1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

JNR48 (JuNioR48)

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by Nobody, Jan 25, 2020.

?

Is the creation of JNR48 (JuNioR48) a good idea ?

1. Yes.

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No.

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Nobody

Nobody Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    SGO48 Hikari
    SNH48 to form new group called JNR48 :
    https://english.shukanbunshun.com/2020/01/snh48-to-form-new-group-called-jnr48.html

"A new 7th generation GNZ48 member revealed, her name is Mo Xin.

Meanwhile, SNH48 formally announced the creation of JNR48 (Junior48), for girls aged 6 to 14 who have interest in singing and dancing.

Selected candidates have the chance to perform with the SNH48 members or be a SNH48 trainee.

Registration starts from now till Jan 31 2020."

SNH48 confirms the creation of JNR48 (JuNioR48) :
    https://english.shukanbunshun.com/2020/01/snh48-confirms-creation-of-jnr48.html

"JNR48 is an official group created and run by the Shanghai Xiaoyuan Art Troupe which is the young dance troupe that has performed at the last two SNH48 Group general elections, new audition members is now ongoing.

JNR48 auditions for members from 6 to 14 years old run until January 31st with selection made in February

Members will participate in the SNH48 General Elections and Best50 Request Time (perform only, not compete), perform at the theater, various shows, and the 2020 Paris Star International Art Festival."

Meet JNR48, Junior48 the new SNH48 sister group :
    https://english.shukanbunshun.com/2019/12/meet-jnr48-junior48

"Through SNH48's official website STAR48 has announced a new sister group named "JNR48" or "JuNioR48".

Some time ago, rumors about JNR48 had surfaced and become the talk of the SNH48 Group fans.

JNR48 is officially authorized by Shanghai Siba Culture Media Group Co., Ltd. (STAR48).

This group was created by Shanghai Xiaoyuan Art which has been working with SNH48 for a long time.

In this announcement it was explained that JNR48 was the children's version of the SNH48 idol group.

According to a citizen of Shanghai Xiaoyuan Art is a children's training entertainment agency supported by the Shanghai government.

JNR48 will find exceptional little girls to be recruited through selection.

Build an exclusive dream stage for children who love to sing, dance, and perform.

All selected girls will have the opportunity to interact with SNH48.

In the future, JNR48 members will have the opportunity to become a new force to become the next star of SNH48.

JNR48 has opened a trainee audition on 2-31 January 2020. Little girls aged 6-14 years can take part in this audition.

Once accepted, members will have more opportunities to participate in various high-quality performances and photography activities.

(1) Performing at the SNH48 GROUP general election final concert.
    (2) Performing at the SNH48 GROUP Request Time concert.
    (3) Have a show at SNH48 Star Dream Theater.
    (4) Various large-scale performances held with Shanghai Xiaoyuan Art.
    (5) Join the 19th Paris Star International Art Festival 2020.
    (6) Participation in domestic TV programs.
    (7) Members who meet the SNH48 qualification requirements will have the opportunity to become SNH48 members.

Audition selection will be conducted in February 2020 in Shanghai. Professional trainers will provide targeted teaching on vocal music, performances, dance and body shape, and become a member of JNR48 through professional art training."

"JNR48 confirmed!" :
    https://snh48.today/jnr48-confirmed/

"On January 2nd, SNH48 posted on its news page (above) a new significant announcement: the creation of a new group called JNR48!

Created and operated by the Shanghai Xiaoyuan Art Troupe (associated to the Shanghai Media Group) under license by STAR48, this will be a “junior” version of SNH48 as the name implies (JuNioR48). Operating as its own talent agency, JNR48 will recruit young talent between 6 and 14 years with the intent of providing them long term training and performance opportunities.

Auditions will run until the end of January 2020 with selections taking place in February. Selected members will be given training as well as opportunities for outside work in various shows and events including interaction with SNH48 Group members at the Best50 Request Time, general elections, and theaters.

Shanghai Xiaoyuan Art Troupe
    You might be forgiven for not knowing what the Shanghai Xiaoyuan Art Troupe is but if you are an SNH48 fan you have seen them before. This Shanghai dance troupe has been associated to three SNH48 Group General Elections so far and their performances were very well received.

Still don’t remember?

Here are videos from the 2017, 2018, and 2019 SNH48 Group General Elections to help jog
    your memory."

