1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Lesbians in the 48 groups?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kawamoto Chiyo, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Basically I think she doesn't mind either way, but she does want to get married and have kids... someday. She can be attracted to both gender but ultimately I think she will settle with a guy.
    Also she likes both both yuri and yaoi manga/anime. Most girls like yaoi manga only (I believe she said Yuria and Sayanee from what I can remember). The last yuri manga that she often mention is NetsuzouTRap (abbreviated as NTR, and yes, she knows NTR) and Citrus, both will get a TV anime adaptation, which she retweeted about it.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  2. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Woah that's new. Thanks for the info!

3. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    I just noticed that Okada Nana follows some (official) yuri anime accounts on twitter, like Citrus and NTR: Netsuzou Trap.

4. Ozeki

Ozeki Member

Oshimen:
    Nibubu
    Nana Okada has a self-proclaimed ‘Yuristagram’ so that’s something
    @okada7_akb48_stu48

5. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    From CKG48 thread:
    "Photo (Is this allowed?)"

Mod edit: No, because your photo exceeds forum guidelines

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2018
  6. Iizuka-Tengu

Iizuka-Tengu Kenkyuusei

I think a major issue in regard to gleaning well... anything about this... is the simply fact that any member of AKB48 group who shows any sort of attraction or desire towards anyone who is male at all is kind of well... totally sunk. I mean, if she is so much in the general vicinity of any male in her off-time, particularly a famous one, there is like a 50/50 chance she'll get outright thrown out of the group.

So naturally those that show affection towards anyone at all end up showing it primarily towards other girls/women.

Of course, there was Kinoshita Momoka and that one NGT girl who already graduated who show every sign of the stereotype lesbian dress, mannerism and behavior...

Okada Nana is a difficult one to discern. Not the least because two dramas have put her in roles where she had a male love interest and then she either proved to be far more interested in a female love interest or she faked being gay because her love interest became dangerously obsessed with her.

The thing is-- those were roles written for her. We can't really know how much input she had on that-- or whether this is totally a manufactured role the company assigned her.

And her behavior towards members, her best friend in particular, does seem somewhat more affectionate than most members seem towards one another... but there are also a dozen other members out of the nearly 300 in the group who do act in very similar ways towards certain other members.

There are at least 6 other members who act in comparably affectionate ways towards at least one other member and two of them are two of the three members to have had boyfriends at some point and avoided being fired.

7. Momentosis

Momentosis Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Okada also openly watches and follows yuri anime/manga and movies.

8. Iizuka-Tengu

Iizuka-Tengu Kenkyuusei

Again, that could be just cultivating the image. Okada is far more into the whole PR side of things than just about every other member. She puts out 7 mails a day, often with multiple images attached to each image, and I don't think it is any mistake that both her love drama and the Cabasuka plotline assigned to her involved homosexuality to some degree.

Which isn't to say she is being deceitful. But generally speaking Japanese girls have far less negative reaction towards yuri anime/manga/movies than boys have towards yaoi content. So, if it helps build a particular image for her that fans would go wild for, I think she would be quite happy to add those to her twitter followers.

After all-- surely a far larger percentage of members would no doubt be interested in explicit heterosexual content or yaoi content and... when do you even ever hear about that? Surely if members are willing to bury interests that they feel would cause fans to turn on them, then it isn't unreasonable to say they might feign interest in or exaggerate interests in things that would excite fans.

9. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Out of curiosity, since I didn't watch Cabasuka except the first few episodes, what was Naachan's plotline that involved homosexuality?

It's not "explicit" but some members do swoon over guys occasionally.

10. Iizuka-Tengu

Iizuka-Tengu Kenkyuusei

Ah.. Her plotline in that series... well, it came out so long ago that I don't imagine spoilers matter.

She was part of the yanki who were recruited to the club in order to raise money to save the school. One of the customers who came in was a guy who clearly wasn't used to getting attention from girls at all, very nerdy and not wealthy at all. He was super nervous, but he and Nana seemed to have a good time and start to like each other...

Then he came in again and he started stealing money from his company (I think) so that he could spend more and more time at the club with Nana. When he saw that she was flirting with all the other customers too, he got really jealous. And he left her an angry note and later attacked one of the other customers who came out. I think things even escalated a bit more than that, I forget exactly how, but basically his obsession with her was causing problems.

Anyway, he came again and was causing a ruckus and so to get him to lose interest in her, Nana made up a bunch of photographs with one of the other girls and said they were in a relationship. This caused the guy to freak out and run away.

Oddly enough, the guy comes back in the last 5 minutes of the series and apologizes to her profusely and they seem to make-up and it seems like they would be on friendly terms after that.

11. MindOfALibra

MindOfALibra Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I wonder if there are many gays or lesbians among 48 group wotas :lol: surely lesbians would find the idols attractive, and gays have been known to support women celebrities (Gaga, Beyonce, Britney, Christina Aguilera, etc).

12. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Yes, 100%. Without a doubt. I give you my word.

13. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Guilty gay here.

14. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    *raises hand* :^^;:

15. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
  16. natsunishi

natsunishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iriyama Anna
    *joins the hand rising*

17. trxsh

trxsh Member

Among foreign fans there are a ton of us. Almost all of my female twitter mutuals who were 48g fans were gay or bi. I am too, even though I don't think I follow idols mainly for sexual reasons, but maybe that aspect is somewhat related to the devotion and emotional attachment involved in really supporting an idol. The groups do tend to market themselves in a titillating way, so the likelihood that a lot of the people who are drawn in would be attracted to girls seems high.

Among Japanese fans, I think there would be gay guys sure, but maybe a bigger proportion of girls (out of the already few female fans) would be gay or bi too.

It would be cool to see survey data about that kind of thing. I imagine a lot of Japanese people wouldn't be cool with answering that kind of survey though :p

18. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Another survey question. I am curious if people are attracted to idols that they perceive to have a similar status. I am a straight male and am attracted to members that I think (rightly or wrongly) are straight (with a few exceptions). Is the same true for those of you with your "hands up"? I wonder if the answers from gay men with hands up would be the same as the answers from the lesbians with hands up.

19. MindOfALibra

MindOfALibra Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Thanks for sharing this! Voted! I think they are a few too many categories there, a bit fragmented when we don't have hundreds of respondents.

@sscrla @trxsh yea the attraction thing is kinda funny. I'm a bi man and I support Yukirin because I identify with her the most i.e. I think I'd be a lot like Yukirin if I were a girl (also because she's beautiful and great at performing ofc). The member that I find the most attractive is actually Mayu, both appearance and personality wise.

No surprise that I'm a MaYuki shipper [hehe]

Although I think they are both straight ...

20. Nelke

Nelke Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takita Kayoko
    I would say I’m a good example of this. I’m a lesbian and my oshi is openly bisexual. While I wouldn’t say that is the complete reason for Kayoyon being my favorite, but it did factor into the initial interst I had of her. I would say I do like the girls who seem to express actual interst in other girls because it puts the girls on a very relatable level where you just want to support them so they are happy.