Kato Rena (Renacchi) / 10th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Naomi, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Mushi

Mushi Kenkyuusei

Re: Kato Rena / Team 4

Whoa... people actually associate me with Renacchi? :cute:

Sorry for not being around... I have a tendency to fade in and out of forum participation. That doesn't mean I'm not thinking about her.

I have been working on my card collection. :)

[​IMG]

That video was sweet. She went back to the single ponytail on the side of her head. I highly approve!

Acchi? Kocchi? Renacchi!! :inlove:

2. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

Who's gonna vote for her? I predict that there'll be about 10 to 15 girls from AKB who do not rank and I will seriously BAWL if she doesn't rank.

WHOEVER VOTES FOR GETS TO BE MY BFF!

3. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik

One thing... expect 20 to not rank, if you mean just team girls. Lots of SKE, some NMB, few KKS - such mix will take over most of lower half of results.

Poor Mushi, forced to always be here to promote oshi [hehe]

Edit: "Boyfriend Forever"? You just discouraged me heavily.

4. Mushi

Mushi Kenkyuusei

Meeeee!!! [​IMG]

'Tis a labor of love. :)

[​IMG]

Poetry in motion. :inlove:

5. willdo

willdo Kenkyuusei

Yep, i ajusted my voting programm to include Renacchi [rock] because
    ^ she deserves it :cute:

6. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd

Yay! Mushi is back [party]
    There's been a serious lack of Renacchi around these parts whilst you've been away.
    I can't even remember the last time I saw a Renacchi blog/google+ pic :cry:

7. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919

Divinity, Mushi. Divinity. ;)

8. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

LOL. BEST FRIEND FOREVER. HAHA.

And I meant like 10-15 team girls from AKB. I think it'll probably be like 5 SKE, 3 NMB, 1 HKT, and 1 Kenkyusei ranking IDK tbh.

OK GREAT SINCE THERE'S SOME RENACCHI LOVE HERE I SHALL GIVE HER MY VOTE TOO!

9. Mushi

Mushi Kenkyuusei

Ahahaha... Indeed. Let us all pay tribute to the youthful and vibrant feminine beauty of Renacchi. :worthy:

Latest from her at G+.

[​IMG]

I think that is an amazingly significant photo. She's showing her teeth while smiling in a "self-portrait."

How many of you are aware of the cultural differences of just what a smile really means. The Japanese will often smile as an expression of shame or embarrassment because they are so protective of their negative feelings.

I remember watching a youtube vid of some Japanese office workers who were getting training on how to relate to western customers better. They actually had to practice smiling. For one man, it was so awkward for him that he looked like he was in pain when he attempted to do something as simple as make a natural smile.

I have been wondering if this cultural influence, perhaps local or family upbringing, has had an impact on Renacchi in some way... that she needs to be restrained with her expressions. Yes, she has a nice toothy smile in her promotional pictures, but if you go back and look at all of the previous pictures she has taken of herself, she always has a closed-lip expression of some kind.

This may seem like an exaggeration or silliness on my part, but I'm excited to see her loosen up a little and drop that inhibition to allow her natural self to show through.

10. willdo

willdo Kenkyuusei

I'm not sure about the significance of this pic in particular but from what i've seen she does seem to come out of her shell little by little, looking forward to her progess :cute:

11. Mushi

Mushi Kenkyuusei

It's just a personal observation. To me there's a difference between the "idol" who does live performances and professional photo shoots, and the "girl" who takes cellphone pics of herself, paints little hearts on them, and sticks them on her blog.

Those blog pictures are little peeks behind the scenes, that she voluntarily offers, that carry a much more intimate feeling. She has such a beautiful smile, so it puzzled me why she didn't let that smile out more in those images. I couldn't help but wonder, because it is a more personal medium, if it wasn't some kind of cultural constraint that she felt obligated to maintain.

I've looked at every image of her I can find and I know the kind of expressions she usually has in those personal snapshots. So when I saw that latest one and saw that lovely, natural, casual, full smile, it really caught my attention. It gives me the impression that there is something there we've yet to see, that she does have something of a shell that she is beginning to emerge from, and that one day... she will be truly amazing. [rock]

12. willdo

willdo Kenkyuusei

13. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik

This is from the series of "no makeup" photos?

I bumped her to my senbatsu today :fear:

14. willdo

willdo Kenkyuusei

^I was wondering that myself, Rena never looks like she puts on much make up (well she only 14 after all...) but i'm not sure, she's so pretty it's hard to believe...
    nice!

15. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

she is such a natural beauty, I think she actually looks much better with less make up. but then again it could be cause she's really young and her skin's still in good condition. can't wait for her to turn 16 so that I can tell everyone 'Itold you so!' when they finally discover her beauty.

16. Mushi

Mushi Kenkyuusei

OMG.... That goes beyond cute.

That...

is...

simply....

stunning! [​IMG]

Sometimes the eyes smile more than the mouth.

And...

Imagine my surprise when I got my Sounds Good! CD.

[​IMG]

17. willdo

willdo Kenkyuusei

So Renacchi is not ranking in the prelims... :( I guess it's to be expected but i was hoping for something even if only in the lower rankings.
    well, i didn't vote yet so, there's 2 to come, (i know it's pathetic to think that 2 votes will turn things around but..it helps right?

18. Mushi

Mushi Kenkyuusei

That is sad news. I was hoping for at least a low level ranking, too. :cry:

Oh well, doesn't change my feelings about her. She's young and still has her best years ahead of her.

Oh, and I forgot to add a scan of the card I got.

[​IMG]

19. prataz

prataz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika

I spared one vote for her. Couldn't resist her eyes and charm =/

20. Mushi

Mushi Kenkyuusei

The universe smiles upon those who follow their hearts.

May your hearts continue along the path that leads to the beauty of Renacchi. ;)