1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kubo Shiori (Kubochan) / 3rd Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Members' started by kanjo, Oct 12, 2016.

1. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    at least management knew that they could not afford to ruin the performace by using a pushed member that couldnot sing properly. management definitely approved kubo talent in singing(we can see how she has been participating in many special occasions in the compilation above) and im glad they put her as one of the core member for 3rd gen. the only underappreciated singer is our rotti..

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

I'm gonna use the angel vs devil (sort of) Skit of 4th gen because I have several theories jumbled inside my brain.

Devil : Obviously, they will utilize Kubo to the max but don't expect something grand in return. That's her job as an idol. They tell her to do something, she'll do it. Even if she slide back and fort 2nd/3rd row. At least she's Senbatsu, something to be happy about.

Angel inside the devil : Even if the push is not comparable yet with her peers, she will continue her steady rise. Senpai are graduating one after the other so there's no other way but up. But of course she'll make way for some of her kouhai too. I'm sure she wouldn't mind it. She's a nice girl afte all and she looks happy anyway and very supportive of other members so why ask for more.

Devil inside angel : She has proven herself several time already. A capable member that will always rise to the occassion. Needless to say, she's the type that will always give her best and with her new positive outlook, there's nothing she can't accomplish. She will take on all challenges head on. It's amazing to see her give such incredible performances. Woundn't it be nice for her to find bigger success outside Nogizaka?
    She's still in a good position with this group. Just take it easy and keep expectations low.

Angel : She is peaking just in the right moment. Putting everything in consideration, what she's been through in '18 to her comeback in '19 until now. If you think about it, she hasn't really started yet. In this idol industry, some gets the spotlight immediately, some takes longer time. In a way you can say it's not fair how they treat some members. But in a group of more than 40 members, it can't be helped. It's a hit or miss situation most of the time. A gamble, putting a bet on someone you think could take the burden of carrying the whole group on her shoulder. She still have time on her side. She always show good attitude and her dedication to her work cannot be questioned. The future is bright for her and she might just receive one of the best gift any idol could ask for very soon. Whatever that is. Whatever makes her happy.

Me : Personally I'm happy for Kubo. I wish her all the best for this brand new year of her life and more in the future. They take on the same journey, different pace, destination - only time can tell.

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. Jatuh

Jatuh Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    As first I am a bit worried about kubo having to sub for ikuchan at the very last time but now I just felt that our girl has grown further than I expected.
    Tbh right now I even don't care that much about what position the management will put her in the formation. Her stage is way much bigger outside of nogi and management seems to be pretty careful about selecting the jobs for her and giving her opportunities to practice her skills so I don't think that is much to worry.
    But potential and talent are nothing until they shine and I hope we don't need to wait long to witness the miracle she could bring to us.

4. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Thank you for the discourse, guys. Pretty much everyone here shares positive opinions and supports Kubochan, it has been an eye opener. What we can do is be patient and watch over her like always. Thanks.

An update, today July 21st Manatsu and Kubochan attended a study meeting event organized by Ministry of Health, Labour, & Welfare "Know, Hepatitis Project Meeting 2020" as youth representatives.
    -AKB48 Mukaichi Mion & Yokoyama Yui Hepatitis counter-measure proposal, Nogizaka46 Akimoto Manatsu & Kubo Shiori's will to spread information-
    https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2167461/full/
    2167461_202007210095308001595316671c.jpg 2167461_202007210101808001595316671c.jpg EdcGoBhUEAEibGP.jpg

if the video does not show watch the video here

Note: Interesting line up, isn't it?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

Captains? Haha
    Based on their MC jobs and such , Mgt is weighing on Kubo and Ume as Future Captain

6. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Well it's a continuation 'push' from her sudden appearance last week, isn't? :corr:

7. Jatuh

Jatuh Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    Well the poster of this event is taken months ago..

8. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Oh, i don't know that.

9. hibari

hibari Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ashuminamiona, momoko, kakki
    imho, i dont think Ume can be captain. i think she most suitable to be like maiyan

• Like Like x 1
  10. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
  11. Jatuh

Jatuh Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    yama is the guest for the next linelive
    man it's been so long:omfg:

12. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Missed NHK Shibuya Note performance of Nandome but made it during Sekai. Well for sure both performances will pop out somewhere.
    Screencap of Kubo and Ume starting the 2nd haft of the song
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  13. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Another video from the hepatitis event

14. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika

Kuboshita! Watch it while you can. Then get me some subs!

• Like Like x 3
  15. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    kubo is sure laughing a lot in the line live..love seeing her having so much fun. she seems so good at talking. definitely management going to see her as one of candidate for captain..so i think we will not see mega pushed for her(centering many singles, get few main role in drama/movie). i hope i am wrong though.

16. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Kubo appeared on Kanarin's Mahjong show. And, she got punished by saying one mousou word/sentence. But, they have to cut it, because it is too much for her (or NG as Nogizaka member). She did it, though, and after that, her face turned soo red. Now, I wonder what kind of sentence she said?!:corr:

17. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Kubo's "Hai" at the end of her monomane segment in Koujichuu this week was so cute!:inlove:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  18. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

• Like Like x 3
  19. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Kubochan and Rikachan remote interview from ENTAME Sep-Oct edition
    006z6nxLgy1gh8aqissnoj30u016gqvm.jpg 006z6nxLgy1gh8aqhtf0yj30u016g7wx.jpg
    I decided to translate this interview because there's a new information that is disclosed for the first time ever here. A wonderful one.
    Nogizaka46 3rd gen x 4th gen Cross Interview
    The burning souls born in Tohoku

With the addition of Satou Rika to the 4th generation, now there is one member from Tohoku in each generation. Together with Kubo Shiori, we talk about strong hearted Tohoku's soul.

Kubochan cried! A 'secret story' Rikachan unveiled for the first time in this magazine

An over 4 years confession from Satou to Kubo...

ーFor Satou-san, what is the common point between the members from Tohoku; Ikoma Rina-san who already graduated, 2nd gen's Suzuki Ayane, and Kubo-san?

Satou
    Although they emit gentle atmosphere, you can feel the strength of their hearts. You can feel their passion from the words they said during interview.

ーYou appeared for the first time together in "Sekaijuu no Rinjin yo" MV with Ikoma-san who already graduated.

Satou
    I never thought I could appear together with great senior who built Nogizaka46. I was shocked by Ikoma-san who danced at center position of 'Seifuku no Mannequin', and I fell in love with Nogizaka46.

ーKubo-san, what is your impression of Ikoma-san?

Kubo
    Looking at Ikoma-san's facial expression, I remember the days of 'Synchronicity'. I was awestruck by the dignified Ikoma-san who danced next to me, and I was happy when she said 'Even though we are separated, I'm still Nogizaka46', the first thing I feel now is 'I want to meet you' (laughs)

ーIn February this year, Satou-san from Iwate joined Nogizaka46 as a new 4th gen member.

Kubo
    Up until now there's always a member who comes from Tohoku in each generations, but since there's none in 4th gen it feels a bit lonely. So I am really happy when Rikachan joined. Some time ago, when I contacted her, I received a serious reply. She looks quiet, but she's a girl with strong heart.

ーWhen did Kubo-san call you?

Satou
    At Nogizaka 46 Hours TV that was held from June 19th, I made a mistake during the live before the end. When I apologized to manager, I was taken to 3rd gen members. The seniors all comforted and encouraged me. But I'm someone who isn't easy to let go, so my heart was still aching even after I got home... I went outside to calm myself down, that's when I received a call from Kubo-san.

Kubo
    There was a period when you don't directly work with seniors even after joining, and suddenly you get to work together (in event). The new 4th gens, are just the same as 3rd gens back then. For 3rd gens, it was 'Midsummer National Tour 2017', where I made a bit of mistake during rehearsal. When I saw Rika at 'Nogizaka 46 Hours TV', I remembered myself at that time, and contacted her.

Satou
    Receiving such warm words from Kubo-san changed my mind, 'I want to continue to grow'.

ーWhat kind of impression does Satou-san have on Kubo-san?

Satou
    Her beautiful, polite, and humble words in her blogs support me. She's been told a lot that she's 'negative', but I think it's because she thinks deeply, and even so she still continues to move forward, that's what I like about her.

Kubo
    I am happy. I have seen 1st gen and 2nd gen seniors, but to see 3rd gen name comes out as a senior you like feels like a wonder. So when fans told me that Rikachan mentioned my name at Sakamichi Joint Audition I thought 'What a strange girl'. Yet, now we are in the same group, and we are having a conversation like this... I should work harder to be more proper.

ーBut 'Kubo Channel' you hosted during 'Nogizaka 46 Hours TV' was excellent.

Kubo
    Thank you very much. It was a corner where I said 'Is it okay if it's me?', I didn't expect it will be used so much. Many grateful words given to me by seniors will be my driving force from now on.

ーIn 'Nogizaka 46 Hours TV', starting with the two-shot talk with Kitano (Hinako)-san, Kubo-san created a lot of dramatic stories.

