1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

There is no need for insults. We are having a discussion.
    If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't participate.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  2. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    The thing was , this thread no longer a discussion material for viewers as it filled by denial+backpedaling users like you.

maybe comeback to spamming YT views + comments more suited for you , probably your oppa goin to recognize you in the future :rolleyes:

• Dislike Dislike x 17
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  3. GATX105

GATX105 Member

I think what you view as the point of getting into izone is different from saku's purpose for joining PD48 (at least when she joined). As others pointed out, I think many girls joined with the understanding that it would be a kennin opportunity and not a complete cessation of their 48G activities. And I agree with you that the people that voted them in (mostly koreans and non-48G fans) would want them to focus on izone only but what they want and what the girls may want or expect may or seem to be (at least in saku's case) different.

Not sure how the band-maid meet and greet works but with respect to concert and other meet and greet events that I've been to, even including an overseas akb one, I think the difference is that the meet and greet has a thank you for being here or thank you for watching vibe. The HS/or 2-shot has more of a meeting a regular customer/supporter/patron vibe or a please be my regular supporter vibe and so the interaction is different. Many of the girls say please come again or express that they want you to see them again and support them during times when you're not able to see them personally.

Anyway, I think the contract will determine the state of things regardless of what you or I, saku/nako/honda fans, other 48G fans, kpop fans, or izone voters want or think what's best. I just hope that aki-p and the korean management side consider and take input from sakura, nako and honda and consider and incorporate into the contract what they actually want. And I think the korean izone members are in a different situation and have different wants and needs.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  4. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    Their main focus should be in IZONE, I agree, but only focus in IZONE, I disagree. Was it not advertised from the very beginning that they would have concurrencies? I would agree if it was said from the beginning that they would be released from their 48G membership if they made it, but they didn't. If a voter does not acknowledge that and voted nonetheless, it is at their own expense to be disappointed.

At this point, I expect the 48G members to be participating in minimum HS (like, at least one date, 5 slots), SSK and the SSK-related activities (poster, vid promo, ssk-single, photobooks, the event itself and presscon (those photoshoots of the girls) at very least). RH can be limited to significant results, such as group song ranking top 10/5/3, or basically the top 25 concert. Janken no need. Kohaku no need, but personally, a special one performance by IZONE as a group would be nice. Singles, Hiichan don't usually make senbatsu anyway, Sakura and Nako can just participate in the MV & recording & covers shooting (be it AKB48 or HKT48), but media appearance, they can be undered by someone elses or just appear for the most important ones, like for NHK's Kohaku. As for group or team concerts or theaters, they can opt out. That is not much to expect, right? 1 day of HS, SSK, 1 day/concert of RH, A-side MV & recording & covers shooting (no physical promotional work is fine), now those aren't too much to ask for, given no time clash with IZONE (major) activities. We aren't asking them to be part of brand new events, like perhaps dramas or new kind of events announced after the show ended.

Anyhow, the girls made a choice knowing that they will continue being 48G members even if they were able to debut as the show's girl group, IZONE.

What is unfair is to let fans know that there will be concurrencies, but the girls aren't participating at all in any 48G activities. It is not unfair for the korean members if the 48g members have a little extra activities for their home group. They work differently after all. The 48g might have more opportunities at a (slightly) wider exposure, but this is the result of the show, Produce48, being a collaboration between 48Group and Korean agencies.

I agree IZONE should be priority, but not the only focus. If it is their sole focus, pls announce so or graduation from before the show begun, so at least their fans are prepared.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  5. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Please come back to me when you have had a complete mindset shift.
    If you treat people with kindness, then they will treat you with the same.

Well I have never been to a HS event before but I assume that the BAND-MAID meet and greet is pretty much similar to a HS since you still shake hands with them, tell them your message, give them gifts etc face to face. Although the people in charge of the meet and greet rushed us since there were many people and the concert was about to start. They actually came to the UK, that's why I could meet them.
    But yeah, it is kind of similar to a HS I would presume, except HS is probably a longer greeting.

That is true, it will be management that will decide what happens.

@MaiAkikoChan Yes, I can agree with that.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. GATX105

GATX105 Member

I think the physical act of meeting, talking, and shaking hands is the same but imo the premise or setting is different. I think a meet and greet has a one-time-meeting premise whereas in a HS, the premise is that you're meeting again or you are expected to meet again and so it feels more personal. Of course this could just be my personal experience and there are 48 girls that seem like they are not particularly fond of this activity but you may be catching them on a bad day so they deserve a second meeting. Hopefully you're interested and are able to go to one and then you'll see if there's a difference.

Yah I'm keeping my fingers crossed especially with saku and nako like other hkt fans -- I think even sasshi and miku are anxious about it too.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Old Old x 1
  7. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    You wrote...
    The 48G is to the Japanese members what agencies like Pledis or Starship are to the Korean members. Just because those three could be doing their own 48G activities it doesn't mean that the Koreans have to be there too because they have nothing to do with the 48G, the same way that the three Japanese wouldn't be part of any activity by Pledis, Starship or any other Korean agency. And that's it.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  8. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Yes, I know that. what are you trying to point out?

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    To be honest, at this point I don't even know what to answer.

• Like Like x 5
    • Old Old x 1
  10. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Yes, I think you are correct except the meet and greet concept is part of a concert also, whereas the HS is a separate part from a concert.
    Although BAND-MAID and the Japanese 48 groups are Japanese, the 48 groups are a multi J-pop group company who do other activities things other than concerts and BAND-MAID are a 5 piece all-girl J-rock band who play heavy rock music with a gimmick of the Japanese maid concept.

