1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kurihara Sae (Saechan)

Discussion in 'Team H' started by Sadia23, Nov 2, 2013.

1. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    I forgot to post my follow up impression on Sae after the 2nd anniversary performance of HKT48. (i know it's late).

First of all, Skirt Hirari was nicely done by 3rd gen. The girls are barely 140-150 cm, so Sae is easily noticed.

The song doesn't have a particular center. No one standed more than the other. But Sae, because she is older than the other, really look out of the place.

It's not a negative statement, but while most of girls are really bonded with their respective generation ( Shokyu member, ori team K, ori team B, you know what i mean) i really wonder if Sae is getting along with other 3rd gen member. Normally, age gap is not a problem (mariko and Jurina ofc), but from the few i saw of kurihara Sae, she looks like the quiet and mysterious type (miles away from Tani Marika). Even though being mature, she is above all a KKS so a kohai to almost everyone in HKT.

What kind of behavior does she need? Maybe it will come by the time (or should i watch more performance)

2. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    Two week without a post! But I've got a lot to say. :lol:

First of all, @gocchi. Yeah she stood out and still stands out. She obviously gets along fine with them, that probably isn't a problem. For the bonding I can see where you are coming from. She's indeed the not a Marika. :lol: I don't find her to be that mysterious but another big thing could be the age gap between them. When I think back to when I was 17-18 and others were 14, well I can understand. :^^;:

Personally, after seeing her perform ( I'll get to that later) I think she's bonding a lot more with the other KKS recently, as in the 2nd gens and the few 1st gens. Which also seems logical to me as they're closer to her age and given the number of perfs she already has under her belt. And of course she'll open up little by little, but that's the beauty of it.

About those performances, she's has had 4 over the last 12 days, making it a total of 5 NP performances! Now you see why she comes in contact a lot with the other KKS, she's basically performing as one of them, on the same schedule. :lol: With each performance I watched (and I've seen them all of course) she seemed to fit in more and more as one of the regulars. Both in dancing and singing, which is already very good, in MC, which is logically a WIP for a character like her and in feeling as one of the "regular group". Let me illustrate what I mean with that last one: (resized cap but click on it to see the gif)

[​IMG]

Aside from really being in love with that look :inlove:, it also shows me a tiny bit of what I'm going to call the 'Rikopi-factor' from now on. Most of you who watched any debut of a 3rd gen with Rikopi will know what that means, she gets a lot of motherly feelings around them. :lol: Sae here gives me the feeling of being in the senior group looking to the younger 3rd gens a bit like an older sis.

Over time I've been starting to get the impression that she's actually one of the best performers on Pegasus (maybe the best? probably depends on taste). A couple of performances in the beginning were not live, not having any impurity in the singing. And I thought she was great, in singing and dancing. Now recently the performance was obviously live but Sae's level stayed exactly the same. [clap] It surprised me, because the solo parts before her had some impurities, which is of course nothing bad but it did make me brace myself for her part. Unneeded, in the end. Also she's smiling a lot more now too (refer to the gif again)

Now for the MC it's getting better in small steps. I never expected a type like Sae to whip out a great MC from the start, seeing her personality and temperament.
    I also think that her character is not something that holds her back. HKT doesn't really have a personality like her. Madoka was the 'mysterious girl' but she really isn't anymore, not to me at least (more like silly beauty :lol: ). It'll evolve over time, opening up bits of her character slowly. I also think a G+ would speed this up a lot (management pls)
    She's actually the girl we've seen the most of on stage but the least off-stage. No HS meet with casual clothes, no appearance in the Sasshi vid, ect. so who knows what's to come.

What's left is some trivia I got from the perfs. In the 2nd MC (Nako debut) she just talked about fruit (lol) and sometime later she apologised about not being able to make it to the HS event and that she'll work hard for the next one. Then in Emiliy's debut, In response to Mashiro talking about her oshihenning to Emily jsut because Emily said to her that she loved her, P-chan said something about oshihenning too. It was either Sae having P-chan as her oshi, but I think this isn't it because I read in an interview that Sae likes Oshima Yuuko in AKB and Aoi-chan in HKT. Or it was P-chan oshihenning to Sae, what sounded more logical and more likely to envoke a jealous reaction from Iichan. Great evolution. :awesome:

Oh and not to forget, she sold out one of her 5 two-shot slots!! Not bad for a debutee without a push. [clap]

Time for some picspam right?
    First some pictures from backstage :inlove: Lucky Mai & Manamin.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Some of her first theater photos (smile & serious face):
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Being cute in the group photo of a newspaper interview:
    [​IMG]

Crying along with Hazuki when Hazuki got emotional at the end of her debut :blush: :
    [​IMG]

Lastly, the text she sent Sasshi for her birthday because she couldn't attend the screening of the video due to some school event (again with the school event orz):
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    Really nice post Dejure, i'm glad you get what i meant, because looking back at my post, i was super confusing, my apologies (i wrote it very late i guess).

