1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kakizaki Memi (Memitan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Hinatazaka46 Graduated Members' started by ForrestFuller, May 11, 2016.

1. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Not this time. They performed their own song from the SekaAi CD in them at a mini-live during a handshake event a few weeks ago. And yes, those outfits are cool. They themselves and just about everyone else think so: the outfits are like Kanji Keyaki's SekaAi outfits, but with the blue and white reversed.

Here's a bit of that performance:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  2. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

Thanks! love the dance so cute

3. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Hustle Press Hiragana Keyaki spread #3: Kakizaki Memi, Takase Mana, Higashimura Mei.
    https://hustlepress.co.jp/hiraganakeyaki_03/

These first photo features are pretty simple, as the Kanji Keyaki ones were, but the girls look great. Nice little interview with them. All three are from out of town, but Memi (the youngest) is a bit dominant: she has guided them through railway stations and can be a bit of a tease. Before the selection, she thought Mana was younger than her and kept encouraging her. But in fact, she herself is younger by over three years. Mana seems cool, and can in fact control her emotions, but says it's partly an illusion, since her face just goes stiff when she's nervous. Mei is sweet and relaxed. She and Memi laugh a lot together. All three can slip into local dialect, especially Mana and Mei, who speak Kansai-ben together.

EDIT: In other news, Memi is apparently going to have a ten-page photo feature in the December UTB magazine, which will come out 22 October.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  4. jokoyamajui

jokoyamajui Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nagasawananako
    Wow, so many pages for Memi. It is interesting that, like Techi, she really stands out despite being the youngest. They both have very powerful, captivating looks I suppose.

5. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

We haven't seen enough of Memi to really know yet, but I think there is something powerful about both their personalities, too. Techi is outwardly humble, but immensely determined. Memi is outwardly weak and dependent, but also pushy and capable. Maybe Techi pulls her group together and drives it forward by force of will. And Memi pulls her group together around her by being a combination of sweet and aggressive, lol. The Hiraganas all seem to like her, anyway, as far as I can tell.

Of course her appearance is cute in a childish way, as well, and that creates a certain kind of appeal. But a ten-page spread is surprising. We know Sakamichi is pushing her for centre, so that explains it in part. I trust they know something.

6. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Great photos of Memi from the weekend handshake event on keyakizakamatome. She and Kageyama Yuuka shared a lane as Black Riding Hood and Red Riding Hood. Another photo: Memi with Yui-Pon.

mobj3BMEG_640w.jpg

Memi with Takamoto Ayaka, who wrote: "Memi is amazingly up-front. She's the cutest. We ended up hugging. I really do love the third-year middle-schooler, Memi."

mobmjwn94.jpg mobINJuwR.jpg

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  7. zurichtime

zurichtime Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    may i know which concert hiragana keyaki performed?

8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

It was at the "mini-live" during the handshake event in Nagoya, on 13 August. It wasn't broadcast, and I've never seen more than that little clip on Sony Topics.

EDIT: They also performed at the Kyoto mini-live on Sunday 16 October. As far as I know, those are their only two public performances.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  9. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

10. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

From Memi's Wednesday blog post:

(At the Sunday handshake event) people kept saying to me: "I support you. Go for it!" It made me so happy I could cry ( ;_; )♡

We didn't expect so many people to come [to the ticket-selling event on Monday].... We will work with all our strength to be able to give you something beyond your expectations [at the Hospitality Event in two weeks' time]. Look forward to it! ♡

mob2vbKDs_640w.jpg
    mob3laXDo_1024w.jpg mobODq0Fv_1024w.jpg mobwprZaM_1024w.jpg

11. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
  12. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Thank you so much for these. A couple of them are totally classic. I understand her saying that she was surprised they were actually her, but they are. The Sakamichi people who decided who to choose have good eyes. The lines of her face, her Mona Lisa smile, her eyes, her hair. When they were talking about her apparent calmness when the results of the audition were announced, it reminded me of Hirate's strange aplomb. As long as she can carry through her determination to perfect her singing and dancing, she seems to me to be a born idol. She can get so nervous that her jaw shakes, but she still gives a preternaturally calm impression.

tumblr_ofggtfD88z1vpybydo5_1280_640w.jpg

13. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    I agree, she has a very calming look to her that I really like.

I updated that post with much better quality scans + 1 great photo that I didn't add.

[​IMG]

14. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Thanks for the upgrade, and for the new pic.

UTB magazine has tweeted another pic, saying that when UTB staff saw the photos during the shooting, they all said, "This is fantastic!" and oohed and ahhed over Memi's potential (as a photo-model, I presume). The tweet points out she's the same age Techi was when she started, 14, and suggests this long gravure may be the eve of her break-out. Memi turns 15 on 2 December, so she's just a bit over five months younger than Techi, and in the same school-year.

CvbjU8hVMAAz58O_640w.jpg (640x480)

CvbjU8hVMAAz58O.jpg (1200x900)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  15. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

There hasn't been enough Kakizaki Memi talk recently. Here's her late Thursday night blog post, talking about being so upset with her own performance during the making of the new MV that she cried. So did Sasaki Kumi, as we see in the making-of video. They are getting into the desperate Keyaki spirit, lol. Personally, I don't think it matters if Memi smiles and puts on the "right" expression in performance. It's more important that whatever she does comes naturally from the heart. That's her style.

16. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Higashimura Mei
    Couldn't have said it better.

17. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

18. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Higashimura Mei
    Happy birthday Memi!!!:ome:

To be honest I don't follow the Hiragana to much, but hopefully they will do more stuff (like Keyabingo, perhaps a drama in the future, maybe appear in the A-side of a single), and I will become more interested in the Hiragana :^^;:

19. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I've been disappointed not to see more of them on Keyakitte, Kakenai. Their work in their Omotenashikai performance was amazing. Partial videos are around (links in the General thread, I think), and an expanded version will be broadcast again this month. Their time is coming, but not soon enough for me. I'll be publishing an interview with Memi and Kage-chan soon.

20. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Higashimura Mei
    You mean a translation of an interview :lol:

And thank you and other people for the translations of interviews and blogposts, stuff like that is why I can "feel" Keyaki more than 48G, if you get what I mean.