1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

JKT48 RIVAL(s)

Discussion in 'General JKT48 Discussion' started by too much idea, Jun 10, 2013.

1. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    I agree with most of what you are saying. And I am aware that the market aren't clearly separate, especially on lands that are not Japan. Because yes they are playing into the Japanophilia card they got as a sister group to a large Japanese idol group. But for a group on the scale of JKT48, a group that has gotten so much more experience and years into their existence, I wouldn't say that they are doing great job integrating well into what Indonesian general public would readily gobble and consume. I mean, it is not that it is inexistent, just that it is done in small scale.

I don't want a complete divergence from 48G/J-Idols/JPop concept either. But I don't think a concentrated focus on it would be sustainable. How many times has JKT48 gone through different ownership? Different systems? But not much is working out in a grand scale. They are alive, they are surviving, but they are not notably doing great and their past peak isn't really that notably great either, other than the novelty of being a "sister group of a large Japanese idol group". And we are not talking about a group with small management, small quantity of members, especially tailored for a specific concept. True, it was that in the beginning, but not anymore, shouldn't be anymore, should have had passed that. This is why musically, the direction Flying High is going is good I feel. But the first original single, it felt more like trying hard to fit in that they forget who they are. Flying High is like a good balance between JKT48 being in Japanophile market sound, with a dash of trendy style associated with kpop and the upbeat funk of Indonesian fun. Not perfect, but it's heading towards a good balance.

And is the Japanese side of the business still investing that heavily into JKT48?

Unlike their Chinese and Thai counterpart, JKT48 is more like dipping their feet into different aspects of Indonesian entertainment world, but they are not fully diving into it. They had a dangdut subunit, but why are they not doing more of that? Try get onto more dangdut shows, they could actually have had Sendy consistently solo perform there. What about singing members, they had that subunit, but it's obscure. Send Sisca to singing shows, or heck, have her properly solo debut and market her. Or what about the video gaming subunit, how are they doing now? You know, from the beginning, I feel what JKT48 is sorely lacking is their creative and consistent marketing. Most of it just don't stick.

Perhaps since you don't live in Japan, you don't see more activities about them. Are you aware how much of Nogi members has other jobs outside Nogi activities? Magazine appearances, acting gigs, theathrical skits, modelling... And these jobs are more viewable by Japanese general public. On top of having their devoted idoling fanbase, but these side-jobs they have actually solidify their image in Japanese general public as more than just idols and in that way, it plays more onto the cards that people who don't necessarily follow niche interests to also have an impression of them as a creative persona associated with the group. I'm not saying that it is enormous or they are hugely popular. But it is certainly more than how you think they are popular. And I think you are overestimating the popularity anime/manga around the globe. Sure, they are very popular. But people who are interested in it tend to be specifically invested in it and speak their interests loudly. You ain't gonna be going on the street and expect majority of abang2 and mbak2 to know and are fans of them. Of course they have a following in every country, it is widely sold around Indonesia, but you don't find people reading manga or watching anime more than they, let's say, watch gossip programs or sinetron. Heck, I think it's less than people interested in kpop. And when they do make news headline, have you noticed that they still had to be introduced with background information first? That's because the general public aren't generally aware of them.

I understand they are popular on their own right. They are great on their own right. But hey, weebs aren't really a dominating market in the country overall. Vtubers is all the rage at the moment because it's a relatively new medium of entertainment. Before that, wasn't the likes of Hatsune Miku were the rage too? But right now people are more into Vtubers.

JPop isn't only about idols. It isn't only about anisong, vtubers either. It's a part of it surely, but nowhere near the dominating part of JPop. It might be a part of it that has a dedicated following around the globe, but please realize that that following is more of a specific interest that the followers have to nurture, and not an interest that is widely shared by the general population. Even within its birth country.

Or you know, Japan is not just anime and idols. Just like how I think that there is a whole other world of dedicated following for Japanese male idols, but since I'm not a part of it, I'm not aware the extend of it so I can't view it in my mind, but I'm sure it's really really big too, even transcending Japanese borders. Or other Japanese music genre scenes, such as rock or whatever else, I'm sure it's big too. Or the following of Japanese drama, its actors & actresses... They are equally big too around the globe. Oh and what about their variety shows and their comedic scene? Japan is a biiiiiig entertainment center. Anime and idols are just a part of it.

2. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    I actually would like to see an Indonesia based Sakamichi group

Even creating a Sakamichi group in Indonesia is actually better than creating JKT48's own sister group

But there're many things to consider

Unlike 48g, Sakamichi groups don't perform in theatres & most of 48g revenue come from theatres. So if indonesian Sakamichi comes real, management needs to find a way to get much profit without a theatre

@mai48_ I do know that Sakamichi members have a lot of acting & modeling jobs

I have a friend who studies in Tokyo, he does know about Nogi but he doesn't know any individual member of the group, also he doesn't even know any Nogi song. Simply because he isn't a fan

Miku is still popular today. Even now Vocaloid has a mobile rhythm game named Project Sekahi which Miku & other Vocaloid personas are playable characters. Today, Project Sekai is the most popular rhythm game of today

I like some Jpop artists who are popular today like Yonezu Kenshi, Official Hige Dandism, & Yuuri. Definitely they aren't idols, also they actually rarely make music for animes. Yuuri's hit song Dried Flower is very nice, I listen to this song a lot on Spotify. I also like Yoasobi. Though all of Yoasobi's MV are animated, actually there's only one song from them is used as an anime theme song as of today

Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
  3. welp

welp Next Girls

This simply told vtube was popular among primary schoolers. Nothing more or less.

