1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Japanese Drama & Actors Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Crests, Mar 6, 2014.

1. hewitt

hewitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    fukagawamai
    well i watched a lot of j-dramas, and last ones i watched are Mahoro Ekimae Bangaichi & Namonaki Doku. As for now i'm currently watching BBC1's Sherlock (completely unrelated to this thread lol)

i'm a fan of Abe Hiroshi since watching Kekkon Dekinai Otoko.
    i think he's the most versatile japanese actor. acting as an Eccentric Lawyer/Teacher in Dragon Zakura, as an election strategist in CHANGE, even as a warring states warlord in Tenchijin ...

good pick, sir. Bloody Monday S1 S2 is fucking awsum.

2. Persona

Persona Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    are you have the sub? i've download ep1 last week but i dont have the sub so i cant watch it

3. Crests

Crests Member

Oshimen:
    Chen GuanHui
    Twitter:
    xiaoaishiteru
  4. Persona

Persona Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    already comment and click 'join community' but he/she said i didnt click join. can u give me solution? * i dont really understand about LJ* sorry oot

5. Crests

Crests Member

Oshimen:
    Chen GuanHui
    Twitter:
    xiaoaishiteru
    After you clicked join did it bring you to a page saying it didn't have open membership or whatever? If it didn't take you there it didn't work, I think you have to click on something there to confirm you wanna join too, i forget.

6. Faint

Faint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gabrielamargarethwarouw
    I started watching LIAR GAME on YouTube and this fukunaga guy is probably the most hateable character I've ever seen in a movie or TV show. every time it shows his face or he speaks I just want to punch the crap out of him.
    and his hair makes him look like Tomonaga Mio lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. DaimonMichiko

DaimonMichiko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    watched kinkyu, saigo no keikan. Definitely one of the best drama for last season. Dont understand why Matsujun won tv guide award for best actor. Tried watching Shitsuren. Another je type of drama. Curious on why Arashi member always win when they act no matter how rubbish the drama is. (Ps. I am arashi fans- still dont get it lol). This season dramas looks more interesting. Hanasaki Mai, Bitter blood and mozu are must watch. Watched Yowakutemo and Shinigamikun for my ichibans but not as interesting.

8. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    This year drama seems to be underwhelming compared to last year's. Last year was really a battle of good drama. This year? Too bad. Event NHK asadora fail to reach 20% this year. Gochisousan and Amachan are difficult to catch up, i guess.

First class first season is quite well liked, and I do think it is quite a good drama, for a midnight drama especially. I havent watched the second season, but the response is not as great as in season 1. I heard it is quite popular in China, but not sure.

For most popular drama of the year, it will be battle between Hero 2014 and Doctor X. I thinj doctor x season 3 is potentially the best season of the drama in terms of storyline, but I think it is missing something that the season 2 has. The response for the drama has been so well. Not surprising that they get 20% above for 5, consecutive episode. Especially episode 4 where Hara Mamoru scenes become popular and trigger people to make parody out of it. As usual, Yonekura did well in displaying humorous side of Michiko. I am hoping they will pick the "Daimon's father background", which they did in first season though.

As much as I am fan of Ayase and Nakama Yukie, SAKURA and Kyou, kaisha yasumimasu" are both underwhelming. Sakura is pretty generic detective story, I think Nakama Yukie's Joshi deka is even better than this. Kyou kaisha yasumimasu (Ayase+Tamaki= usualy good drama rite?) has REALLY wonderful cast, but the story is simply, silly.

The rise of career woman has always been a favorite story of Japanese drama, compared to romance drama. I am glad that they continue this trend.

My favorite drama this year would easily be: doctor X, first class, kinkyuu (I would say Kinkyuu is B- rather than A drama though).

MOZU is also certainly great drama, along with Border. Hanasaki Mai has interesting concept, but they are indeed "NTV drama", which always has too much comedy on it.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  9. oniqlo

oniqlo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    My local TV network start airing Densha Otoko TV series (2005) (changing the ost in the opening), already watch the movie version.
    Even from the first episode i kinda understand why this series called a phenomenon. (Jinkama Mizuzu S chara is really scary yet funny:rofl:)

10. Jisei

Jisei Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    jcrasco
    I've watched :
    GTO 2012 (Live Action)
    35-sai no koukousei
    Moteki

and of Course all 3 seasons of Majisuka Gakuen ^_^

11. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

I agree... the 2nd one didn't have that "wow, this is shockingly pretty damn good" factor that you felt when watching the first one. Just watched the 3rd one though and the fight between Kenshin and the long coat guy was pretty epic IMO... it made everything that happened after that feel almost anti-climatic. As a whole... the Rurouni Kenshin live action trilogy was definitely top notch stuff considering it was Japanese live action... just love how Kenshin fights with all the fierce low crotch running and stuff. Also... for the first time in like ever... these movies made me like Emi Takei. LOL.

