1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Lesbians in the 48 groups?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kawamoto Chiyo, Dec 9, 2015.

1. CherryBonchan

CherryBonchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    YES Wasamin is very gay & very perverted. Co-signed. She's also DD af, so...

Joking aside, I think she does it for humor as like, heteros do "gay" things intentionally for "humor." ...but she sure does talk a lot about girl's she likes/thinks are cute rather than answer "what kind of dude do you like" questions. This is what happens when you grow up in AKB LOL. Then again, she plays a bunch of Idolish7, so maybe her manager keeps her mouth shut on anything real life dude-related for the sake of fans, etc?

Certainly there is a certain...monetization to feigning gay for female fans & not really saying anything about real life dudes for male fans...

Where my gaydar goes off: Mogi. She's gotta have so many members/female fans/female classmates/etc confessing to her, that it's gotta be preying in the back of her mind, "all these girls are confessing to me...am I gay?" Tbh, Mogi's just the complete opposite of Saechan's charm-- Saechan looks masculine, but has a feminine personality. Mogi looks feminine, but has a masculine personality. This fresh boy charm could explain Mogi's ridic popularity among members [she's got, what, Saho, Mion, Riorin ON LOCK]

2. shogun

shogun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    The fortune teller did suspect Takamina years ago [hehe]

if the video does not show watch the video here

A Japanese discussion seemed to agree, though the prime suspect was Oya Shizuka.
    http://akbg-matome48.blog.jp/archives/20306342.html

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised about Matsui Jurina...

Nobody suspects Oshima Yuko?o_O

3. foodlfg

foodlfg Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    yamadanoe
    Twitter:
    foodlfg
    @shogun
    nice vid!
    it seems like Takamina is not sure about her sexual identity, indeed. she can be confused easily.
    maybe she feels insecure among the men species, might be prefer women instead.
    or she is just homo by default. xD

i'm not sure about Yuko though. i remember she swung her boobs in lil Sakura's face once, but i consider this sexpai harassment rather than feeling affection towards women.
    i'm sure everyone was laughing at it except Sakura... X)

nice description of Mogi, @CherryBonchan ^^b

4. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    As a lesbian myself, I feel Jurina and Sae are probably at least bi (possibly lesbian) - they just ping my gaydar, I guess. Might be the reason why they're my oshimen in the first place :lol: As for the girls who have a yuri character, of course they might be straight and just trying to stand out, but wouldn't a 100% straight girl find playing a yuri character a little annoying? I mean, there's so many different characters you can do to attract attention, I think to choose that one, there's a high chance they're at least slightly bi... Besides, bi people are really common, it's just that many of them never act out on it :lol:

And a few pages ago, somebody mentioned lesbian girls might not be attracted to an idol career because it includes dressing in sexy outfits to attract attention of men... As a lesbian, honestly I could live with it if it meant being sorrounded with other hot girls all the time :lol: If anything, lesbians might be more attracted to joining an idol group than the average straight girl. So I would really not be surprised if there were many bi or lesbian girls in the group... How many and which ones though, is hard to say because of course they're not going to be openly lesbian, on the other hand not having a boyfriend is totally normal since they're idols and doesn't attract any suspicion (as a feminine lesbian, not having a boyfriend is usually the number one thing that makes people doubt my straightness) :lol:

5. foodlfg

foodlfg Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    yamadanoe
    Twitter:
    foodlfg
  6. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    ^just saying, Otaki's oshimen is Momoka :^^;:

That was oshi-harassment :^^;:

Edit: After watching the show, OTAKI ASKED FOR IT!!!! :^O^:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  7. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
    ^I'm glad to know that!Honestly,I don't like Momoka because she seem so much like a player!I don't like players!I would hate even more if she start to go around kissing girls just because she feel like it and think she's all that!That's my own opinion though!

8. CherryBonchan

CherryBonchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    It's a smart point to bring up that most lesbians, in a Western sense, might not want to be idols as they are working in an industry that somewhat objectifies themselves for the male gaze...but I've met FARRRR more Eastern lipsticks than Eastern butch, whereas the US is a little more butch-heavy, it seems? So this "infiltrate their ranks, be around cute/sexy idols" idea does hold some water, at least to me...

Also, in an All Girls school type setting, there's ALWAYS at least 2 lesbians-- and they always find each other. It'll be interesting to see, in the future, when homosexuality is a little more widely acceptable in Japan, to see which idols are spotted dating-- BECAUSE IT'S GONNA HAPPEN

9. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    I think even most straight girls don't like being objectified, especially since their fans are not only hot young guys, but creepy older guys too... But it's just part of the job. Besides, not only are you surrounded by other hot/cute idols, but you also get female fans, especially the ones who have more of an 'ikemen' character tend to be quite popular among girls (both straight & lesbian). :D

To be honest, I think it's practically impossible for all of the 48 group girls to be straight... At the very least there's some bisexual girls, but I'm almost sure there's some lesbian(s) in there... I mean, it's not like we're an endangered species [hehe] And from personal experience, we really do tend to find each other even when you're not expecting to find another lesbian in a group of people - sometimes it's something that they say or just generally give off a gay vibe, even if the looks are not traditionally lesbian (i.e. butch), there's just this 'aha!' moment and I think usually it is mutual [hehe] So probably at least the non-straight girls know about each other, even if they are not openly lesbian in front of other groupmates :p Would be nice if finally some idol decided to come out publicly though... I know it's not likely to happen, but hey, even if she lost some fans, I'm sure she would gain some new ones too :D