22 July 2017 :

if the video does not show watch the video here

29 July 2017 :

28 July 2018 :

27 July 2019 :

This reminds me of those videos :

26 January 2018 : 'Little idols': Japan's dark obsession with young girls :

This video is the second most viewed Vietnamese Youtube Music Video with 393 million views for the young girl singer BẢO AN :
    [OFFICIAL MV FULL HD]_XÚC XẮC XÚC XẺ - BÉ BẢO AN ft PHI LONG :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjuNB23gTiU

This video is the third most viewed Vietnamese Youtube Music Video with 322 million views for the young girl singer Phan Hiếu Kiên :
    Thương Lắm Thầy Cô Ơi! - Bé Phan Hiếu Kiên :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLHSPrJUx4s

As you can see on the following website, Vietnamese music videos with young girls singing made hundreds of million views :
    Most viewed Youtube music videos by Vietnamese artists :

https://kworb.net/youtube/topvideos_vietnamese.html

This Thai Youtube music video made 203 million views for the young girl singer Mercy Rsiam :
    ตะลุมตุมโบ๊ะ : เมอร์ซี่ อาร์ สยาม จูเนียร์ [Official MV] | Mercy Rsiam :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uhx6AgNylQ

This Korean Youtube music video made 40 million views for the young girl singer Na Haeun :
    나하은 (Na Haeun) - "So Special" OFFICIAL M/V :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=030ibgnaK54

What do you think about it ?

Do you think that the creation of JNR48 (JuNioR48) is a good idea ?

Who is your favorite JNR48 (JuNioR48) idol ?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2020
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Look, I strongly believe they are competing against JYP's acquisition of BOY STORY: a 6-member Chinese Boy Group who started out young and are growing up in The Industry. The youngest member I have seen to have joined AKB48 was 11 years old, maybe I even saw a 10-year-old (with JKT? I know there was a recent stink among a sister group recently.) We know of Na Haun; granted she only released One Song and wants to focus more being on a choreographer, but she wants to be in The Industry at such a Young Age AND she gets invited out to award shows and dances to the nominated songs. We know in the K-Pop Industry, children can get recruited and become trainees.

It was revealed that a 15-year-old help choreographed Red Velvet's latest comeback, "Psycho" and there is a popular IG Child Model by the name of Ella Gross. Going back to J-Idols, we have BABYMETAL and Desu.Rabbits, both who started out with young teens and growing up in The Industry. Everyone knows about the AHS School and Sakura Gakuin. We also can't forget about Locodols.

Why are people making such a stink about it? These girls want to be Idols and their chance has come in the form of joining SNH48 Juniors. Like it or not, anyone, at any age, can become a Celebrity. We have Child Celebrities to here in the West. Why are we against this in China? I know in General everyone is against Children in the Entertainment Industry as a whole, but, this has been the norm for a while now. I don't get it at all.

Wow. That was longer than I expected. :^^;:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  3. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    I think this is just like the dozens of other Idol training camps that are starting to appear in China. I don’t think they are actually going to release music.

4. rylixav

rylixav Kenkyuusei

All of your examples are good, and don't forget that girls have always been a part of the jpop/idol industry from a very young age. Hagiwara Mai was 6 when she joined Hello Pro Kids. In fact I think most of Berryz and C-ute were still in elementary school when they joined up. And don't forget Hello! Pro Eggs have always brought in people really young.

There really aren't a lot of people who are actually opposed to this. There are just a few very loud and very pushy people who like to shriek incoherently about how they're offended by everything in order to get attention. Unfortunately, in the Western/English speaking idol community some of them happen to be moderators, and they use their positions to push their own agendas, so it looks like there's a much larger backlash than their actually is.

Anyway this is a good thing, and I hope it's successful. Given how quickly idols have to learn everything if they start at 12-14, it only makes sense to let them start their idol careers earlier so they can go at a more reasonable pace and have more time to adjust to the entertainment world. And I hope this idea takes off for the other 48/46 groups as well.

5. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    So they just announced the 1st generation members

102954510_2737251803261847_6810833853767998461_n.jpg

does this group have a site?

6. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    JNR48.jpg
    Take this with a grain of Salt: they are going to debut during the upcoming General Elections. So far, a Thai Star48 Family fan page has collected all revealed members so far. (Fixed my link because it was only showing one member? I have an album collecting all 25 members.)

Said Fan Page was kind enough to toss me their website...or at least to view members without registering.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  7. yaohne

yaohne Member

Oshimen:
    chikanorina
    I'm not worried for the girls but I'm worried for SIBA MANAGEMENT
    ISN'T good to crush the dream of a little girls

8. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I don't like this. Kids should be able to be kids and play

9. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    I mean, like, we have Kid Idols. It's not something new. We all know there are Locodols that start at a young age. This is giving those who have been in Locodols a chance at being bigger. Youngest members for AKB48 have been 11 years old, and I think there was at least one 10-year-old. Either within AKB48 or one of its Sister Groups. K-Idols are exactly the same: they start young and then finally get to debut. Americans have Children in Entertainment for centuries. This is normal. If Children want to be in the Industry, they're gonna go for it. At least with this, they are trying to do it the right way?

@yaohne How is it Siba Entertainment? I looked it up and that's an American Company?

10. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I also think that Matsui Jurina (who joined at 11 and lied at her age during the application process) was too young to become an idol. She's now 23 and people who have met her say she's the most believable idol because that's all she knows – how to be an idol. I personally think children aren't able to develop two personas – the private and the public one. I think it's important that people have both. Jurina is also struggling with mental health really bad right now and when people asked her what she wants to do after graduation, she said "sing and dance" because that's all she knows.

