1. We have new admins and are making big plans for 2019 and beyond. Please read the state of the forum here and support if you can!

IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. mayuri91

mayuri91 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    i wonder how the popularity of 3japanese members now? even sakura for me seems quite underwhelming, nako and hitomi are left behind. it seems they are not pushed enough or they are not in the right timing due to ongoing tension between korea-japan. i always thought sakura can rival top5 in the brand reputation list..but it seems she didnt attract much attention.

2. GATX105

GATX105 Kenkyuusei

Those concert shirts look really bad when you look at them in the Izone online shop but look really really good when the girls wear them lol.

I was thinking in terms of share in profits and whether the bigger companies like Starship might think they can make more money if they used their own talent as opposed to getting 2% of the profits versus CJ E&M's 50% (assuming this is similar to the wanna one contracts)

I meant that imo they can be part of a successor group if there is one and that they don't necessarily need to go back to their groups. They can if they want to.
    And I think everyone in AKB "needs" to get shafted by yuiyui starting with their new center.

3. MaiAkikoChan

MaiAkikoChan Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    Sure, if they don't necessarily need to go back to their group, they will graduate first and then join the successor group.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. nundi

nundi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Well, if they are still too popular and CJ decides to make the group permanent, they can always buy their contracts with their original companies, 3/12 of the girls companies are under CJ anyway so it wouldn’t be crazy, also CJ have money enough to do that

Yuri (Stone)
    Yena (Yuehua)
    Chaeyeon (WM)

I think Starship has also some kind of affiliation but I’m not sure, it also depends if Jline go back to akb or if they sign with a korean Label

5. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Yeah I know, what I tried to say with that is Chaewon's popular enough to rank in top 12, I bet she would have stayed in top 12 if Mnet wouldn't have made the mid-week reveal.

About the agencies allowing the girls to continue in IZ*ONE, i think it'll depend of how will be the terms of a new contract. Becuase I think for them it will be better if IZ*ONE can continue while the girls promote in their respective groups because their popularity as IZ*ONE members the agencies can still earn money from them. Even if it's not that much (which I personally doubt), it's better than hoping the fans will follow them in their new groups. But as I said.

6. lionel90

lionel90 Upcoming Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    I'm too lazy to dig
    Wasn't there a mention of a possibility to extend the contract, when it was anounced it was going to be 30 months ?

7. nundi

nundi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    If we follow W1 example we can have an extention if fans ask for it and members want to (agencies too ofc)

8. GATX105

GATX105 Kenkyuusei

I think if it's still korea/japan group then the J-line would be the ones that are most available. Other than the three you mentioned, I don't think the agencies for Hyewon and Minju would have anything better. The biggest obstacles would seem to be Wonyoung and Yujin since they are young and very marketable. And then the two Woolim cause you can do more with two members than with 1. Maybe if they re-structure the profit distribution then it would be more appealing to the other agencies.

I think what helped her out the most was being revealed as one of those borderline members during the finale.
    Anyway, I personally think mnet rigged the results a little (I think kaeun and maybe myao would have gotten in) but I honestly can't say for sure who wouldn't have made it as everyone that made it is/was popular enough to get in without any cheating.

9. nundi

nundi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    I have been thinking about this lately but, do you think Jline will go back to akb/hkt?

Hitomi team8, we don’t know what will happen to team8 or if it will still be there for 2021

SakuNako... tbh I think Sakura will probably graduate, I think if more original members graduate. It wouldn’t be the sameness for SakuNako, a lot of things can happen in 2 years, if Murashige and Aoi graduates I think Sakura won’t comeback, as for Nako, I think there’s more possibilities of her coming back, but it all depends on how things go until 2021

10. x_lambs

x_lambs Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Team 8 will be last remaining of akb48. Not the first to go.

This kpop thread underestimate s our Japanese system and the attraction is has for performer s.

I think the idols are performer s first and care less about the kpop jpop label that the knetz feel they must apply to everything.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

11. Titan3

Titan3 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    tough to know over a year away from disbandment... I guess it depends on whether j-line will be homesick and want to return home or if they'll want to continue with their Korean activities... Was it a fun 2.5 year adventure or was it the beginning of a new career path?

Assuming IZ*ONE remain as popular as they do now or even become more popular, CJ will be very keen in keeping them, perhaps they may propose adding them to a group with Yuri under Stone? I don't think AKS would be a huge impediment, they seem to have been ok with Juri leaving for Korea but who knows, maybe they will want them back and promise to push them in their old groups.

Still too many unknowns to be sure what will happen.

12. daner

daner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Sakura will be back at least for some time, she gave her word, if she doesn't the backlash would be not good for her, unless something really bad would happen with HKT and their fans would not want for her to comeback.
    Same with Nako.
    Hitomi could graduate I think her situation won't change much in AKB/Team 8 after IZONE, and she could be interested in take a path similar to Juri.

