great but i feel like the shots were cutting to the next waayyy too fast lol.. too much happening in 3 minutes [hehe]

2. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Such an epic song + MV.

It will be awesome if all of their Japanese songs are "flop" like this.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Fezel

Fezel Kenkyuusei

Guess the fans which dont know 48group songs doesnt seem have a good comment on this song. What i wonder is why is everyone complaining about they Heys... they said it doesnt fit the concept at all

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4. Dilie

Dilie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yabuki Nako
    I love it so much, omg Sakura please bite me

• Like Like x 4
  5. Rangga AG

Rangga AG Kenkyuusei

Regarding the "Heyyey" part,i also do not find anything weird or out of place tho,its prevalent on lots of another song in jpop idol releases anyway,or maybe im just too accustomed with 48/46 songs xD
    Otoh,can anyone explain/giving reference of how the word vampire was portrayed on the song?

6. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    The "Hey~"s could have been far less disappointing with such good vocalists in IZ*ONE but for some reason, they sound weak. Like the girls are exhausted. The (male? again) back-up vocals worsen it.

The song itself is quite good. Would have sounded perfectly fine if, for example, it was a solo by one of the lead vocalists.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. GATX105

GATX105 Member

The mv and concept are pretty great -- the girls look really good and the choreography seems nice. I think the performances will be good to see.

Imo the song though is not so good. I was hoping for something that non-48G fans would like, something cooler or high impact. For example Blackpink's kill this love is a song that fans and nonfans will mostly like or even if you don't like it too much, it's such a high impact song. I didn't like the hey-ay-ay part too, seems to lower the quality of the song even more. Anyway, the 1-year anniversary song should just be around the corner.

For me Chaewon was the most vampire-looking out of everyone at the end part of the song. But again, everyone really looked great -- except for aki-p.

edit: Drakkura is such an awesome term -- just wanted to add

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ShulQ

ShulQ Kenkyuusei

It's probably the mixing again... since BA, the mixing has been really bad imo.. and I actually liked everything else about Vampire... the MV and choreo are beautiful, the composition is also pretty good (love the strings)... but the producers can't seem to blend the voices nicely...

*That being said, this is definitely my fav Japanese title song so far...

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. woque

woque Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Composer for Vampire is CHOCOLATE MIX, the same composer for Sukito, not sure what happen with the quality for this. Other than lyrics, does Aki-P involve in the composition of the song?

*putting on tinfoil hat*
    the poor mixing is part of revenge plan by Matsumura Takumi after he was removed from the director position.

10. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    I really don't get the hate about the song
    (i mean the song in itself is not as epic as the visuals but its not as bad as how the k-weebs making it out to be)

As expected visuals are stunning

I see the "Drakkura" term is starting to make its rounds on the twitter-verse :nosebleed:

• Like Like x 5
  11. welp

welp Next Girls

https://twitter.com/fujii_itsuki/status/1172349860504379395?s=19
    According to an article on Modelpress, Vampire MV was shot in Korea back in August. The story line was 11 girls in a mansion were turned by Vampire Sakura.

I don't understand how could someone supposedly followed 48 world closer than me not knowing that Akimoto was the one picking the music he wrote the lyric to.

The lyric of the song also was kinda suck.

Why might Matsumura, who must be enjoying a meaningful duty as AKS' envoy to Off the Record, take any blame on what he had no control on?

12. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    great mv,the girls look great especially eunbi and chaewon

the part with the fangs was funny tho lol

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Zerase

Zerase Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    the MV had too many things going on too fast but I really enjoyed it
    I hope there is a choreo version, I'd love to see it more clearly
    I also like the song, the bridge is really great imo, but the vocal mixing and the production could be much better. The difference between Love Bubble's production and this one's are years apart

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. pikachuwei

pikachuwei Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Vampire's alright, not nearly as good as StI or their Korean releases but a lot better than the flaming pile of trash that was Buenos Aires. I do agree with the general sentiment that the overall production of the song (the melody itself is fine imo) could be a lot cleaner.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Man, I feel so satisfied after watching their Music Station performance. The choreography is just so complicated yet so beautiful.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  17. amimaru

amimaru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    koikeminami
    i saw someone on reddit with a gif of members having red eyes. would have been spectacular n more vampirish rather than showing literal fangs
    thumbs up to ruu tho for living up to one of the top choreographers in the industry

18. Pheebs

Pheebs Upcoming Girls

I think no words can express my love for this release.
    Countess Sakura you are perfect

19. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    I think it's safe to say that Akimoto still has control over the group as a producer - but he's also intelligent and powerful enough to know that he needs to distance himself media-wise when it comes to these scandals so as to not further harm his other projects' reputations. It's all political.

With IZ*ONE, he may be sharing responsibilities with the Korean team, but he still very much is making decisions as producer.

20. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    i keep replaying the part with eunbi's hairflips during the bridge,she looks so cool
    can someone make a gif of that? lol