No. and I simply don't care.

No. Why should I care?

Actually, idols are more popular than you thought. Since you know Kouhaku, you must have known a bunch of idols are on that show. You must have known AKB48 used to be a regular of that show. Besides, have never you seen idols in TV CM? Do you think you know Japanese trends better than Japanese marketers recruiting those idols?

Realize that Hololive is the size of only a fragment of idol market in Japan.

Is not JKT48 still owned by Dentsu? If Dentsu still owns it, why may the group not rely mainly on Japanese investment?

You must have missed the very initial purpose of JKT48. It was meant to introduce J-pop culture. Thus, of course, they did not try hard to fit into Indo showbiz as their purpose would be diluted. Only now that the group struggling to survive, they have to change the position of the group and follow non J-pop trends.

I guarantee you this is not true. Try listing 5 J-dramas and films (anime excluded) that are international hits and released within last 5 years.

Only in your dream. Not gonna happen.

Are you sure? Think twice.

This basically means Nogizaka is a household name, isn't it? Do you understand what does this mean?

More popular than Superstar SM Town?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    OK @welp @mai48_ I'm tired with this so let's stop & make an agreement:

1. I admit that in Japan, Nogizaka46 is more popular than Hololive & Love Live
    2. But you 2 have to admit otherwise, outside Japan, Hololive & Love Live are more popular than Nogizaka46

Seems I better post about Indonesian chika idols here. There're many gems. Maybe some of them ever applying JKT48 audition & JOT should regret to not pick them to be JKT48 members

But I'll also keep posting about Indonesian vtubers, utaite, & literally anything that promotes Jpop in Indonesia though I know they aren't necessarily JKT48 rivals

Now you 2 can just leave, have a nice day

5. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    So Cherrybelle will return after long hiatus on this festival in Bandung
    PicsArt_07-17-09.32.25.jpg

Which members actually? New members or original ones having reunion? But yeah I heard that Wenda, a member of original Cherrybelle currently suffers on a serious illness and is hospitalised in Singapore, according to her husband Ruben Onsu so seems the one who will go to this festival is the new Cherrybelle

Note: JKT48 isn't an Indonesian artist of this generation but younger one. Maybe JKT48 can be considered on a same generation as Isyana Sarasvati, Payung Teduh, & Feast

The weebz in this festival is definitely Jrocks. I like their music tho sometimes they're criticised as a Laruku rip off but I think this band should have a better name

6. welp

welp Next Girls

1. LMFAO. Only in your dream.

7. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    This is the truth. Stop being denial

There're tons of proofs but yeah it's no use to show them to you because seems you'd keep being denial

Last edited: Jul 18, 2022
  8. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Moona's original solo song sounds like if she's a talent of 88Rising

if the video does not show watch the video here

9. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
  10. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    First ever Hololivemeet in Indo lndonesia. It'll be on Comifuro 15 on 24 & 25 September 2022

This event is very similar to 48 46 handshake

20220908_200318.jpg

11. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
  12. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Moona, Ollie, Reine, & Kobo featured on Hololive x Love Live collaboration
    PicsArt_11-12-09.21.51.jpg

Seems interesting. If there's merch, I might buy it ;)

13. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    Some of Indonesian latest Girlgroup who might appear to be worthy of being called opponent (not in rival level yet) and their latest song

1. Starbe

2. Blitzen

3. Glass (Triarona from 3rd Gen is the captain)

4. Sun (From Cherrybelle producers, Tasya from 6th gen appear to be the center of the group

Out of all this Sun and Starbe kinda grow on me because they don't really copy the girl crush concept all the time

In term of male rival I guess UN1TY is still the top opponent I think not really have knowledge in indo BG lol, but one thing that I notice is that these groups don't really break into public consciousness yet. Although UN1TY appear to be the only one in this list who have solo concert with their anniversary concert this December.

14. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Hololive ID announced 4th gen audition
    FB_IMG_1675248047198.jpg

15. yaohne

yaohne Member

Oshimen:
    chikanorina

Sorry but SUN the MV is so bad. Glass kpop wanna be ...

Ok only starbe for me

16. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    Since my last post apparently Glass lose a member and change their name into Glas. They also released 2 new song

if the video does not show watch the video here (Bloom)

if the video does not show watch the video here (Sweet Lie)

17. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune

Going viral among weebz

18. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha