1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Keyakizaka46 9th / Last Single [Dare ga Sono Kane wo Narasu no ka?] (2020/08/21)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by minaeshi, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Runrun is indeed a special case. Being on the "petite" side of human dimensions myself, I have a special taste for small-sized people, especially women. However, I am not fanatic with my Oshis as I enjoy and support ALL girls from all gens as equal.

Unlike 1gen where my Oshi selection hit me like truck when I saw a Keyakizaka46 MV at the 4:34 minute of the video (just a glimpse of Fuu-chan) and Keyakitte-Kakenai Ep.1 where Fuu finally got my heart for ever, 2gen (as well as Hinatazaka46) Oshis were imposed by size coupled with energy and explosiveness. So there you are: Hikaru the tiny drummer and Mei-mei-chan the perky 5-year-old-super-athlete-acrobat-arm-wrestler-TNT-in-a-bottle.

As Fuu-chan is in the depths-and-shadows of the background and Mei-mei is keeping a low profile (although she is doing fine where dancing-rows are concerned), with Runrun I am blessed to see one of my oshis almost constantly standing out. And I'm so proud of her!

P.S. One thing about Pon... I have never admitted that so far and therefore I was keeping a low profile as I see Pon has A LOT of fans, but at that live Pon convinced me that SHE DESERVES do be a top selection for centering many songs. Maybe it's the way she has matured (so nicely), and her new hairstyle (OMG long hair on one-side of the face) but she was truly awesome!

2. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

I love PonPon a lot, but I feel there is still something missing there for a full, true center. I can't help but compare all centers -of any female idol group- to Acchan, the gold standard for a center (the visuals, the performance, the "bringing-the-group-together" factor, and finally, the aura). Then again, maybe Maeda raised the bar too high.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Now that I've gotten to see more than one performance I really really like the choreography for this song. There's a lot going on and it can look messy at time (and that could be intentional), but the women of Keya really killed this one. Certain parts (like when they question God's existence) are really handled well in the dance.

They usually have such expressive dances so I didn't think anything less would happen, but honestly the camera work needs to be better lol.

4. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I think it's a common knowledge by now, and it may have been already said here, but Dare Ga choreo is made by parts of previous choreos... like a Keyaki journey from start to end

5. hibana

hibana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Tamura Hono
    hard pill to swallow for some but pon centered the best glass wo ware performance to date last thursday
    if she showed anything was that she is a more than capable center

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    oh is it? I didn't realize that tbh. Well, that might explain why it looks a little off at times. Berryz Kobo did that once for their final single I believe where they incorporated many of their previous dances to the choreo and I just thought it looked sloppy lol.

• Like Like x 1
  7. keyak

keyak Upcoming Girls

Dare ga was just played on Yuuka's radio show Recomen!

if the video does not show watch the video here

Love it the more I hear it. I also think Yuuka confirmed that the song has no center, but don't quote me on that.

• Like Like x 4
  8. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    I have mixed feelings. Tokyo tower is one of my favorite Keyaki songs and I enjoy when it's performed precisely because there is no center and everyone has a chance to shine (Fuu-chan in particularly is very cool). However, at the same time this really confirms the notion that no one but Techi can center a Keyakizaka46 A-side.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I’ll take it positively for myself and think everyone is ringing the bell together (as the lyrics suggests). Not everyone is going to buy that, yet what can we do. Yuuka-Nen-Pon-Risa are still very prominent in the front though. Is this the first Sakamichi (or even 48G) A-side to not have a center?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  10. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Ring the bell... I wish I've never heard that Disco's "Ring my bell" song......:eek:

11. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I think this is the first time mngmnt didn't have Techi in mind when deciding it's a song without center.
    The way it had been performed and the decision to make it our last single made it be a everyone-center-song. In both cases I think it's a first for any 48 and Sakamichi group.
    Another notch on Keyaki's memory wall.

And I too, like many others, love this song more and more everytime I listen to it.

12. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    Epic, sadly last, song:cold:<3<3<3

13. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I’m going to copy paste TMI’s translation of Yuuka Rekomen here (parts that are relevant to the song):
    The last part also confirm Darekane is a full senbatsu?

14. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    After what we've seen recently, a "no center" or a "multi-face center" is the best option for our group. The unique and different personalities of our girls as well as their richness in expression and variability in capabilities are unique in the idol world. Keyakizaka46 is evolving to become the only group that invalidates the notion of a center after having passed through the crucible of the perma-center concept.

So, any thoughts from the part of management to plan all future songs and performances on the concept of no or multi-face center is the best from now on.

And yes, Dare ga... has become my personal favorite as well. I haven't checked a translation of its lyrics so far, and that's good, as what I feel about it is just the way it speaks to my heart and mind: It's an amazing song, not at all black/dark but with a melancholy that permeates its development from start to end and an ethereal chorus that resonates in the minds of the listener long after the song ends. It is a strong song, coupled with active but not frenzied choreo allowing the girls to create a 3d moving imagery on scene. It uses fast and slow rhythmic and vocal parts adding richness and expressiveness. Overall it is a grandiose piece of music implying optimism and leaves the listener somewhat elevated.

P.S. When the heavy electric guitar part was used for that (haunting) closing scene when the huge door with the Keyaki triangle was closing down and the spinning lights were adding more drama to it, it did crossed my mind that this guitar part could be an excellent new overture for the next new group performances.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    Out of Pon's perfomances, yes.
    As a Techi fundamentalist, I shall say Keyaki Republic 2018 was probably the best one. Techi really brought out her gang leader persona that time. Ill-tempered, bossy, cocky, nihilistic, stubborn. The way I see it, she perfectly captured the "feel" of the song.
    Not hating on Kobayashi or anything, but for the most part she just looked angry and frustrated. You have to have that certain "Bring it on, I'm gonna fuck you up anyway" attitude to make it truly work. Technically speaking, Pon is good, but she's just not as expressive in comparison.
    Koike's Ambivalent, on the other hand. That was something else. Definitely stood well on its own.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    ^I mean, if the only chance you've ever gotten in your idol career to be the center of the group, comes around when the perma-center leaves and they decide to completely re-brand, (news that you and your fellow members were just about to announce right after that performance with you in said center), you would feel angry and frustrated too lol

considering the circumstances of that performance, i really do think that was Pon's best performance yet, second only to the Dare Ka performance straight after the announcement. Definitely the best Garasu performance in general.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  17. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    I completely agree, and this is coming from someone who wasn't a fan of Pon as a center before. She killed Garasu. I wish she performed like that at Kohaku.

18. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Agree which is why I read it as "Who Tolls the Bell" ring and toll have the same meaning in English when it comes to bells and using toll it reminds me of the John Donne poem which is quite fitting all thing considered.
    For Whom the Bell Tolls
    by
    John Donne

No man is an island,
    Entire of itself.
    Each is a piece of the continent,
    A part of the main.
    If a clod be washed away by the sea,
    Europe is the less.
    As well as if a promontory were.
    As well as if a manor of thine own
    Or of thine friend's were.
    Each man's death diminishes me,
    For I am involved in mankind.
    Therefore, send not to know
    For whom the bell tolls,
    It tolls for thee.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    So I guessed right, there's no center in this song, just a focus on the four we all saw. Honestly I don't this should be considered the first A-side without a center because this is not a regular release.
    It's pretty similar to Morning Musume digital singles which are not counted as part of the regular singles. So once again, I say I think that "9th" shouldn't be in the tittle of this thread because this single isn't really the 9th. But that up to the person who created the thread, I guess.
    Anyway I think it's better to like this, no center, no pressure, they just want to enjoy their last days as Keyaki so let them be. It's the best decision I've seen coming from Keyaki in a very long time, so I'm happy.

20. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    ^majority of the discussion on this thread was speculation about the announced 9th single, so even though this is now their last single (assuming this isn't what the 9th single would have been, and that they created a whole new song for it... which i doubt) and they haven't referred to it as 9th yet, i'm still going to keep the '9th' in the title. especially because, as we've seen, a lot of keyaki fans here took a break from s48 back when keyaki was also pretty much on hiatus, and came back shocked at the name change news, so it would also be confusing for them to see the 9th thread disappear and a 'last single' in place of it. keeping it there lets them quickly read up on what they missed.

• Like Like x 1