Kubo
    I might become negative again, but I cannot do anything. I am not yet able to live up to fans' expectations, but at least I will do what I can. It was 'Nogizaka 46 Hours TV' which challenged that feeling.

ーIn the last live, your figure who stood at the center position of 'Mainichi ga Brand New Day' was impressive.

Kubo
    Thank you very much.

Satou
    I also thought 'how beautiful she is' when I was watching it. The lyric 'we are reborn every day in 365 days' really resonates with me.

Kubo
    I am happy!

ーIs there anything of you that you want to change, Satou-san?

Satou
    There is a lot, that if I changed everything I may just be a completely different person. I am negative, indecisive, I hesitate to say what I want to say, I take things inside my heart, I compare myself to my surrounding... It may be okay to be negative for the moment, but how should I change it.

ーDoes Kubo-san have any advice?

Kubo
    What should I say? (laughs) I haven't gotten rid of the negativity myself, but I realized that 'people who support me wants to hear my own real voice.' So instead of trying too hard to show my strong self, I think it's more meaningful to show 'this is me'. Maybe it's good to appreciate yourself even just once. There may be things you are worried about, but Rikachan is already great as it is.

Satou
    Thank you very much.

ーSpeaking of 'Nogizaka 46 Hours TV', during two-shot talk with Takayama (Kazumi)-san, Satou-san said 'I want to be strong and kind'.

Satou
    I think by being a strong and kind person, I can give other people courage. I think Kubo-san is that kind of person.

Kubo
    No, no, not all, I am a weak person (bitter laugh)

ーMaybe currently it's a difficult situation, but do you have a desire to have a live in Tohoku someday?

Satou
    Doing a live in hometown is my big dream. By holding that event, I want to give back to those who support us thus far.

Kubo
    I returned from hiatus at Hitomebore Stadium in Miyagi (September 2nd 2018), but since I only came out at the encore, I really want to have a live in Tohoku.

---------------------------------------((behold, this is the part I mentioned above))---------------------------------------

ーLastly, Satou-san, do you have anything you want to ask to Kubosan?

Satou
    There are a lot of things I want to ask, but I want to use this opportunity to tell Kubo-san in person... I've met Kubo-san before I joined Nogizaka.

Kubo
    Eh?! When? When?

Satou
    I also participated in 3rd generation audition, it was at the venue of the 2nd round selection...

Kubo
    Was my clothes at that time striped and short pants?

Satou
    Yes. There was a girl so white and with legs so thin at the station near the venue, so I thought 'This girl must be going for Nogizaka46 audition too!'. Since the venue was in Sendai, I didn't have sense of direction, but I thought 'it will be okay if I just follow this girl'. When I entered the venue, there was an empty seat right next to where Kubo-san sat, so I sat there.

Kubo
    Eh?! Could it be Rikachan's hairstyle was ponytail and you brought a trumpet?

Satou
    Yes (laughs)!

Kubo
    Ah! I remember because at that time when I saw you I thought 'I didn't prepare any special skill!'! We talked, right.

Satou
    Yes. Our height is similar, and Kubo-san also plays trombone, and both of us have poor eyesight, we talked about how we resemble each other.

Kubo
    Wait a second... I am so moved tears came out.

Satou
    At the venue, there's a paper of information about the audition but we couldn't see it from where we sat, so you said to me 'Let's go take a look together', do you remember?

Kubo
    I remember it! At the venue I was anxious and thought 'why did I come here', but I didn't have anyone to talk to, so the girl who sat with me was my only life-saver. I tried to find that girl at the venue of 3rd round selection in Tokyo, but she wasn't there...

Satou
    I didn't pass the 2nd round, but after that I watched the SHOWROOM audition, and I am so happy Kubo-san managed to enter Nogizaka46.

Kubo
    (wiping her tears) I am so happy, I can't believe we can meet again...

Satou
    For me, since there's not much idols or models who come from Tohoku, the fact that Kubo-san entered Nogizaka46 gives me hope. Even when I participated in Sakamichi Joint audition I always have this desire 'I want to talk to Kubo-san'. During 'Nogizaka 46 Hours TV' I always wanted to talk to you, but I didn't have the courage.... but then you called me after the program ended, it made me feel 'I received warm words from that girl back then'. I am so happy. 'Gekkan Entame'-san, thank you for giving me the opportunity to talk to Kubo-san.

ーAfter listening to such beautiful story, it is us who should say thanks. Kubo-san, how do you feel after listening to this?

Kubo
    I am glad I'm sticking to Nogizaka46. Moments like this also happen. This is really great.

Destiny.

• Like Like x 15
  20. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

@eternalord any clue what was Rika's mistake on 46 hours TV?