10. qwerty_2000

qwerty_2000 Kenkyuusei

11. foodlfg

foodlfg Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    yamadanoe
    Twitter:
    foodlfg
    you mean, you are not believing it?
    u need moar proof about Yamada-kun??
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/lesbians-in-the-48-groups.13272/page-2#post-1126964

i guess some girls are just want to experience what is like to feel close to someone because it's a great feeling. some of them just goes further than others. for example Meru who definitely has more interest in such things. i guess the hormones work harder in her than they do in an average Japanese girl.
    and being in a girl group surrounded with attractive girls, it's hard to ignore the instincts.

some classic examples:
    http://nowtomorrow4eva.tumblr.com/post/42002153390

it can be used as a weapon too:
    http://krunchie.tumblr.com/post/42126807321/from-japan-to-russia-with-love
    Karen... xD

btw Karen kabedons any girl any time, no joke:
    https://twitter.com/Okadananafans/status/678893225139015680
    https://twitter.com/Okadananafans/status/678472893374726145
    (recent stuff)

as for the fandom, my own experience is there are quite a few non-straight girl interested in AKB.
    from those few people i follow on twitter, there are two how are openly lesbian for example.

12. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Well after observing Momoka she's tottaly a lesbo

And members with "chu" habits definitely have lesbo potential

13. qwerty_2000

qwerty_2000 Kenkyuusei

Of course I believe it. Which is why I said it was too obvious that she is one.

14. SenpaiPlease

SenpaiPlease Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    I agree with some people who write here. It's actually difficult to distinguish wich one are truly lesbians in a group where there's an excessive amount of fanservice (which I love). Besides, you got the yuri character girls (and remembered Naana too).

So I don't think if they're homosexual they would necessarily hide it in silence (by saying this I mean not doing fanservice at all and stuff), since they have the oportunity of hiding it with the "it's a character" excuse.

However, I think Jurina could be homosexual (or at least bisexual).

15. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

My point on this subject is, has always been, and always will be-------few of these girls have ever had any serious contact with the opposite sex. So, how do they know what their sexual proclivity truly is?

16. SenpaiPlease

SenpaiPlease Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    First of all, you don't need to be with someone of the opposite sex in order to know if you truly are homosexual. I think sexuality is something you discover through time, but there's a lot of people that since their childhood know very well what they like or not. So I repeat, a girl doesn't need to be with a man to know what she likes. Being lesbian means you're not attracted to men, so how do you expect a lesbian to be with a man if they're not attracted to them?

17. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    I generally agree with not necessarily hiding it, but on the other hand, acting 'too lesbian' would raise some suspicion among other members and it's possible they might not be ready to come out even in front of the other members. It's one thing joking about it and an entirely another thing to be an actual lesbian. We don't know how the other girls might react... Even though my country is quite accepting, I know of cases when girls would come out as lesbian and their classmates started to refuse to change clothes in front of them, make a big deal out of every joke, hug or little touch, etc. even though it was no problem before they came out. So, there might be similar issues if a girl came out in AKB48 (or was suspected to be a lesbian by fellow members), we simply cannot know their reaction and that's why an actual lesbian might also choose to remain in the closet.

I'm going to assume you're a straight guy, correct me if I'm wrong. But how do YOU know you're not gay, even if you haven't had sexual contact with a guy? As a lesbian, I know many both 'gold star lesbians' (who never had any sexual contact with a guy) and those lesbians who tried it at first before figuring it was not their thing. I know some people who knew they were gay/lesbian since kindergarten! On the other hand, some are confused and wondering for a long time, even into their adulthood. So just because someone didn't have much sexual contact with a person of the opposite sex, doesn't mean they can't be sure they are homosexual. Just like how many straight people don't usually wonder if they might be gay, they just know they like the opposite sex.

18. SenpaiPlease

SenpaiPlease Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    Totally agree with you :p
    Of course, I would hide it if I were there, for the same reasons you mention

19. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
    It's exactly like @Riina says!I'm one of those lesbian that have been attracted since they were kids and I never been with a man!I don't need to be with a guy to know that I'm not interested!Which bring me to the point that I wanted to add,the girls are in contacts with male staffs all the time!I even assume that there is more men then women!Just look at the guards in pictures during the handshakes events!0 women as far I can tell (well maybe 1 since I think I saw one when a younger member or ngt went to Akarin's lane followed by a camera)!So with all the guys that around them,see on the streets,on tv,etc I doubt they never got the chance to be like "oh,that guy is hot" and have sexual thought about them some times to times!You don't need to have to sleep with someone to know if you're gay or not!Then again some people need that confirmation but that's up to them and there's nothing wrong with that!

Last thing,I down know if heteronormativity is relevant in the conversation but people are expected to act or love a certain way but if they have less "contacts" with men help them discover themselves,it's good in my book!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  20. SenpaiPlease

SenpaiPlease Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    Agree with you.
    Plus, we must not forget that most of this girls went/go to school. Unless it's an only-girls-school, they surely had relationships with boys (note: not necessarily LOVE relationships, but relationships such as friends, classmates, and so on). They are in AKB, not in some sort of isolated place. Plus, being in the entertainment world means you can new more people... right? It's not like there aren't boys around them