1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
  2. mikia

mikia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Add it to your drive, make a copy, download. Same for all other videos showing that error

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  4. GATX105

GATX105 Member

^
    so that's yujin and hyewon's hotel room?

Don't you think I should already know that? lol. Successor group to Izone (if it still sin't Izone) is what was being referenced when the term was used.

Wow -- thank you!! That's a good trick.

5. welp

welp Next Girls

Your "ages" is 1 year 8 months. A group won't drastically decline or rise within this short period of time unless something epic happens.

Of course, Hitomi, if goes back to AKB, won't be just another girl like pre-Produce. Yet, I can't see her be a top member. Of course, AKS will give her a push but, I believe she'll get stuck at next girl level and AKS will cease to push her quick. In IZ*One, her popularity is around the bottom. If she gets an offer similar to Juri, it's better for her to stay in Korea and be a less popular member of a fairly popular K-pop group.

Namie Amuro has never been that good of a vocalist and, in Korea, there is Sunmi. If Sakura solo debuts with nice song and nice choreography covering her weaknesses, she can do very well but, "both Korea and Japan would eat up whatever she throws at them", is quite an extreme overrate.

But, not like U-Kiss was popular anymore. IZ*One needs Korean promotion and Korean media exposure or it will plunge hard. You forgot the time needed for preparation.

Member cohesion is essential in K-pop. A member regularly being pulled out can lead to bad dynamics in the group.

6. nundi

nundi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    With successor group you mean a subunit right?

7. GATX105

GATX105 Member

@nundi
    Sorry if I’m the one causing confusion. I’m pretty sure I picked-up the term from someone else.
    But no, I meant a group after the 2.5 years expire. It could still be Izone with all 12 members or a different group with less than the 12 members.

I think kennin members won’t work for Izone as they are super busy. I was against the exclusive contract at the start but it turned out to be a good thing. It’s good that OTR gives the girls days off so they can rest.

8. nundi

nundi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    I think the term doesn’t work with kpop since they use the term “sub unit” or just leave the name even if some members leave, like Girls generation subunit with the girls that are still under SM (Girls generation Oh!GG) or Nues’t with Nues’t W

Usually successor group is referred to a new group like for example X1 is a successor group of W1, kinda like a new generation? Idk how to explain lol sorry

Exclusive contract is a must imo, usually when it’s not exclusive it gets messy because they all have their own schedule so it’s diffucult to work together and fans fight a lot with each other

9. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    You underestimate how much can happen in <2 years. Of course it all depends on circumstances but AKB went from 50k with Oogoe Diamond to +1M with Sakura no Ki ni Narou in 1 year 5 months. On the other hand, NGT became one of the most scandalous idol groups. You never know what could happen, especially with idiots similar to some we've had in this thread that want the real voting results and to exchange IZ*ONE members.

Regarding your last paragraph, you seem to agree with what I'm saying yet you feel the need to nitpick at my euphemism because you need to be right and tell other people they're wrong?

10. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Some awkwards situations could have been avoided, or arranged without being a big deal though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. nundi

nundi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    It could, but we already know it won’t

The good thing about exclusive contract is that their original company won’t overwork them,
    And to avoid the messyness of a ioi situation too, or they can work the contracts better and get the possibility of non exclusive contract but with no clash on group schedule and all that

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. mikia

mikia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    I read a lot of K-netz during the early days of IZ*ONE and the general consensus was that exclusive contract for the first year is a must given their past experiences of hectic fandom wars and overworked members regarding IOI and Wanna One(past produce 101 groups). AKS, OTR, and others did well for IZONE members to be exclusive. However, when the 'official' 2 1/2 yrs contract is over and they do decide to prolong IZONE activities in any way, kennin could be an option because their 'official' activity has ended and any other IZ*ONE activities after should be seen as a bonus. So I guess Sakura, Nako and Hitomi should and will return to their original groups for some time.

13. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

• Like Like x 1
  14. welp

welp Next Girls

IZ*One sing and dance on Hanbam TV. This was shot during Violeta period as you could see from Wonyoung's hair color but, this video was published just yesterday.

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Edited-out footages of the show with Eng sub
    part 1

part 2

IZ*One arriving Gimpo Airport yesterday

Vlive video of them chatting in Yujin's hotel room has been subbed. https://www.vlive.tv/video/146359?channelCode=C1B7AF

X1 has been banned from KBS' Music Bank and MBC and SBS are considering if they will ban X1 from Music Core and Inkigayo too. If the police finds Mnet guilty of vote manipulation in season 3, I'm afraid IZ*One will be banned from Music Bank. I highly doubt the police will ever find anything concrete though.

And I said "unless something epic happens".

No, NGT is not the most scandalous idol group, not even close. Nothing is idiotic about wanting to know the truth.

But, I didn't agree. Sakura can possibly be a successful solo singer or not. The possibility to go either way is 50/50.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    And I said that it's very easy for something big to happen within 1 year and 8 months.

I didn't say that anywhere??? Nothing about this situation is idiotic whatsoever, but the group had a huge scandal at the beginning of the year with graduations following, people demanding popular members to be taken out of exclusive brand deals, no new releases, all their activities (and social media) put on hold... that is a pretty big thing. I wasn't referring to people wanting to know the truth, I was referring to the fact that a girl was attacked and the group's management handled the situation absolutely horribly and even if the group recovers to a degree, I doubt it will ever go back to where it was before the scandal.

You said she can do very well but that the way I was phrasing it was over the top.

16. welp

welp Next Girls

No, it's not. This is the very point why K-pop management is extremely manipulative, to avoid scandal. How many active idols put themselves in very big scandals within this decade? How big of the ratio did they make up considering the amount of all idols?

I said it was a possibility that she could do very well, not saying she would do well. The 2 messages surely are much different.

17. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I literally said the exact same thing as you

If you think "she can do very well" equals "she would do well", then you can't blame me for interpreting it the same way.

18. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. ikyu828

ikyu828 Kenkyuusei

so far there is no news about it, so hopefully it's not real
    eventhough iz*one has been busy i don't think it's necessary to pull yena out from a popular tv show
    the other idol members also had a long break in the show and they still return as a member

20. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 8