1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Keyakizaka46 2nd [Sekai ni wa Ai shika nai] (2016/08/10)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Oh my gosh the hype is real. <3 after the brilliance of the first single I am so ready for this.

If I am honest with myself, I don't think they'll change the center. Not this early on. Or the current arrangement either. It worked well in the first single, and you want some sort of consistency in the first few singles. For this, I cite the general center history of 46/48G which shows that: Nogi didn't change center until the 6th single; HKT have remained relatively stable since their formation and over seven singles, and kept the same centers for the first 3 singles; SKE have only deviated once in 19 singles, and that wasn't until their 16th single!
    Basically... if there is a new center... I will be seriously shocked. Awed. Wowed. But I don't think there will be.

2. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

No freaking way.
    It's time to start the drama.

I can even see Neru staying in KanaKeyaki for another single (centering their song, of course) to add to the missing bus narrative.

Tecchi for center is an (almost) given.

3. Midsummer Rain

Midsummer Rain Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Risa
    Agree. I think they will change the position some other girls, though.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  4. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Kawaki Otsutsuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    i have to be honest here and say anything after silent majority is going to be a tough act to follow because the song was such a hitmaker.as far as center goes i hope hirate gets another crack don't see why not and i would love to see uemura go to the 2nd row.

5. applehime

applehime Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    inouesayuri
    ah, you're right. maybe they will change the senbatsu formation in 3rd single

6. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

Hirate must be the center (imo).
    and i say this picture? maybe the senbatsu formation?
    topslide-dorama_0524.jpg

7. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    that's likely, I think. looking at it, it actually looks suspiciously like a senbatsu formation, with a definite center and all.

8. hart123

hart123 Member Stage48 Donor

Well, it's look like Aki-p on his 755 talk about the pressure for next single.
    Someone with fluent japanese maybe can translate this

9. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    We already discussed it but no prob.

10. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Kawaki Otsutsuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    kinda what i mentioned a few posts back.all on the people who produce the song.they'll determine if it's good or not

11. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I just read some speculation that the senbatsu should be announced on the Sunday after next (June 19), or perhaps the Sunday after that (26 June) on the KeyaKake TV show.

I like that timeline. Nogizaka just announced their senbatsu on Sunday (5 June), with the single due out 27 July. Since the Keyaki single comes out two weeks after the Nogi one, on 10 August, that means the Keyaki senbatsu should be announced two weeks later, on 19 June.

For SaiMajo, however, the senbatsu was announced on 28 February and the single came out on 6 April. That was only a little over five weeks, whereas this time the gap would be a little over seven weeks. But I remember the choreographer saying that they had to get the MV ready in a great rush; so more time is better.

By the way, the announcement of the senbatsu on the Nogizaka Under Construction TV show on Sunday night was pretty wonderful. Ikoma Rina and Hoshino Minami in the back row? Ikoma-chan took it well, and Hoshimina's smile and determination were thrilling. And then Saitou Asuka at centre! She was pouring tears, worried that if the song didn't do well, it would be all her fault. I'll tell you, I don't want to see the Keyaki-chans put through that wringer just yet. Let's stay with the full formation.

Techi at centre is a given, I think. Especially after her amazing gravure today and the wonderful interview that went with it, where she seemed natural and open, young and mature at the same time. On Saturday's Shibuya Nooto appearance, where Yukka let slip that their boss Konno-san had given them their intro (the one where they salute and cock their heads at the end), Techi tried to clean up after Yukka by saying they were involved in developing it. In a separate interview on that show, the oldest member, Berika, was asked what impression Techi gave her. "Like an adult," she replied. I think Techi's ability to stay right in tune when she's singing still needs work, but everything else about her, especially including her dancing (on SaiMajo and Nori Okureta Basu, and particularly on Yamanotesen) is fabulous.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  12. Faint

Faint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gabrielamargarethwarouw
    arglbargl. i don't like Hirate's image. and that's the only reason i don't want her to be center. i know i know, she's talented and everything and i'm not saying she SHOULDN'T be center. i just hope that if there's a Hirate solo cover again it will be a better picture than the last one. she looked like moaning myrtle.

13. Midsummer Rain

Midsummer Rain Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Risa
    That's so mean, but LOL at Moaning Myrtle.

14. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Knowing aki-p, Keyaki's next single is going to be Silent Majority 2.0, and i really hope it isn't

15. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Yay new single! I think this was expected because of the new drama?

16. Esky

Esky Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanaberisa
    As the song is the theme song of the drama it is probably be written to fit in with the mood of the drama. The drama seems to be a mystery/dark comedy, not sure what that means in music terms, but maybe something fast paced and quirky.

It may not mean anything, but no 2nd gen members are listed as participating in these handshake events for the second single -> https://fortunemusic.jp/keyakizaka46_201608/

17. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

While I think there's no way they can capture the public like they did with silent majority, I am hoping for a good song. Also hoping for a Hirate center, and hoping she stays the keyaki ace for the future. Like Acchan, nobody can even come close to her as the top candidate

18. oji-sama

oji-sama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuranoonarumi
    Just out of curiosity, what makes you say that? Not to offend Hiratechi, but anyone who centered this single could be as well known as Hiratechi IMO. Keyakizaka is concentrated with amazing personalities and looks. Sugai-sama, for example, has been similar to Nishino Nanase before she became center; extremely popular with fans, not well recognized by the public. It was centering that gave Nanase the public recognition that she has today, and Sugai could achieve the same feat.

Either way, I definitely agree that Hirate should at least center this next single, but after that I would like it if management gave other members the same opportunity.

19. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I can't speak for kyoto48☀︎☂, but I have opinions on the matter myself. I love Sugai-sama, but her dancing is nowhere near the sharp elegance of Techi's. Techi and Suzumoto are the only ones I see at that level in Keyakizaka. Fuu-chan and Nijika are regarded as dance captains by the other members, but their movements are vague and yet overdone, compared to the top two, at least to my eye. I think Yui-pon is coming close.

Yui-pon and Zuumin are two possible centers, for me, at some point. They can clearly both sing, and sing closer to the right pitch than Techi. But Techi is very expressive. And her youth makes her seem like a prodigy, since she can do most things better than all the older girls. That's good publicity, especially for younger and older audiences. But her youth is just icing on the cake for me. I simply have confidence in her to do just about anything, and I think the other members do, too, ambitious as they may be for themselves.

As for ability to deal with the media, Sugai-sama is a wonderful spokesman, with her upper-crust elegant ways, but I keep seeing her make ponkotsu little errors (like naming their main manager as having invented the greeting salute). I think Techi is basically smarter, in a word. As for beauty, Sugai-sama is tops for me, along with Miyu-chan. But Miyu-chan, although she is supposed to be a good singer (I can't tell) doesn't seem comfortable as a spokesman. And I wouldn't trust Akanen to say the right things, ready as she is to speak.

Manaka has said she doesn't want to be in the front line until she is sure she won't screw things up (she's probably thinking of singing and dancing as much as speaking). That makes sense to me for a number of members.

As for your suggestion that anyone who centered SaiMajo could be as well known as Techi, all I can say is that I can't agree. I think her intensity adds a lot to the video, and may even have been the factor that put the single over the top. And I feel that her determination and hard work have driven the group forward. But I'm still open to switching centres at some point, even for the third single, if the song is right...once Techi has helped establish the group, lol.

Sorry to talk so much.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  20. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    I agree with you! Hirate is not even my favorite of the group, and I don't even think she's in my top five members (though I do like her a lot), but I think that she's got a good face and attitude for the public. I think that her cool, boyish but feminine image really works for the concept the group is going for (I think they said British mod) and I think that having a recognizable face is a really good thing for the group this early in their career.

one of the frustrations I have with AKB right now is that, after the old kami 7 left, they switched up their center and front formation members so often that I don't think the public has anyone to gravitate to, and this constant turnover (in my opinion) takes away from the aesthetic of the group. I don't mind if they change the center for their singles in the future, but I hope they give enough time between then so the personalities and potentials of the other girls can mature a bit first. I also hope that, even if the center changes, there are a few constant members in the front formation.

I see quite a few of the girls talking (or actively doing) lately about changing up their looks and or cultivating a particular persona for themselves as idols, and I think this is a sign that the girls are conscious of the need to improve themselves in order to fit the group.

P.S: please don't apologize for talking so much, we all appreciate the depth (and regularity) of your contributions!