1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kamieda Emika (Emichi) / 3rd Generation

Discussion in 'NMB48 Graduated Members' started by saika.city, Feb 20, 2012.

1. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    We're going to really miss her on the NMB48 floor. ;(

Also, Emichi has a new Twitter account post-NMB48...be sure to follow her since she won't use her old Twitter account anymore!
    https://twitter.com/emikakamieda

2. tsukiname

tsukiname Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Wait wait wait she's living in Spain right now. And this week has posted photos of Tarragona. Is she living in the same city as me??????? o.o

3. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    She is staying in Tarragona right now. No clue for how long, but she had a few Instagram Lives on a festival last week. Forgive me for not knowing what the festival was, but it looked like a lot of fun, haha. Please stay safe!

4. tsukiname

tsukiname Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Yeah,I saw them,I was so shocked to see she was in Santa Tecla (the festival's name)!
    But in contrast to last week that was so much fun,now it's hard times...
    I hope she can enjoy her time here >-<
    Is there any way to contact her? I study japanese and we could actually help each other with our studies.

5. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

LMAAAAAAAAAAO

Imagine her walking around in the streets on Sunday with all the chaos happening. :XD:

6. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
  7. tsukiname

tsukiname Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
  8. Ghada Regaieg

Ghada Regaieg Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana (Naachan)
    :ome:Happy Birthday Emichi :ome:

• Like Like x 1
  9. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

She has been one of the star guests of the 'Salón del Manga de Barcelona' and El Periódico (one of the main newspapers here) has interviewed her. For those who doesn't speak Spanish, this is a translation of the interview. It's mostly the Google translation (a good translation, IMHO), I only changed small things that didn't seem to have sense. ;)

https://www.elperiodico.com/es/ocio...aponesa-emika-kamieda-salon-del-manga-7126033

Dad, mom: I want to be 'idol'

The term 'idol' (pronounced like the English word) refers to young multidisciplinary artists (both girls and boys) who enjoy great popularity in Japan. They are part of the Japanese culture and a mass phenomenon whose market moves hundreds of millions of euros. They are idolized by young people and adults, the stars of the moment, what would be for the western a fashionable actor or singer.

The ‘Salon del Manga’ of Barcelona (a manga convention) has incorporated this year the ‘idol’ phenomenon to its program with a luxury guest, the ex-'idol 'Emika Kamieda. This 24-year-old girl joined in 2012 one of the most successful groups in Japan, NMB48 -formed by 42 girls-, and got to participate in some videos of AKB48, the most famous musical group of 'idols'. She decided to leave the group a year ago to focus on her career as an actress.

"An 'idol' is an artist who must know how to sing, act, dance, talk on the radio, take part in the 'handshake' (meeting where fans can say hello and shake hands with the 'idols') ... whose main goal is to help the public to have the strength to go forward the next day, to smile", Kamieda emphasizes to this newspaper. She wanted to be 'idol' since she was a little girl, and her family supported her because it was her dream.

She auditioned to enter AKB48 and she wasn’t accepted, but she was given a recommendation for NMB48. "Thousands of people come in. They are the most successful groups in Japan," she explains. In the audition, the first thing they have to give is a curriculum and photos, both of face and body (the aesthetic component plays a fundamental role). If they are chosen, they will do two more tests: one of singing and another one of dancing.

Success, pressure and departure

After making the cut, they prepared her duting three months, along with the rest of the girls, for the debut. And after this, success. CDs, videos, radio, websites, news, fans, marketing ... "The best thing was that thanks to being in a very compact group, my adolescence was always a joint work, to face the problems all together," she says. The negative part, that her adolescence was very different from that of any other girl, that she spent a lot of time away from home (touring) and that she received a lot of pressure: there are unwritten rules, such as that the members of these groups can not have sentimental relationships to not disappoint the fans. These are the ones who vote for them and decide their popularity, those who buy their products. Whoever sells the most, is the most popular.

She left the group last year and has come to Europe to become an actress. From his position, Kamieda recognizes that the sector has many pros, but also cons; recently, there have been several cases of suicide of 'idols', or girls who aspired to become one, for not reaching the top or for not being allowed to leave the sector. "There are two types of 'idol', those who have national fame, and therefore more pressure, but at the same time are more protected, and the 'underground'. In this last case there are riff-raff producers who play with the dreams of the girls, bordering on harassment. "

Another controversial point is the sexualization of the 'idols': short skirts, poses in a swimsuit, suggestive videos ... "It is a mutually beneficial relationship between fans and 'idols.' The fans, those who support and decide depending on the money they spend buying the products or vote on social networks, they are the ones that decide the members that are above.The 'idols' have to be sold in this way, but we must bear in mind that in Japan there is not a social conception as widespread as here about feminism and machismo, so it does not affect that a girl gets more cute to like a kind of fans more.The monetary power of a 15-year-old boy is not the same as that of a 40-year-old, "she says. . "If I have children and their dream is to become 'idols', I will support them depending on the type of 'idols' they want to be," she adds.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Joshua Ramos

Joshua Ramos Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    Was able to interview Emichi recently and get her thoughts on what is like now being out of NMB48 and into the real world.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ghada Regaieg

Ghada Regaieg Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana (Naachan)
    :ome:Happy Birthday Emichi :ome:

12. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Sorry for being a day late, but happy 25th birthday Emichi!!! :ome::ome::ome::ome::ome:

(I didn't know Emichi's birthday was only one day before Sayanee's birthday... :shock:)

13. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    She has just joined an agency in Japan.

"Former NMB48 Emika Kamieda (25), who is performing arts activities in Spain, announced on the 1st that she belonged to a Japanese performing arts office on her own Twitter.

Ueda reports to the fans, "[Report] I belong to an office called La Central in Spain, but this time I am going to belong to an office called 2PS in Japan." “I will do my best to be able to do a lot in Japan. Thank you!”

https://hochi.news/articles/20191001-OHT1T50156.html

The agency is actually 2ps-twopiece.

Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 4.29.35 PM.png

https://www.2ps-twopeace.com/上枝恵美加/

She also started a YouTube channel.

Ep00: 【Youtubeはじめました!】 ¡Mi primer vídeo de Youtube! (SUB ESPAÑOL & ENGLISH)

I am Emika Kamieda. I used to be an NMB48 idol, but now I live in Spain and I would love to show everyone the good things I have found in here. Food, people, funny moments... A lot! Please, subscribe & follow and let me know what you would like!! Arigatô!!!

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Emichi posted a video a few days ago to promote the KFC Dance Challenge at Manga Barcelona:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Earlier today Emichi took part in a live YouTube broadcast for fellow ex-NMB48 member Hiwaka Ayame's LOVE GET YOU Gravure Idol talk program on Cruise TV:

• Like Like x 2
  16. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 4
  17. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

Emichi's video is interesting, she talks to Konomin about feminism in Japan.
    It is subtitled in English and Spanish.

Special meeting with Konomi Kusaka (also former NMB48) tot talk about something that bothered her. We try to give some ideas regarding social norms that are related to feminism and compare some situations from Japan and Spain (We hope we can work on it in a mor deep way). Any comments and thoughts are welcome!

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  18. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Another interview with the Slope Club boys

19. JoshBox

JoshBox Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    mrjoshbox
    We were able to play some games with Emika. It is a similar game to Pictionary so it tests her drawing abilities and English.

20. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Alien game with the Slope Club boys!