Didn't really like Crows Explode all that much though... IDK... it just seems that the newer generation of young Japanese actors can't compete with the likes of a young Oguri Shun, Takayuki Yamada and Sousuke Takaoke when it comes to coolness. :cool:

12. ふざけないで

ふざけないで Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    I can't seem to find the post you replied to here; guess I posted it on the movies thread. :^^;:
    I guess it's the deal with being the second in a trilogy - can be tricky to pull off something that rises above being just a bridge to an epic third act. But I still liked it and am looking forward to seeing the third. Good to see Japan making great action movies and manga adaptations.
    I thought the actor who played the main character in Crows Explode was really good; he seemed to have the physicality and intimidating presence, possibly more than Oguri Shun did for Genji. Mixed bag with everyone else though, and with only 2(?) minor-ish original characters returning it's kind of reminiscent of the feeling of irrelevance I felt watching the Bourne Legacy.

13. Maalat

Maalat Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yagurafuuko
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's a JDrama thread here.
    I've been a watcher of JDramas before I was into 48G, I've probably watched about 400 series, it was actually sort of my gateway to 48g.

Anyway I'm guessing some of us here (maybe a lot) watch JDramas, let's talk, like what you're watching right now, your favorites and recommendations etc.
    I'm currently watching Todome no Kiss and Final Cut, so far I'm enjoying Todome no Kiss more than Final Cut.

• Like Like x 1
  14. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    For this season:
    I watched almost every downloadable dorama on every season, of course not all left good impressions.
    Good watch: Kimi Sumi(abbrv)., Unnatural
    Okay: 99.9 season 2, BG
    The rest are quite horrible tbh. Let me know if I miss some good one.

I can't wait fr the Netflix/Hulu (i forget)'s Sherlock and Kintori season 3.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  15. Maalat

Maalat Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yagurafuuko
    What's the full title of kimi tsukamu? Also who's in it?

I've watched 1 episode of Unnatural but is on hold at the moment, I'll let the subbing team finish it first before watching it. It looks like a case of the week type of series so that kind of pushed it to on hold status for me. 99.9 s2 and BG are both on my to watch list.

What's promising this year so far though is that there're a lot of series that've been picked up for subbing compared to last year.

16. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Sorry it was a typo (tbh i typed that one). It was KimiSumi, a fans abbrevation for Kimi ga Kokoro ni Sumitsuita. Muro Tsuyoshi's (He had his breakthru in Super Salaryman Saenai-shi) character is the highlight there lmao. His chemistry with Kiritani Kenta is so funny and so gopd.

Hmm... never watched with sub since quite a long time, so tbh I don't mind for subs. But compared to early 2016, the drama is more interesting .

17. Maalat

Maalat Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yagurafuuko
    Ahh that one, it's on my to watch list as well because of yoshioka riho, loved her performance in gomen aishiteru and from what I've read she was pretty good in quartet too.

I wish I could watch doramas raw, there're a lot of good series yet to be subbed that I want to watch. :(

18. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    Mainly watch WOWOW drama.

Just watch BORDER two week ago because Man with a mission. Not as good as I expected. But still enjoyable. Shun potrayed his character really well.

19. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  20. Rivaan

Rivaan Kenkyuusei

I've only recently gotten into JDramas. I've seen 35-sai no Koukousei, Final Fantasy XIV: Hikari no Otousan, Boku Dake ga Inai Machi, Re:Mind, Code Blue (CB) season 1, CB Special, and am currently watching CB season 2.

Code Blue is my favourite drama so far and one that I would highly recommend to those who haven't seen it. It's a medical drama starring Yamashita Tomohisa (YamaP) and Aragaki Yui, which are two names I knew of before I even started watching JDramas. It can get a little graphic with the medical procedures (blood, and vague unidentifiable organs in the body), but nothing too crazy. The show's first season came out in 2008, followed by a special in 2009, then a second season in 2010 and the third in 2017. Finally, there will be a movie coming out this year.

Here's a link to my MyDramaList profile, which I just created yesterday. Feel free to add me if you're on there:

https://mydramalist.com/profile/Riivus