After the 2.5 years what to me it was a good possibility, was to make J-line the kenin members of IZONE, however I think that K-fans ruined that option with their petition to make the girls have nothing do to with AKB, because now even for a reunion after the 2.5 years, J-fans will say that the contract has ended and J-line have nothing anymore to do with IZONE.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Rank 81-100 (Temporary Name)

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I don't mind if Hitomi graduates right away and joins another group since she was never a super senbatsu member and she has more freedom in that sense, but Sakura and Nako already made their promise. As much as it would be great if they moved on asap and continued down this path as soon as they can, they kind of need their big HKT comeback and sendoff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Well, I think if there's an extension of the contract will allow all the members to be in both IZ*ONE and their respective groups, I doubt any of them would graduate.

15. theobserver

theobserver Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    Sakura and Nako will almost definitely go back to HKT. How long it will be for is another question.
    I think they will likely take a leaf out of Sasshi's book
    (as in be successful personally but have a fostering approach to HKT. Leave on a high)

Hii-chan. Well.......we often joked and seriously pronounced Eito's death here at S48. So yeah...will be there be a team 8 for her to even return to? [hehe]

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Arbios

Arbios Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    i think hitomi will return to akb,and for sure she'll be a regular senbatsu member

17. ikyu828

ikyu828 Kenkyuusei

if hitomi decides to leave n want to continue working in korea she should consider joining starship ent.
    w/ wonyoung n yujin in there it has a good chance to be successful

or if yuehua n woolim make a good offer n putting her in the existing group
    everglow n rocket punch seems to be doing quite well

18. welp

welp Kenkyuusei

You may have seen this photo of Nako and Seola of WJSN. A fan asked Seola what her and Nako talked. Seola said Nako came to her and said she was a fan of WJSN and yada yada.

Hori Miona sent a mail mainly on her Eyes On Me experience.

You forgot Colorgram.

By the way, IZ*One is already established so, it is less sensitive to vote-rigging scandal than X1 yet, I don't think it will be left unscratched.

Yes. Do you even know what is K-pop system like? I guess not since you asking me this question.

According to her, after her group was invited to perform in the event, she tried to ask her fellow members to practice harder so they would not look shabby next to K-pop idols but null. When everyone in the group got to see K-pop idols rehearsed, they realized "We've been fucked up". They decided to change the song to perform to the one they had performed several times and practiced all night long. It was the first time everyone in the group united and worked their asses off. You can tell who she is, right?

While IZ*One main source of income mostly likely is Japan, it's very charm is K-pop. So, Japan-only promotion won't work. IZ*One will need to promote both in Korea and Japan. This means, for IZ*One to function, it will need at least 3 months per a year off members' respective groups. And, Korean members likely will split like this
    - Chaeyeon to WM's girl group
    - Yujin and Wonyoung to Starship's girl group
    - Yena to Everglow
    - Eunbi and Chaewon to Woollim's girl group, possibly Rocket Punch
    - Yuri to Stone's girl group
    - Minju and Hyewon become actresses.
    Each single group will need to promote 2 times yearly and they will be 5 groups. It will be very difficult to adjust the schedules of 10 promotion cycles around IZ*One.

Brand reputation mainly depends on online buzz. The Japanese have not done anything buzzworthy as they are less likely to be on popular TV shows and say less. Sakura indeed is very popular in Korea. Did you not see how her birthday project went? Only Wonyoung's could top that. I saw a Korean article about Hitomi could potentially be a future variety show star. Wait till she's fluent in Korean, wicked Hii will shine. Also, if you follow Rocket Punch, you may notice that Juri is kinda pushed.

Yuehua and WM were/are not subsidiaries/affiliates of CJ ENM. Stone Music is mere distributor to Yuehua and WM. Yuehua Korea is affiliate of Yuehua, a major music agency of China.

Starship is an affiliate of Kakao M, which operates MelOn, Korea's biggest music streaming service.

Regardless how big CJ ENM is, it can't be a dick buying contracts off. They will breach unwritten K-pop conduct. You may have known Mnet has already been banned by YG and S.M. I don't think Mnet can risk getting more major labels banning it.

The premise of AKB48 is the member can leave the group whenever. But, I don't think AKS will be happy and it may be a tension in their partnership.

After seeing how demanding IZ*One's schedule is still, you think J-members should not be completely exempted from schedules of their original groups?

19. Aka

Aka Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Hitomi won't have a place to return to after IZ*ONE, since Team 8 will be disbanded after the Tokyo Olympics. How do I know this? Because one of the girls auditioning for Team 8 told me so. Toyota told everyone that they're just hiring new members this year because they need them to work as staff during Tokyo 2020 and that after that there's no need for more Team 8. I swear I'm telling the truth and nothing but the truth! But even if they weren't disbanded what's the point of returning to Team 8? It's not like they have that many members in the senbatsu.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    ^ Really I got sources that she will join STU46 you know that group who performs so well?