1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Kawaiian TV - NMB48

Discussion in 'NMB48 News & Releases' started by Smilodon, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Smilodon

Smilodon Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    The aforementioned mystery press conference was for the announcement of a new cable TV channel on BS Skapaa!.

[​IMG]

Translated Oricon article below:

Yoshimoto Kogyo, in a press conference within the city on the 10th, announced that its new idol focused cable TV channel "Kawaiian TV" would begin broadcasting December 1st. In addition to the Skapaa! Premium Service, it is also planned to be broadcast on a variety of media platforms such as the respective show's smartphone application, Niconico Douga and Gyao! simultaneously. Based on the concept of "Showing too many idols", the channel will air idols 24 hours a day. Not only intending to show viewers when idols are 'on' the channel intends to show the 'off' parts of idols as well, preparing a variety of programs in the process.

Beginning with NMB48's Yamamoto Sayaka, the '1 in 1000 year talent' Hashimoto Kanna of Rev. from DVL, GALETTe, SO.ON Project and Through Skills, a total of 5 idol groups attended the press conference. At the conference, a daily live show called 'Kawaiian Kurabii" was announced with each of the idol groups handling MC duties on each weekday. Yamamoto showed her fierce competitiveness by stating, "It is a warring states period for idols right now, and we intend to give it our all in order to not lose to other idols."

The program also intends to use the channel to create their own idol known as the "THE Kawaiian", opening auditions for the 'The Kawaiian GRAND PRIX'. The selected idol will debut from a major label, hold their own regular spot on a TV show, have a debut live at the Okinawa International Film Festival, and appear on magazine covers. In addition to that, the channel plans to have unprecedented idol projects such as "Yankee idols" and "Planning to Marry Idols", with auditions even held in other Asian countries.

Yoshimoto Kogyo also intends to focus on Okinawa, an area of focus for them in the past through other entertainment ventures, with a 5 hour live on the day the channel begins broadcasting from Okinawa's Ginowan Beach Park as well as establishing a base of operations where the channel could feature local idols and search for new talent with shows like "Chura Kawaiian". Managing Director Nakai Hidenori declared, "Beginning with Okinawa, we intend to branch out to Asia and the world."

On this day Shiroma Miru and Yagura Fuuko appeared from NMB48, Akiyama Miho, Hashimoto Yukina and Shinomiya Nagisa from Rev.~, alongside GALETTe (Shishima Saki, Komori Yui, Nonoko, Hosaka Ayano), SO.ON Project (Maeda Misaki, Kurio Rika, Kawasaki Reina) and Through Skills (Mizuki Akari, Nishio Mau, Sato Momoka, Shiina Atsumi Nemoto Ui). Peace's Ayabe Yuji and Takeuchi Yukiko MC'd the press announcement.

Source: http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2044297/full/?ref_cd=tw
    Official Site: http://www.kawaiian.tv/

Footage of the Press Announcement:

if the video does not show watch the video here

NMB48 is also scheduled to have a new show as well, titled "NMB48's Idol Rashikunai", airing Mondays from 20:00 ~20:30.

Show Synopisis: Ever since their debut, NMB48 has been storming the idol scene. Though they have entered the group of top idols now, there are rumors that they have some 'un top idol-like' tendencies. This program will examine those 'rashikunai' (unlikely, uncharacteristic) tendencies and seek out "NMB-ness".

----

A lot to take in one sitting, but it seems like Yoshimoto has begun to actively utilize NMB and their fans to push the envelope in their entertainment ventures as they move deeper and deeper into the idol and music industry. I'm wary of the other things the show intends to do and how much the show is capable of, but we all kinda underestimated YNN so I can only hope the NMB portions are good and it seems like great news for fans of groups like Rev, GALETTe, etc.

Oh and NMB has Tuesday on that daily thing.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  2. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I just hope this doesn't eat into YNN's quality since the YNN staff are also Yoshimoto staff and they might transfer some of their plans and stuff from YNN onto here.

Also, why the heck does it have to Skapa Premium ;_;

3. Drunners

Drunners Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    joeriko
    looks interresting!
    anyone with a bit more Japanese language comprehension than me able to tell if there is a way for people outside Japan to get access to this channel?
    or to YNN for that matter? :D

4. tonylow

tonylow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    You can watch them but you would need to buy the monthly subscription to both YNN and BS Skapaa!(I think). First you will need to get a VPN and if you use chrome just download Hola extension and that will get you the VPN.

5. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    You can't get BS Skapa overseas since that's a satellite channel. Its also premium only. They are, however, also doing a net simulcast so you get whatever internet service they're going to air Kawaiian on if you have a VPN.

6. brunoiaz

brunoiaz Kenkyuusei

This looks nice! And SO.ON project is there, oh my god :^O^: (And GALETTe!)

7. bustergol

bustergol Kenkyuusei

seriously, hashikanna wore a high heels yet she still have same height as fuuko...
    so much for "1000 years talent"...

8. Smilodon

Smilodon Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Some interesting updates, as December looks to get pretty busy with all the new Kawaiian TV stuff which Yoshimoto (and I guess, Sony, DWANGO and the other companies that make up their jointly managed MCIP in general) are really putting some strength into.

The members for their 12/1 performance consists of the following:
    Yamamoto, Watanabe, Shiroma, Yagura, Yabushita, Shibuya, Jonishi, Yoshida, Kotani, Ota, Nishimura, Kushiro, Kinoshita M, Kadowaki, Murase, Kato.

Concurrently with that Niconico will be broadcasting an online show for the idols featuring Rikanyan, Naiki and Yamarina from NMB, where they will be once again. They'll be with other idols this time around like Rev members, so that'll be interesting.

They're also having another performance on 12/6 (and I'm thinking they might be regularly having performances on Sat/Sun) at Studio Alta in Tokyo, where Waratte Iitomo was broadcasted from. They're only scheduled for this date, and the rest are filled up with other idol groups. Getting to perform smack dab in the middle of Tokyo is nice for all these idol groups.

http://www.kawaiian.tv/program/live/index.html

And some promotion from Keiichi, Uuka and Yuuri, as they held a mini-handshake event and held a talk show there.

http://www.ent-mabui.jp/news/4563

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2017
  9. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

Keicchi, Uuka, Yuuri?

Jonishi Highway, joooooooooe, zeroshiki?

Wait, joooooooooe likes Aika best? Does he like Uuka too? (I'm trying so hard to force this)

10. dangnhutun

dangnhutun Kenkyuusei

Honestly, I wanted this channel to success. Because at least, it'll open up more works as a host or an MC for whatever show it could have later. And who could be more perfect for those position on a Kawaii TV than some ex-idol.

I found it a chance for a proper job in the entertainment industry after a graduation =))))

That's just my hopeful thought though :p

11. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    http://news.nmb48.com/etc/20141202/232633.html

new nmb show "NMB48 idol rashikunai" on kawaiian TV, a member will hold a discussion panel. airs every monday starting on the 8th.

1st 3 members are kinoshita momoka, kadowaki kanako, and tanigawa airi.

the link at the bottom is for applying to be an audience member but I don't know where it is.

12. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    I like that it's filmed like YNN and that you can hear the crew laughing in the background.
    The Riichan/Rika/Yuipon combi too strong, they didn't even make it through the intro's before they were making fun of each other.

13. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

So apparently Kawaiian TV had another bimonthly NMB48 show called "You gotta NMB48"

http://kawaiian.tv/program/ygn48/

It already run for 5 episode, with 1st episode airing on 2015/10/08 featuring Ueda Mirei, Ijiri Anna, Kurokawa Hazuki, Ishida Yuumi, Hayashi Momoka, and Naiki Kokoro.

p.s. should i make a new thread for this show?

14. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    I think it's fine here since it's Kawaiian, but I'm not the person to make that decision.

It's really good though. I've enjoyed it a lot. Can be a little mean with the games, but it's a great outlet for members who aren't going to be regulars on Manabukun to get some variety reps. Sararan has been great in her appearances and Aika...was not lol. But it's great because it's easy to follow and is sure to make you laugh.

15. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Indeed, and I liked the audience interaction, the impromptu joke, and how low budget the show is:lol:

I mean, first episode, first 10 mins, first answer from Haako, and you already hear tsukkomi from audience that you won't experience in studio recording:rofl:

"...Omoshiroooooii...":rofl:

EDIT: And good things there's MC assistant role that rotated between girls. We wouldn't know who will get another own show like Nana.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  16. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  17. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

The NMB content are so much I can't follow it all nowadays.

18. Damasu

Damasu Kenkyuusei

19. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

20. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    And here i realise that NMB48 have more shows than I thought.
    So which ones are going to end with Kawaiian TV ?