1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

JKT48 RIVAL(s)

Discussion in 'General JKT48 Discussion' started by too much idea, Jun 10, 2013.

1. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
  2. zakky26

zakky26 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    Twitter:
    zakky17_
    "promised heaven to all JKT48 fans"???
    what the hell is he?GOD? PROPHET??
    to be honest,i never even bother or interested to find out about that guy...he's full of Sh*t (sorry for cursing)...
    he's just an attention seeker...

3. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    And much to my surprise a lot of JKT vvota promised to vote for him :fp:

4. Andi Rahmat

Andi Rahmat Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    zebimagnoliafawwaz
    S.O.S. is quite a beast. I followed them since the Galaxy Superstar (the show where they take the talents to Korea for training). Also, kak AG (Anggi) is actually an alumni of my high school :p The music sounds good. I liked Drop It Low.
    There's one other group too that was made with SOS, that is S4. And I liked their first single so much. Too bad they didn't advertise for Galaxy S4 though..

5. abaone94

abaone94 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    melodynurramdhani
    Twitter:
    abaone94
    In terms of general popularity, the current groups that are 'qualified' as a rival would be Cherrybelle and CJR. Both groups have an enormous fans, and some often conflicted with several JKT48's fans. I'm not really sure, but apparently, the reason why they are so prevalent are because their songs are easy-to-accept, especially to the general populace. Their concept are similar to their predecessors (older gb/bb) such as 7Icons and SM*SH, but they have a greater momentum than their seniors did. A momentum that they wisely used to speed their popularity.

On the other hand, SOS and S4 are pretty promising due to their link to their 'origins'. Something that no other Indonesian boy/girl group had (with JKT as an exception). Their concept are also more distinctive than the ones I mentioned before, which leave them a chance to compete on the market. However, after a light research into them, I sense that both are a little stagnant in absorbing new fans. With their style, their target would be the local K-Pop enthusiast, but most of these segment would prefer the original K-Pop instead of the localized ones. They also indirectly competed with the Korean groups for this market, which left them in a bit unfavorable situation. Still, with the current strength of the Hallyu wave, these Korean-based groups have a big chance to boom and - possibly - became a rival to JKT.

For now though, the de facto rival to JKT is Cherrybelle. Remember - there is still no other girl groups that can beat Cherrybelle in AMI, not even JKT48.

6. zakky26

zakky26 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    Twitter:
    zakky17_
    image.jpg
    Fleurs Meron
    image.jpg
    Shiroibara

With the growing success of JKT48 in the Indonesian Music industry..follows other Jpop based Idol Groups to rise in the industry...for instance a group called "Shiroibara" and "Fleurs Meron" are ready to add more color to the industry...

The positive side of this is finally JKT will have rivals in the idol group category...and management must be more serious if they don't want fans to be stolen by them :D

The negative side is some immature fans started to bully them saying they are copycats...

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  7. CherryBlossom48

CherryBlossom48 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    ^ i hope the "we're JKT48 rival" is not something they said to gain attention from JKT fans but not serious in music industry, remember Super Moe Land? and Queen Star? and that AKM group? :awesome:

8. zakky26

zakky26 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    Twitter:
    zakky17_
    I hope they're serious too...

I support this kind of competition,it makes them take things more serious now since they have rivals...

9. kurisu

kurisu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    I hope they take whatever bullying and hardship they receive and use that to fuel themselves and grow as performers...

Kind of like when AKB48 kept getting mispronounced as "Akihabara48", or when they guested on Idolling!!!'s flagship show and they noticed their lunches were always cold/convenience style types while more successful groups had hot lunches.

I love the idea of the "idol group" getting popularized... because it is a totally a different category compared with "girl bands"; which in people's minds come prepackaged... the girls themselves could each be soloist ,and are usually trained and a little older.
    Idol groups are raw talents by comparison, and we're here to watch them grow as entertainers/idols and people.

Different fandom mindset... more forgiving in someways, and less forgiving in other ways.

-

Can someone talk to me about Teenebelle? I saw them pop up on Youtube a few times...
    Would they be considered a rival? Or, is it more like CB created their own Nogizaka46 in a sense, for themselves?

10. zakky26

zakky26 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    Twitter:
    zakky17_
    @kurisu
    Teenebelle from people who are talking about them...it looks like CB is using the regeneration concept...and Teenebelle is somekind of their "2nd Gen"

Yeah,that group have no originality....i wouldn't consider them as rivals,except in terms of popularity...