Again i'm ashamed being someone to have a liking to appearance (shallowshi). But thanks to your picture, i realize that even though there's an age gap, and despite having a mysterious and calm figure like Sayanee, she gladly share her feelings with her 3rd gen new nakama and put a lot of power in her performance.

3rd Gen completely won me over!

4. Jeffsquall

Jeffsquall Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Saechan made my mind yesterday when i watched Nounai Paradise with the 5 third gen...

she is a very strong performer... and i like her smile (and omg she smile a little...)

5. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    @gocchi
    Haha, no need to apologise. I could understand everything.

@Jeff
    Yeah her smile is quite soft most of the time but that's pretty much in line with her character I think. She does smile quite a lot, at least in the latest perfs. And about her dancing, I've uncovered some things that may clear that out.

Because I've been nosing around the bare, text-based zone that's called the Japanese side of the internet I found some more info on Sae.

They're some additional 'profile questions'

Favorite food:
    Fruit, especially pears.
    I can't peel them very well by myself so I want to practise on doing that.

Special skill:
    I'm good at jazz dance elements thanks to what I've learned during my past in rhythmic gymnastics.

If you compare yourself to an animal, which one would it be:
    A Koala, because it seems like it can sleep without much effort.

My recent trend:
    I've started to drink hot milk because it's beginning to get very cold recently.
    Every morning I drink a cup.

Senior I respect in the 48group:
    Oshima Yuko. I also want to become a person who can preform with charm like her.
    (tln: From HKT she likes Aoi-tan, said in a previous interview)

Something you would like to challenge in the future:
    I would like try and perform in other Nounai Paradise units besides Kimi wa Pegasus.

Your techiques against the cold: (tln: A seasonal question, I guess)
    Drinking hot beverages. However today I burnt my tongue because I was too fast with drinking it...

So there you have it, rhythmic gymnastics. This has increased my interest in perticular because I like gymnastics both rhythmic and normal.

Now I want to see her do some acrobatics too. :hehe: Maybe some day.

I'll end with some more pictures:

Cool captures from KwP:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The 3 tall KKS beauties :awesome: :
    [​IMG]

o-o! :
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  6. DreamingPebbles

DreamingPebbles Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles
    @DeJure: Thanks for the Sae posts! It's nice to know more about her. Rythmic gymnastics, that should give her plenty of body flexibility. Do you know where these profile questions come from? I suppose it's from the HKT48 cellphone service.

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. :lol:

7. Jeffsquall

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    @deJure

tks for the translation

well
    she can pass a different vibe from entire hkt... maybe a sexy mature girl? (much more than iichan or rikopi)
    i don't know but if she can explore this side she will get much more attention

*i hope so... i_i*

8. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    Another update
    (not that much to update on but still, I don't mind turning this into a Sae catalog for now lol)

First off Okapan made a post about Sae and Tsuttsun (another favorite of mine, check her out!)

[​IMG]

Now that she is encountering Sae and Tsuttsun more in the dressing room she noticed both of them wearing a lot of white in their casual clothes. Made me curious to see her on a handshake event.

About that handshake event, you know that she had to skip her first one due to some school, therefore the next thing was her first interaction event with fans! She, P-chan and I-chan did the cash register at the HKT48 Canal Shop for a while. They said she was, of course, nervous but everything went well.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Preformance wise she hasn't appeared in a line-up for something, only in the collective KKS Christmas one:

[​IMG]

And the picture afterwards, notice how she's clinging to Erena, cute:
    [​IMG]

I don't know when she will appear again, maybe in the delayed tsuttsun debut? We'll see.
    For now some other things:

A close-up scan of this:
    [​IMG]
    Not that great quality but still cute:
    [​IMG]

Her December Christmas Theatre cards:
    [​IMG]

And lastly a video! Maichan posted this and it seems like Sae didn't realise it was going to be a video. :awesome:
    After a shock she gets a bit more shy.
    Link

9. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    By the way, how well did she do for the 2 shots / handshake?

i know Nako has sold out, but i don't remember with sae...

10. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    The double smurf combo of Nako and Miku came in first, with 5/5 for Nako and 3/5 for Miku.
    Then came Sae with 1/5.
    Then the rest of the 3rd gen with 0/5.

I was pretty surprised to hear that she sold out a slot. Without appearing in shows or something and seeing that half of the 2nd gen KKS never sold out a slot in their life...
    A good start.

11. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    Stuck at the bottom for a while now...
    But from today on I'll update regularly!
    First a recap post.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

First her event appearances since, well, New Years lol:
    -Hakata a la mode performance
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    This was around New Years, she and 3 other 3rd gens did the performance of Kohaku again.
    2nd picture on the far right.

-All combined tour stops
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

During the tour she was in four units
    Kimi ni Tsuite (very pretty)
    [​IMG]

Pinocchio Gun
    [​IMG]

Otona Jelly Beans as a backdancer
    [​IMG]

As a part of team Pheromone in Majisuka (That was quite the surprise for me *ahem*)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

-Feb 2nd & 11th Handshake events
    At the 1st event they did a trading thing between the members, Sae got a Pikachu onesie. Didn't seem to know what to do with it though lol.

[​IMG]

At the 2nd event she was in lane with Misaki and she did some 'Currency quiz' I guess? lol

[​IMG] [​IMG]

She also appeared on Odekake twice now.
    First off she got a fashion make-over which I liked a lot.

[​IMG]

The second ep. she just kinda tagged along, but showed some concerned expressions lol

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Overall she was pretty shy in both her appearances but I think both of them were filmed quite early and during the same day so it's not that surprising that she's like that.
    It's also in her nature. She's no Tani lol

Some trivia I got hold of over this period, mainly from this feature of the 3rd gen:
    [​IMG]

- She's afraid of birds (Okapan pls)
    - She was in the All Japan Rhythmic Gymnastics Championships
    - Her Favorite 48Group songs are Choose me!, Candy & Suki Suki Suki
    - She said that she has an easygoing personality, so she takes care of her fellow 3rd Gen
    - She likes Matcha Ice Cream

She also told that she was afraid of showering while nobody else was in the room during the time they stayed in hotels during the tour, even though she knew that only members were around. lol

About her theater preformances. She has been improving on her MC, which is clearly her working point lol. At first it was stiff and a bit nevrous but that seems to be mostly gone now. It's only still a bit short. lol

To end, with this cute ending commentary.

And the two very imporant facts that:

-She's training to be Sasshi's under! So she'll probably be what Maichan is now for the new H, a big challenge but also a big opportunity. Feels nice that they trust her with this.

-She has sold out all her handshake slots for the next single!
    Not only the three first locations (Chiba, Osaka and Fukuoka)
    Kurihara 1.8/1.8 (0.6/0.6 0.6/0.6 0.6/0.6)

But also the extra Nagoya one!
    Kurihara 1/1

This really surprised me, I expected maybe seeing one of those small slots sell out. When I did see that I was very happy already but this is more than I could've dreamed of lol

Pretty good things to start off with. :blush:

12. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    glad to see her sold out all her slot, 2.8x500 it's already 1400 people wanting to meet her.

She looks like the quiet type, even though she is 17. I'm really curious to which kind of personnality she will head to.

But the video above makes me believe she is not feeling uneasy about talking, just doesn't know what to talk. A ponkotsu, maybe?

13. the_kaizar

the_kaizar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    tashimatenchou
    ^i think we can't judge her as ponkotsu because she doesn't really good at talking. all of 3rd gen members have same problem with talking, it's really understandable. she is really good performance in kimi wa pegasus and whole performance. you should check 'em. she is the best performer among 3rd gen members.

14. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    don't worry, i'm still waiting. We have to be patient with idols. If they are perfect from the start, all the "idols you watch grow" concept come to a waste.

Still, seeing her taking initiative during variety show is what i'm expecting in the future.

15. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    Well her strong point is clearly her performance. She slowly but steadily been improving her talking, as in being less nervous, talking more and in a more engaging way.

Although don't make any illusions for yourself, she's a calm, gentle and easygoing girl, she even said so herself. (Also why she takes care a bit of the 3rds).
    So you have to know what to expect. Personally I think the combination of age, height, looks and character & mood is her charm point, as there are basically no girls like her in HKT.

