1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kakehashi Sayaka (Saachan) / 4th Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Members' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 1, 2018.

1. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Don't you think it's strange she still hasn't been selected for senbatsu? I mean, even since the beginning her HS sales were on pair with other popular members who have already been 4th gen aces..., even now, with 26th single, over Sayaka, they prefered even Tamura and Seimiya, which are not fan favourites as much as her. What do you think she's currently lacking on to not be selected for senbatsu despite her results are the same or even better other 4th gen girls? Her behaviour? Her looks?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. TAMU

TAMU Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Joe Pesci
    I've been wanting to find out what/why too.

As far as I've been aware, her showroom numbers are like 3rd~4th highest as well. Even during their relay blog days, even before the 24th single, I noticed hers has the highest number of (approved) comments by a mile.

Setting aside senbatsu, why is she not getting other jobs? Mayu, Seira, Yuri and Yanchan are regularly on the radio. Now Yumiki is gonna be too.

It's a mystery. From an outsider looking in my guess is as good as yours. The only thing I could think of is school, she probably has limited schedule due to school.

• Like Like x 4
  3. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

This is just my personal observation. I'm not sure but I wonder if there's some sort of attitude from her.

I'll never forget this skit because of Sayaka. In a bad way.

On the very first question where all of them answered correctly, seems like she's not happy everyone got it right. And when Mori said "someone almost messed up referring to Nao, she laughs at her as if she was delighted about it. On the 3rd question where Tamura and Saya got it wrong, she immediately pointed out Saya's kanji is wrong. 4th question about America, everyone got it right. The other 4 jumped for joy, but she on the other hand almost didn't move a muscle and kept her straight unhappy face. Next question, she hurriedly wrote her answer, a moment later she asked Morie if she can give the other girls a hint.

It's like everyone is enjoying, having fun, make a mistake but laugh it off. But Sayaka? A proud, bragging show off is what I saw in that particular skit. Like it's a real competition for her and she wants to show everyone she's the best, she's a smart girl. I didn't feel comfortable watching her in that skit.

I'll also add the last episode of Skit Season 1? She took 2nd place. Everyone was celebrating with their rank. But she's obviously not happy taking runner-up honor. I mean what's that? I don't even like her police skit (but of course that's just me).

I also remember Kojichu Music Video highlights where 4th gen presented 'I see' and one observation is Kakehashi overdoing it. She looks uninterested with a face almost saying 'I don't have time for this nonsense'.

Initially, she's one of the girls I found interesting, funny, I feel a good vibe from her. But now, I don't even know this girl. Is she just being competitive? Am I looking too deep into it? Was my observation wrong? Maybe, please tell me if that's the case. I'm also interested to know what others think and observed from her.
    I remember there was a discussion about her, like changing her character. I'm not sure about all this. Imo, she's not ready, not right for Senbatsu yet. Other girls might even overtake her next single. Mayu, though she might have this baka image, she's got sincerity and I feel there's a willingness to improve. Rei in the beginning is a crybaby. But she also showed she can be a leader (Doko e) even tho she's one of the younger members. Well, that's my personal take. I'm more than pleased it was them over Sayaka. Next time I hope it's Seira's turn.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    I agree with that and I already talked about it, she's kinda snob and is more about herself than the "group", that's probably why she's not being chosen as a senbatsu member as for now, she needs to change that "I'm better than you" attitude or she'll be the next Kashiwa Yukina.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  5. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

There was also an episode of Koujichuu (can't remember which one) where Bananaman called on her and she looked like she was bored, like she wasn't even paying attention.

I really like Sayaka and personally think she deserves to be in senbatsu, but it there is a lot of evidence that she has an attitude problem. And I don't even mind that, I would kind of like to see an idol with an attitude problem. It would be an interesting contrast with the rest of the girls. But its probable that it might be causing issues behind the scenes.