11. CherryBlossom48

CherryBlossom48 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Yes, basically they're the 2nd generation of Cherrybelle, my cousin (he work at CBM Entertainment aka Cherrybelle label and management :gavel:) said Teenebelle will continue the cute image Cherrybelle has while Cherrybelle will have more mature/classy image

Talking about originality, seems like Cherrybelle management learn something from JOT, copying Call Sounds Good and trying to make their song became a viral like Fortune Cookie, a song with simple coreography :shifty:

A little trivia, former JKT48 3rd generation candidate, Krista Natali Markus is one of Teenebelle new member :XD:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Matenrou47

Matenrou47 Kenkyuusei

Is JKT's rival should to be idol group or girl group?

Idol group like Fleurs Melon now in Soundcloud, seemingly still in their indies.

For another question, is JKT really famous in Indonesia? Like AKB as social phenomenon in Japan?

And in Japan, idol terms been used since 20th century, so they already have many spots to introduce other idol groups. Even big records like avex make special label for idols. JKT is the first idol group in Indonesia isn't it? That makes other groups to more or less try to modify their moves. It will dissapear if idol industry in Indonesia swarmed. AKS big rival, Hello Project also held handshake event, so as long as we keep looking on indies idol group, we also want to support them.

Ckckckck... if there are fans saying a new group copycat JKT, seifuku-girl thing is commonly used in Japan...

I think main goal of an idol group (have to) make their group or members really popular. If they want to success, they have to make new concept to catch the popularity.

if the video does not show watch the video here

Shiroibara thing sounds like Mae Shika Mukanee

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  13. zakky26

zakky26 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    Twitter:
    zakky17_
    @Matenrou47
    It doesn't have to be an idol group...any girl group can be their rival in my opinion...

And yes,from my point of view,currently JKT is really famous here indonesia..starting from people who are fans,to people who only know them casually,or know a certain member belongs to the group...and recently JKT won a very prestigious award in Indonesian music industry too,beating other girl groups in Indonesia...so,that's gotta be something...

The group is growing slowly but sure,they experience the hardship in their early years just like AKB.... Comparing to other sister groups in japan which idol culture is a common thing...or SNH with so many money to build the group in an instant....

14. kurisu

kurisu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    Adding on to JKT/SNH:

It also might be worth mentioning too, that JKT48 sticks closer to the "AKB48 model" when it comes to member selection.

If you look at the average ages of all the '48 teams, you'll find JKT's teams are comparable with NMB/HKT's teams, as well as AKB's Team B and Team 4, the most common reoccurring ages being around 15-17 years old.

Average age of an SNH48 member: 19... which actually makes SNH's two teams SII & NII, the two overall oldest teams in the AKB48Group.

SNH's management upwards philosophy is shown stronger still, with their members living in dorms within the Star Theater... whereas, JKT48 members are more likely to live at home and be students.

So, it's not just money and idols groups already being an established thing that shapes them, it's also the calibre of the members themselves, in their overall experience and ability... and also the amount of time they're physically able to devote to their respective groups.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  15. ryansetyono

ryansetyono Kenkyuusei

Shiroibara's "Bersama kan bahagia" plagiarism to "Ai no Tame ni" - Aya Ueto ->
    Only change the languange & aransement without copyright permission

16. zakky26

zakky26 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    Twitter:
    zakky17_
    ^
    Well that's sucked...Ai no tameni was one of my favorite songs...

I was going to support the emerging idol groups...but if they do that,then there's no reason not to bully them :|

17. DreamerKid

DreamerKid Kenkyuusei

do shiroibara released the song as their own single or they just do a cover version of ai no tame ni?

18. ryansetyono

ryansetyono Kenkyuusei

Shiroibara Single Promo "Bersama kan Bahagia"

19. CherryBlossom48

CherryBlossom48 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    ^^ as their single

according to Shiroibara fans, the management say they have permission to sing the song in Bahasa :rolleyes:

Maybe in Japan it's common to use seifuku but not here, but you must know not all fans like to bully other group because the seifuku thing

For me JKT's only rival based on popularity is Cherrybelle, other group like SMASH, CJR, 7icons, Princess, Blink seems lost their popularity

If they serious in music industry, of course i'm going to support them but this happened before, they brag about "JKT's rival", got attention from JKT fans, became popular (but doing nothing) and then...poof! they dissapear :fp:

20. ryansetyono

ryansetyono Kenkyuusei

Hm.. i don't think so they (management) have permission to sing that song :3