As for ponkotsu, she's more of a slightly airheaded girl from what I can see now than something like that.

And by the time we'll get to see her again in a variety show we'll probably have even forgot that we talked about this in the first place. lol

Now some nice caps I collected from the recent perfomances:

-Being fabulous (with Minazou in the 3rd!)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

-Being cute with members during perf (Manamin and little Misaki)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

-Her reaction faces to Rikopi, who's always besides her in the Nounai Para MC. Every single performance there's a new one lol. These two are from different ones too.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    i don't know how i'm supposed to interpret your sentence.

i'm making illusions if expect her to take initiative during variety show like Odekake?

I hope i'm wrong...

17. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    Yeah like the next step for her is to actually talk in response to things happening lol, not taking initiative and creating funny/interesting situations like Chori/Tani/Asuka/... do.
    I think that's putting the bar a tad too high for her, or she has to surprise me a lot.

Anyway, she was in today's Pajama Drive. I haven't checked it out but if the MC was interesting I'll report on it. For now two very nice photo's by Wakachan as usual (bless that girl).

She looks especially nice in the first one. And a bit like a mom lol
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    An update! Mainly about some MC's in performances and the handshake event.

First of all, a little report on last week's handshake event! You know that she sold out all of her slots for this, and well everything lol. They were short noon slots though so it's not a lot but it proved to be a busy lane.

Now I found some Japanese fans (and Sae oshi's !!) on twitter who went over to the event. The following tweets popped up around noon:

Naturally, I got very happy reading this. It was also nice to hear about her clothes as we got no photo's of the 3rd gens at all, besides the Sailor Moon Nako. Not from Ozaki or from the other members. :hmm:

This didn't ruin my good mood though as a female Sae & Sasshi oshi, Megumi, posted three handshake reports, here they are chronologically, in full:

First go:
    Sae 『Nice to meet you! Thanks for coming.』

Fan 『I was at one of your December performances but I couldn't see you very well...』

Sae 『Really! Thank you~♪』

Fan 『I'm so happy today, I'm gonna cry ...(;_;)(*Half-crying*)』

Sae 『Aah! Don't cry~(>_<)』

Fan 『I'm going to come over for another 2 times today...(;_;)!』

Sae 『Thank you! I'll be waiting (*^^*)!』

2nd go:
    Sae 『Ah! Thank you!』

Fan 『You know, my name is Megumi...』

Sae 『Megumi-chan?』

Fan 『Can you make up a nickname for me?』

Sae 『Hmm... (*Looking upwards in thought*)』

Fan 『... (^-^)』

Sae 『Hmm, what to pick... (>_<)? Megu-chan?』

Fan 『Megu-chan?』

Sae 『*nods* I'm going to call you Megu-chan. (^-^)♡』

Fan 『Okay! I'm going to come again!』

Sae 『See you~♪』

3rd go:
    Sae 『Megu-chan! (*While pointing*)』

Fan 『Waaa! Thank youuu!
    You know, back home, I'm making a Sae fan!』

Sae 『Really?? Amazing!♡』

Fan 『I'm using Hiragana!』

Sae 『Un! I'll point at you(^-^)♡』

Fan 『Thank you~( ´﹀` )♡ See you~! 』

Sae 『See you! Please come again! ♡』

She sounds nice to go and shake hands with! I've only heard really positive comments about her which is great. And of course, she couldn't resist buying some exclusive items lol
    [​IMG]

Secondly now, the performances! Sae showed up quite a few times recently and also did an ending comment with the other 3rd gens that performed that day. Notice that after failing with the Sakura petal in the last video I posted, she now comes on stage with one already stuck to her face lol:

She's active and leading them on a bit! I feel like her progression path is slow and steady.

The most surprising thing this week was the MC of none other than Minazou! She talked about Sae, I almost couldn't believe it lol:

I tried to summarize to my best ability but this is very exciting to me nonetheless! My favorite and second favorite! Good times. Look at her face during the MC (two leftmost screencaps):
    [​IMG]

To close it off, her new photo's and a video with a Sae-wink in it!
    [​IMG]

19. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    Kakkoi idol always have a bigger girl fanbase than usual male fanbase.

We can consider Sae as Yamamoto Sayaka and Miyazawa Sae alike.

I think it's a safe bet for management to upgrade her slot to 5, i would be interested if she can be on par with Nakomiku (because they are already around 5 or 8)

20. Jeffsquall

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    She is also doing better on mc too

she can talk much better and make jokes!