6. NyanNyan's Pet

That's probably the same Music Video Highlights episode (ep. 274) when Shitara said the other girls were mocking her but she seemed spaced out. That's her chance to add a bit more to the conversation since she doesn't regularly appear on the show. Idk, maybe she doesn't like it? She doesn't like to be teased like that? Well, it's up to her to show she deserves a spot in Senbatsu. Maybe her popularity can carry her through. Maybe not since as we saw, it was Mayu and Rei selected. Let's see next time.

7. HXT100

HXT100 Kenkyuusei

I do think school or something is a factor; management controls some of the jobs and senbatsu ofc but for other outside jobs the outside company or whatever has more of a say, and I dont think they would know or care as much about internal issues like not getting along well with other members. Generally popularity is what matters to those companies. I think there is a possibility its like yuri's situation, where she didn't participate in a lot of outside jobs until she graduated hs bc she was doing academically rigorous stuff

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. rentanDAISUKI

rentanDAISUKI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Renka/Runa/Rika
    I do respect all of opinions here about her. Maybe this could be a very biased observation but Kakehashi Sayaka is a good girl but has quite big ego. Actually if you do remember her introduction video where bananaman asked of her if she could spontaneously create a new song from her guitar play, she denied it seriously. But still during that time, she still a soft-hearted girl (she still btw) that cried easily (rollercoaster episodes) and has cute eye-smile. Even then, starting from yoakemade era especially, she came out from her shell and thats where her true character come out. I'm not blaming you guys if she appeared snobby and brat-like character, but as runa said in their ex-taishu interview, people always assumed sayaka as cold/blunt person. However, she is also someone who happily chase her own interest with great vigor. Someone like sayaka is definitely not extrovert, but she can mingle easily without problem. But then, she prefer to keep a 'safe' distance between her members and this gaps actually grew apart as times goes. She is very competitive, unlike rei/seira, sometimes she took it seriously. I suggest that if given enough time, she will understood that her behaviour will eventually affect her comrades. Even now, she admits it numerous times in her blog/showroom that she never/rarely call members except for runa. Im not sure if you guys watched her nekojita SR with hayashi runa just now, she is definitely a very sweet/funny/bubbly girl and anyone who see that will have hard time to believe she is snobby or any sort of that. My assumption is that most of 4ki does not click that well with her and she even said that runa is the most comfortable person she can be with in her interview. The SR just now proved it even more. So since she is still young in the industry, I believe a lot of improvement can be made and she will definitely reflect herself even more soon. I also didn't understand why mgmt skipped her in the senbatsu but if there is a valid reason, im sure her attitude is not one of them. Just my personal view.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

Before we already talked about the impression of her appeared to be a little snobbish, but I think it wouldn't really hurt her chances regard senbatsu, if not for other reasons like others have mentioned.
    But if that really the case, the reason I can think of is maybe is indirectly to tame her intellectual pride, to lead her humble and not a big head by pushing her early into senbatsu.

I think the point is that she seems (on some occasions) really put a proud of her intellect. It's shown all over her face whenever quiz segments happened. I suggest watching Neptune league with 4ki just for another brief example, reading her micro expression. I'm basically that kid when I was around her age, and I have seen many too.
    But again, her facial moods can also appear mature, caring, and understanding as well--and it caught on camera as well.
    While her snobbism doesn't seem like an isolated case, but there is always nuance on the person's personality.
    Again It does not really define her, and as young, as she is, people do change.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  10. rentanDAISUKI

