1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    The IZ*ONE name discussion got me thinking...what will the fandom be called then?

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Kirameku

Kirameku Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    FriendZONE :hehe:

• Winner x 12
    • Like x 7
    • Creative x 4
    • Dislike x 1
    • Old x 1
  3. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    You know they allready did these kind of line ups multiple times.
    Last exemple Yaban na Kyuuai (dance oriented selection)

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    OZONE anyway?

Ma-ia-hii
    Ma-ia-huu
    Ma-ia-hoo
    Ma-ia-haa

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Old Old x 2
  5. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Friendzone is the combo btw GFriend and Izone, so no.. already taken for future purpose [hehe] (with TWICE is TWIZONE.. so yeah.. I can't wait for the next ISAC pairings[hehe])

If there's a choice btw fromis and Izone I'm pretty sure MNET would push Izone, it's more convenient right now. Also, behind IZONE for the little I saw around, there're already a lot of sponsors, which means money.

I'm a bit confused about IZONE mngmnt though. Like fromis they'll use pledis reasourches but will be effectively managed by Stone? And what about AKS? Will they organize just the promotion in Japan?
    By the way, it seems Izone's promotional posters are already out in some korean music store, nothing much, but that was fast.

6. Nomnom

Nomnom Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitagawaryoha
    Its hard to find name for fandom from izone without someone trying to make fun of it lol, cant they find better name :^^;:, lets call it ionez or ioner, or just call it wotazone because it collaboration project [hehe]

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

You do realise that they are in a Korean based group? Yes, they will have Japanese songs and performing in Japan also and there were Japanese members trying to get into the group, but they were chosen by the Korean public as a 'Korean girl group', so why would they be involved with 48 activities?

The Japanese girls wouldn't lose that many of their Japanese fanbase since they are also catering to the Japanese market and TWICE is a great example for that.

Why would the fans be anti's if they would want them to concentrate solely on IZONE activities? I mean, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that why the girls wanted to be in the group in the first place? for a fresh and new start in Korea? It would make no sense whatsoever for them to do any 48 activities while still in IZONE. Yes, they can be connected and perform and do activities in Japan, but only as IZONE and not anything to do with the 48 groups.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Why not?

Do you look at the stats for Loona's debut?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Don't forget that the group is said from some month ago to allow concurrency.
    Would their management trash this, then seeing their japanese fans turning their back could be understandable.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    I know that LOONA did very well in iTunes Kpop chart and Hi High has more than 1 million views. But, for ROTY awards in korean award show, they only included chart from korean streaming site (melon, soribada, bugs, etc), so result from iTunes and Spotify chart aren't included :censored: Their physical sales actually are okay-ish, but it isn't enough to grab ROTY award (unless you're wanna one :fear: )

11. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    That's odd. I don't remember any of them saying they wanted to do IZONE activities only.

• Like Like x 7
    • Old Old x 1
  12. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

Fandom name: TwilIZONE

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Old Old x 1
  13. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

I don't think they did, however wouldn't it be weird to not just focus on your current group? Especially if you have just got into that group? I heard somewhere that Sakura wanted to do different things and that's why she headed for Korea.
    It just doesn't make sense to me why they would be getting involved in 48 activities. If they did however, would that involve the Korean girls as well? Why would they be excluded from 48 activities just because they are Korean if that happened? It would be unfair if the Japanese girls get extra 48 activities on top of what they are already doing because I can't see the Korean girls joining in with the 48 activities, especially since it's not a part of their culture.
    The Japanese girls and Korean girls in IZONE are all a part of one group, so they should act like one group unless there are sub-units.

• Agree x 5
    • Dislike x 3
    • Disagree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  14. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    As far as I know, when they joined Produce 48 they were told that they could join a Japanese-Korean group that could work worldwide... and that's it. It was only a few weeks after the show started that the first rumors of them being exclusive to that group began. When they were asked about it, girls like Nako or even Sashiko seemed confused too, they weren't aware of it. So no, there's nothing that indicates that they wanted to be part of that group only and leave the 48G for good.

I mean, do you really think that 557 wanted to leave NMB? 557?

Because the Korean members aren't part of AKB? What exactly do you want them to do? Theatre performances with Team A? Being part of AKB's senbatsu? From that point of view, then the Japanese members should work for Pledis, Starship and so on.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  15. GATX105

GATX105 Member

I think you're reading parts of the post differently since it was a response to a post that was a response to another prior post. I wasn't dictating what the group should do, I said that I, as an akb/hkt fan, wish that the 3 would still continue with some of their akb/hkt activities and was asking why other akb/hkt fans wouldn't want them to do so as well (in whatever capacity which becomes subjective to each individual).

The second part was me assuming (correctly or incorrectly) that the "fans" here that want the 3 to not have kennin activities (or another way to see it is focus only on izone activities), are fans of other girls other than saku, nako and honda -- not antis. Or, they could be primarily kpop fans as opposed to 48 fans -- again, not antis. For the first type, an analogous example is wanting SG to not appear in akb singles so other akb girls can take their place. In other words, if you're an oshi of saku, nako, honda, my assumption was that you're opposed to an exclusive contract whereas if you are a fan of other girls or a kpop fan (not an anti), then you don't mind that they would only appear exclusively in izone.