Yes, I can understand that :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Momorin

Momorin Kenkyuusei

So how about the best idea that looks like will satisfy us all. Minimum 48G activities. IZONE as a priority. So that they still have a presence in 48G.
    That seems like a good deal.

Also it would be cool if they do fansigns for Japan. A lot of the 48 Girls fans will buy up the albums left and right to get in.
    Imagine being able to meet each girl for about 40 seconds and have an entire conversation with them.
    They also sign your album/gifts. And its not packed with thousands of people. More like 50 ~ 200.
    You can record the experience. They also preform and act goofy too and interact with the crowd.
    Since the crowd size is so small it feels more intimate.

I think a lot of WOTA'S would eat that up over than a simple handshake event. Thats just my thought process.
    The only thing delaying a fan sign is the non-Japanese girls fluency in the language.
    Since keeping up a 40 second conversation is hard if you barely know the language.
    But overall its a good motive for sales. Have 4 ~ 8 fan signs for the promotion.
    Maybe add on 1 ~ 4 hi-touch events too.
    It will be good for sales if they do release stuff in JPN.​

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  12. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

This.

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Can someone sum up the whole discussion in less than 4 sentences. Y'all are arguing back and forth in essays.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

1: IZONE/48g should be the focus!
    2: but but but 48g/IZONE contract??
    3: blah. What if they spare their health and have a balanced schedule to cover both fandoms properly?
    4: k.

(You said 4 so I left out the name-calling and other nonsense.)

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Nelke

Nelke Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takita Kayoko
    I stopped following Produce after awhile, so I was wondering what happened to the whole '6 Japanese and 6 Korean girls in the final lineup'? Was that never an official thing, or did they just decide to go with the top 12 no matter if they were Japanese or Korean?

• Old Old x 2
  16. Raidanzoup

Raidanzoup Kenkyuusei

As far as I know that was speculation based on early rumors/leaked plans that were later revised the closer we got to the show.

EDIT:
    All this talk about the final lineup being too cute to do anything other than cute songs reminds me of when it was announced IOI would be doing something a bit sexier and the backlash was so immense that management started backpedaling. People loved Whatta Man, though.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  17. Momorin

Momorin Kenkyuusei

It was so immense cause underage members were in the sub unit. Thats why if there is anything sexy being done Wonyoung and Yujin can't be added at all. Also lets be real, IOI had more "sexy/mature" vibe members than IZONE does. IZONE as a full group currently can't pull it off without it looking weird. Maybe in a year or a year and a half.

18. Miss Kojima NyanNyan

Miss Kojima NyanNyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    My 2 cents: Will forever question why Hyewon and Minju when they’re so boring to watch? Will forever be salty there aren’t more Japanese members. Honestly though, as long as Nako is in the group, the other 11 members could be boring and untalented af and I would still stan the group because my fave is a member.

I see a lot of people arguing over whether the 3 Japanese members will continue their activities with the 48 group on top of being in IZONE or not. I’m not sure why people are worried about it to such an extent. I mean, haven’t they been keeping up with their 48 group commitments while filming PD48? Why should post-show IZONE activities be any different?

I think they will continue to balance both. But should their commitments overlap it’d probably be in their best interest to prioritize IZONE activities over everything else. The only reason I say this is because IZONE is a project group that is only meant to promote for 36 months anyway. After fighting tooth and nail to get into this group while simultaneously taking away the opportunity from the other competitors, it’d reflect really poorly on them not to take it seriously. Their Japanese fans aren’t going to forget about them. After all, here we all are following them in their Korean activities. Japanese fans will most likely do the same. Plus, I’m sure IZONE will promote in Japan too.

But if they miss IZONE promotions to promote with the 48 group then Korean fans will definitely turn against them. They’ll say things like “this is why we shouldn’t have voted for kids who’ve already debuted and have careers to return to in Japan.” I remember there was similar drama with the first Produce project group, I.O.I. Some of the members started missing appearances because they were busy already preparing to debut with groups from their agencies even though I.O.I activities weren’t over yet. The fans did not like that.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. Raidanzoup

Raidanzoup Kenkyuusei

But to be fair it's also not like the group needs to go full on Stellar or Spica to come off as mature when Oh My Girl has a song like Closer. Red Velvet is also considered a cute girl group by their "detractors," but Dumb Dumb, Ice Cream Cake, and Red Flavor all go real hard despite them all being dressed brightly and smiling all fresh. What I'm saying is there's still a lot of room for nuance and a strong identity within the cuter side of the presentational spectrum, and I'm saying this because earlier in the thread IOI's Very Very Very was lumped in together with Oh My Girl, Lovelyz, and Gfriend, followed by a sentence with the phrasing "generic kpop." Those groups and that song don't go together at all.

In general I wish people wouldn't treat the so-called cute vs sexy/mature/badass dichotomy as the be-all end-all for girl groups because a lot of good groups and music go unnoticed because the girls wear bangs and don't sound like they would be played on North American hit radio stations.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

**READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND EVERYTHING IS APPARENTLY**
    So, I saw something on Instagram where APPARENTLY, mnet had pre-booked the plane tickets from Korea to Japan for the "debuting members" before the final even took place. It was APPARENTLY leaked by those accounts that sell idol plane infos. This led people to speculate that the line up is rigged and decided beforehand. Also APPARENTLY, Miyu, Myao, Mirurun, and Kaeun were suppose to be in izone instead of Yuri, Hyewon, Chaewon, and Minju. Not too sure how believable that is since that will make it 50-50 Japanese and Korean.

Here's the tweet that started(?) it all: https://twitter.com/KTK536/status/1034417585624739840

If you're going to think otherwise, don't attack me. I'm just "delivering" it.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1