Another example is Morning Musume's Kago Ai, who (trigger warning) self harmed for years and then attempted suicide. Momorio Clover Z's Ariyasu Momoka also had a breakdown and had to go on a hiatus from the group because it was too much.

I also don't like children in the American or Korean entertainment industry. There are so many stories surfacing recently about Korean idols who were mistreated by their band members and by management (AOA's Mina, ANS's Haena and also in Japan, NGT's Yamaguchi Maho). These girls were abused by or did not receive enough support from management and band members in some form or another. These girls weren't that young when they started out and they still struggled, and it would be a lot easier for them to stand up for themselves if they were older. Or think about the American superstars that became famous as teens and had breakdowns (Britney Spears started at age 11, Justin Bieber at age 13, Amanda Bynes at age 7).

The top post asked for our opinions, and my opinion is that it's wrong to have children in the entertainment industry. We don't need singing or dancing kids – they can practise until they get older, I don't mind them pursuing their dreams –, and we don't need child actors either, really. At least no main roles. Most scenes can be written in a way that children needn't be present.

Anyway, like I said, the post asked for our opinion and that's mine //shrug//

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. yaohne

yaohne Member

Oshimen:
    chikanorina
    Yes is right because the majority of children in the industry fallen pretty high.
    For ariyasu the problem is that she have matured and the momoiro clover z style was far beyond her need and I understand my oshi she seems happy with her new style and nowadays MCZ ARE FAMOUS ONLY FOR CONCERTS THEY HAVE PRETTY BAD FALL IN TERMS OF SINGLES RELEASE.

SIBA IS THE AGENCY OF CHN48 AND THEY'RE FAMOUS MISMANAGEMENT. I'm pretty sure that only the famous mini can have the chance to become snh members is the same system of hello pro kenshussei

12. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    So, wait: you don't think kids should have kid role models growing up? I actually would rather kids have kid role models than adult role models. Yeah, it's not really a grand life of luxury that they play it out to be, but some actually did come out on top from that. The biggest one I can think of is the Lizzie McGuire kid cast. Hilary Duff herself hasn't had any scandals, and anyone can have scandals at any age. Others I can think of that I haven't heard of scandals are the Gullah Gullah Island and Out of the Box kids. They also tried bringing back the Mickey Mouse Club, though with more Pre-Teens and Teenagers than kids.

I guess, being from the 90s, I'm so used to growing up seeing kids on television, I just don't find this weird at all, and embrace it. I know the issues surrounding some Celebrities, but, a lot of them do crazy stuff to "get away from their childhood image" and their parents. Teenage rebellion strikes whenever for all races. If their family only cares about the money and not their children, that's when we truly have the bad issues. It also all depends on how money-hungry the adults are. As I mentioned above, a lot of Kid Celebrities have come out on the Positive from a lot of the Negative problems.

Also, Twitter Fan Page likes to add on, with this:
    "No. JNR48 is a separate entity operating as a kids talent agency just like there are thousands around the globe from Hollywood to Bollywood. The agency is simply buying the right to use the 48 brand. They will have the occasional interaction with SNH48 but that is all."
    These girls have already performed at SNH48 General Elections before (3x, apparently), so, it would make sense to have them be a 'group' as well.

I will concede at Agreeing to Disagree.

13. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I don't ever remember having another child as a role model when I was a child myself. Most kids I know (and as a nanny and former kindergarten teacher, I know many kids) listen to pop music (i.e. Little Mix, Ariana Grande, Lil Nas X, Ed Sheeran) and either watch animated TV shows or live-action Disney remakes, and neither of those feature real children. I remember Barney and Mickey Mouse Club but I never considered any of them my role models and forgot who they were once I stopped watching those shows.

I think there's a reason why we ask kids "what do you want to be when you grow up?" and I think the reason is that kids should be allowed to explore different possibilities. If a child becomes famous at, let's say, age 6-12, then they're gonna be stuck in the entertainment industry for at least their teens because their parents make the decisions for them. And then if they want to leave the industry and pursue a different career, they're famous and will be recognised anyway. Famous children don't get to experience different areas and all they'll know is how to be famous.

Anyway, on the topic of the group, I'm pretty sure the SNH48 sousenkyo is taking place right now and I heard JNR48 is performing for those who want to become more familiar with them.

14. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    JNR48 did end up debuting at the General Elections. According to this Fan Twitter Page, it's just a Kids Talent Agency, not necessarily a part of SNH48 at all.

(This link can die at any given moment)
    And even though they didn't perform this song, they did make an appearance.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  15. Sae Chan

Sae Chan Member

Member of The Institute for Miyazawa Sae Worship
    Oshimen:
    Miyazawa Sae
    Twitter:
    SaeChanOshi33
    Because they treat SNH48G members like shit to begin with

16. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    It's 2022 and this group is still alive though their only performances are during the Election Concerts
    I also haven't seen anyone from JNR that got transferred/promoted to any SNH group

• Informative Informative x 1