rentanDAISUKI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Renka/Runa/Rika
    Totally agreed with this opinion.
    I actually rewatch ep16 skits and just focused on her and I had a grasp on why she was acting like that. As i mentioned before, sayaka is someone who will do anything to chase her own interest and in this case, she want the balloon to explode. Quite weird but well no one is normal in nogi. Thus explain really well why she look very pleasant when they got it wrong and she not even budged when the balloon did exploded (yanchan already on the floor lmao), she look very happy with it with a big smile on her face. Regarding her pointing out other mistakes, that's normal reaction for any smart kid in general. Like OP, im also once of those kids when I was at her age. I'm actually does not mean anything bad towards my friends because im not actually making fun of them but rather want to live up the moment. What kind of friends who cant laugh at each other mishap. On top of that, we can see she was not pointing out nao mistake due to respect and let morita did the job. But with yanchan who she already close, she knew yanchan will play along and dont mind if others make fun of her. yeah, i know her action may appear very disrespectful, i do have a friend like that and we even have another nogi members who share the similar attitude ie. runa/miona. These people are not afraid to voice out their concern frankly however it does not mean they are bad people.Even then, i also think miona and runa are more considerate towards each other while sayaka still far from it. She still 18 years old anyway, i hope her close relationship with runa will influenced her a lot.

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. NyanNyan's Pet

Haha, when the MC said Rei had no mistake, she was so fast to raise her hand and say 'me too'. That was funny. Rei was just nodding :lol:
    This. Rei and Seira are also very competitive. Rei does it with a smile on her face. Seira if observe enjoys everything she does. Look how playful she is during Skits Charademy.

I do think she's a nice girl deep inside. But in a group of girls competing for the same spot, I don't know what's her approach towards this goal. It's possible what we talked about here has nothing to do with her not being selected to Senbatsu. Anyway, I agree she's still young and one of Nogi's youngest generation. Like how the top 3rd gen established their position, we'll see in time if Sayaka can be a part of 4th gen's still growing Senbatsu members.

• Like Like x 3
  12. HXT100

HXT100 Kenkyuusei

I could see her having a rentan-like arc in terms of popularity where she isn't/wasn't one of the pushed members at first but then starts making several senbatsus in a row or something, as noted at the beginning of this convo her popularity is definitely at the level where it's a possibility for management to use her like that.

13. Jumps_Zilla

Jumps_Zilla Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    <3 Nishino Nanase <3
    I did get a slightly different vibe from her at the end of Nogizaka Skits season 1 but I hope she becomes aware that she might be a little "off" and adjusts accordingly. :)

Cheers!

14. TAMU

TAMU Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Joe Pesci
    @NyanNyan's Pet On that skit, no you shouldn't! :D It was spliced to fit the espionage time limit narrative. Nao said in her showroom Sayaka offered to give hints when everyone was like 'wakannai doshiyo' (cluelessness), and they were grateful for it. If we assume there were more questions on set and they cherrypicked the best for TV ones, it would actually look worse for everyone in the room including her if she kept quiet waiting while everyone was struggling to think of an answer, knowing they can edit it anyway.

The pointing out of the wrong answer would be normal under those circumstances. Kaki did this to her on that quiz when she missed 1 stroke on a 20+ stroke Kanji (it's barely noticeable). Considering there's a prize (delicacy?) for the winners and Sayaka's team was on a handicap, she took this lightly and laughed it off when Saraba went at her for it.

Aside from that, I share the rest of the views here, especially on the Koujichuu ones. It seems she wants to be 'in-charge' of a scene, she doesn't like being dragged along into it or sharing the moment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. rentanDAISUKI

rentanDAISUKI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Renka/Runa/Rika
    Happy birthday cutie girl Kakehashi Sayaka! May u get married with Runa.

16. baotrantrnn

baotrantrnn Member

Happy birthday Saachan :ome:my sweet girl

17. Jumps_Zilla

Jumps_Zilla Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    <3 Nishino Nanase <3
    Happy birthday!

18. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    Happy birthday, Saa-chan<3
    :ome::ome:

19. Vapour

Vapour Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    大園桃子, 賀喜遥香
    Happy birthday Saachan. Wish you all the best this year

20. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Happy birthday our guitarist Saachan. :ome:
    Hope the best for you and I want to see your jazz play in the future.:)