Re losing (a portion of) their current japanese fans, which is different to not having any japanese fans (current and newly gained), there is a type of fan that primarily enjoys meeting them as opposed to just watching them. I don't know if you attend any of these events but having gone to very few of them, I can say that meeting and interacting with the girls is a very powerful way for them to make you become their individual fan and gain your support (as opposed to supporting the entire group). If they are not around to meet, they're not going to be immune from oshihening. If nako is not around and you're attending miku's HS regularly or more often as a result, it's almost guaranteed that you'll become a miku fan. If you've only watched them so far on the internet, this concept might be hard to imagine or understand fully. It is very common for a fan to oshi a particular 48 girl after a very good HS experience and sometimes, meeting them once is enough. Although rare, it is also possible to lose a fan after a bad HS experience and I can say this for myself re rikachan (although it was a 2-shot not a HS).

That's not accurate -- it'll take too long to explain as sakura had many mobame messages explaining her thoughts about joining produce 48. Her latest post (right after PD48 ended) states (in a nutshell) that she is not sure what the contract situation will be. I guess she and everyone else including us will find out soon.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Old Old x 1
  16. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Umm I think there is a misunderstanding here.
    I didn't say that the Korean members are a part of AKB, I said that because they aren't a part of any of the 48 groups, why would they join any 48 activities? and also why would the Japanese girls be a part of Pledis, Starship and so on when they are not from a Korean agency? They are from IZONE, so that means doing mostly IZONE activities as a whole group involving all 12 members. Wouldn't they all be busy with IZONE activities to get involved in outside activities?
    IZONE will disband in over 2 years anyway so they can go back to their groups they were originally in, but of course things will probably change by then so they might want to do other things instead.

I get what you mean on the HS situation and like you said it's like a close up and personal with each member, however wouldn't IZONE be doing their own activities? It might not be HS, but it could be something similar which is equally effective.
    When I saw BAND-MAID live, I was a VIP and got to meet and greet all of them which I felt pretty amazing afterwards.

Again, I can understand where you are coming from, but the whole point of getting in IZONE is that the girls will cater to the fans who are specifically supporting IZONE and not any other groups, because not everyone who's a fan of IZONE will be a fan of the 48 groups and many of the people who watched the Produce 48 season had never even heard of the 48 groups.

Like I said before, it makes no sense to me that the girls would want to get involved in any of the 48 activities because the girls are in a group and they should be focusing on that group.
    However, I don't mind that they would have some connections with the 48 groups as IZONE, just not individually, because that beats the point in focusing on your new girl group which fans voted you in for.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2018
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Well, that bold one is even unsure, since all the girls is going to meet Aki-P tomorrow. Who knows that AKS could announce Korean girls' kennin position during Janken unit, and they must attend HS event, concert, or even be participated in AKB single? Until the official news about that contract is released, anything is possible :fear:

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    It makes no sense to me if the 48G reject participating in 48G activities seeing as they are themselves are 48G members and entered the show as 48G members. I'm saying that in a general view though. I would understand if they reject because of a time clash with IZONE activities or 48G activities has become too much for them to handle while juggling with IZONE activities and their personal life. Since IZONE is a freshly made korean girl group, and it has only a 2.5 years of time span to function as group, I agree the priority should go to IZONE and keep the 48G members in IZONE with minimum 48G activities. But to not participate altogether, I'm sorry, as a 48G fan first, I would be disappointed. Their ticket to the show was simply being an active 48G member. It is not like there was a condition they have to fulfill, something like having nothing significant to lose (from mgmt's pov) if they graduated from 48G. So, individually, they are 48G members who was able to be part of IZONE / IZONE members, they should participate in (key) events for 48G as 48G members, but it should not be to a point where they lose focus on IZONE and its activities because right now and at least for the next 1-2 years, IZONE should be a priority.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

That is what I am trying to say. The girls should not lose focus on their current group by doing outside activities because it's what they went to Korea for, they made the choice by joining a separate group to the 48 groups and the fans voted them into that group and not into any of the 48 groups.

What you say about them entering as 48 group members is true and I don't deny that because until they graduate from the 48g, they will always be 48 members, however my point is that IZONE is a newly formed Korean based girl group with Lee Seung-Gi and Aki P collaborating to create this group, this group is a separate group to the 48 groups, a separate group to the Korean company agencies and although the girls are still in those groups and agencies, their main focus and only focus for the next 2.5 years should be IZONE and no other group or agency activities, otherwise wouldn't that be disrespecting the people who voted for you in the group? Yes, I know that you and I are a fan of the 48 groups, but not everyone who voted is a fan of them, so if you are not a fan then why would you want your favourite members to focus on other activities when you want them to solely be focusing on the activities involved in the group that you voted for them in?

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
  20. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    are you dumb or denial ? read everyone posts above.

all this 3 girls were still part of HKT/AKB as long they’re not graduating. all of them had slots for next AKB 53rd single handshake untill december which also had been sold out many slots , special mention that saku already sold out all her slot. abandoning all HS schedules mean a big slap for their fans in Japan.

Sakura were already super famous both in japan and kr , and she’s likely got the most attention from the group. while i dont think it goes the same way with nako and hitomi. not underestimating both of them , but afaik nako and hitomi had decent rise this year.

not sure about hitomi since im not t8 experts , but afaik she’s got good gigs outside 48g , and nako had reach senbatsu for the first time this year.

everybody already mention it many times , THIS GIRL WERE NOT GOING TO KR FOR ABANDONING their group at start. even they’re probably doesnt know about the contract from the beginning.

so stop exaggerating like they’re going to abandon , they should go away from japan and etc.

do you know what’s the most disgusting things in kr-related threads here ? that was fans like you , who doesn’t know too much idol activities / cultures in japan and suddenly re-appeared to licking pd48+kr things like it was the biggest thing for the girls.

• Disagree x 6
    • Agree x 5
    • Dislike x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Old x 1