IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Hotsushikun

Hotsushikun Kenkyuusei

I am sure Iz One will be active for long time until they get disbanded, having ABK48 members into the K-Pop groups sure helps Japanese artists moving their J-Pop stuff into K-Pop for sure!

I am also hoping they could also peform for the 2020 Summer Olympics for this!

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2019
  3. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    One thing that's come out of this that I personally find annoying though is that a lot of people who don't listen to J-Pop/48 Group and watched Produce 48, is that they keep saying "I miss [girl] so much, I want her to debut in Korea" like she doesn't have a full career happening in Japan at the moment. Subbed K-Pop stuff is a lot more easily accessible and their music is available more easily (as it's on Spotify and Apple Music, whereas only few 48G music is available like that in the West) so they don't want to put in the effort of finding subbed 48G stuff and downloading/buying their music.

On the one hand, I'm glad this makes it easier for the likes of Juri and Miyu, who want to go to Korea (although Mikami-Yua-formerly-known-as-Kito-Momona did it first), but I think it's a tad annoying that they now seem to expect all the girls to want to have a career in Korea.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Hotsushikun

Hotsushikun Kenkyuusei

Yeah, i do believe Korea is open for music to everyone. I know Japan is also trying its best to make thier music more accesible to the world as well. I had this disscussions at MAL by an user name neolevander12:
    https://myanimelist.net/comtocom.php?id1=5926035&id2=6908938&last=1

We had this discussions when mdo7 starting insulting to the MAL users for this thread:
    https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1352061&show=100

I really love how i talk to the user by neolevnador123 as well, i even had an agurment with him on MAL as well:
    https://myanimelist.net/comtocom.php?id1=288994&id2=6908938

5. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

nah, there are more other japanese teen that taking class at korean agency, trying to be a kpop artist like sana and momo of twice, looking at 48G situation atm, not surprising if 48G would do the same as those independent teen, if not for izone, it won't turn into a big deal or issue if 48G member like hitomi announce graduates from 48G long time ago, but now she's a part member of sensation popular global group, his situation change dramatically, what so unusual about this?, in 48G, if you are popular, surely you gain attention of what you do, if not, even you decide to graduate, no one actually care much about you and noticed that your gone anyway, and lot of 48G members also said that they feel envy and want to be like sakunakotomi, cuz why not, +be in popular foreign country +get decent job +meet and working with lot of asian popular artist +getting more spotlight +getting popular idol as your friends +being able to appear and perform often in music show/concert with lot of popular idol etc

'FAN'
    miyu and juri switching to kpop = no problem:ome:
    izone jline switching to kpop = 'armageddon':asdfgh:

popularity makes difference:fear:

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. welp

welp Next Girls

One thing about Produce48/IZ*One is 48 members now comfortable to reveal their K-pop fan selves. I had no idea Auntie Yuki was a K-pop fan.

A problem with AKB48's accessability is the second party. AKS surely wants all shows its idols are on to be freely published but the broadcaster who holds the right doesn't. The same applies to its music label partners.

Off the Record also is mildly affected with the same issue as the content on its Japanese promotion is not accessible as Korean one.

So, who buy K-pop songs on Apple Music? Who buy all oversea concert tickets? Is no effort needed to fly cross country or even cross border to attend the concert?

No. You don't make much effort required to be a fan. But, if one becomes a fan, he/she will voluntarily put much effort to support the idol. For example, a Chinese fansite of Sakura fund raised and contacted a company in USA to buy a billboard ad to celebrate Sakura's Bday at Time Square.

Aside from accessability, the main reason K-pop fans want to see their 48 faves in K-pop is they have no interest in J-pop, they dislike the style and format of J-pop, especially 48 or they must have listened to J-pop even before Produce 48 announced. AKB fans don't want their faves to go K-pop as K-pop is not their cups of tea, why won't it be the same for K-pop fans?

One thing about K-pop is the agency tends to better pick the member fitting for the job regardless of popularity. Yena is a less popular member yet she is chosen a regular of a TV show in a good time slot (Mafia Game in Prison). Hitomi needs not to worry how popular she is within the group. She has good humor, she just has to study hard on Korean and she will surely be rewarded more media exposure.

7. Hotsushikun

Hotsushikun Kenkyuusei

Another thing about why K-Pop is getting a lot more international fans and J-Pop is getting less one is that K-Pop has been putting a lot of MV and mp3 into Spotify, whose Japan, they simply post short MVs and songs on Spotify and ITunes is very limited. Hence why K-Pop is doing better to make their MVs more accessible than Japan is, since they keep J-Pop stuff to Japan-only and MVs are often get region-blocked.

8. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Please let's not redo a J-pop Vs K-pop match

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Buenos Aires first teaser:^O^:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 3
  10. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I think most of you are misinterpreting what I'm saying. For example, many of us will say, "I miss [graduated member]" because not all of them continue a career in the entertainment industry (I, for example, often miss Ono Erena but that's besides the point). I see many former PD48 viewers that say, "I miss [48G Member]" simply because they're no longer in Korea (while the majority of them isn't Korean either and only watched them on the show and they could still easily watch the girls now). The thing is, J-Pop is less accessible to foreign fans than K-Pop and I get the feeling that, naturally, they're used to being catered to like that and now they'll miss a girl simply because they don't want to put the effort into keeping up with them in Japan.

I mean, for example, Miru is NMB's most popular member at the moment and people still keep commenting "I miss you" under her posts, as if she wasn't fully active at the moment (part of every senbatsu, part of concerts recently, etc etc). Sae has also been senbatsu locked for NMB recently and is pretty active.

Screen Shot 2019-05-27 at 11.08.00.png Screen Shot 2019-05-27 at 11.08.27.png Screen Shot 2019-05-27 at 11.08.47.png Screen Shot 2019-05-27 at 11.10.21.png Screen Shot 2019-05-27 at 11.12.06.png Screen Shot 2019-05-27 at 11.12.16.png Screen Shot 2019-05-27 at 11.13.18.png Screen Shot 2019-05-27 at 11.12.42.jpg Screen Shot 2019-05-27 at 11.12.56.jpg

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. Riot1

Riot1 Next Girls

ENOZI Cam EP.28 (190527)

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 3
  12. welp

welp Next Girls

From the video teaser, Buenos Aires surely inclines into K-pop direction visually and musically. OTR/AKS have learnt K-pop is the main appeal of IZ*One.

AKS has learnt via IZ*One the value of K-pop market in Japan and been learning how to attract more younger demography (especially female one) to enjoy AKB48.

Why not complain those saying they would drop 48 members turning K-pop, those saying they would stop supporting Juri in her new journey? Why are bullshits on both side but your memory is selective.

13. wuerfel

wuerfel Member Studio48 Contributor

Then go and complain about those who stop supporting Juri. That is still not the point of the post you reacted to Oo

• Like Like x 3
  14. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

I doubt that there will be major transfer between Iz*One fan, which is part of Japanese KPop fan (in Japan) to become AKB48 fan and vice versa. In the end both attract different demographic. Maybe that is the lesson OTR/AKS had learnt. Since Iz*One is KPop group, their main demographic in Japan is KPop fan (which is mostly female), it is better for Iz*One to cater this main demographic. Hence, Iz*One release in Japan will be inclined into KPop direction.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Hotsushikun

Hotsushikun Kenkyuusei

The TVTropes states that IZ Zone are having a large female fanbases of in both Japan and Korea. I know AKB48 tends to be more popular towards boys than the girls since J-Pop Girl group attract mostly mens whose K-Pop girl group tend to attract both female and male alike.

Also, just because Japan and Korea have a different demographic taste, we don't know what do they attract it for it the demographics alike.

I am a fan of both K-Pop and J-Pop and i am sure this song could be catered to Argentina, since Buenos Aries is an capital city, after all.

16. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Because that's not what the post I originally responded to was talking about. They were talking about how PD48/IZ*ONE would make it easier for J-Pop to move into K-Pop, which kind of implied to me that K-Pop is better and ties in with what I said then. Had there been a post before mine talking about how people plan on dropping Juri/Miyu/etc when they move to Korea, I would have complained too

17. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Is there a possibility they get a little buzz there? Because NMB got a little news in Singapore when they released Masaka Singapore, but I guess that's because they actually filmed the MV there [hehe]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

KPop girl group attract both female and male alike depend on which demographic. Are we talking about KPop fan in general, Korean KPop fan or Japanese KPop fan. For Korean KPop fan, it is swinging between majority male to male and female alike (although it cannot be denied that some might attract female fan). For KPop fan in general, some may argued that the majority is female. For Japanese KPop fan, they are tend towards female which is not a new phenomena since we can see it since SNSD time.

19. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    it sounds good,can't wait to hear the full song

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Hotsushikun

Hotsushikun Kenkyuusei

Well, that's fine. Before K-Pop got big, J-Pop was so popular around 1990 through 2000s and has been challenged by K-Pop in terms of popularity. I feel like IZ Zone wanted to use these J-Pop girl to be part into K-Pop in order to improve Japan-Korea ties.